Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885886 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
Eke40seven:

1. Please, introduce yourself, name (optional),
course, level, school, city, your school in
Nigeria (optional)
Brauschweig, TU Brauschweig, mechanical engineering, semester 3

2. How does German educational system differ
from the system you were used to?
i cant compare it to the nigeran system because i never was on a nigerian school but i can try to discribe the german system:

germany has 3 differnt typs of school:
Gymansium (best): 13 years of school in total (4 primary + 9)
Realschule (middle): 10 years of school in total (4 primary + 6)
Hauptschule (worst): 9 years of school in total (4 primary + 5)
only the Gymansium qualifys to study at a university
to study at a "Fachhochschule" u need either a Abitur (Gymansium degree) or a Realschule degree plus completed vocational training

Fachhochschule and university
there are two diffenrent kinds institutions to study (bachelor and master degrees)
Fachhochschule:
- usually smaller groups (10-35)
- more application-related
- more individual support (small group size)
- lower theoretical level (compared to universitys)
- "more like school"
- lower failure rate (easier)

university
- usually biger groups (up to 800)
- op paper both degrees are equal but the uni degree is higher ratet (average salary slightly higher)
- higher theoretical level but less application-related
- more independent learning requested
- higher dropout rate (engineering courese about 40%)
-------------------------------------------------------------

- a master degree will take 10 semester (Bachelor/Master: 6/4, 7/3 or 8/2)
- germany has a strong dual vocational training system because of this reason only about 30% of the germany people study hat a university/fh

3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective
Nigerian student coming over to study?
(summarised)

- a lot of independent work is requested: they will upload a lot of exercises and scrips and its your job to lern that stuff
- you need a lot of perseverance and dedication especially at the beginning
- its importend to make friends at the beginning: groups are forming at the start and its much harder to become part of a group if u missed that opportunity
- beeing a part of a good group of studends to learn togather is a importend factor to success (and its much more fun grin)
- don't to the mistake to be with people from your counrty ony because its much easier to learn the language and integrate when u have german friends too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ naijaobi.....actually I funded the account with 8300 Euro. But My blocked amount is 7908, which is the minimum from the Embassy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ Everyone..to all my Current Germo graduate, current Students and Prospective student...

A friend of mine ask me a serious question dat I alone couldn't answer, He said and I quote " How could studying abroad change your life? Can it give u a better job? A better pay? He said further I have seen graduate from Canada and Dubai who are jet to get jobs since they left school 2 years ago"

I couldn't answer him well cuz I don't have all the answer, plz shower me with thy WORDS of Wisdom so I can prove to Him why he should tire his BSC certificate from DELSU.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:
@ naijaobi.....actually I funded the account with 8300 Euro. But My blocked amount is 7908, which is the minimum from the Embassy.
your blocked account amount should be nothing less than 8040 euros.
So if you funded 8300, it simply means you added 260 euros extra. And that is no problem at all. You can fund 10,000 if u like, but it shouldnt be less than 8040.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:
@ Everyone..to all my Current Germo graduate, current Students and Prospective student...

A friend of mine ask me a serious question dat I alone couldn't answer, He said and I quote " How could studying abroad change your life? Can it give u a better job? A better pay? He said further I have seen graduate from Canada and Dubai who are jet to get jobs since they left school 2 years ago"

I couldn't answer him well cuz I don't have all the answer, plz shower me with thy WORDS of Wisdom so I can prove to Him why he should tire his BSC certificate from DELSU.
hmmmm!
Na so? How would you answer him if you are not informed How would you be informed if you can't read
I don't really know how possible it is to answer any of your friend even with only a Nursery school certificate if you can't access the information at your finger tips.
Just read and I bet you will turn an expert consultant on this thread. This thread is filled with info you can use.
Hear thee the word saying,
"Read! Read! Read! Read!......."
Fare thee well.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:

it's high time u left that your friend. You both are not on the same level intellectually. He will only bring you down and then pass his low mentality syndrome to you.
You mean after reading this thread from page 1 till now, you think we are here to play? You think we all here are clowns or what?
If you don't know what to answer your friend, it simply means you don't know your mission in Germany.

