Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884997 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2014
beebee5000:

When I was also searching for tickets I found Iberia and royal airmaroc cheaper, but my last experience with royal airmaroc was nothing to write home about, the inflight service was poor, terrible food, and no entertainment on board. So i decided not to fly with them again. Then I checked Iberia, it was good but you are only allowed to check in 23kg baggage and your hand luggage, and that's not enough for me. So if you choose to fly Iberia check and crosscheck properly.
Having said that, the closer your travel date the more expensive the tickets become. Be wise oh!!!! I should have bought my tickets earlier but I wanted to be sure of my visa first before doing so and as a result i payed dearly for it embarassed embarassed.
Anyway, it ended well. cheesy
?

Deutschland ist schön. Aber für einen faulen Man geht es langwelig

@beebee, what did you take along with you as per foodstuff? Was anything rejected at the airport? many thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=abiegirl][/quote] Nop, I took only garri and soup stuffs like egusi ogbono, didn't take dried fish and co. No liquids, I don't know the rules in Nigeria so i had to be careful. But be rest assured, you are cool once you get to Germany, my luggage wasn't searched.
But don't over pack oh. ** its 13k for extra luggage**** trust me even if you exceed with just .5kg.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=beebee5000]
When I was also searching for tickets I found Iberia and royal airmaroc cheaper, but my last experience with royal airmaroc was nothing to write home about, the inflight service was poor, terrible food, and no entertainment on board. So i decided not to fly with them again. Then I checked Iberia, it was good but you are only allowed to check in 23kg baggage and your hand luggage, and that's not enough for me. So if you choose to fly Iberia check and crosscheck properly.
Having said that, the closer your travel date the more expensive the tickets become. Be wise oh!!!! I should have bought my tickets earlier but I wanted to be sure of my visa first before doing so and as a result i payed dearly for it embarassed embarassed.
Anyway, it ended well. cheesy
/quote]
Thanks for your insightful response. Jah bless!
I should expect inferior customer service because of the considerable price difference. However, the opportunity cost of a royal treatment will mean expenses on some other commitments foregone.
So I won't mind the paradox of facing a few torturous hours in the heavens. (well I could as well stock my stomach with good apu to make me sleep and dream away while on board)
The 23kg Iberia is offering quite doesn't meet my expectations.
However, do you think that the 56-57k they have on offer is true? That's my big question!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=Eke40seven][/quote]
Yes it is. The prices get higher the closer the date.
Try booking a flight tomorrow now and see how much they will charge.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jpj(m): 11:08am On Aug 02, 2014
Please my passport and that of my wife including some original documents were misplaced by the german embassy in lagos. According to them due to clerical error they sent our documents including passports to someone else and we have a wedding to attend on the 7th August 2014 at the same time we are unable to pay for our flight pending when the passports are recovered. Has anyone been in this position before? Please what can I do because as it is ticket fare is increasing everyday we delay due to no fault of ours.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2014
beebee500 I appreciate your time o
I will tag this "The question and answer session with beebee500" online on Nairaland forum
"...miss it and miss out.."
Thanks bro!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Eke40seven: beebee500 I appreciate your time o
I will tag this "The question and answer session with beebee500" online on Nairaland forum
Thanks bro!

Hehehehe. Es freut mich
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
jpj: Please my passport and that of my wife including some original documents were misplaced by the german embassy in lagos. According to them due to clerical error they sent our documents including passports to someone else and we have a wedding to attend on the 7th August 2014 at the same time we are unable to pay for our flight pending when the passports are recovered. Has anyone been in this position before? Please what can I do because as it is ticket fare is increasing everyday we delay due to no fault of ours.
Sir, don't you think it will be wise to consult with the embassy to give you a likely time frame when they can resolve the issue (I assume since it was their fault, they should be kind enough to address you), you can then take a decision on the appropriate time to book the flight, although it is also risky.
Sending passports and documents to wrong addresses I assume is a 'once-in-a-century' occurrence, an embassy for that matter!
My humble suggestion.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pls house, can one after applying for student visa also apply for visiting visa. this is because the person have to meet up with an exam on 1st sept but don't know if the student visa will be ready by then.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by liftmeGod: 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
biggiecafe: @damsamty16 what issues are u having with admission?i applied the first week the application opened and i didnt upload my transcript because of strike from polytechnics.so when i noticed the application is closing on july 15th then ,i quickly uploaded the statement of result and my certificates on the night of july 14 and bingo on july 15 i saw a message from them,i was even thinking its a rejection letter becos this is the fouth time i am applying to them and i was surprised and happy to get 3 admission letters from them that day.i think in germany hnd is the requirement for admisson into bachelor degree because it seems they dont accept ond,or only waec. hnd/A levels/ one year of university study with your toefl of min 80/120 ibt.
@bissiejoe i just knew that my uncle is already a citizen o.i saw his information on the documents as dutch.so i think i am safe mehn......and i have boook appointment sharply but i was given 28 august by 8.am...thats far mehn,i just hope to meet up shar.

