Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k (65317 Views)

How Sidechick 'Killed' Married Man, Stole Benz Jeep In Uyo / CCTV Footage Shows The Moment A Man Stole A Praying Woman's Phone In Church / Man Loses His Job After This Man Stole N1.2 Million From A Bank In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Olumaeme: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
What if he lost? would the girlfriend not collect her money back?

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Kingcalls: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
WaterWalker5:

The man dug his grave with his mouth

Even if he accept that he stole it ...the only thing is for him to return the stolen money na ... even if he admits ....no court will award the girl anything more ...unless she can prove that if he dintvsteal the money she wud have used the money to make a certain about of money...she wud hv to prove it in court...

Besides when the girl asked him , he told her that he will pay her back and she accepted...only for her to change mouth the moment he made a 100m
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by jaxxy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
joedave:

Guy, I'm done advicing you. And that's one of the beauty of social media. You can come across many people from background where you may never be opportuned to meet in real life. We learn everyday.

If you found yourself in this type of condition or situation, don't try to be greedy, it can end one's life without tasting an inch of that same money. Live and let others live. Have a great weekend.

U have deviated from the law to endings ones life on this matter. I thought the law was good enough to sort it out if it was a valid case.

So if the gf says give her the 100m or she will end his life he should give her so he continues his life? Does that make any sense to you?

Let us apply sense pls. She cannot make any demands it may be agreed on certain terms at best. U cannot also threatens people because they don’t do what u want by force. He stole 10k not 100m or 40m.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Angelfrost(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Champneys:

All these one nah story.

What he owes that woman is what he stole from her!

Anything else he does after that is at his own discretion.

Regarding to stealing, he will live with the consequences of that for the rest of his life, trust broken and the sin that is associated with that are some examples.

Simple.

I can only teach sir... Learning is optional! Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Maconstruct(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
Just tell us you want to advertise the new betting site.
Else d boyfriends slip must b like wedding gown
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by AvalonSpace(m): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
Which Bet House pays more than 40 million? They have the limit they pay. Where did this one happen?
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by JuanDeDios: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
the important question IS: what would be her reaction if he had lost the money?!

IMHO the man is a thief, and as a thief he owes her absolutely NOTHING.... not even the 10k because thieves dont have moral/values.
This is one-track reasoning. In human affairs, there are nuances, considerations, and relativism. Yes, he's a thief, but the story is different NOW since she's made the decision not to call the police on him.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by sonofElElyon: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
paxx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOvfNetlB_k

Man stole his girlfriends 10k to bet with it and won 100m, and gave her 10k back. Now she is furious and wants 40m.

Is she right or wrong?

Never happened...
What's the news source?
She didn't mention their names or any specific details..
Most unlikely that any Nigerian lady stolen from would refrain from inviting the Nigeria Police to help her recover her "due".
Lastly, let's play along as if the story is true... Did the man accept he stole or claims the lady gave him the money willingly? Cos if he says he took the money with her consent then it's just her word against his..

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Kingcalls: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Masterito:
She invested or traded her money without her consent, so she has right to demand better. She can claim she wanted to also bet the money. The guy should be careful make greed no let am lose the whole money.

Even if she claims that she wanted to betvwith the money, she wud have to prove it in court...I dont know if u guys hv ever been to a court b4... its not umumna under mango meeting.... its a court and with court comes evidence... she must provide evidence that she wud have won so so so if tmshe had the money with her .... reason being that there are no guarantees in betting ..... and even if she wanted to bet , then she must provide the wud hv won code of a game she had arranged

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by WoundedLamb: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Did you say borrow or stole?

If he borrowed it without any clause that gives her right to the proceeds, then she has no case. If he stole it, she has a case.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by sammugbes(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's simple, return the 10k, and decide what to give the girl, case closed. Why 40m

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Angrygoat: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
100 m na inside Ghana must go. The owoe looks like 10m. 100m kor,500m ni
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by WoundedLamb: 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
DonEd:

Greed is making you forget that the less preferred lady is whose money u took to get rich and even think of donating to motherless babies home.

How you men think sometimes amazes me to the high heavens
It's not as if Nigerian men do not know this. They surely know thier thinking is not rational. But sexism, just like tribalism, is a strong blindening force. These same men would have been very objective if it was a case between two men. But once a lady is involved, their sense of logic/objectivity disappears.

