Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884115 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2014
I don't no wat this means ooh .. Plz explain "immatrikulationsamt"

HARTZIV:

sry dont know undecided
u should ask at the "immatrikulationsamt" of the university u want to study
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2014
Good morning house,
Does it make sense to apply for undergraduate course when I already have a bachelor degree

Regards
Re: German Embassy And Visa by juliansame: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2014
Evrybody dat has useful information that can help with this. I really need to know this before I arrange an appointment
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2014
HARTZIV:

nice course grin
i study Mechincal Engineering at the tu Braunschweig and like it very much
the term of application prelongued till 10.10.14 (for ws14/15)
Please are you studying BSc or Masters because i searched DAAD i didnt see BSC for mechanical engineering only Masters in computational engineering. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:
No Sir my current course is Environmental Science and I want to apply for Mechincal Engineering.

Will it be accepted?

Seriously I can't say precisely. I think you will have to mail the schools of your choice. Have seen any? have explore daad.de? go through this link to get that. https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=4&display=list. I was able to get 3 schools for you, check out their websites, for requirements and contact address, mail them about what you are looking for. Find below the schools.But if I were you, I will follow up what I'm already doing now till when I will get to Germany after which I will change the course to the desired one. But before pursuing the route, I will first of all ask the house if there is possibility of changing my course when I get to Germany. There is doubt that you will know better when you get there.
1.https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=d&s=kr&id=3162#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=2&display=list

2. https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=d&s=kr&id=2114#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=3&display=list

3.https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=d&s=kr&id=2685#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=4&display=list

Work on these very well. Success bro. Shalom

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2014
researchQ:

Please are you studying BSc or Masters because i searched DAAD i didnt see BSC for mechanical engineering only Masters in computational engineering. Thanks

Check my recent post; I mean my reply to giftwalter.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2014
honourableseyi:

Check my recent post; I mean my reply to giftwalter.
Oga, i did not direct the question at you tongue. I was asking HATVIZ beacuse he said he is studying Mechanical engineering at Braunshweig and I checked that school trough DAAD it was only Master in computational engineering, no Bsc and no mechanical engineering. By the way you neva still finish ya 1yr for NOUN?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Andre09: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2014
House, is it wise to write the embassy and ascertain the status of my visa application? Cause its been 4weeks since my interview and lecture commences 20th of October. I'm really worried. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2014
igwejay:
Good morning house,
Does it make sense to apply for undergraduate course when I already have a bachelor degree

Regards

It is in your hands bro. Sit down and ponder on it; why another Bsc? why not Msc? Will I have much to gain if I opt for Bsc instead of Msc or vice-versal? You are the one that know plan. Nothing in life doesn't make sense; because there is always sense in nonsense. Shalom

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
I have contacted all the schools dat offer Engineering..am waiting for their reply.
honourableseyi:

Seriously I can't say precisely. I think you will have to mail the schools of your choice. Have seen any? have explore daad.de? go through this link to get that. https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=4&display=list. I was able to get 3 schools for you, check out their websites, for requirements and contact address, mail them about what you are looking for. Find below the schools.But if I were you, I will follow up what I'm already doing now till when I will get to Germany after which I will change the course to the desired one. But before pursuing the route, I will first of all ask the house if there is possibility of changing my course when I get to Germany. There is doubt that you will know better when you get there.
1.https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=d&s=kr&id=3162#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=2&display=list

2. https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=d&s=kr&id=2114#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=3&display=list

3.https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=d&s=kr&id=2685#q=&degree[]=1&fos[]=4&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&sortBy=1&page=4&display=list

Work on these very well. Success bro. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:13am On Oct 07, 2014
researchQ:

Oga, i did not direct the question at you tongue. I was asking HATVIZ beacuse he said he is studying Mechanical engineering at Braunshweig and I checked that school trough DAAD it was only Master in computational engineering, no Bsc and no mechanical engineering. By the way you neva still finish ya 1yr for NOUN?

