Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,428 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884380 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
Eke40seven: I see we didn't all agree to the '10 post' ceasefire. (Israel and Palestine comes to mind) but yeah we are making progress towards a peaceful resolution and that's welcomed.
@Damsamty16 as regards your admission, I think Biggiecafe can be of help by elaborating further.
I wish beebee500 good luck and pray for more blessings.
Finally, as regards specifically, the time it takes to secure visa through sponsorship, someone with grounded knowledge should please throw more light or quote relevant experiences.
Thank you house!
Thanks bro...oga @biggiecafe please help a brother here
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
Eke is now the wonderful young man we have always wanted him to be with his English language toolkit....good work bro, I dey feel you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
Finally in Deutschland, wishing everyone here waiting for visa, admission speed in receiving their good news.
Please let's refrain from insulting each other. You can deploy diplomatic tactics to reply someone who's trying to bully you. kiss
Please everybody drop the hatchet. *********White flag flying************
First time I came to germany via Frankfurt I was impressed with the immigration officials, today via Nürnberg they were still efficient just like last year. NB **********ko si ere ni germo.*********** cool

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
beebee5000: Finally in Deutschland, wishing everyone here waiting for visa, admission speed in receiving their good news.
Please let's refrain from insulting each other. You can deploy diplomatic tactics to reply someone who's trying to bully you. kiss
First time I came to germany via Frankfurt I was impressed with the immigration officials, today via Nürnberg they were still efficient just like last year. NB **********ko si ere ni germo.*********** cool
Congrats bro,we will join u there soon #teamwinter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
beebee5000: Finally in Deutschland, wishing everyone here waiting for visa, admission speed in receiving their good news.
cogratulation broooo.........dont leave us on this thread ooooooo.

#team-winter.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
Happy to know you arrived safely, salutes from your comrades over here and best wishes of success in your studies and otherwise.
Abeg bro, how much exactly is the ticket price from Lagos to Nuremberg? (That's assuming u took off from MMA)
and which flight did you board?
Hoping for your answer.
Best regards bro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
?
Eke40seven:
Of course you can apply, but I wouldn't know what your status is, in Denmark as regards your eligibility for visa interviews from there and all. Its best you contact them (embassy).
Your second paragraph is not so clear. From what I deduce, you meant that the school you obtained your degree from changed their name and you have a transcript bearing the old name also you are wondering how many sets of transcript you should send to uni-assist since you would apply to more than one school.
If my deductions are right, then my suggestions goes thus;
Contact uni-assist (google their website) as regards this, they will be in the best position to answer, since this is usually not an everyday occurrence.
You only need one set of document to apply through uni assist even if you are applying to 20 schools! that's one good reason people apply through them. (although additional fees will be charged) I think they will contact you if any further document is required.
Note that its always advisable to check the school requirements and to know where you are to apply and the methods as some departments will specifically warn prospective students to apply directly and never through uni assist. Hope I have been of help, others could throw in more light.
Good luck!
@Eke4Oseven: thanks but what i meant for the second question was that my transcript bears the name of my proposed university e.g. Rhein waal university... but if i decide to send it to uni-assist for more would they accept it or send it to other universities? First question. Provided the person is a student in Denmark?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
papilon89: Eke is now the wonderful young man we have always wanted him to be with his English language toolkit....good work bro, I dey feel you.
LOL
I have learnt from my mistakes and have taken corrections.
(Head bowed in respect with the reflective soberness of a scholarly monk)

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chai! Am happy for you guys @beebee5000 and others... Congratulobia!!! Where is justwise? I miss him on this thread. he really inspired me to joine this train... He is all over the most thread i have been to... I have been silently reading every post and thread since 2011 no comment. but this one caught me in whan i saw JuStWisE.... Thanks for his Time and effort and all you guys making it moving... Hope and pray to see you pals in Germo someday....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2014

Congrats! Hoping to join you soon. What airline and how much?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
Eke40seven:
LOL
I have learnt from my mistakes and have taken corrections.
(Head bowed in respect with the reflective soberness of a scholarly monk)
Hmm!smiley that's interesting......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nedu09: ? @Eke4Oseven: thanks but what i meant for the second question was that my transcript bears the name of my proposed university e.g. Rhein waal university... but if i decide to send it to uni-assist for more would they accept it or send it to other universities? First question. Provided the person is a student in Denmark?
OK let me rephrase. You applied for your transcripts and a letter that accompanied it plus the envelope was addressed to Rhine-Waal since you initially planned to apply to them directly but now, you are looking at the possibility of applying to more schools through Uni-assist (sorry if am wrong again, the process of getting transcripts and formats could differ)
Well I assume you are with your transcript?
If so, I assume you won't submit the original to Rhine-Waal until they have given you admission I.e (guessing you only submit the scanned copy to the application portal and may be show them the original when in Germany- I think that's how Rhine Waal's admission process is, isn't it?)
The format of your school's transcript is not so clear to me, but from the ones I have seen, the name of your proposed school will only appear on a cover letter that accompanies or is attached to your transcripts and not on the transcript itself. In my case, I just removed the cover letter, scanned my transcripts and sent the soft copy.
Note that no school will ask for original transcripts (even uni-assist) during application. Most requiring hard copies will ask for CERTIFIED COPY of your transcripts and same for other official document.
In response to your status as a student, I advice you contact the German embassy and direct your enquiries (there should be a means whereby you can do that online, Google out their website) they should be in the best position to answer that and subsequently direct you on how to go about it.
You know that rules differs from country to country.
Hope you find the information useful.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nedu09: Chai! Am happy for you guys @beebee5000 and others... Congratulobia!!! Where is justwise? I miss him on this thread. he really inspired me to joine this train... He is all over the most thread i have been to... I have been silently reading every post and thread since 2011 no comment. but this one caught me in whan i saw JuStWisE.... Thanks for his Time and effort and all you guys making it moving... Hope and pray to see you pals in Germo someday....

