Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885722 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dafa(m): 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:

Ok, so basically the training is related to the job you are doing now and your company is supporting you?

The training is related to what I studied in school, the company in Germany is sponsoring me not the firm I work for in nigeria.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
ibnakogun:
ekes baba I hail you. I thought you said in one of your previous post, that it takes one week for nipost at the airport in Lagos to deliver consignment. is it at the international or local airport?? and what is the cost of the service... thanks in anticipation for your answer.
Hi,
The International office
N350-450, give or take N50 in that range.
Yeah, it takes 6-7 working days give or take 1 day in that range, I can't remember exactly.
Its faster there (international office) than when posted at their office because they too still have to sort, before taking it to the regional head office and then to the same international airport.
Hope that answers your question.
Good luck!
dojo12:

hi, many thanks for the info but I wish to ask further,as I posted earlier I was born in Germany by a Nigerian parent, does this stand as a plus in getting the visa for me and my family applying(3)? also what benefit can I get as regard my place of birth eg residency, citizenship or tourist visa, note my age(42).lastly, my wife is a homemaker,is this ok?

I 'm not too vast in that aspect though.
However, am sure the number and 'quality' of places you have travelled to within the last 24 months is highly advantageous in getting you a visa.
The fact that you were born in Germany should logically give you an edge. However, it will even be of greater advantage if your close family were the ones inviting you because that stands as a very good point of reference in showing relationship.

I think since you are the head, whatever you have should cover for your family and wife. Although, the burden of proof that your financial status and capacity will well cater and provide for her lack of it is on you.

You can also seek counsel from Justwise since he has braced his honourable presence on this thread and I hope others too can add their bit too in order to keep you better informed.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dafa:

The training is related to what I studied in school, the company in Germany is sponsoring me not the firm I work for in nigeria.

ethan78:
Hello House, ( @ vicjustice , justwise )
A reputable Engineering company in Germany is inviting me for a training in January next year. They are going to sponsor me with everything including my Insurance, flight ticket and Hotel Accommodation.
I just want the house to advice me on what supporting documents u might have to submit to the German embassy or does it just require me to submit my passport alone. Am really new to visa application and I wld be hurt to be denied or not available for the training that wld last for 3 weeks Next year.
I hope to get replies asap.
Ethan.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dafa:

I am just a little curious as to why you are making
enquiries about same topic with double accounts.
Pardon my inquisitiveness but it looks a little fishy.
Anyway, please desist from this line of action you
are about to take as it is very obvious it's an
"arrangee". It makes no sense for a company whom
you do not work for to invest so much on a person
who is not an employee. Obviously, it looks
extremely fraudulent as am I so sure you will get
fake documents from the so called "reputable
company" and present to the embassy which
obviously will result in a straight denial and ban. So
please and please, if this is your plight, put a
spanner in the works now and go the legit way so as
not to block the way for genuine applicants.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
ethan78:
Hello House, ( @ vicjustice , justwise )
A reputable Engineering company in Germany is inviting me for a training in January next year. They are going to sponsor me with everything including my Insurance, flight ticket and Hotel Accommodation.
I just want the house to advice me on what supporting documents u might have to submit to the German embassy or does it just require me to submit my passport alone. Am really new to visa application and I wld be hurt to be denied or not available for the training that wld last for 3 weeks Next year.
I hope to get replies asap.
Ethan.

Dafa:

I just finished nysc, I just started working last month.

Dafa:

Wasted my time writing very lengthy reply then realized that you are using two different IDs to reply me....had to delete my posts....thanks for wasting my time.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello House,

Please help me thank God. I have been cleared by the German Embassy. Below is a copy of the letter I sent to them after my appeal was unsuccessful and the response I just got today from them as well:

MY LETTER TO THEM ON MONDAY

The above refers. I hereby acknowledge receipt of your letter dated October 22, 2014 regarding my appeal filed on October 14, 2014.

Upon a thorough perusal of same, I have some reservations regarding the basis of the decision and I would like to react accordingly in order to set the records straight for future reference.

