Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,442 members, 7,850,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (887832 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
emeka55:

Why don't u apply to a public school that is tuition free or are u scared that public Universities in Germany too might go on strike?
its not my fault boss,am just fedup bcoz of discouragements from people.some people said i cnt get admission into any undergraduate course wit only my waec and toefl.i have good grades in my waec result nd toefl score of 83..oga tope,mr godson nd boss emeka,no be say i no knw wetin i want o,am just confused!Help
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jamoyt001: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
LillyGemm: Hello everyone smiley. I am now in Germany at the airport and just waiting for someone to pick me up.

Am on ma way already to pick u up sweetie wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
damsamty16:
its not my fault boss,am just fedup bcoz of discouragements from people.some people said i cnt get admission into any undergraduate course wit only my waec and toefl.i have good grades in my waec result nd toefl score of 83..oga tope,mr godson nd boss emeka,no be say i no knw wetin i want o,am just confused!Help

Go get alevels baba
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
damsamty16:

Toefl is just a test of English exam, it is not a test of smartness. Most schools also don't even require it, u being a Nigerian. Undergraduate studies require A-level or at least year one transcript, plus German language certificate (in most cases). I don't know how the private University system works in Germany, if u have the money enough to pay, u could contact them and discuss ur situation with them. No harm in trying... Others could give their suggestions too.

My 2 spoons...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
emeka55:

Lol... As long as na two spoons I dey share, e no go finish. I must not share pass two spoons

Sup. Have u later heard from University of kassel?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
aroyem4u: For guys still trying to fly to germany dis winter, especially if you are trying to save cost by taking any of these airlines that have stop overs, try to check the websites to compare prices in other to get a very good deal. I got Qatar airways for 83k with just 1hr 35min stop over in Doha. Almost as good as a striaght flight.

Best of luck to guys still waiting on the embassy. Hoping to read more good news this week.
I checked qatar airways n I saw that you must book seven days ahead. How did you do it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
damsamty16:

It's impossible for you to get admission into German university with your O'level result and TOEFL if you have been following this thread from the beginning. You need A-level result or first year transcript in a university. Also it seems some have used ND result also but you have to contact the schools(Not under uni-assist though) directly to know this. I will suggest NOUN for you but not proven though. What I know very well is that nearly all the courses has been accredited by NUC. If you start the program after a year or 3 semesters, you can get your transcripts out and apply.This is just my own suggestion ooo and I have not proof it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
For guys going for undergraduate especially thru uni-assist,make sure you have a one-yr transcript of a university in ur homecountry.For nigerians,you need ur HND(have seen someone used OND distinction on this thread and got admission).it is on uni assist website,but I can't say for the unis not under uni-assist.

My own 2 knives.....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
gaphary:

Sup. Have u later heard from University of kassel?

No I haven't o. I have sent them loads of mail but no reply. I gave the school's number to a friend in Germany to contact them for me since he speaks Deutsch
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
bissiejoe: For guys going for undergraduate especially thru uni-assist,make sure you have a one-yr transcript of a university in ur homecountry.For nigerians,you need ur HND(have seen someone used OND distinction on this thread and got admission).it is on uni assist website,but I can't say for the unis not under uni-assist.

My own 2 knives.....
oga emeka own na 2 spoons, you don come with knife my own fit be cutlas oooo... Lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
My ticket know reach im side oh.but its still an easy ride to constance.my kenya friend told me theres alot of student job in constanz..
Jamoyt001:

Una go dey chill wella since transport dey free

Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Everyone that's gonna apply for this summer semester should start getting his/her documents ready oo. U know. Certification of documents and so on.

My two balls.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
@Tope, Godson and others.
what would you advise some one who has about 1.4m but won't be applying till next year winter to do? Keep it in a fixed deposit or invest it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
[quote author=gaphary]Everyone that's gonna apply for this summer semester should start getting his/her documents ready oo. U know. Certification of documents and so on.

My two balls.
lol! wetin go remain if u giv ur two balls nah?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
nachie20: @Tope, Godson and others.
what would you advise some one who has about 1.4m but won't be applying till next year winter to do? Keep it in a fixed deposit or invest it?

Ha hat diff ooh cos how much interests the money can give .. N. To just huttle for the rest sha coz the euro will be more higher buy then self

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
. Open a dorm account and leave it there and look for the rest..... This is what I would do, it might be different from another persons, what would you invest in anyways ?? Unless you've already got a business

My 2 cutlas.....

