Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886426 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Leipzig today. Visited the national museum there. Germany is really a beautiful country. @Franklyn u dey enjoy oo. Na only u I sabi say dey Leipzig for our thread

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hello, Lilly! I see you... :-)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
wonderbobs: . Lol I just checked it now before you dropped this comment now.... I claim it.. Amen, am ready bro, no need to pack I be guy naa, but my ijebu garri and egusi are all ready cheesy @gaphary: I don't know any other cheaper hotels around sha... But lemme check now with Vconnect for you guys

When did lectures start for your course?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
nachie20: Hello, Lilly! I see you... :-)

Nachie smiley, I'm fine and how are you doing? I read your last email and I promise I'll get back to you before the application process opens. Right now I'm just very busy with Uni. Hope you are doing great!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pokenzy: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Good day Every one and thanks for this thread, its really helpful. . . . i would love to know if my statement of result from my university education here in Nigeria be enough proof for my educational background to be presented as part of my documents for the application of visa. . . . . . . .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
LillyGemm:

When did lectures start for your course?
. Lectures for international students started 21st of october, my school extended my deadlinf till the 1st of december..... Howz life over there?? Which state and city are you @ ??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
aroyem4u: Leipzig today. Visited the national museum there. Germany is really a beautiful country. @Franklyn u dey enjoy oo. Na only u I sabi say dey Leipzig for our thread

U for PM say u want enter leipzig. I was free throughout 2day. though I've not seen the meusum sha. I've not really be going out cos exam looms around the corner. Hope u had fun?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
wonderbobs: . Lectures for international students started 21st of october, my school extended my deadlinf till the 1st of december..... Howz life over there?? Which state and city are you @ ??

Mehn. Ur Admission Officer try for u oo.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
gaphary:

Mehn. Ur Admission Officer try for u oo.
na my department try pass my brother....at a time my admissions officers hands where tied, so the department gave me the extension... but truely it was all God.. smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
magnus4life: oh my naira landers! dey feel al of una n thanks Emeka. Got anode quesn though: for som1 dat noz nobdy 4 lag n wish to study d language course (Goethe), aw cn 1 seek an accomodatn thru out d programme duratn? aw dif u guy did it mst xpecialli ppl dt kam frm a longr distanz wif no relativ @lag. kudos pals

grin grin grin Abeg make una come answer question ooooo. Any house agent for here?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
wonderbobs: . Lectures for international students started 21st of october, my school extended my deadlinf till the 1st of december..... Howz life over there?? Which state and city are you @ ??[/quote [quote author=wonderbobs]. Lectures for international students started 21st of october, my school extended my deadlinf till the 1st of december..... Howz life over there?? Which state and city are you @ ??

Okay, good for you. If you have a Facebook page created for your course, get in touch with your course mates and ask them what they are doing in terms of lecture topics. You can even ask then to email you lecture notes/ hand outs/ power point notes from the lecturers, so that you can be catching up with them.

Life is good here and the Germans are very very nice and helpful. Even if they don't speak English, they'll try as much as possible to help you. I can't speak German so I speak to them in English. I just say "English" and some say "yes", others say "a little bit" and a few say "nein"... but I think it's better to learn German. When I just came, I even had some Germans I asked for directions take me to where I was going and even speak for me in German...this was before I had a sim with internet and so I couldn't use GPS on my phone. University gets busy quickly, well for me it did. It might be different for others. So right now I'm more focused on my studies.

I'm in the city of Munich in the state of Bayern. Good luck with your visa!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
LillyGemm:

Nachie smiley, I'm fine and how are you doing? I read your last email and I promise I'll get back to you before the application process opens. Right now I'm just very busy with Uni. Hope you are doing great!
@ pokenzy. yes. I used my statement of result to get admission.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=LillyGemm][/quote] thanks for the info lilly, am on it right away.... You've really given me an insight... smiley I appreciate God bless
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
wonderbobs: thanks for the info lilly, am on it right away.... You've really given me an insight... smiley I appreciate God bless

You are welcome smiley!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by uzoexcel(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
U like spoons to much o #justtrolling smiley
emeka55: For our new members just joining the thread who feel lazy or find it boring or don't have the time and patience to read through previous posts in the thread, here's an idea.
If u are looking for information cocerning eg- what are the requirements to study for masters in Germany. Instead of coming to ask the questions again or having to read thru the whole thread, just try this...

For example- go to google and type "What are the requirements to study for masters in germany/nairaland". U will find direct link to the page ur question what discussed on the thread. Just type your question in google and include germany and nairaland at the end. Every question u intend to ask has already been answered. If u need elaboration then u can ask.