No I haven't. But very soon, I will. Sorry about that, yes I know you are not directing the question to me but I thought it could help . Though I don't know you are talking about that school in particular. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:
I have contacted all the schools dat offer Engineering..am waiting for their reply.

Then wait patiently for their replies while you continue with other preparation. Success and Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2014
@ hourableseyi.. Wat are studying in NOUN? And are u intending to use it for Admission in Germo? If yes which course do u want to study in Germo?

honourableseyi:

Then wait patiently for their replies while you continue with other preparation. Success and Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Can someone fund the Blocked account a little more than 7908 Euro ?.....Any consequences ?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2014
researchQ:

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/studiengang/en/?a=detail&id=g2825&q=Maschinenbau&degree=&courselanguage=1&studylocation=Braunschweig&locations=&universities[1]=1&admissionsemester=&sort=name&page=1

https://www.tu-braunschweig.de/fmb/studium/bachelor/maschinenbau

i study BSc
Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 11:59am On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:
I don't no wat this means ooh .. Plz explain "immatrikulationsamt"

the immatrikulationsamt institution deciding if a students will be accepted or not
maybe the "Zentrale Studienberatung" ( Student Guidance and Counselling Centre) can help u too
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:
@ hourableseyi.. Wat are studying in NOUN? And are u intending to use it for Admission in Germo? If yes which course do u want to study in Germo?

Computer science. Yes; computer science , computer engineering or any ICT related course.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by olupentane(m): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
I've searched through daad.de but I was unable to find a school that offers Msc Statistics. please can anyone be of help?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
olupentane:
I've searched through daad.de but I was unable to find a school that offers Msc Statistics. please can anyone be of help?

Statistik • Technische Universität Dortmund • Dortmund
Statistik • Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg • Magdeburg
Statistik • Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin • Berlin
Statistik • Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München • München

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by olupentane(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
HARTZIV:

Statistik • Technische Universität Dortmund • Dortmund
Statistik • Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg • Magdeburg
Statistik • Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin • Berlin
Statistik • Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München • München
Thanks. but it seems few oo.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
olupentane:

Thanks.

München is very expeciv and Magdeburg is in the east of germany (not the finest place grin)

statistics is not common course in germany
statistics is often a specialization of the mathematics, business mathematics or business studies course

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chai!!!! researchQ u harsh o!

Well, the show is back again. the one that had stared the crème de la crème of this thread, who be have gone ahead to be our oga in Germo, Emeka55, Ogbeche77, Kelly4top, Topeajis and .........

Today is your day, Oga HARTZIV. You are welcome to the house and welcome to the show. its now like a tradition to welcome at least one Oga a week from Germo on the show to air their experienced and informed opinion. Oga HARTZIV, a consensus has been held and you are divinely qualified.
These are the questions to be answered in your own style and flair.
1. Please, introduce yourself, name (optional),
course, level, school, city, your school in
Nigeria (optional)
2. How does German educational system differ
from the system you were used to?
3. What academic challenge(s) did you face or are
you facing currently and how are/did you tackling/
tackle them?
3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective
Nigerian student coming over to study?
(summarised)
4. Do your school have a sizeable number of
international students and what is the state of
interaction like with them?
5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the
society and how were you able to overcome it if
you had?
6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working
Nigerian student with a particular result can
maintain his/her academic performance in
Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be
appreciated, I know time is not the only or the
best measure of hard work but For instance,
A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria,
GPA=4
". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=?
7. Like in any society, there are distractions or
factors that reduces performance, what are the
major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened
Nigerian JJC?
8. Most of the male or even females at one time or
the other would have fantasized having a German
Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the
shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can
ebele17(f), get her prince charming easily?
9. List 5 most important items an intending new
comer should bring along to Germany.
10. Give 5 most important tip to surviving in
Germany, jobs and all.
11. Just give your opinion on these claims below
by indicating with an Agree (A), Neutral (N) or
Disagree (D)
a. Germans are cold
b. They hate late coming
c. They are racist
D. They don't have time for chitchat
E. They are introverts
F. They love beer
G. they don't know how to queue
P.s. I understand that these questions may be too
much to answer at a go, you can answer them bit
by bit at your convenience if its gonna take its toll
on you. Thank you and God bless.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=Eke40seven post=26938539]Chai!!!! researchQ u harsh o!