I had my interview on October 2nd, 2014, a day after the Nigerian Independence Holiday and not October 7th, 2014 as suggested in your letter. In view of this, I am of the opinion that a timely decision could still have been made on my application by the Aliens’ Authority having jurisdiction over Frankfurt (Oder) in Brandenburg if my application was forwarded to them in the first place, taking into consideration the fact that I had been granted an extension for enrollment by my host institution and as a matter of fact, I have already started reading ahead of class since I have an idea of the course structure and resuming 2 weeks after commencement of lectures wouldn’t have caused me any harm as I am very familiar with International Law as I undertook same as elective courses during my undergraduate days in Lagos State University, Ojo.

To this extent, I would be right to say that the Visa Officer was already biased and prejudicial towards my visa application on account of the defects on my International Passport as I am very much aware that most student visa applicants usually obtain their visas within 2-4 weeks after the interview date and the 4 weeks time frame still falls within the month of October as the 6-8 weeks processing time in your letter is the maximum waiting period as I was also told by Mrs. Renee the day I was at the Embassy to certify my signature for the block account opening only to get the account details from Deutsche Bank exactly 2 weeks after and not 6 or 8 weeks after.

Moving forward, on the initial rejection letter, it was stated that my International Passport contained “false visas as well as fake exit/entry stamps” and is therefore not visa-compatible. However, in your letter in response to my appeal, the Israeli visa and exit/entry stamps is being mentioned and nothing was mentioned about the South African visa and the entry/exit stamps being fake and I want to believe the Israeli visa was not the only visa that was referred to in the rejection letter as “visas” which lends credence to my initial statement in my appeal that the matter is being exaggerated and unnecessarily blown out of proportion so as to put me in a bad light which is not fair enough.

Like I stated in my appeal, I am willing to do all that is necessary within the ambit of the law and established procedures to get a replacement for my International Passport so I can be able to use it in the future without going through all these hassles with any embassy. Moreso, I have been communicating with European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) on the possibility of deferring my admission until Summer semester 2015. However, 2(Two) questions are still begging for an answer viz:

I made a humble request for my International Passport in my appeal so as to enable me apply for a replacement but in your letter addressing same, no mention was made about the whereabouts of my International Passport and whether or not my request has or will be granted and it gives me a lot of concern as I do not want to be unnecessarily milked and stressed while trying to get a replacement due to the circumstances surrounding my case if they (Nigerian Immigration) are made aware of my case.

I would also like to know the penalty my passport has attracted under the German Residence Law since it was not explicitly stated anywhere in either the rejection letter or the letter in response to my appeal.

It is trite law that if a particular law proscribes a particular act as an offence, that same law must necessarily spell out the punishment for such an offence. Having said this, I would like to know if my case has attracted any ban whatsoever and if yes, for how long?
With this information, I will know the next course of action, which will be either to defer my admission until summer semester 2015 or request for a refund of the tuition fee and the money in the blocked account with Deutsche Bank so I look elsewhere for my LL.M Degree.

I look forward to your usual co-operation.

Yours sincerely,

THEIR RESPONSE TO MY LETTER

Dear Sir,

I hereby confirm receipt of your letter dated 27 October 2014 with regard to your student visa application at the German Consulate General.

Please note that the processing time for student visa applications is indeed 6-8 weeks and not 2-4 weeks as stated by you. I do not know who informed you about this processing only taking two weeks, but it is not correct. It also is in no means related to your opening of the blocked account with Deutsche Bank, which may have been done in two weeks. However, this is the sole responsibility of Deutsche Bank, not ours.

The letter handed out to you along with our refusal letter clearly stating that your passport is going to be transferred to the competent passport authority in Ikeja, Lagos, contact details:

Comptroller of Immigration Service
Nigerian Immigration Service
Passpotz Command
Ikeja G.R.A. – Lagos
It also stated that passports are transferred to Immigration Service at the end of the month, so your passport should reach the above mentioned office shortly. You are requested to contact them for further procedure.

