Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885667 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
Amin, danke
damilola15:
Sorry to hear about your situation. But as someone mentioned on the forum some time ago, destinations also count. Mine seems to be under little pressure as observed on the thread.

All the same, I pray and hope for your breakthrough too.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
Another question, people.
Is it only the Lagos branch of IGI (for instance) that can issue a travel health insurance. For example, with Betty55, can't she get it done at the Benin office or someone in Kogi state do it at Lokoja.
betty55: please can any one help me out with any travel insurance adress in lagos,l live in benin and don,t know my way around in lagos verry well.thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
@ALL....These german embassy really mean me this year,but i am sure God will prevail over all inadequacies...I must confess to you this thing wan tire me...but na when things wan better it dey be like this......make i post the mail wey i receive agn from the emabssy today.....abeg wetin me fit do o?

Dear Sir,

as your relatives have declared the formal obligation to pay for your costs of living *only for the length of 6 months*, I would like to inquire how you are going to come up for the costs after the obligation has expired.
Please explain it to me in an e-mail.
As you are aware, the financing of your studies must be ensured for the whole length of bachelor but not only for the first time.

Thank you for your cooperation

this is the seond time i dy receive email from them o..the first one na how do i want to live in frankfurt abd study in kleve cos na my sponsor address i put a default address since i neva get any accomodation.
I have mad contact with my cousin there and he said that they normally give 6months since na 3months dem dey give students,na only when dem come dem go get permit.
he said he will get in touch with the home office,to see what will be don....
have anyone adviertised o,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
damilola15: Another question, people.
Is it only the Lagos branch of IGI (for instance) that can issue a travel health insurance. For example, with Betty55, can't she get it done at the Benin office or someone in Kogi state do it at Lokoja.
betty55: please can any one help me out with any travel insurance adress in lagos,l live in benin and don,t know my way around in lagos verry well.thanks

Congrats to you two. I tap into your testimonies.
The IGI HQ is in VI, same area with the German embassy. You can get the 3 months travel visa for 14K5. With a KeKe Napep or Okada, it is less than 10 mins away. The address is:
Head Office Plot 741, Adeola Hopewell Street
Victoria Island Lagos , Nigeria.
Telephone: (01)6215010-4.
Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
atrapon: Congrats to you guys...pls is there anyone in the house that is successful without any language proficiency certificate..tanks in anticipation.God bless
I was, but that doesn't necessarily mean I could have succeeded with another school without it. You must always check your school language requirements to see what they explicitly want, sometimes they waive it and some times they may not. Better still, send them a mail so they can clarify for you.
Good luck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 12:15am On Sep 26, 2014
betty55: l am sister oh.thanks alot
Okay just sent you a pm
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ayooluniran(m): 12:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Please I need advice oh! i just went thru d German embassy's site and i discovered a lot lot of requirements for spouses to join their spouses.....lol....my concern is dis ...i'm sure my organization will sponsor me to study in Germany next year...but I'll want to pick ma wife and Son along....i plan to enrol her for the German course as soon as possible......ma questions are:

1. Is it advisable to submit her visa application along with mine?
2. I don't intend to open any blocked account...I plan to present a letter from my work place as sponsor....how acceptable is dis?
3. How long does the embassy take to process visa for spouses...I learnt about five to six months?...jezz that's like forever.
4. Is the Verification fee compulsory?......N120,000....mhen...dis embassies are making money from us oh!....the earth belongs to God, why person
nor fit work freely to anywhere he wanna go

advice, criticism and kissanswers needed pls...thanks in advance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 12:36am On Sep 26, 2014
Eke40seven:
For Bsc admission in Germany you will need at least a year result from a Nigerian university or HND certificate coupled with your O'Level.
If there are any school at all that takes an exception to this then may be someone can help but I doubt.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!

we are ushered into a new week of testimonies let it roll.
bro tanks a lot,but I just received a mail from Rhine -waal university of applied science :Dear prospective student,

The following criteria have to be fulfilled concerning your GCE A Level:

You need to have proof of at least 4 subjects, from which one has to be a language and the other mathematics (for both A-Level is required). The other two subjects have to be general-education subjects, from which one has to fit to the program you would like to study. One of these two subjects is required to be completed as A-Level, while it is sufficient if the other subject is completed on the AS-Level. That means, for admission to higher education in Germany you need three A Level and one AS level.