My 2 spoons
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2013
[quote author=LillyGemm][/quote]

that's fine, Lilly. Thanks a bunch. Got ur mails, was just hollering cos it'd been long since you'd been here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Joexzy(m): 10:30am On Nov 17, 2013
transcript that is sent directly from the registrar in your school from a sealed envelope does not need certification. you only certify your transcript if it has been opened (no more official) or if it is a student copy.
emeka55:

U should also consider that your transcript needs to be certified. If ur school will be sending it directly to the universities, then they should consider certifying it. That would cost u quite a lot getting different transcripts for diff Universities especially when u are applying to Universities not under uni-assist.
Try get an agent that handles study and travel matters in the state where u reside and talk to them about using their address for ur transcript and ask ur school to send ur transcript directly to the agent's office and then go there to collect it. U and the agent could agree on something.

My 2 spoons...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
D house is empty! cry

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by engrjoe(m): 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
emeka55: For our new members just joining the thread who feel lazy or find it boring or don't have the time and patience to read through previous posts in the thread, here's an idea.
If u are looking for information cocerning eg- what are the requirements to study for masters in Germany. Instead of coming to ask the questions again or having to read thru the whole thread, just try this...

For example- go to google and type "What are the requirements to study for masters in germany/nairaland". U will find direct link to the page ur question what discussed on the thread. Just type your question in google and include germany and nairaland at the end. Every question u intend to ask has already been answered. If u need elaboration then u can ask.

My 2 spoons

well said boss abt d elaboration aspect, pls I need on d answer u gave abt d HND. Since it has to be undergraduate for d HNDs to apply for, will one start from scratch like first yr? Its a funny question I guess bt pls answer. Thanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please I need your help, I am trying to apply for summer intake at uni assist but I have a problem, most of the program can not be find in uni assis online application page so in this cause what can I do I need your help.......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Its probably because most of the courses are available ONLY during winter semester.

richard4ssky: Please I need your help, I am trying to apply for summer intake at uni assist but I have a problem, most of the program can not be find in uni assis online application page so in this cause what can I do I need your help.......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
richard4ssky: Please I need your help, I am trying to apply for summer intake at uni assist but I have a problem, most of the program can not be find in uni assis online application page so in this cause what can I do I need your help.......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by impactglobe: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
@emaka55, @kayusboss, @topeajis and others. thanks for your advice on the transcript. i had solicited to get the transcript so that i can photocopy it. so the next thing is that i will certify the copies in the court before dispatching them to the various deutsch institutions.

My other concern is that most of the transcripts send to schools usually have a letter as front page, which is usually addressed by the registrar to the organization or school it is going to. but with the photocopies now, no letters will be addressed by my schl to this schls. what is yr advice on this, do u think i should send certified photocopies without frontpage letters. your advice is really needed! thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
@impactglobe, ur schl should advice u on how to go about it.. But i dont think the front page is of any importance.. Legalising it at the court should be enough..
My 2 kobo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
@impactglobe. Forget the front page mahnn. E no get value since u'll be sending legalized copies.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
impactglobe: @emaka55, @kayusboss, @topeajis and others. thanks for your advice on the transcript. i had solicited to get the transcript so that i can photocopy it. so the next thing is that i will certify the copies in the court before dispatching them to the various deutsch institutions.

My other concern is that most of the transcripts send to schools usually have a letter as front page, which is usually addressed by the registrar to the organization or school it is going to. but with the photocopies now, no letters will be addressed by my schl to this schls. what is yr advice on this, do u think i should send certified photocopies without frontpage letters. your advice is really needed! thanks

Ur question is not really clear to me, as I don't understand if ur school is giving u ur original transcript or a photocopy and why wouldn't they include a front page letter?
From my point of view, my school included a front page letter in my transcript and it was addressed to Uni-assist, and i certified every part of it and used it for all the schools I applied to. I'd suggest ur school addresses the letter to Uni-assit if they'd include a front page letter so u can use it to apply to as many Universities as possible. It is safer to address it to Uni-assist than addressing it to a particular University since u intend using the same transcript for different schools

My 2 spoons
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
@impact, u ar very lucky, to have ur transcript within days.. I've not been dt lucky so far.. Cus of d strike, mine is taking over six weeks now..
I was told it 'll be ready in d next few days though!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
engrjoe:

well said boss abt d elaboration aspect, pls I need on d answer u gave abt d HND. Since it has to be undergraduate for d HNDs to apply for, will one start from scratch like first yr? Its a funny question I guess bt pls answer. Thanx

It's a good question, I'm not really sure about this but I think u have to start from year 1. Others can throw more light

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
emeka55:

It's a good question, I'm not really sure about this but I think u have to start from year 1. Others can throw more light

Ur correct.. Year 1 direct..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
B
impactglobe: @emaka55, @kayusboss, @topeajis and others. thanks for your advice on the transcript. i had solicited to get the transcript so that i can photocopy it. so the next thing is that i will certify the copies in the court before dispatching them to the various deutsch institutions.

IMHO....since the transcript is addressed to a particular sch,there is this column in most form for international student where u are asked if u had applied to another german sch.I will recommend you tick yes and state the name of the sch the transcript is addressed to...it is nt advisable to remove the front page cos it may contain useful information.

I don't know if this will reduce ur chances.

Alles Gute.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.