2 Likes

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Playermayweda(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
joedave:

Well this angle will be subjective in law. It will depend largely on what the law states giving the use of stolen fund for lottery or bet.

However, if you ask me, it is between the lady and the guy as there wasn't an establishment of dubiousness attached to the bet result that guaranteed his winning. He won the bet incontestable without doubt. The contention is the source of the fund being used of which the rightful owner can seek redress. Whichever way, that guy is a stark loser at the end of it all.

Yh in all cases the end result always is the man losing, Best case scenario the woman completely wins and she gets most or all of the money
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Champneys: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Angelfrost:

I can only teach sir... Learning is optional! Have a nice day.

And you too bro.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Okay but you know it's not possible for them to give the girl more than 100k or highest 200 nobody is giving her 100million because she lost 10k.
The law will consider her negligence too there are so many things to consider last last the guy will walk away a happy,rich and fulfilled man ; grin
SUPERPACK:
If the money have not been paid out the betting site rule will be first. If after payout the constitution. Either way it goes the guy will be guilty of an offence.

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Playermayweda(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
simplepee:
Don't be delusional. A gambler and thief is never contented. Don't be surprised he will still blow up the money by wanting more....

Hmm, delusional??, Whether or not he spends his money, at least he still had it and the lady never had even a percent of it,

May I ask u madam, Why is it paining u like this?, It's neither ur own problem nor can u do anything to change what happens, that assuming this story is true and is not just some clickbait to get ur attention. What makes u think what i was saying was delusional, or makes me look delusional, be careful the way u type becos it might make u look foolish for something that's not worth it.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by EndRape2(f): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
If he is wicked ,then Sue him for stealing, let him , it shows he does not love the girl.

uote author=paxx post=105878252]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOvfNetlB_k

Man stole his girlfriends 10k to bet with it and won 100m, and gave her 10k back. Now she is furious and wants 40m.

Is she right or wrong?
[/quote]
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Guestlander: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
sammugbes:
It's simple, return the 10k, and decide what to give the girl, case closed. Why 40m

Superpack posted a this link.

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
The problem is the word stolen, assuming she said he took her money ,then we can say the man has join the stingy man association, but now the man has refunded her money so why complaining, they are not married and moreover I don't think the guy loves her, she should move on and be happy she dodge a bullet, she was just a friend perhaps they never defined there relationship.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Afikoo: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2021
I know you love football. I know you are a fan of Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal , Liverpool, Real Madrid , Barca , Bayern , Man City , etc

But please , don't click on this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmHYBoo75CvmNujQfmn6QCw?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
I believe betting companies have maximum amounts you can win.

That for NairaBet, from a Google search, seems to be N40m. So the others will likely not be much different.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by joedave(m): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2021
jaxxy:

U have deviated from the law to endings ones life on this matter. I thought the law was good enough to sort it out if it was a valid case.

So if the gf says give her the 100m or she will end his life he should give her so he continues his life? Does that make any sense to you?

Let us apply sense pls. She cannot make any demands it may be agreed on certain terms at best. U cannot also threatens people because they don’t do what u want by force. He stole 10k not 100m or 40m.

Good day.

Let me dignify you with one last salvo which I think should help correct your passing out impression.

Earlier in my responses to your mentions, I spoke about law and morals and consequences in which you doggedly defended the crook of a guy. Then I mentioned lately in how this can even end someone's life in real sense. If you allow your mind to be open and not sentimental, you will relate easily that many die on the instances of business gone wrong. So I thought I was giving advice to someone who could read and understand from various angles of perception.
Anyways, you're entitled to your thoughts, opinions and ideas just as I do and every individual, and at the tail end, we all alone will bear the consequences of our actions negatively or positively either here on this Earth or at the other side. Chao!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by simplepee(f): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
Playermayweda:

Hmm, delusional??, Whether or not he spends his money, at least he still had it and the lady never had even a percent of it,

May I ask u madam, Why is it paining u like this?, It's neither ur own problem nor can u do anything to change what happens, that assuming this story is true and is not just some clickbait to get ur attention. What makes u think what i was saying was delusional, or makes me look delusional, be careful the way u type becos it might make u look foolish for something that's not worth it.
Pele my dear. Stop vibrating, you will be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Elliot2(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2021
joedave:

Of course she's damn right shocked

What a greedy hearted guy he is. He stole the money and wasn't even magnanimous to give her at least 20%. She would've gladly collected it but seeing how wicked the guy was by just returning the paltry N10k made her furious.