Please be informed that no entry ban has been imposed on you. It will be possible for you to re-apply for student visa for summer semester 2015 to study at a German university if you wish to do so.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours

Visa Section

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany - Lagos -

Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
@esdajo, I sincerely feel what you have been through, it can be tormenting not knowing ones fate...but God will see you through.
Thank God you have crossed through one significant part of the huddle, you will breeze through the rest and still get back on track to achieve what you want to achieve. which is really a honourable course.
God shall heed to your calls and compensate you fully for lost time and efforts while also granting you the ability to overtake.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Eke40seven:

Hi,
The International office
N350-450, give or take N50 in that range.
Yeah, it takes 6-7 working days give or take 1 day in that range, I can't remember exactly.
Its faster there (international office) than when posted at their office because they too still have to sort, before taking it to the regional head office and then to the same international airport.
Hope that answers your question.
Good luck!

I 'm not too vast in that aspect though.

However, am sure the number and 'quality' of places you have travelled to within the last 24 months is highly advantageous in getting you a visa.
The fact that you were born in Germany should logically give you an edge. However, it will even be of greater advantage if your close family were the ones inviting you because that stands as a very good point of reference in showing relationship.

I think since you are the head, whatever you have should cover for your family and wife. Although, the burden of proof that your financial status and capacity will well cater and provide for her lack of it is on you.

You can also seek counsel from Justwise since he has braced his honourable presence on this thread and I hope others too can add their bit too in order to keep you better informed.

abeg will i find this same NIPOST international office at abuja airport
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
mhen scholarships full fh munster oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2014
I went to Nipost yesterday to send my application and I was asked if I would want it registered or unregistered and I asked them d differences btwn d two and dey said that registered can b tracked but d receiver will come to their office and collect the application buh if it's unregistered, it can't b tracked buh it will b delivered to the exact address written on the envelope, So, I ended up using unregistered. So, my question is how reliable z unregistered nipost mailing? becos I have exactly two week to deliver the application to d school before their closing date which z 15th November. please is there any hope at all? and it's ENUGU NIPOST dat used, please an urgent reply will b highly appreciated, Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2014
Please house, any suggestions? I posted my application documents via EMS speed post as I read in this forum it takes 5 working days even when I got there the receptionist said the same thing. I posted it since 14th October at 8,200 naira that day because FedEx had closed. Can you believe that since I have been tracking it is still showing 'item in bag' since 14th. I emailed the school they said they have not received it. I have called customers care a hundred times -yes! they keep tell me its going through security checks. They know my number now so they have stopped picking. for Pete's sake its 17 days already and my deadline is getting close...I am agitated don't know what to do.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2014
@esdajo

To study law good oo. Ur letter to them was well structured, no nonsence, well detailed....the man self could not give u answers to all your accusations. I feel that the accusations was really blown out of proportion and it is good as you told them.....I wish you the best and just know that God can make the best out of the worst. He can turn ur mess to mercy, ur rejection to acceptation if only you commit yourself sincerely to his will and purpose.....all the best once again.

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
"a) Evidence of a first qualification permitting entry into a profession (Bachelor or Diploma from a university or similar foreign higher education institution) with at least the average grade of ”Good” (2,3) (ECTS Grade A to B-) in a subject relevant to the PEET Master course.

Applicants who have completed a sixterm Bachelor course with 180 ECTS Credit Points must provide evidence of a relevant industrial practical placement lasting at least 20 weeks prior to the course as well as submitting a written scientific report on it in English."

