Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886420 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jpj(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=Eke40seven]
Sir, don't you think it will be wise to consult with the embassy to give you a likely time frame when they can resolve the issue (I assume since it was their fault, they should be kind enough to address you), you can then take a decision on the appropriate time to book the flight, although it is also risky.
Sending passports and documents to wrong addresses I assume is a 'once-in-a-century' occurrence, an embassy for that matter!
My humble suggestion.

Thanks, but I have written to them and they apologised and said when they are in possession of the documents they would contact me and it is over 6 days today.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=jpj][/quote]
Am happy they've resolved the problem.
The public holiday could be responsible for the delay (I assume you meant it was 6 days ago they responded to your complains). Note that even the embassy at Abuja stated on their website that they won't be resuming until 4th of this month)
I wish you and your family a safe journey to the wedding.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
sapphire2sap:
Congratulation to you, wishing you well in Germany. I have a question as regards your experience at the Murital Airport. Did you show them you BTA? How much was your BTA? You can as well share your experience with us.
I wait for your quick response. Thanks

You dont need any BTA,but hold a copy of your admission letter and block account.with that you can prove that you are going for studies and all the money to spend is in your deutsche bank....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Plz how much does the German student visa cost? Is it free or 13,500 cus no one seems to av mentioned it here
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
futurewise11:

You dont need any BTA,but hold a copy of your admission letter and block account.with that you can prove that you are going for studies and all the money to spend is in your deutsche bank....
I think what this person meant was the amount of cash permitted to be carried when travelling since there won't be access to the block account in the first few weeks in germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
shuni05:

Thanks @Nimakor, I know in Nigeria they don't but I thought it would be much easier over here cos those are the only requirements with a Police clearance and your blocked account (No waec, birth certificate, interview e.t.c) coupled with the fact that u can get schedule an appointment the next day.

I was at the embassy for the blocked account on Friday and asked about the other documents, all they could say was to contact my schools international center for help with the docs and the response from those ones takes like forever.

Am hoping our Big bosses In Germo can help out.

Thanks

contact the aok insurance in the city of your school via email.if its possible use it to apply if not print out the reply email from aok and use it to apply.inform them that AOK said its impossible to have it while you are still outside germany.....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
nevilbot: Plz how much does the German student visa cost? Is it free or 13,500 cus no one seems to av mentioned it here

It is not free but otherwise....hope you dig?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
Teflon1: Pls @justwise, @eke , others, i would like to ask a question:

If i have obtained a visa already with a school in Germany & i am later admitted in another school in another city in Germany (which i prefer) & i decide to go for this new school instead of the former one i used in processing my visa...how do i go about it? (NB: I emailed d embassy dis question & their reply was YES it is possible...with no details given).

Its very possible.take all your new document to your new school and explain to them.....send an email to your old school of your plan...take both your prefered school and block account details to unlock your block account.you can operate it from any branch.
Go to foriegners office of your prefered school to extend your resident permit and also get your work permit.

it might be cumbersome for u since you are new in the system and you cant even speak the language.moreover why not spend one semester and transfer all your credit later.mind you theres a limited amount of time you can change/transfer school in germany depending on states eg in baden wuttenburg its only 2 times and you have to finish your bsc within 5 years...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
bissiejoe:
I think what this person meant was the amount of cash permitted to be carried when travelling since there won't be access to the block account in the first few weeks in germany.

maximum of 10,000 for undeclare cash......she can just hold like 500 euro.she can access the account on any working day.even she can withdraw from the account the same day she arrive in germany..i did just to confirm if its possible.i withdraw on monday and deposit back the next day
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
futurewise11:

Its very possible.take all your new document to your new school and explain to them.....send an email to your old school of your plan...take both your prefered school and block account details to unlock your block account.you can operate it from any branch.
Go to foriegners office of your prefered school to extend your resident permit and also get your work permit.

