Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886072 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
gestax2002: @ All, pls aw do i make money transfer to uni-assist?
Do u have a gtb dom acct?u can request for there bank details and transfer the money there,cos I doubt if they will honour card from nigeria.
How much is there charges,let me c if I can talk to someone in goethe institute about it.a german lady.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=futurewise11]
Do u have a gtb dom acct?u can request for there bank details and transfer the money there,cos I doubt if they will honour card from nigeria.
How much is there charges,let me c if I can talk to someone in goethe institute about it.a german lady.

[/quote

Are you studying at goethe institute?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by beni1: 12:57am On Sep 30, 2012
hello nairalanders, i want to apply for a masters program in germany,would really appreciate if anyone can give me a detailed GENUINE information on how to go about it..especially with the part of documentation...someone was saying some confusing stuff like legalising abi verification, well dont really know...dats why i want u guys to totally enlighten me on this.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2012
futurewise11:

Wise,is there any a month german language studying in goethe institute jst 4 effective communication?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2012
beni1: hello nairalanders, i want to apply for a masters program in germany,would really appreciate if anyone can give me a detailed GENUINE information on how to go about it..especially with the part of documentation...someone was saying some confusing stuff like legalising abi verification, well dont really know...dats why i want u guys to totally enlighten me on this.
It depends on the course and school you want to apply to, but you will need ur bachelor certificate,transcript then 0'level result-these are constant documents i knw. I think certification is okay which u can do in a court or any legal practisional. Not sure abt the legalisation,Check out the website of ur prefered school to seeing their requirements.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2012
[quote author=Demaejy]
Wise,is there any a month german language studying in goethe institute jst 4 effective communication?[/quot

depends on how fast you can assimilate. But here in port harcourt, it can be arranged.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2012
@zhukafa
thankxxx.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2012
Demaejy: @zhukafa
thankxxx.

nich zu danken.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2012
zhukafa:

nich zu danken.
grin bro which language be this 0 and whts d meaning?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
[quote author=zhukafa][/quote]

No,I work around there.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
Demaejy:
grin bro which language be this 0 and whts d meaning?

'Nichts zu danken' in german simply means, 'Dont mention'
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
futurewise11:

No,I work around there.

ok. Enjoy bro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
Herzlichen Glückwunsch Nigeria
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
zhukafa:

ok bro
zhukafa:

ok bro
zhukafa:

ok bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Gudnicedeals: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
Please concerning the letter to be obtained from the ministry of education attesting that someone was taught using english language as a medium from primary to secondary. Must it be the ministry from abuja or can it be obtained from the ministry in the state i reside.
Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Aylanre: 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
ur experience had really help me with my interview & oda tins wt German Embassy. but tomorrow will mark my 22nd day after interview still dnt hear anything from the Embassy nd my resumption day is tomorrow too. is dea anything I could do to help nd hw is ur study in Germany hope u ar coping well...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yanyan(m): 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
concerning the birth certificate, is it a most to get the new national population commission birth certificate or can someone use the old one from birth issued to us in the 70ties and 80ties?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gudnicedeals: Please concerning the letter to be obtained from the ministry of education attesting that someone was taught using english language as a medium from primary to secondary. Must it be the ministry from abuja or can it be obtained from the ministry in the state i reside.
Thank you
you can obtain it from d ministry of edu. of d state u are residing.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
yanyan: concerning the birth certificate, is it a most to get the new national population commission birth certificate or can someone use the old one from birth issued to us in the 70ties and 80ties?
you can use it sir, since it was issued by desame bdy(NPC). But if u are capable of obtaining d new versn one, isn't a bad idea.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Midastorch(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2012
Hello peeps,I'm new to nairaland and I really find it an interesting place to be.I have a friend in Qatar whose agent (a german) is helping with job in berlin. I've paid a token to the man thru my friend and he told me the guy said the next thing is collection of invitation frm the Company I'm suppose to work which I will take to their embassy here in Nigeria.my question is,is it reliable?meanwhile I just graduated frm a naija Uni.thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Gudnicedeals: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demaejy:
you can obtain it from d ministry of edu. of d state u are residing.

