Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886455 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
Eke40seven:
Yeah bro, it came to my consciousness. Am Just hoping the price remains the approximately the same by the time of my booking.
That's alright. Just work with a timeline. When is your interview anyway?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nimakor:
That's alright. Just work with a timeline. When is your interview anyway?
Don't know yet o. Hopefully, I should get my letter on Monday and send it the same day
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:10am On Aug 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
Don't know yet o. Hopefully, I should get my letter on Monday and send it the same day
didnt they send you a soft copy of the letter? I recieved the soft copy since early july o. I now got the hard copy last week.
u knw cm reply me for bbm.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 1:32am On Aug 03, 2014
where are those waiting for their good news from the embassy? how is the waiting like? we need you arround.......to boost our morale
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2014
Plz I need some help in filling my application form for my visa interview. These are the questions and I need help wit answer u guys used during ur interview.

1) proposed place of residence in Germany

2) intended duration of stay in Germany? From ..... To ....

3) do u av health insurance cover for Germany?

4) what are ur means of subsistence?

5) do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside Germany? If so, where?

Plz assist. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello people, i initially joined this thread shortly b4 d tsunami. Let me try to give answers to some of ur questions @nevilbot (to d best of my ability for now).

1.If u applied to Studentenwerk for accomodation and expecting reply from dem, let them know or go thru' my link below.

2.Just give like 2/3weeks to the date u are expected to start ur programme. (& stroke out day & month since about 2years).

3.No, but i intend to get one.

4.Family sponsored. (if ur family is payn the 1.8m in d a/c for u).

5.Yes, in Nigeria (giving them d idea dat u intend to return).

http://m.manila.diplo.de/Vertretung/manila/en/05/1_20Visabestimmungen/FAQ__af__national__visa.html?r

I hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2014
It was very very helpful. Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 11:56am On Aug 03, 2014
Kudos everyone , I've been a close follower of this thread and I've read every page in detail. Great Job guys.

I have a few questions as regarding my Visa application which I hope you guys can help me out.

As required for a study Visa by the German embassy am applying from (Cape Town), they need me to provide ;

1.Proof of health insurance valid from date of arrival and for the duration of stay in Germany (German Statutory/National or private health insurance).

2.Proof of accommodation (Rental agreement/Student hostel, etc.)

- I will like an advice on which Health insurance I should go for Mawista or AOK and if its possible to take out the insurance from here.
- As regarding the accommodation , I contacted the studentenwerk and already applied but they cannot guarantee availability of accommodation. Is there any other way to take out a rental agreement from here.

Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
IllCheez:

@Nedu09, just in addition to what @Eke40seven said. If you are already studying in Denmark or already completed studies there, you can also take one set of transcripts from your University, then photocopy as much as you want. Then take it back to the student's office to stamp and sign them for you and they are as good as the original. That was the same I used in applying to all the universities I applied to even though I did not use UniAssist but I applied to many countries. Best Wishes!
thanks. Got it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
shuni05:

As required for a study Visa by the German embassy am applying from (Cape Town), they need me to provide ;

1.Proof of health insurance valid from date of arrival and for the duration of stay in Germany (German Statutory/National or private health insurance).

- I will like an advice on which Health insurance I should go for Mawista or AOK and if its possible to take out the insurance from here.
- As regarding the accommodation , I contacted the studentenwerk and already applied but they cannot guarantee availability of accommodation. Is there any other way to take out a rental agreement from here.

Thank you
Nigerians are not mandated to take out either of the above before visa approval.
However, those in Germany might have a say, although the modalities may differ (considering that you are offshore).
For all intents and purposes, they are hugely difficult, but if they must be met, I believe the Embassy in SA would have a way out.
Viel Glueck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nimakor:
Nigerians are not mandated to take out either of the above before visa approval.
However, those in Germany might have a say, although the modalities may differ (considering that you are offshore).
For all intents and purposes, they are hugely difficult, but if they must be met, I believe the Embassy in SA would have a way out.
Viel Glueck!

Thanks @Nimakor, I know in Nigeria they don't but I thought it would be much easier over here cos those are the only requirements with a Police clearance and your blocked account (No waec, birth certificate, interview e.t.c) coupled with the fact that u can get schedule an appointment the next day.