We have no leeway regarding the admission requirements.

If you fulfill the above mentioned requirements we are glad to receive your online application.

:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:44am On Sep 26, 2014
ayooluniran: Please I need advice oh! i just went thru d German embassy's site and i discovered a lot lot of requirements for spouses to join their spouses.....lol....my concern is dis ...i'm sure my organization will sponsor me to study in Germany next year...but I'll want to pick ma wife and Son along....i plan to enrol her for the German course as soon as possible......ma questions are:

1. Is it advisable to submit her visa application along with mine?
2. I don't intend to open any blocked account...I plan to present a letter from my work place as sponsor....how acceptable is dis?
3. How long does the embassy take to process visa for spouses...I learnt about five to six months?...jezz that's like forever.
4. Is the Verification fee compulsory?......N120,000....mhen...dis embassies are making money from us oh!....the earth belongs to God, why person
nor fit work freely to anywhere he wanna go

advice, criticism and kissanswers needed pls...thanks in advance
The programme you are going for is not clear at all, to start with. If you intend to go for a Bsc or MSC degree, I.e. study, then a sponsorship letter from a Nigerian organisation will not deliver the goods at all. I'm not sure what you are going for but I think you are going through the wrong documents or going through the right documents the wrong way or just mixing things up.
come up with a clearer picture of what you are going for, your future plans and let's see how people here can help you.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 12:59am On Sep 26, 2014
@evrione in d house: plz can i get letter of proficiency in english language from federal high court? Coz to get d letter from my school might take several months. Plz ur response wil be appreciated.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 26, 2014
can,t read any private mail,don,t know why? send to my email adress bmbeakwe@yahoo.com
damsamty16:
Okay just sent you a pm
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ayooluniran(m): 1:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Eke40seven:
The programme you are going for is not clear at all, to start with. If you intend to go for a Bsc or MSC degree, I.e. study, then a sponsorship letter from a Nigerian organisation will not deliver the goods at all. I'm not sure what you are going for but I think you are going through the wrong documents or going through the right documents the wrong way or just mixing things up.
come up with a clearer picture of what you are going for, your future plans and let's see how people here can help you.
Good luck!

ok thanks...I work in a federal university...I plan to study for an Msc in Biomedical Engineering...a 2yrs course...University of Hiedelberg 2015/2016 session....and like i said earlier, i hope to present a letter of sponsorship from the University.....funds usually arrive late from the federal govt. (around early sept of the academic year), so wat we do is to use our money to apply for visa and other requirements earlier to meet up with the school registration deadline pending when funds from d FG arrives.....the letter from the university only covers me......asper my family....i am on my own...but i'll really love to go with them...i'd rather opt for another country than to stay without my family for two yrs...

but the requirements i read thru on d embassy's website scares me ...she has to learn german..after which the certificate of fluency in german will be submitted along with other docs and then pay the 120,000 naira verification of documents fee....then a long wait for five to six months again before embassy decision is reached......

PLS CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY ALL THIS FOR ME.....THANKS
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:10am On Sep 26, 2014
. TYPE IGI INSURANCE TO GOOGLE GUESS IT THE CHEAPEST
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 5:05am On Sep 26, 2014
@Tope Walker...Boss, I mailed some schools and most of them replied my mail with the list of necessary documents needed for admission. Two schools stated that a letter of proficiency in English language from my school is good enough in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS. Oga mii, to get that kind letter from the skul i grad from no easy oo. OOU na state university and to collect certificate wey i work for sef na wahala no to talk of say make i go beg them for a letter. Its gonna take hell of months to get it.
Che i fit get the letter from a federal high court or what do you think sir? Do you have idea maybe german university will accept that kinda letter from a high court or not? I look forward to read from you boss. Thanks for the call the other day. #GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Maximalen Respekt, Sir
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 26, 2014
geemana: @ogbeche77 that is why I've been trying to secure accommodation all this while.U know how difficult it is to secure one from nigeria here.you also know I can't stay in hotel for long. What a Dilemma
check your email
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 26, 2014
XpensiveT: @Tope Walker...Boss, I mailed some schools and most of them replied my mail with the list of necessary documents needed for admission. Two schools stated that a letter of proficiency in English language from my school is good enough in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS. Oga mii, to get that kind letter from the skul i grad from no easy oo. OOU na state university and to collect certificate wey i work for sef na wahala no to talk of say make i go beg them for a letter. Its gonna take hell of months to get it.
Che i fit get the letter from a federal high court or what do you think sir? Do you have idea maybe german university will accept that kinda letter from a high court or not? I look forward to read from you boss. Thanks for the call the other day. #GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Maximalen Respekt, Sir
High court bi ti bawo? Most schools in germany will accept your application if your bsc was taught in Nigeria.. But if they insist on the letter of proficiency, you can always obtain that from the registrars or Dean office
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 8:10am On Sep 26, 2014
betty55: can,t read any private mail,don,t know why? send to my email adress bmbeakwe@yahoo.com
@betty55 congrats betty,which city are you heading to?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2014
XpensiveT: @Tope Walker...Boss, I mailed some schools and most of them replied my mail with the list of necessary documents needed for admission. Two schools stated that a letter of proficiency in English language from my school is good enough in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS. Oga mii, to get that kind letter from the skul i grad from no easy oo. OOU na state university and to collect certificate wey i work for sef na wahala no to talk of say make i go beg them for a letter. Its gonna take hell of months to get it.