Finally enjoy this hot akamu without milk.

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Juliansame
For a language course you still need d 8,040 euros.
Secondly, your course duration must be 3 months n above as can be seen on this link...
Thirdly, the amount is quite expensive for 2 months language course...even if accommodation is included....considering that their are cheaper language program bigger school with international recognition for a lesser fee.
http://www.fuu-heidelberg-languages.com
For a 14 weeks program with accommodation will be within that range in this language School.
Like @Eke40seven said u would have asked for counsel before you paid...
Lastly, when going for language course....it is better you have in mind to further your studies...just my thinking.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
@HARTZIV

Ur elaboration is very clear......
I am enjoying it.....still waiting for others.....wowwww....I really like the Fachhoschule make I no bite my tongue...
Please what does "berg" , "schule" "sch" etc.......they are so common in their words, names, places etc....thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by giftwalter: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Just called my Aunt in Berlin, She said her Husband can't help me get the Sponsorship letter, dats means I need approx. N2,000,000 before the ending of my 1 year programme at NOUN. Baba God, I don't even have up to 50k in my Bank Acct. But I no dat You will work something out wen I need it.

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
naijaobi:

u are not safe o. The amount is 8040 euros. You actually transfer 8090, the deutsche bank will take 50, and that leaves you with 8040. If you have a copy of the blocked account form, have a look at it again. It was clearly stated.

I understand where Abubakar is coming from. The account opening letter actually stated 7908. Then add 50euros of bank charges. I think since the letter stated 7908...
B4 filling my form I actually mailed the embassy and they replied 7908.
But then wisdom is profitable to direct. Its best to put more than less so as to avoid unnecessary delay.
I stand corrected.
My 2kobo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
Eke40seven:

4. Do your school have a sizeable number of
international students and what is the state of
interaction like with them?

i would guess there are about 10% international
in courses in english there might be more

5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the
society and how were you able to overcome it if
you had?

i cant say much about the integration problem because i live in germany almost my whole life
maybe the different mentality might be a problem:
- many germany say what they think grin
- many of them seem to be emotionally cold and unapproachable to people they dont know but are very nice, open and loyal to the people they know (their friends, their group)

6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working
Nigerian student with a particular result can
maintain his/her academic performance in
Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be
appreciated, I know time is not the only or the
best measure of hard work but For instance,
A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria,
GPA=4
". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=?

its hard to tell because i dont know the standard of nigerian universitys but i think its harder than in most other eu counrys (like france, spainor portugal), specially the engeneering, natural science and math courses
the failure rate of the hard tests like math, technical machanic and thermodynamics used to be between 45% and 65% in many universitys.
i think the german system is much more focused on calculating exercises and dicribing problems with the mathematical formalism than lerning facts compared to other coutrys (but that assessment is not based on my own experience cause i only know how it is in germany)

7. Like in any society, there are distractions or
factors that reduces performance, what are the
major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened
Nigerian JJC?

drinking too often and too much grin
and if someone has to work too much it will reduce his studding performance because studding is a fulltime job here (specially if u want to finish in the standard period of study)

8. Most of the male or even females at one time or
the other would have fantasized having a German
Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the
shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can
ebele17(f), get her prince charming easily?

i think there is a good chance but it all depends on the character of the person (like everywere else in the world) but if its much more common for students in germany to have girlfrinds/boyfriends compared to nigeria
(its nearly impossible to find a girl/boy in germany wo wants to be a virgin till marriage grin)

9. List 5 most important items an intending new
comer should bring along to Germany.

1. smartphoe
2. tablet or laptop (for students)
3. warm clothes
4. dont know
5. dont know