it might be cumbersome for u since you are new in the system and you cant even speak the language.moreover why not spend one semester and transfer all your credit later.mind you theres a limited amount of time you can change/transfer school in germany depending on states eg in baden wuttenburg its only 2 times and you have to finish your bsc within 5 years...
Hmm. Schoen!
However, how much 'setback' (if any) could one incur by moving to another school...say after one semester...e.g the tranfer to a higher semester? How does it work (generally)?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nimakor:
Hmm. Schoen!
However, how much 'setback' (if any) could one incur by moving to another school...say after one semester...e.g the tranfer to a higher semester? How does it work (generally)?

you could miss your friend,the city and probably your school.....please note: you will have to renew your resident permit any time you change school because its issue against the school you intend to attend.the new school admission letter and your bank statement is the decider.

Please come with Nigeria driving license if possible.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
futurewise11:

you could miss your friend,the city and probably your school.....please note: you will have to renew your resident permit any time you change school because its issue against the school you intend to attend.the new school admission letter and your bank statement is the decider.

Please come with Nigeria driving license if possible.
Lol. Real talk!
Danke vielmals!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hiuser(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
Eke40seven: [/quote]

[quote author=beebee5000]
When I was also searching for tickets I found Iberia and royal airmaroc cheaper, but my last experience with royal airmaroc was nothing to write home about, the inflight service was poor, terrible food, and no entertainment on board. So i decided not to fly with them again. Then I checked Iberia, it was good but you are only allowed to check in 23kg baggage and your hand luggage, and that's not enough for me. So if you choose to fly Iberia check and crosscheck properly.
Having said that, the closer your travel date the more expensive the tickets become. Be wise oh!!!! I should have bought my tickets earlier but I wanted to be sure of my visa first before doing so and as a result i payed dearly for it embarassed embarassed.
Anyway, it ended well. cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by uchezdedon(m): 6:06am On Aug 04, 2014
Why driving license @ future wise. And Wht abt someone who can't drive for now
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2014
learn driving in lagos.its only 10 days and with 10,000 you are done.it will be easier to convert for german driving license.with german driving license getting job is much more easier.within 6 month you can convert it.its cheaper and less stressfull.
Note:to learn how to drive and getting the license cost atleast 2000 euro(420,000 naira) upward here,with your nigerian license its cheaper.

uchezdedon: Why driving license @ future wise. And Wht abt someone who can't drive for now
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2014
beebee5000: Finally in Deutschland, wishing everyone here waiting for visa, admission speed in receiving their good news.
Please let's refrain from insulting each other. You can deploy diplomatic tactics to reply someone who's trying to bully you. kiss
Please everybody drop the hatchet. *********White flag flying************
First time I came to germany via Frankfurt I was impressed with the immigration officials, today via Nürnberg they were still efficient just like last year. NB **********ko si ere ni germo.*********** cool

Gluckwunsch meine bruder
so fur dich
Sie sehen in deutschland.
Alles gute
Gemeinsam sind wir stark !! cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by osurvey: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
helo brothers, please which site can i learn basic German. I want to learn it a little. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
osurvey: helo brothers, please which site can i learn basic German. I want to learn it a little. Thanks
Check for German-English dictionary on Google apps if you have an android phone.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
osurvey: helo brothers, please which site can i learn basic German. I want to learn it a little. Thanks
If you have an android phone, there are some very good apps (bi-lingual dictionaries) you can get for free on GOOGLE APPS to learn basic phrases and words and if you are online, with the app, you can get any sentence in English translated and vice versa (they have features for voicing or pronouncing words too). Although the ones with premium features could be purchased at little cost (considering its value)
That's how I decode the difficult German words some of my bros dey use on this thread.
Hope you find this helpful.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2014

Duolingo all the way.....it is on both android and IOS.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
futurewise11:

contact the aok insurance in the city of your school via email.if its possible use it to apply if not print out the reply email from aok and use it to apply.inform them that AOK said its impossible to have it while you are still outside germany.....

Thanks @futurewise, I wrote them and got a response from the woman to attach copies of my passport admission letter passport photo and signature but said I still need to come to her office on arrival to sign.