I was at the embassy for the blocked account on Friday and asked about the other documents, all they could say was to contact my schools international center for help with the docs and the response from those ones takes like forever.

Am hoping our Big bosses In Germo can help out.

Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
shuni05:

Thanks @Nimakor, I know in Nigeria they don't but I thought it would be much easier over here cos those are the only requirements with a Police clearance and your blocked account (No waec, birth certificate, interview e.t.c) coupled with the fact that u can get schedule an appointment the next day.

I was at the embassy for the blocked account on Friday and asked about the other documents, all they could say was to contact my schools international center for help with the docs and the response from those ones takes like forever.

Am hoping our Big bosses In Germo can help out.

Thanks
You are welcome!
Yes, That's what I alluded to(the guys already in Deutschland). But, in the mean time, you could still write to your int'l center.
It is clearly different over there in SA, but ours is much easier.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
shuni05: Kudos everyone , I've been a close follower of this thread and I've read every page in detail. Great Job guys.

I have a few questions as regarding my Visa application which I hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you

For accomodation, attach a copy (coloured) of ur studentenwerk appl form with the email confirmation and include in your application..

Those two should cover you pending when u get to Germany!

My 2 kobo.. My ogas can add or subtract..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
I would like to know why a link I and someone else posted has been deleted. Was something wrong with it?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
Teflon1: I would like to know why a link I and someone else posted has been deleted. Was something wrong with it?
LOL.
I can't help but chuckle at your obvious frustrations. Taking your time to answer a pressing issue only to find out that it has been deleted, coupled with a lengthy ban to make it all sink in.
I took my time to give a detailed answer to someone's questions about Cottbus a few days ago, backing my answers with important links but I got my message deleted and earned a lengthy ban for all the stress.
That frustrating feeling is quite mutual bro, and I empathize with you
Oops! sssssshhhhh! Don't wanna get banned again.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
Teflon1: I would like to know why a link I and someone else posted has been deleted. Was something wrong with it?

The link you posted is linked to another forum control by a consultant, you don't use nl to direct traffic to another website.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
LOL.
I can't help but chuckle at your obvious frustrations. Taking your time to answer a pressing issue only to find out that it has been deleted, coupled with a lengthy ban to make it all sink in.
I took my time to give a detailed answer to someone's questions about Cottbus a few days ago, backing my answers with important links but I got my message deleted and earned a lengthy ban for all the stress.
That frustrating feeling is quite mutual bro, and I empathize with you
Oops! sssssshhhhh! Don't wanna get banned again.

You get banned by SpamBot when you copied such material to past over and over again.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
ok...I guess I violated rule 6:

"Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed"

The link had d name of a consultancy agency written at d top which I did not observe. Hmmm...NL is vigoriosly watched...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

You get banned by SpamBot when you copied such material to past over and over again.
Yea I guess so because my internet was messing up at that time i.e when I was sending the message, so I didn't figure what the problem was.
OK when you send something that was initially deleted several times right, the raging spambot springs to action and Bingo! you are banned.
May be making references like "..google out.......you will get more info there......" is safer than sending direct links, especially when its another forum.
However, my grudges were not directed to whosoever was in charge because I knew there was a broken rule somewhere but couldn't figure out which.
Thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

The link you posted is linked to another forum control by a consultant, you don't use nl to direct traffic to another website.

Ok...@justwise, while i was still tryn to figure out d reason, i did not see ur comment earlier until now...i get it now. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sorry for derailing a bit, (I guess am breaking rule 1). I see some rules have different level of importance and leniency too. Out of the 21 rules given, 11 had been broken over and over again without any consequence, especially, rule 21! An attempt to enforce rule 21 by one honourable member led to rule 1, 2, 3 & 15 being broken.
Well, that shouldn't be an excuse for breaking any rule.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls @justwise, @eke , others, i would like to ask a question:

If i have obtained a visa already with a school in Germany & i am later admitted in another school in another city in Germany (which i prefer) & i decide to go for this new school instead of the former one i used in processing my visa...how do i go about it? (NB: I emailed d embassy dis question & their reply was YES it is possible...with no details given).
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Teflon1: Pls @justwise, @eke , others, i would like to ask a question:

If i have obtained a visa already with a school in Germany & i am later admitted in another school in another city in Germany (which i prefer) & i decide to go for this new school instead of the former one i used in processing my visa...how do i go about it? (NB: I emailed d embassy dis question & their reply was YES it is possible...with no details given).