Strange to read that, very few people will say that in this travel section grin grin

Thanks though.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Eke40seven:
OK let me rephrase. You applied for your transcripts and a letter that accompanied it plus the envelope was addressed to Rhine-Waal since you initially planned to apply to them directly but now, you are looking at the possibility of applying to more schools through Uni-assist (sorry if am wrong again, the process of getting transcripts and formats could differs)
Well I assume you are with your transcript?
If so, I assume you won't submit the original to Rhine-Waal until they have given you admission I.e (guessing you only submit the scanned copy to the application portal and may be show them the original when in Germany- I think that's how Rhine Waal's admission process is, isn't it?)
The format of your school's transcript is not so clear to me, but from the ones I have seen, the name of your proposed school will only appear on a cover letter that accompanies or is attached to your transcripts and not on the transcript itself. In my case, I just removed the cover letter, scanned my transcripts and sent the soft copy.
Note that no school will ask for original transcripts (even uni-assist) during application. Most requiring hard copies will ask for CERTIFIED COPY of your transcripts and same for other official document.
In response to your status as a student, I advice you contact the German embassy and direct your enquiries (there should be a means whereby you can do that online, Google out their website) they should be in the best position to answer that and subsequently direct you on how to go about it.
You know that rules differs from country to country.
Hope you find the information useful.
Good luck!
yeah! thanks. you too much! I got it now.. I was even thinking the name of the school i want apply would be written on the main transcript..... Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
justwise:

Strange to read that, very few people will say that in this travel section grin grin

Thanks though.
you are welcome
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
damsamty16:
Congrats bro,we will join u there soon #teamwinter
Patiently waiting for you guys.
abiegirl:
Congrats! Hoping to join you soon. What airline and how much?
I flew turkish airline, it was pretty expensive because of the timing . I paid 161750naira for the tickets.
Eke40seven:
Happy to know you arrived safely, salutes from your comrades over here and best wishes of success in your studies and otherwise.
Abeg bro, how much exactly is the ticket price from Lagos to Nuremberg? (That's assuming u took off from MMA)
and which flight did you board?
Hoping for your answer.
Best regards bro.
It is cheaper if you fly to Frankfurt, I didn't want the stress of travelling from Frankfurt to Nürnberg. That's why I flew directly to Nürnberg.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by IllCheez: 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nedu09: Guys please help me with this: (1) if one is in Denmark would he apply?

(2) my school transcripts use to bear the name of the proposed school. now if i send it to uni-assist would they process it to other universities or could that be i will purchase up to 4 transcript from school bearing different universities name? I beg oh! Help

@Nedu09, just in addition to what @Eke40seven said. If you are already studying in Denmark or already completed studies there, you can also take one set of transcripts from your University, then photocopy as much as you want. Then take it back to the student's office to stamp and sign them for you and they are as good as the original. That was the same I used in applying to all the universities I applied to even though I did not use UniAssist but I applied to many countries. Best Wishes!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
beebee5000:
Patiently waiting for you guys.

I flew turkish airline, it was pretty expensive because of the timing . I paid 161750naira for the tickets.
It is cheaper if you fly to Frankfurt, I didn't want the stress of travelling from Frankfurt to Nürnberg. That's why I flew directly to Nürnberg.

Did you use a one way or round trip ticket? And how was the service like?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
bissiejoe:

Did you use a one way or round trip ticket? And how was the service like?
One way ticket ohh, and their service was top class.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
beebee5000: One way ticket ohh, and their service was top class.

Good....i also paid for one way today, though the man at the office on Adeola Odeku asked why I didn't book round trip.
I paid 106,990 as per say my travel date is in september.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
DANNIEmore:

Nope don't be worried. You could check up your portal first to know your status and/or call them there directly. They are always friendly enough to tell you whatsup about your admission. And as you can see, I'm not yet there! By the way,what course are you going for and whens the resumption date precisely? Stay Blessed!