Maximalen Respekt, Sir
Go to your departmental office, meet the secretary and explain to him/her that you want a letter (English as a medium of learning or language of instruction) It will not take you more than an hour. its not a certificate, its a standard letter with your school letterhead. If your department does not have a format for that, I can send you mine or you can meet your HOD.
All the info they need is your full names, matrix number, grade, qualification and year of graduation.
You can go to the records' or dean's office
Trust me!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
damsamty16:
Oga na boss..longest time o

I dey ohh, wishing you success in your interview ohh cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2014
Goodday house,
Please does it means without starting a university and completing a year in Nigeria i cannot take any other examination(s) to qualify me to study in Germany?
Because i'm writing my waec/neco next year
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2014
My coordinating professor in Frankfurt just helped me to secure a room in Offenbach for 360 euro inclusive of all bills. Guys in Germany, considering my monthly alawi is 670, and I will pay 70 for health insurance, will the remaining 240 be enuf for me to survive in a month plz, food and cloth books and flex.

I still dey wait for embassy ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2014
nevilbot: My coordinating professor in Frankfurt just helped me to secure a room in Offenbach for 360 euro inclusive of all bills. Guys in Germany, considering my monthly alawi is 670, and I will pay 70 for health insurance, will the remaining 240 be enuf for me to survive in a month plz, food and cloth books and flex.

I still dey wait for embassy ooooo
360 is damn too expensive for a student accomodation in a city like Offenbach.. Except you have loads of money to spare..Don't sign any contract until you arrive in frankfurt.. You can find a temo accomodation or hostel and hunt for an apartment.. You could even meet students who are willing to share there flats with you at a reduced price
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 9:34am On Sep 26, 2014
Just finished my Student Visa Interview with the Old Lady. It went well as I was able to answer all her Questions...... tongue......She stamped my Passport, gave me a receipt and told me that they will wait for info from Germany and then contact me through mail. All the questions cam efrom this forum. I thank all who posted their interview questions. Let me post mine.........
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 9:38am On Sep 26, 2014
Where do you work ?
When did you graduate ?
NYSC Year ?
what program did you applied for ?
After your language course, will you start your program ?
structure of you program ?
where is your school located ?
are you planning to come back ?
why Germany ?
How much did you pay for the Language Course ?
what is the name of your program ?
list each courses in your semester ?.....na waoh !!!
what is the name of your area of Specialization of your Master program ?
....DATS ALL !!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2014
Hi, In all my applications I used a letter of english proficiency what you can do is meet any lecturer not necessarily from the senate or dean once it's in the school letter head, It's stamped and it states your medium of teaching was totally in English you're good to go

Maximalen Respekt, Sir
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Veryplain: bro tanks a lot,but I just received a mail from Rhine -waal university of applied science :Dear prospective student,

You need to have proof of at least 4 subjects, from which one has to be a language and the other mathematics (for both A-Level is required). The other two subjects have to be general-education subjects, from which one has to fit to the program you would like to study. One of these two subjects is required to be completed as A-Level, while it is sufficient if the other subject is completed on the AS-Level. That means, for admission to higher education in Germany you need three A Level and one AS level.

If you fulfill the above mentioned requirements we are glad to receive your online application.