No he is not Bruder. What he said was nothing but the truth. Though sometimes truth is bitter. But I would have been so worried and surprised if you were the one that replied that way. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
naijaobi:

oga who are u addressing this letter to.? Is the German consul general on nairaland? sad

grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:
Can someone fund the Blocked account a little more than 7908 Euro ?.....Any consequences ?

I believe the figure is 8040€ presently (8090, bearing in mind the 50€ the bank takes).
No consequences whatsoever if funded above.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Andre09:
House, is it wise to write the embassy and ascertain the status of my visa application? Cause its been 4weeks since my interview and lecture commences 20th of October. I'm really worried. Thanks

I think you should write them.
Have you enrolled?
If not, write the school as well about the delay and try ask for an extension.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
HARTZIV:

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/studiengang/en/?a=detail&id=g2825&q=Maschinenbau&degree=&courselanguage=1&studylocation=Braunschweig&locations=&universities[1]=1&admissionsemester=&sort=name&page=1

https://www.tu-braunschweig.de/fmb/studium/bachelor/maschinenbau

i study BSc
Haba Bros. its taught in ONLY GERMAN!!! how are you coping with the course language? infact all mechanical engineering courses are taught in German except Rhine Waal...God bless that school.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
researchQ:

For ur church mind u threw a heavy punch at him abi. Oya ask that question again and see if you won' t drink a cold akamu

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=honourableseyi post=26938831][/quote]
No I am a lady cheesy cheesy cheesy. Sorry if i seemed harsh. its just that i couldn't meet up with winter semester because the money am supposed to be paid is coming towards the end of the year and that limits my chances to get enough schools to apply for this summer. I just have about 3 schools to try and one of them has already started lectures but the deadline for application is on the 15th October. i don't even think i can meet up with that. I mean why advertise deadline for 15th while students are already learning..i mean the time frame to wait for admission, open blocked account, account comfirmation, visa interview etc which leaves me with just 2 schools and i want to combine 2 WAEC results...i just feel so discouraged that i might not even be admitted cry

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Realk1......But I opened with 7908, as stated in their website as the minimum......hope am safe !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:
@Realk1......But I opened with 7908, as stated in their website as the minimum......hope am safe !
u are not safe o. The amount is 8040 euros. You actually transfer 8090, the deutsche bank will take 50, and that leaves you with 8040. If you have a copy of the blocked account form, have a look at it again. It was clearly stated.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
juliansame:
Good afternoon I applied for a 8weeks german course in berlin which is 1 full course I am planning to use 1 of my bank acct for the visa at your embassy so I want to know how much should be in my acct in order to get my visa to study the german course. I have 500000naira in my gtb acct. Hope it is enough to get me the visa because after I paid for the course and healt insurance I have 500000naira left in the acct. Is it enough to get me the visa to study my 8wks language course. I wait to read from you asap. Thanks
This your situation is a bit uncommon in this thread o. I'm only responding so that I can bring it to the attention of more experienced people.
However, from my own assessment, you could have made serious enquiries before you applied or even paid. what if you were later told that you can't get the visa with that amount
Secondly, this language course I'd just 8 weeks (2 months) which translates to a short stay visa. Which means, its not more than 3 months which you could have converted to a long stay visa (National visa).
Now, I have checked the categories for short stay visas and I can't find language courses among the lot.
And again, the last time this issue was discussed, the conclusion was that since the establishment of Goethe institute, visas for language courses are not granted except if its just a stop gap to brushing up your German before you start your studies which you must have gained admission in.
I think the first thing to decide on now is what visa category you are applying for.
You can enquire at the embassy through their email.
Good luck!
P.S. I'm not too knowledgeable in this aspect, so, my opinion is not conclusive. This is only to draw the attention of others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.