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
I was at one of the eastern states today.....I am not even impressed cos the place if fucccken dry and the blacks there aren't that doing good.Mehn Western Germany sweet ooo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
[quote author=nachie20]@Tope, Godson and others.
what would you advise some one who has about 1.4m but won't be applying till next year winter to do? Keep it in a fixed deposit or invest it?[/quote

My sis fixed deposit is out of it o...cos dey will gv u 8% @most and that will yield 9333 per Mth minus 10% of the profit on withholding tax...life is all about risk..calculate ur risk and invest wisely...nt forgetting that the naira will depreciate...

Since oga Emeka has introduced 2 spoons...

My 2 advise wink[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
franklysco:
I checked qatar airways n I saw that you must book seven days ahead. How did you do it?

I fink these airlines do that for online bookings, I booked on friday morning and I'm traveling on the 21st. The idea is to book your flight ticket early. Then one big secret is to target monday - wedsday. Tickets are generally more expensive between thursday - sunday
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thanks for the prompt replies. Na wa for this naira sef. How abt putting 70% in a dorm acct and investing the remaining? Would that be a good idea? I just really hate the idea of money just sitting in a bank without increment.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jamoyt001: 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
nachie20: Thanks for the prompt replies. Na wa for this naira sef. How abt putting 70% in a dorm acct and investing the remaining? Would that be a good idea? I just really hate the idea of money just sitting in a bank without increment.

Well.....it depends on what u wanna invest on whether its a long term or short term yielding venture. wink
My 2 forks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
nachie20: Thanks for the prompt replies. Na wa for this naira sef. How abt putting 70% in a dorm acct and investing the remaining? Would that be a good idea? I just really hate the idea of money just sitting in a bank without increment.

Take a risk and invest in shares if you Talented...Gtb and Fbn shares are doing good and with 500k you could be earning good weekly.But please do not take a risk in Investing this money in naija if you are not Talented...Leave it there,Preferably in your dorm acct.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
There is a foriegn currency fixed deposit account in fbn,ur euro cant depreciate,and u also get ur interest in euro.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Godson201333: I was at one of the eastern states today.....I am not even impressed cos the place if fucccken dry and the blacks there aren't that doing good.Mehn Western Germany sweet ooo
U dey scare the shit out of me! Lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
hello guys, I'm at dubai airport right now about to connect to frankfurt. guys abeg na the same earth wey dubai dey na him naija sef dey? whao! i'm browsing for free on the airport's wi-fi and you need to see the speed! I guess i'll need to come see dubai proper mhen. Anyways, i'll be in germany by morning.. enjoy!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
wonderbobs: . Open a dorm account and leave it there and look for the rest..... This is what I would do, it might be different from another persons, what would you invest in anyways ?? Unless you've already got a business

My 2 cutlas.....
Charges would be deducted from it o. Remember a dorm acct is a current account
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
aroyem4u:

I fink these airlines do that for online bookings, I booked on friday morning and I'm traveling on the 21st. The idea is to book your flight ticket early. Then one big secret is to target monday - wedsday. Tickets are generally more expensive between thursday - sunday
where did you book? At the airport or one of their offfices? Because of the situation of things, I can only book one day ahead. Am still waiting for my VISA
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
Godson201333: I was at one of the eastern states today.....I am not even impressed cos the place if fucccken dry and the blacks there aren't that doing good.Mehn Western Germany sweet ooo
Oga Godson no vex o. May I ask which city u visited?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
franklysco:
Charges would be deducted from it o. Remember a dorm acct is a current account
u forgot to add ur two eggs.. Lolcheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
change it to euro and keep it or open a dorm account and keep! Don't leave it in Naira cos it will depreciate
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
dmitroika: hello guys, I'm at dubai airport right now about to connect to frankfurt. guys abeg na the same earth wey dubai dey na him naija sef dey? whao! i'm browsing for free on the airport's wi-fi and you need to see the speed! I guess i'll need to come see dubai proper mhen. Anyways, i'll be in germany by morning.. enjoy!
that airport is something else far finer than Frankfurt airport sef! Oya Freiburg is waiting for u! Shey u don settle accommodation sha
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
franklysco: .
Oga Godson no vex o. May I ask which city u visited?

I was at Chemnitz,Dresden,en-routed to Leipzig,Halle.

Mehn I am proud to be living in Bayern.,..Dont be scared your luck might be waiting for you there...But eastern Germany remains Eastern.

All na politics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.