10. Give 5 most important tip to surviving in
Germany, jobs and all.

job:
- its hard (nearly impossible) to find a job without speaking german fluently
- if u have (later in ur studies) the chance to get job at the university (hiwi) or in the feald u are studding (werksstuden) do it because u will lern much and it looks good in ur curriculum vitae
- try to work as less as possible because it will prolong ur studies

money:
- u will need at least 650 euro a moth (in expensiv cities more)
- if u have less u should try find a flat-sharing community or student hostel room
- a flat will cost around 300 euro (water and heating costs included) + 30 electricity + 20 internet + 18 gema = 368 (in expensiv cities more)
- for food u should calculate around 6-9euro/day

11. Just give your opinion on these claims below
by indicating with an Agree (A), Neutral (N) or
Disagree (D)
a. Germans are cold
b. They hate late coming
c. They are racist
D. They don't have time for chitchat
E. They are introverts
F. They love beer
G. they don't know how to queue(A)

a. (N)
b. (N)
c. (D)
D. (A)
E. (N)
F. (A)(A)(A)(A)(A)(A) grin
G. (A)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Thanks @graciousme......You got my point clearly. I funded the account more than the amount demanded.....Just in case.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
graciousme:

I understand where Abubakar is coming from. The account opening letter actually stated 7908. Then add 50euros of bank charges. I think since the letter stated 7908...
B4 filling my form I actually mailed the embassy and they replied 7908.
But then wisdom is profitable to direct. Its best to put more than less so as to avoid unnecessary delay.
I stand corrected.
My 2kobo
thats not true. The account opening form stated 8040 euros Clearly. Check the form again.
You only see the 7908 euros on the German embassy website.
Since the inception of this thread nobody has ever gotten visa with 7908.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
naijaobi:

thats not true. The account opening form stated 8040 euros Clearly. Check the form again.
You only see the 7908 euros on the German embassy website.
Since the inception of this thread nobody has ever gotten visa with 7908.

That's why I contacted the embassy and asked for clarification. But all the same like I said earlier it's best to fund 8040 above.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
Belly213:
@HARTZIV

Ur elaboration is very clear......
I am enjoying it.....still waiting for others.....wowwww....I really like the Fachhoschule make I no bite my tongue...
Please what does "berg" , "schule" "sch" etc.......they are so common in their words, names, places etc....thanks

"sch" in german is like the "sh" in english
schule - school

berg - mountain many citiey or places are named after a mountain
burg - castle
brück - short form of bridge
--> many cities or places in germany are named after a mountains, castles or bridges
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Embassy stated 7908 as the minimum plus 50 Euro. But I fund it with 8300, which is ok.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:
Embassy stated 7908 as the minimum plus 50 Euro. But I fund it with 8300, which is ok.
it is more than okay
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:

@aBukaka have you received confirmation of your account funding?

@naijaobi is it possible to get confirmation of funding with less than 8090Euros?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TeamclicksAir: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
nevilbot:
Will be travelling today by 10pm via Turkish airline. Booked one way, just hope the immigrations won't give me probs with DAT cus wakanow agent who booked me was complaining about the one way. Guys WO travelled one way recently, wat was ur experience like cus her reservation was DAT its a 3 months visa doe I explain to her its a student visa .
you are good to go so long your programme exceeds a year.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Not yet. The second batch of the fund will be transferred by tomorrow.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
@HARTZIV, saying that you did a fantastic job is a big understatement.
The statement of recognition and due appreciation, lies in my next post
..........coming soon after the break
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
But @naijaobi and @graciousme....If I make a mistake, please correct me. On the Form for account opening, I typed 7908 to be blocked in my account. Seeing it in the Embassy website as the minimum. Now, am funding it with 8300. I think I should be good to go. But if am wrong, what should I do ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
HARTZIV:

i would guess there are about 10% international
in courses in english there might be more

i cant say much about the integration problem because i live in germany almost my whole life
maybe the different mentality might be a problem:
- many germany say what they think grin
- many of them seem to be emotionally cold and unapproachable to people they dont know but are very nice, open and loyal to the people they know (their friends, their group)

its hard to tell because i dont know the standard of nigerian universitys but i think its harder than in most other eu counrys (like france, spainor portugal), specially the engeneering, natural science and math courses
the failure rate of the hard tests like math, technical machanic and thermodynamics used to be between 45% and 65% in many universitys.
i think the german system is much more focused on calculating exercises and dicribing problems with the mathematical formalism than lerning facts compared to other coutrys (but that assessment is not based on my own experience cause i only know how it is in germany)

drinking too often and too much grin
and if someone has to work too much it will reduce his studding performance because studding is a fulltime job here (specially if u want to finish in the standard period of study)

i think there is a good chance but it all depends on the character of the person (like everywere else in the world) but if its much more common for students in germany to have girlfrinds/boyfriends compared to nigeria
(its nearly impossible to find a girl/boy in germany wo wants to be a virgin till marriage grin)