I HAVE OPENED A FORUM STRICTLY FOR RHINE WAAL STUDENTS ,HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE
here is the link......................https://www.nairaland.com/1839553/rhine-waal-university-applied-science
] pls put me through I have OND can I apply for bsc in rhine-waal pls let me know
Re: German Embassy And Visa by biggiecafe: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
i applied with ond last 2 yrs and was denied.u can still give it a trial,there is no harm in trying and due to the fact u are not paying any application fee.i think there is nothing to loose....what program do u want to apply for?just do asap ans upload ur documents before the deadline.lets hope for the best....like i even read it on here that someone applied with ond and got admitted but if u will read nigeria requirements for admission at uni-assist.de u will see that hnd is used for undergrad.maybe rhine -waal will waive it,i dont know but like they need students this year...try ur luck bro....wish we will be many there so as to be merrier...cheers
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
emerald14: Pls house, can one after applying for student visa also apply for visiting visa. this is because the person have to meet up with an exam on 1st sept but don't know if the student visa will be ready by then.

Hmm big boy, so you want to travel first and come back for your student visa?
I would suggest you let the embassy know about your sept 1st exam so your case can be treated with priority.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
emerald14: Pls house, can one after applying for student visa also apply for visiting visa. this is because the person have to meet up with an exam on 1st sept but don't know if the student visa will be ready by then.
someone should pls answer me plssss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
beebee5000:

Hmm big boy, so you want to travel first and come back for your student visa?
I would suggest you let the embassy know about your sept 1st exam so your case can be treated with priority.

I be gal oooh, something like that because I don't know if I can meet up. How will I inform them
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femiiiiiiiiii: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
beebee5000: Finally in Deutschland, wishing everyone here waiting for visa, admission speed in receiving their good news.
Please let's refrain from insulting each other. You can deploy diplomatic tactics to reply someone who's trying to bully you. kiss
Please everybody drop the hatchet. *********White flag flying************
First time I came to germany via Frankfurt I was impressed with the immigration officials, today via Nürnberg they were still efficient just like last year. NB **********ko si ere ni germo.*********** cool

Congratulations bro. Viel Glück
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
emerald14: someone should pls answer me plssss

[s]Let me ask you, are you going for a visit or to write an exam?
If you are going for just a visit then its a waste of funds but if it's to write an exam, i feel you should contact the embassy and show them proof that you have exams to write Sept 1st.
[/s]modified
Sorry big sis for calling you my bros..... grin
when is your interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
femiiiiiiiiii:

Congratulations bro. Viel Glück
Danke schön. Mein Bruder wink

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
beebee5000:

[s]Let me ask you, are you going for a visit or to write an exam?
If you are going for just a visit then its a waste of funds but if it's to write an exam, i feel you should contact the embassy and show them proof that you have exams to write Sept 1st.
[/s]modified
Sorry big sis for calling you my bros..... grin
when is your interview?
the exam is a placement test for studienkolleg and if I can't meet up with the exam, my admission is invalid. Still waiting 4 my sponsorship letter. Na u be my big bros nah
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
liftmeGod: ] pls put me through I have OND can I apply for bsc in rhine-waal pls let me know

Like biggie has said; It is kind of cumbersome but not impossible. You can try your luck though since the admission deadline has been shifted to August 15. Do you have your OND transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS ready? If you have both that is when you are ready to start. I will also advise you to get an HND form to be at the safer side if it doesn't work out. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
emerald14: the exam is a placement test for studienkolleg and if I can't meet up with the exam, my admission is invalid. Still waiting 4 my sponsorship letter. Na u be my big bros nah

Ahh okay I believe the embassy is also aware of this. Try and hurry your sponsorship letter so you can apply for a date on time other wise I'm afraid.