Mehn and brethren... Since I studied for my bachelor in chemical engineering for five years, which of the following paragraphs apply to me
The first or the second?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dojo12: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Eke40seven:

Dear sir,
I'm not too vast in that aspect of visa issuance, but one thing I can tell you is this, if you meet all the requirements, you will surely get your visa. Again, with all these factors you mentioned to your advantage, you have a better chance than someone who doesn't have them at all.
Now, how to you start?
It is pertinent that you make serious research on their requirements. cover every aspect of what they require and prepare thoroughly for the interview after gathering all the likely questions you may be asked.
..I will help you out in my little way on that path once I subscribe to my internet bundle.
God bless you.
justwise read in copy and pls help in your expertise. thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dojo12: 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Eke40seven:

Dear sir,
I'm not too vast in that aspect of visa issuance, but one thing I can tell you is this, if you meet all the requirements, you will surely get your visa. Again, with all these factors you mentioned to your advantage, you have a better chance than someone who doesn't have them at all.
Now, how to you start?
It is pertinent that you make serious research on their requirements. cover every aspect of what they require and prepare thoroughly for the interview after gathering all the likely questions you may be asked.
..I will help you out in my little way on that path once I subscribe to my internet bundle.
God bless you.
thanks for the info, as you said,still waiting for the d additional info. JUSTWISE read in copy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
ogompaul:
I went to Nipost yesterday to send my application and I was asked if I would want it registered or unregistered and I asked them d differences btwn d two and dey said that registered can b tracked but d receiver will come to their office and collect the application buh if it's unregistered, it can't b tracked buh it will b delivered to the exact address written on the envelope, So, I ended up using unregistered. So, my question is how reliable z unregistered nipost mailing? becos I have exactly two week to deliver the application to d school before their closing date which z 15th November. please is there any hope at all? and it's ENUGU NIPOST dat used, please an urgent reply will b highly appreciated, Thanks.

Guy by using unregistered nipost u can kiss ur admission good bye cus u just used ur own hand to do ursef after many post on this thread talking about this issue. Do you think Nigeria post system works like Germany DAT dey will tell them to come pick letters in Germany? Letters are delivered to your door in advanced countries eida registered or not but the fact u used unregistered simply means the letter will not get there before Nov 15. When people like eke40seven keep shouting that u should read previous post u will think he is being rude. Guy pray for luck sha ooo

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
dojo12:

hi, many thanks for the info but I wish to ask further,as I posted earlier I was born in Germany by a Nigerian parent, does this stand as a plus in getting the visa for me and my family applying(3)? also what benefit can I get as regard my place of birth eg residency, citizenship or tourist visa, note my age(42).lastly, my wife is a homemaker,is this ok?

dojo12:

thanks for the info, as you said,still waiting for the d additional info. JUSTWISE read in copy

1.Have you applied for German visa before?

2. Are you parents still living in Germany?

3. Do you work or own a business in Nigeria?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dojo12: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
justwise:

1.Have you applied for German visa before?

2. Are you parents still living in Germany?

3. Do you work or own a business in Nigeria?

I have applied b4 was granted one week and at the airport wen abt to check in, an officer intercept meet n ask my purpose n said he was not satisfied wit d purpose of my trip n referred me to d embassy n later cancelled d Visa but have applied n being denied once afterward,all tis was wen i applied alone but now i wish to apply wit my family n they might not tink d same way as of b4 right? nd to ur second question, my parent live in Nigeria, my dad was a student at that time, I work (6 years now wit my coy) nd co owner of a biz with my brother a registerrd coy wit CAC,these are part of d doc I use to get my uk visa wit my family. note I and my immidate family have on our passport visas n trips of Togo,Benin,ghana,south Africa(twice visit), and 6 months n 2 years uk visa. what is our chances?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
dojo12:

I have applied b4 was granted one week and at the airport wen abt to check in, an officer intercept meet n ask my purpose n said he was not satisfied wit d purpose of my trip n referred me to d embassy n later cancelled d Visa but have applied n being denied once afterward,all tis was wen i applied alone but now i wish to apply wit my family n they might not tink d same way as of b4 right? nd to ur second question, my parent live in Nigeria, my dad was a student at that time, I work (6 years now wit my coy) nd co owner of a biz with my brother a registerrd coy wit CAC,these are part of d doc I use to get my uk visa wit my family. note I and my immidate family have on our passport visas n trips of Togo,Benin,ghana,south Africa(twice visit), and 6 months n 2 years uk visa. what is our chances?