:

Hi what email did you send it to ? I sent an email to their international-office(at)hochschule-rhein-waal.de on the 21st and have not gotten a reply yet.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Ogbeche77: 360 is damn too expensive for a student accomodation in a city like Offenbach.. Except you have loads of money to spare..Don't sign any contract until you arrive in frankfurt.. You can find a temo accomodation or hostel and hunt for an apartment.. You could even meet students who are willing to share there flats with you at a reduced price
if na Munich,i go grab am with both hands and legs
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Veryplain: bro tanks a lot,but I just received a mail from Rhine -waal university of applied science :Dear prospective student,

:
OK guy, good for you. sorry if my reply looks a bit rigid. That's why its always good to ask the school you are applying to specifically. However, what I noted above is a general requirement. Rhine Waal is a very new school with an international orientation and could be very flexible in so many things than the older institutions.
GCE A level is not really a Nigerian exam, just like Cambridge 'A' level. We have not really exploited that option to see If its acceptable by all schools.
I think this your observation will open the floor for a whole new dimension for this BSC admission thing.
I will personally try to send out email to some schools international office to see what their response is like.

Guys with experience, let's discuss this option, it could be better than waiting for another year in a university especially for people with OND and o'level result.
What do you think?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Ogbeche77: High court bi ti bawo? Most schools in germany will accept your application if your bsc was taught in Nigeria.. But if they insist on the letter of proficiency, you can always obtain that from the registrars or Dean office

@Ogbeche77...Thanks alot boss. i appreciate your response, sir. GOD bless you. Your moniker seems familiar from NYSC Batch C 2013. You were our mentor in the trend then. Glad to have you here too sir.
Maximale Respekt, Sir

Eke40seven:
Go to your departmental office, meet the secretary and explain to him/her that you want a letter (English as a medium of learning or language of instruction) It will not take you more than an hour. its not a certificate, its a standard letter with your school letterhead. If your department does not have a format for that, I can send you mine or you can meet your HOD.
All the info they need is your full names, matrix number, grade, qualification and year of graduation.
You can go to the records' or dean's office
Trust me!!

@Eke40seven...Thanks so much boss. God bless you. you really doing a great job here sir. I will like to have a copy of the letter via email.
Looking forward to read from you and thanks in advance.
Maximale Respekt, Sir

segadebayo: Hi, In all my applications I used a letter of english proficiency what you can do is meet any lecturer not necessarily from the senate or dean once it's in the school letter head, It's stamped and it states your medium of teaching was totally in English you're good to go

@Segadebayo...Thanks Boss. Your response is highly appreciated sir.
Maximale Respekt, Sir
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2014
@geemana l am heading to hermannsburg fachhochschule
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ibnakogun: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2014
hello guys, attached to the mail the embassy use to give me my interview date, are the guidelines and necessary documents to be presented. but somewhere they say I should sign, write my phone number and email address at the back of the application is it at the space provided in the same page where i'm suppose to paste my passport photograph or at the back of the last sheet.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2014
ayooluniran:

ok thanks...I work in a federal university...I plan to study for an Msc in Biomedical Engineering...a 2yrs course...University of Hiedelberg 2015/2016 session....and like i said earlier, i hope to present a letter of sponsorship from the University.....funds usually arrive late from the federal govt. (around early sept of the academic year), so wat we do is to use our money to apply for visa and other requirements earlier to meet up with the school registration deadline pending when funds from d FG arrives.....the letter from the university only covers me......asper my family....i am on my own...but i'll really love to go with them...i'd rather opt for another country than to stay without my family for two yrs...

but the requirements i read thru on d embassy's website scares me ...she has to learn german..after which the certificate of fluency in german will be submitted along with other docs and then pay the 120,000 naira verification of documents fee....then a long wait for five to six months again before embassy decision is reached......

PLS CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY ALL THIS FOR ME.....THANKS
A letter of sponsorship which is not from an European and/or German organisations are is covered and it will/may not suffice. Except you get a letter of sponsorship from someone residing in Germany or you open a blocked account with approximately 8000 euros in Deutsch Bank.
You may also need to do this for your wife, I.e apply for a school programme which I think will be faster. However, I don't know about the kid yet. I feel, getting the kid along only by both of you will be easier than getting the two along by only you.
I hope you understand? Others can air their opinion too.
Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.