You still have time, if all things are good and your sponsor has no problem you should get you visa after 3weeks, not less than.
I hope say your ***german badt gann*****.....hmm i hear say aufnahmeprüfung.......... hmmm no comments. But the lord shall show you mercy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwabukonla: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Una weldone ooo please ouse I av jst ssce and eng lang test result wic I passed please wic university will accept that tho I av OND but it is not accepted so pls wic uni will accept ssce and IELTS alone pls
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
emerald14: the exam is a placement test for studienkolleg and if I can't meet up with the exam, my admission is invalid. Still waiting 4 my sponsorship letter. Na u be my big bros nah

From my experience of visa applications, if you have a pending immigration application. It will be very hard to be granted a non-immigrant application( am not saying it is not possible)
The VO would think you want to fast track your pending immigration application.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwabukonla: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
honourableseyi:

Like biggie has said; It is kind of cumbersome but not impossible. You can try your luck though since the admission deadline has been shifted to August 15. Do you have your OND transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS ready? If you have both that is when you are ready to start. I will also advise you to get an HND form to be at the safer side if it doesn't work out. Shalom

Don't oo rhein waal will reject it dey rejected mine too I av OND they don't accept OND
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
oluwabukonla: Una weldone ooo please ouse I av jst ssce and eng lang test result wic I passed please wic university will accept that tho I av OND but it is not accepted so pls wic uni will accept ssce and IELTS alone pls

Write a mail and narrate you situation therein, shoot it to the international office of your chosen school.
I bet, you will get the best answer to this.
Whatever anyone would tell you here might not help you much.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwabukonla: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
bissiejoe:

Write a mail and narrate you situation therein, shoot it to the international office of your chosen school.
I bet, you will get the best answer to this.
Whatever anyone would tell you here might not help you much.

Tnkx boss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
jpj: Please my passport and that of my wife including some original documents were misplaced by the german embassy in lagos. According to them due to clerical error they sent our documents including passports to someone else and we have a wedding to attend on the 7th August 2014 at the same time we are unable to pay for our flight pending when the passports are recovered. Has anyone been in this position before? Please what can I do because as it is ticket fare is increasing everyday we delay due to no fault of ours.

I don't get it...the person should return the passports and documents back to the embassy now.
Some Nigerians sha, I hope the visa has not been stamped on it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
beebee5000:

Ahh okay I believe the embassy is also aware of this. Try and hurry your sponsorship letter so you can apply for a date on time other wise I'm afraid.

You still have time, if all things are good and your sponsor has no problem you should get you visa after 3weeks, not less than.
I hope say your ***german badt gann*****.....hmm i hear say aufnahmeprüfung.......... hmmm no comments. But the lord shall show you mercy
AMEN ooh
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
biggiecafe: @damsamty16 what issues are u having with admission?i applied the first week the application opened and i didnt upload my transcript because of strike from polytechnics.so when i noticed the application is closing on july 15th then ,i quickly uploaded the statement of result and my certificates on the night of july 14 and bingo on july 15 i saw a message from them,i was even thinking its a rejection letter becos this is the fouth time i am applying to them and i was surprised and happy to get 3 admission letters from them that day.i think in germany hnd is the requirement for admisson into bachelor degree because it seems they dont accept ond,or only waec. hnd/A levels/ one year of university study with your toefl of min 80/120 ibt.
@bissiejoe i just knew that my uncle is already a citizen o.i saw his information on the documents as dutch.so i think i am safe mehn......and i have boook appointment sharply but i was given 28 august by 8.am...thats far mehn,i just hope to meet up shar.

I HAVE OPENED A FORUM STRICTLY FOR RHINE WAAL STUDENTS ,HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE
here is the link......................https://www.nairaland.com/1839553/rhine-waal-university-applied-science
Thank you o brother,I applied on July 7 with the following docs-waec result,ielts 6.0,a year university result of cgpa 2.40...till now I haven't gotten any response from them.Mehn an fedup ooo and schl starts nextbook
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
oluwabukonla:

Don't oo rhein waal will reject it dey rejected mine too I av OND they don't accept OND

Let him try his luck since what didn't work for Taiye might worked for Kenny. Beside, it is not as if you are going for the same course with the same transcripts. It cost nothing to try it out and see what can come out of it. But just make sure you have a plan B while you are doing that.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Eke40seven: beebee500 I appreciate your time o
Thanks bro!
If Iberia could allow for a reasonably-charged-second 23kg, it would be awesome.
@Beebee, best wishes!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
damsamty16:
Thank you o brother,I applied on July 7 with the following docs-waec result,ielts 6.0,a year university result of cgpa 2.40...till now I haven't gotten any response from them.Mehn an fedup ooo and schl starts nextbook

Relax bruder and be hopeful. Your course of study might be different from that. Since the deadline has been shifted to August 15, then the decision might taken after the deadline. Be hopeful, don't be downcasted. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nimakor:
If Ibera could allow for a reasonably-charged-second 23kg, it would be awesome.
@Beebee, best wishes!
Yeah bro, it came to my consciousness. Am Just hoping the price remains approximately the same by the time of my booking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.