I also wrote her asking if she could send me a letter to prove am taking up the insurance as soon as I arrive, still waiting her response though, but am also thinking maybe I should just do 3 months travel insurance and attach also , just as back up with the letter. Do you think that's necessary ?

Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Justcul:

For accomodation, attach a copy (coloured) of ur studentenwerk appl form with the email confirmation and include in your application..

Those two should cover you pending when u get to Germany!

My 2 kobo.. My ogas can add or subtract..

Thanks @justcul just did that. Still having faith I'll get a contract for accommodation before i finally submit my application.

Thanks for your 2 kobos
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
dolpaz:

Gluckwunsch meine bruder
so fur dich
Sie sehen in deutschland.
Alles gute
Gemeinsam sind wir stark !! cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley smiley

You and your *****broken german***** grin grin
Der Mensch denkt, Gott lenkt cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by osurvey: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eke40seven:
If you have an android phone, there are some very good apps (bi-lingual dictionaries) you can get for free on GOOGLE APPS to learn basic phrases and words and if you are online, with the app, you can get any sentence in English translated and vice versa (they have features for voicing or pronouncing words too). Although the ones with premium features could be purchased at little cost (considering its value)
That's how I decode the difficult German words some of my bros dey use on this thread.
Hope you find this helpful.
Good luck!
Thanks bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by osurvey: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
bissiejoe:

Duolingo all the way.....it is on both android and IOS.
ok bro. But duolingo seems to use network. Can it be downloaded fully so as not to use network?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
beebee5000:

You and your *****broken german***** grin grin
Der Mensch denkt, Gott lenkt cool
LOL @ broken German. Very soon we will develop our Nigerian German as a separate language and yours sincerely is sure to be a transitional member of that speaker group.
By the way, you are bad o! So you are even proficient to the extent of knowing the German translations of 'propose' and 'dispose'.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
osurvey:
ok bro. But duolingo seems to use network. Can it be downloaded fully so as not to use network?

I am not sure of this
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
shuni05: Kudos everyone , I've been a close follower of this thread and I've read every page in detail. Great Job guys.

I have a few questions as regarding my Visa application which I hope you guys can help me out.

As required for a study Visa by the German embassy am applying from (Cape Town), they need me to provide ;

1.Proof of health insurance valid from date of arrival and for the duration of stay in Germany (German Statutory/National or private health insurance).

2.Proof of accommodation (Rental agreement/Student hostel, etc.)

- I will like an advice on which Health insurance I should go for Mawista or AOK and if its possible to take out the insurance from here.
- As regarding the accommodation , I contacted the studentenwerk and already applied but they cannot guarantee availability of accommodation. Is there any other way to take out a rental agreement from here.
See what they told this southafrican to provide, if na nigerian them go ask for millions . Germany , there is God ooooo
Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sunny200: 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
segadebayo:
I sent mine over two weeks, no response still it depends on your date of enrollment if it's October u wld wait a while

Please have you receive invitation now? i want to know so that i know the next step to take.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eke40seven:
LOL @ broken German. Very soon we will develop our Nigerian German as a separate language and yours sincerely is sure to be a transitional member of that speaker group.
By the way, you are bad o! So you are even proficient to the extent of knowing the German translations of 'propose' and 'dispose'.

Me bad shocked shocked.... i hope to get there someday. With my pronunciations today in class, bros i be learner oh!!
As for vocabularies, we learn everyday and yours sincerely grin grin is learning too ohh.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
I beg guys if i may ask, any different between Ordinary National Diploma and National Diploma. Because somebody here said u can apply with ND and recently i saw OND not accepted. This not Clear to me. I beg throw light
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nedu09: I beg guys if i may ask, any different between Ordinary National Diploma and National Diploma. Because somebody here said u can apply with ND and recently i saw OND not accepted. This not Clear to me. I beg throw light

both ond and nd mean the same.its not accepted as abitur.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.