Thanks Damaejy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by olajebu(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
i went for a visa interview today at the German embassy, the guy that interviewd was friendly and nice all through..He said i should come back for my passport in two weeks time...Does his frindliness mean the visa is assured ?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dotcomnamename: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2012
olajebu: i went for a visa interview today at the German embassy, the guy that interviewd was friendly and nice all through..He said i should come back for my passport in two weeks time...Does his frindliness mean the visa is assured ?

Don't worry, you will get it by God's grace. Is this your first time or , have u got any visa before?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dotcomnamename: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2012
Midastorch: Hello peeps,I'm new to nairaland and I really find it an interesting place to be.I have a friend in Qatar whose agent (a german) is helping with job in berlin. I've paid a token to the man thru my friend and he told me the guy said the next thing is collection of invitation frm the Company I'm suppose to work which I will take to their embassy here in Nigeria.my question is,is it reliable?meanwhile I just graduated frm a naija Uni.thanks

Are you sure your money has not been used paid for Mr Biggs or Mcdonald? grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2012
olajebu: i went for a visa interview today at the German embassy, the guy that interviewd was friendly and nice all through..He said i should come back for my passport in two weeks time...Does his frindliness mean the visa is assured ?

Is it Lagos or Abuja?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by monique2002(f): 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
jejet: Just came across this post. Germany student visa is not complicated, just as simple as ABC as I got my study visa in June this year. So only those who have gone through the process should contribute and not complicate issue for potential applicant.
I applied to 4 universities via Uni Assist and I have so far recieved admission offer from 3 of them. Immediately I revieved the first admission letter from one of the universities I began my visa processing to save my time even though I don't intend to attend that university. I got the admission offer from the one I intend to attend yesterday though both are in the same federal state so I wont have complication with my paper works; cos the visa carries the name of the school with which I used to apply. I contacted the embassy via telephone immediately about this and the man at the visa section assured me that I wont have problem with the foreigners office in Germany.
Immediately I got the letter of offer from the university, i went to the German consulate in Lagos to open the student block account. The lady at the reception gave me the deutsche bank form and i submitted it with a photocopy of my admission letter and the biodata page of my international passport. I got my account details from the deutsche bank after 3 weeks. I transferred the required amount to the account and I got a confirmation of payment from the bank after 5 days. I sent the payment confirmation, passport biodata page, and photocopy of admission letter along with the request for appointment form to the consulate general via dhl. I got a response 3 days later for my appointment in 3 weeks.
On the appointment day, it was a lovely experience. Got to the consulate at 6:25am and those with student visa and family reunion were ushered in first. We went straight to the visa section and were called in one after the other. There are 4 rooms in the visa section and i was called to room 2 where a young Nigeria guy collected my document and entered my details to his computer and asked me to go sit down at the reception. After 25 minutes at the reception, a german guy came and invited me first to his office cause we are only 2 applying for student visa. The man ushered me to his office inside the consulate where he made me feel comfortable, he switched on his computer and the interview began. He read every question from the computer and he entered all my answers into the system. After the interview he stamped a page on my passport; the stamp contained the date of appointment and the visa type. He told me my application has been forwarded to the foreigners office for approval and he usherd me back the reception and l left to my home.
22 days after the interview, I got an email from the consulate to come to the consulate with a 90 days travel insurrance. I printed the email, did travel insurrance for 23k from AIICO and went to the embassy. I submitted my passport along with the travel insurance at the visa section and the lady wrote "collection at 2pm on my slip. She gave it to me and asked me to come for collection at 2pm. About 70 of us came for the collection and we were called one after the other. I got mine and the lady said your visa is approved and you will submit your passport to the foreigners office in germany after you enroll in your university to extend your visa from 90 days to 2 years. Thats my story. i wish other applicant good luck
Re: German Embassy And Visa by monique2002(f): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
@ jejet. Which of the admission letters did u finally use to get ur visa? Am ving thesame problem. I applied to 2 universities in thesame Federal State, Eberswalde and Cottbus. Eberswalde sent my admission letter 1st and i started my apllication with it. The school resumed on the 24th of September and i was given until Nov 2 to resume. I just got my visa appointment and its on the 18th of Oct. The timing is too close and am nt sure i can make the deadline. Meanwhile the other school, Cottbus is resumin later in October. I want to know if it is possible for me to change my admission letter during the appointment or use the visa the that will be given to me and attend Cottbus? I really need a reply cuz am confused.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by monique2002(f): 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
jejet: Just came across this post. Germany student visa is not complicated, just as simple as ABC as I got my study visa in June this year. So only those who have gone through the process should contribute and not complicate issue for potential applicant.
I applied to 4 universities via Uni Assist and I have so far recieved admission offer from 3 of them. Immediately I revieved the first admission letter from one of the universities I began my visa processing to save my time even though I don't intend to attend that university. I got the admission offer from the one I intend to attend yesterday though both are in the same federal state so I wont have complication with my paper works; cos the visa carries the name of the school with which I used to apply. I contacted the embassy via telephone immediately about this and the man at the visa section assured me that I wont have problem with the foreigners office in Germany.
Immediately I got the letter of offer from the university, i went to the German consulate in Lagos to open the student block account. The lady at the reception gave me the deutsche bank form and i submitted it with a photocopy of my admission letter and the biodata page of my international passport. I got my account details from the deutsche bank after 3 weeks. I transferred the required amount to the account and I got a confirmation of payment from the bank after 5 days. I sent the payment confirmation, passport biodata page, and photocopy of admission letter along with the request for appointment form to the consulate general via dhl. I got a response 3 days later for my appointment in 3 weeks.
On the appointment day, it was a lovely experience. Got to the consulate at 6:25am and those with student visa and family reunion were ushered in first. We went straight to the visa section and were called in one after the other. There are 4 rooms in the visa section and i was called to room 2 where a young Nigeria guy collected my document and entered my details to his computer and asked me to go sit down at the reception. After 25 minutes at the reception, a german guy came and invited me first to his office cause we are only 2 applying for student visa. The man ushered me to his office inside the consulate where he made me feel comfortable, he switched on his computer and the interview began. He read every question from the computer and he entered all my answers into the system. After the interview he stamped a page on my passport; the stamp contained the date of appointment and the visa type. He told me my application has been forwarded to the foreigners office for approval and he usherd me back the reception and l left to my home.
22 days after the interview, I got an email from the consulate to come to the consulate with a 90 days travel insurrance. I printed the email, did travel insurrance for 23k from AIICO and went to the embassy. I submitted my passport along with the travel insurance at the visa section and the lady wrote "collection at 2pm on my slip. She gave it to me and asked me to come for collection at 2pm. About 70 of us came for the collection and we were called one after the other. I got mine and the lady said your visa is approved and you will submit your passport to the foreigners office in germany after you enroll in your university to extend your visa from 90 days to 2 years. Thats my story. i wish other applicant good luck
[quote][/quote]