Thanks for your response. I am going for information engineering Bsc. The resumption date is the 15th of September 2014. Have you gotten admission from HAW Hamburg for this 2014/2015 session?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guy u too much. Congrats
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femsuper: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi guys...I think it'll be good to bring this to ur notice (for those who are interested)...if u are in Ibadan or its environ, you can learn German Language at the European Language department (Faculty of Arts) of the University of Ibadan.
Even, if you are going for an English taught program, u need to have the knowledge to be able to interact within the society and German girls.
A new class will soon start. If you have any question, drop it here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Is there any one on ERASMUS MUNDUS here?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by osurvey: 12:00am On Aug 02, 2014
hello guys, please how do i get to the German embassy.
Please am a lagos JJC oocheesy please whats the easiest way to get there. Also please recommend any cheap(v cheap) arround there.
Please just detail me on it, as soon as i alight from ekenedilichukwu bus, what next. Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 12:09am On Aug 02, 2014
congrats man and remain focused in your studies. I will be coming by September ending.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 6:47am On Aug 02, 2014
ohimai83:

Thanks for your response. I am going for information engineering Bsc. The resumption date is the 15th of September 2014. Have you gotten admission from HAW Hamburg for this 2014/2015 session?

Good to know. Yes.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by biggiecafe: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2014
@damsamty16 what issues are u having with admission?i applied the first week the application opened and i didnt upload my transcript because of strike from polytechnics.so when i noticed the application is closing on july 15th then ,i quickly uploaded the statement of result and my certificates on the night of july 14 and bingo on july 15 i saw a message from them,i was even thinking its a rejection letter becos this is the fouth time i am applying to them and i was surprised and happy to get 3 admission letters from them that day.i think in germany hnd is the requirement for admisson into bachelor degree because it seems they dont accept ond,or only waec. hnd/A levels/ one year of university study with your toefl of min 80/120 ibt.
@bissiejoe i just knew that my uncle is already a citizen o.i saw his information on the documents as dutch.so i think i am safe mehn......and i have boook appointment sharply but i was given 28 august by 8.am...thats far mehn,i just hope to meet up shar.

I HAVE OPENED A FORUM STRICTLY FOR RHINE WAAL STUDENTS ,HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE
here is the link......................https://www.nairaland.com/1839553/rhine-waal-university-applied-science
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 02, 2014
bissiejoe:

Good....i also paid for one way today, though the man at the office on Adeola Odeku asked why I didn't book round trip.
I paid 106,990 as per say my travel date is in september.

Lucky you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2014
@beebee, thank God for journey mercy and how is Deutschland
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Hello house,
Please I will need some clarifications on an information I stumbled upon.
In my search for the cheapest ticket I could get from Lagos to Berlin (after the exorbitant price beebee500 paid to Nuremberg came to my notice, a whooping 161k) to my relief, Turkish air charged 98-100k, however probing deeper, I read that Iberia only charged $353 (56,800!) on their official website, which is unbelievable!
Having established that background, my question goes thus; Has anyone here recently boarded Iberia to Berlin, when and how much was it?
Do you think there's a caveat (warning) somewhere, responsible for the cheap price that I didn't notice or is it just my sheer inability to read?
Here is a link as evidence:
http://www.iberia.com/web/directBookingForm.do
You informed opinion will be highly appreciated.
Jah bless!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2014
Eke40seven: Hello house,
Please I will need some clarifications on an information I stumbled upon.
In my search for the cheapest ticket I could get from Lagos to Berlin (after the exorbitant price beebee500 paid to Nuremberg came to my notice, a whooping 161k) to my relief, Turkish air charged 98-100k, however probing deeper, I read that Iberia only charged $353 (56,800!) on their official website, which is unbelievable!
Having established that background, my question goes thus; Has anyone here recently boarded Iberia to Berlin, when and how much was it?
Do you think there's a caveat (warning) somewhere, responsible for the cheap price that I didn't notice or is it just my sheer inability to read?
Here is a link as evidence:
http://www.iberia.com/web/directBookingForm.do
You informed opinion will be highly appreciated.
Jah bless!

When I was also searching for tickets I found Iberia and royal airmaroc cheaper, but my last experience with royal airmaroc was nothing to write home about, their inflight service was poor, terrible food, and no entertainment on board. So i decided not to fly with them again. Then I checked Iberia, it was good but you are only allowed to check in 23kg baggage and your hand luggage, and that's not enough for me. So if you choose to fly Iberia check and crosscheck properly.
Having said that, the closer your travel date the more expensive the tickets become. Be wise oh!!!! I should have bought my tickets earlier but I wanted to be sure of my visa first before doing so and as a result i payed dearly for it embarassed embarassed.
Anyway, it ended well. cheesy

emerald14: @beebee, thank God for journey mercy and how is Deutschland

Deutschland ist schön. Aber für einen faulen Man geht es langwelig

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.