1. smartphoe
2. tablet or laptop (for students)
3. warm clothes
4. dont know
5. dont know

job:
- its hard (nearly impossible) to find a job without speaking german fluently
- if u have (later in ur studies) the chance to get job at the university (hiwi) or in the feald u are studding (werksstuden) do it because u will lern much and it looks good in ur curriculum vitae
- try to work as less as possible because it will prolong ur studies

money:
- u will need at least 650 euro a moth (in expensiv cities more)
- if u have less u should try find a flat-sharing community or student hostel room
- a flat will cost around 300 euro (water and heating costs included) + 30 electricity + 20 internet + 18 gema = 368 (in expensiv cities more)
- for food u should calculate around 6-9euro/day

a. (N)
b. (N)
c. (D)
D. (A)
E. (N)
F. (A)(A)(A)(A)(A)(A) grin
G. (A)

From an ajebutter's point of view, this is one of the most detailed exposition on this thread. You just added great value to the thread, answering everything with an analytical detail.
You are a great guy.
All on the show rises to give you a standing ovation for you have maintained the standard and tradition.

Well on the other hand, I, @Eke40seven being an opportunistic ajepako grin, I got some sketchy info that the students (including international students) in Germany can register with the state where they are schooling for something i don't know yet and get paid for it. Its not clear.
Any idea

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
dolpaz:

Guy, I cant seem to see where to download this on Goethe website..
It seems you need to have a login credentials..
U have a mail anyway ! undecided

Took a while to search again, Anyways never say never and you do not need a log in ID or anything of sort.
So here is the link: http://www.goethe.de/lrn/prj/pba/bes/enindex.htm
On that page, click on the corresponding level you wish to download i.e SD1 for A1 and so on as seen in the red doodles. On the next page click on practice material and information and "la voila" you are ready for downloading. Gemeinsam wir sind stark

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
HARTZIV:

Magdeburg is in the east of germany (not the finest place grin)

Boss,can you please throw more light on your statement/declaration?
otto van guirrecke university,magdeburg happens to be one of my prospective institutions, so i'm kinda curious.
thanks

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Gracely7th(f): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hy suxes
please can you tell me the student visa requirement for germany and finland respectively? What does block account mean?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:
Can someone fund the Blocked account a little more than 7908 Euro ?.....Any consequences ?

...yes you can fund with any amount, the excess amount will not be blocked by you can withdraw that anytime.
Block amt-8040EUR, charges 50EUR
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
giftwalter:

I think you are the one asking this question and may not really be your friend. Be straight forward and you will get support.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
graciousme:

@aBukaka have you received confirmation of your account funding?

@naijaobi is it possible to get confirmation of funding with less than 8090Euros?

yes u will.. Even if u fund 100 euros.. But u need at least 8040 for embassy to issue you visa.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
To God be the glory! I arrived Bremen, Germany this afternoon.. I must commend Turkish airlines for their hospitality.. Germany is truly cold at night.. i wish all visa expectant the very best of luck.. @Realk1, i don enter town oooo wink cool smiley

May God bless us all!

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
ABUkAkA:
But @naijaobi and @graciousme....If I make a mistake, please correct me. On the Form for account opening, I typed 7908 to be blocked in my account. Seeing it in the Embassy website as the minimum. Now, am funding it with 8300. I think I should be good to go. But if am wrong, what should I do ?
dnt worry bro. Once u fund at least 8040 euros, u have no problems. What u wrote in the form doesnt matter.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.