@ jejet. Which of the admission letters did u finally use to get ur visa? Am ving thesame problem. I applied to 2 universities in thesame Federal State, Eberswalde and Cottbus. Eberswalde sent my admission letter 1st and i started my apllication with it. The school resumed on the 24th of September and i was given until Nov 2 to resume. I just got my visa appointment and its on the 18th of Oct. The timing is too close and am nt sure i can make the deadline. Meanwhile the other school, Cottbus is resumin later in October. I want to know if it is possible for me to change my admission letter during the appointment or use the visa the that will be given to me and attend Cottbus? I really need a reply cuz am confused.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Jejet okay i want to study electrical engineering please can you give me some schools i can apply for ahead of the 2013 academic session please i would like you to fer back to me
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TummieMarshal: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2012
p's, i want to study chemical process engineering in any school in germany, pls can anyone help me wit any school that the admissions is stil on. Pls pals, i need the one that is admitting soonest cos i wanna start the program as soon as possible. Thanks a bunch
Re: German Embassy And Visa by larry4eva: 7:35am On Oct 10, 2012
Nairalanders I greet u all all this people are not in Nattional association of nigeria traveling agencies that are scamming guys of their hard earn money pls beware if you are an agent and a member of NANTA and endulge in scam your liecence will be revoked so pls stop patronizing this tout posing as traveling agent if you ave a doubt or you like to travel to study or work pls inbox me Deleted
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2012
larry4eva: Nairalanders I greet u all all this people are not in Nattional association of nigeria traveling agencies that are scamming guys of their hard earn money pls beware if you are an agent and a member of NANTA and endulge in scam your liecence will be revoked so pls stop patronizing this tout posing as traveling agent if you ave a doubt or you like to travel to study or work pls inbox me Deleted

Are you any better? You are as bad as those you called scammers, you should not be trusted as well.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.