It's a 'yes' and no other details to it. The admission letter is just an evidence of your unquestionable intents and a surety to study there and not necessarily a restriction to the particular school whose admission letter was used for that purpose.
Note that the visa given here has a validity period of 3 months, and the renewal is subject to your enrolment in a tertiary institution in the country i.e. Germany, as a student.
You could as well move over to Germany and apply for another institution just as long as your admission and enrolment fall within the 3 month period.
That's my humble submission.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by sapphire2sap: 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
beebee5000: Finally in Deutschland, wishing everyone here waiting for visa, admission speed in receiving their good news.
Please let's refrain from insulting each other. You can deploy diplomatic tactics to reply someone who's trying to bully you. kiss
Please everybody drop the hatchet. *********White flag flying************
First time I came to germany via Frankfurt I was impressed with the immigration officials, today via Nürnberg they were still efficient just like last year. NB **********ko si ere ni germo.*********** cool
Congratulation to you, wishing you well in Germany. I have a question as regards your experience at the Murital Airport. Did you show them you BTA? How much was your BTA? You can as well share your experience with us.
I wait for your quick response. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
It's a 'yes' and no other details to it. The admission letter is just an evidence of your unquestionable intents and a surety to study there and not necessarily a restriction to the particular school whose admission letter was used for that purpose.
Note that the visa given here has a validity period of 3 months, and the renewal is subject to your enrolment in a tertiary institution in the country i.e. Germany, as a student.
You could as well move over to Germany and apply for another institution just as long as your admission and enrolment fall within the 3 month period.
That's my humble submission.
Good luck!

Thanks @eke...this was exactly how i thought is should be but some previous posts here suggests that my record & info. would be with the initial school city in Germany and i am expected to arrive in dat particular city for neccessary registrations & i can't just move over to another city like dat.

& someone infact said one had to register in dat city & spend like a semester in dat school b4 moving to another school if one wants to...

anymore ideas please, I would really appreciate any.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
Teflon1:

Thanks @eke...this was exactly how i thought is should be but some previous posts here suggests that my record & info. would be with the initial school city in Germany and i am expected to arrive in dat particular city for neccessary registrations & i can't just move over to another city like dat.

& someone infact said one had to register in dat city & spend like a semester in dat school b4 moving to another school if one wants to...

Thanks.
Yea, may be someone who had done a similar thing can elaborate on his/her experience. This things have legal interpretations to it and sometimes opinions from people may not bear out the real meaning and implications.
However, I think your most reliable source of answer will be from the embassy and they have given you a direct though non explanatory answer. I think they have told you all you needed and their shortest answer is more reliable than the most explicitly detailed opinion you can ever get here except maybe from some one whose experiences were guided by the able hands of the embassy themselves.
My 2 Kobo.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
Yea, may be someone who had done a similar thing can elaborate on his/her experience. This things have legal interpretations to it and sometimes opinions from people may not bear out the real meaning and implications.
However, I think your most reliable source of answer will be from the embassy and they have given you a direct though non explanatory answer. I think they have told you all you needed and their shortest answer is more reliable than the most explicitly detailed opinion you can ever get here except maybe from some one whose experiences were guided by the able hands of the embassy themselves.
My 2 Kobo.

k...thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Teflon1:

Thanks.
I once asked a prospective school this and I was told to deal with the embassy in 'your country'. So, a yes from them is much like a rubberstamp.
#Success

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nimakor:
I once asked a prospective school this and I was told to deal with the embassy in 'your country'. So, a yes from them is much like a rubberstamp.
#Success

k...thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jpj(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
bissiejoe:

I don't get it...the person should return the passports and documents back to the embassy now.
Some Nigerians sha, I hope the visa has not been stamped on it.

It has been stamped and the embassy mailed to apologise for the inconveniences they have caused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.