Now she wanted N40m. There always a reaction for every action. Now let him do the needful. Barawo bansa tongue
Can she prove beyond reasonable doubts that he stole her money?

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Agugbadin: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
He is a wicked man and if he insist on taking all the money he will lose it all.
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Orlu15(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:
Y should she collect 40m ?? Its not her money...her money is 10k
The lady is the one who is greedy here

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by WaterWalker5(m): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Even if he accept that he stole it ...the only thing is for him to return the stolen money na ... even if he admits ....no court will award the girl anything more ...unless she can prove that if he dintvsteal the money she wud have used the money to make a certain about of money...she wud hv to prove it in court...

Besides when the girl asked him , he told her that he will pay her back and she accepted...only for her to change mouth the moment he made a 100m
Let's call a spade what it is! This guy is greedy. Period!!!
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by jaxxy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
joedave:

Let me dignify you with one last salvo which I think should help correct your passing out impression.

Earlier in my responses to your mentions, I spoke about law and morals and consequences in which you doggedly defended the crook of a guy. Then I mentioned lately in how this can even end someone's life in real sense. If you allow your mind to be open and not sentimental, you will relate easily that many die on the instances of business gone wrong. So I thought I was giving advice to someone who could read and understand from various angles of perception.
Anyways, you're entitled to your thoughts, opinions and ideas just as I do and every individual, and at the tail end, we all alone will bear the consequences of our actions negatively or positively either here on this Earth or at the other side. Chao!!!

U are entitled to ur opinions bt ur opinion isn’t the law or necessarily the accurate or right actions.

I would like to explore the law angle with u and I said clearly u can only hold him for theft and it won’t even be a criminal case because they were a couple. Many women steal from their husbands daily and nobody goes to jail on such accounts especially when the amount is low or negligible.

Only ending people life, any mad person can do that for even no reason bt there will also be consequences mind u. On the senario ur trying to paint a business gone wrong I understand such incidents bt this was not a business deal so I don’t understand the comparison.

I have borrowed people money who cudnt/didn’t pay back and now they are made and yet I haven’t bothered to ask them for a dime talkless of instrest, I have helped people and when they get paid I don’t demand they owe me anything cos I helped them. I have invested in people and when things smile on them I don’t go demanding or hating on them for not responding talkless of ending another humanbeings life.

Lets be guided on the right reactions to issues. If it was my guy who stole my money and hit big I can’t demand anything more than my 10k back I can only reason with him to settle me better for atleast using my money to bet and definitely not 40m.

The greed here is on. Both sides. The guy giving back only 10k and the lady demanding 40m are both greedy.

1 Like

Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Kingcalls: 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
SUPERPACK:
He will lose that whole earning if the girl takes the case to court and the girl will collect the earnings. It is a straight win for the girl should she sue the guy for stealing her money. Remember the case of Ivictus Obi. Worse case scenario, the betting company is involved, the man will be sued for money laundering because he violated their anti-money laundering rules and all winnings voided.
Read below the opinion of a criminal law practitioner and an ex law enforcement agent with 36 years experience.

https://www.quora.com/If-someone-invests-with-stolen-money-is-the-money-they-gain-from-their-investments-legally-earned

Amount matters ...stealing millions from someone to double it or make 50% profit is different from using 10k to gamble and win 100m... what u posted cant be justified in the courts ... it will be thrown out by the judge
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by WaterWalker5(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
simplepee:
Pele my dear. Stop vibrating, you will be fine.
Nailed it babe
Re: Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k by Elock1: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
DonEd:

Greed is making you forget that the less preferred lady is whose money u took to get rich and even think of donating to motherless babies home.

How you men think sometimes amazes me to the high heavens
please and please don't generalize it... Just say how the mumu you quoted think and not all of us.. Biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Police Officer Among Seven Killed In Edo Bank Robbery Attacks (Photos) / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades / Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.