Ok..what has changed from the last time you applied? Were you married then, working and own a business as it's now?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
Belly213:
@esdajo

To study law good oo. Ur letter to them was well structured, no nonsence, well detailed....the man self could not give u answers to all your accusations. I feel that the accusations was really blown out of proportion and it is good as you told them.....I wish you the best and just know that God can make the best out of the worst. He can turn ur mess to mercy, ur rejection to acceptation if only you commit yourself sincerely to his will and purpose.....all the best once again.

To God be the glory as from Him flows all wisdom. Nobody should ascribe victory to him/herself but to God Almighty. I appreciate everyone who contributed in one way or the other to encourage me to fight the battle and at last, God won it for me.

Now time to get a new passport and defer my admission until summer. Thanks to you all once more. I remain very appreciative of all your contributions which was by no means meagre.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
nevilbot:

Guy by using unregistered nipost u can kiss ur admission good bye cus u just used ur own hand to do ursef after many post on this thread talking about this issue. Do you think Nigeria post system works like Germany DAT dey will tell them to come pick letters in Germany? Letters are delivered to your door in advanced countries eida registered or not but the fact u used unregistered simply means the letter will not get there before Nov 15. When people like eke40seven keep shouting that u should read previous post u will think he is being rude. Guy pray for luck sha ooo
for unregistered mail it will take about 3weeks maximum,it will reach Germany, Nigerian postal system has changed for good, I used Nipost unregistered to sent a letter to Sweden, the letter reach sweden after 2weeks and 4days. Posted the letter in surulere office in lagos and it is not registered. The letter may not reach by November 15th because it is less than 3weeks.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Rayhut:

for unregistered mail it will take about 3weeks maximum,it will reach Germany, Nigerian postal system has changed for good, I used Nipost unregistered to sent a letter to Sweden, the letter reach sweden after 2weeks and 4days. Posted the letter in surulere office in lagos and it is not registered. The letter may not reach by November 15th because it is less than 3weeks.

And same way,that unregistered letter may not even arrive destination untill about 3 months..i've experienced this before ok? So,the point is,use registered services cos, that would arrive on time(10working days) as i've experienced that. Therefore, I can say thayt, the competence of the so-called Nipost isn't what we should theorize but still should still remain an 'uncertainty' as today they cud deliver fast and tomorrow,they may not. My 2 spoons.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Rayhut:

Thanks to u dear, for ds glimpse of hope. I pray God help me nd my mail. One Love!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
hello house,am about to apply for masters in biochemistry, any LMU or cottegne university applicant or student in the house, pls i need your further explanation on english requirement, because even after visiting their website am still unclear. I have a proof of english proficiency from my university. Do i need to take any test of english exam or the proof from my school is sufficent for my application. Pls come to aid......thanks for your anticipated response
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house,am about to apply for masters in biochemistry, any LMU or cottegne university applicant or student in the house, pls i need your further explanation on english requirement, because even after visiting their website am still unclear. I have a proof of english proficiency from my university. Do i need to take any test of english exam or the proof from my school is sufficent for my application. Pls come to aid......thanks for your anticipated response

Hi bro... LMU will accept a proficiency letter from your school stating dat d medium of instruction nd communication is english BUT LMU insist dat all applicants (both local & international) must write an entrance exam and there is no waiver for the exam. #No Exam, No admission#. Mind you, the exam takes place ONLY in Germany.

Which school is Cottegne university?? Check maybe the spelling is not correct. Neva heard about d school and couldnt find itbon google.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 11:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=XpensiveT post=27623735]

Hi bro... LMU will accept a proficiency letter from your school stating dat d medium of instruction nd communication is english BUT LMU insist dat all applicants (both local & international) must write an entrance exam and there is no waiver for the exam. #No Exam, No admission#. Mind you, the exam takes place ONLY in Germany.

Which school is Cottegne university?? Check maybe the spelling is not correct. Neva heard about d school and couldnt find itbon google.

Thanks bro for ur apt response, i mean cottobus university, not cottegne. So there is no way i can further with lmu application because of their test or how will i go about it, more so i wont mind if you can give me schools that offer msc in any bioscience courses, english taught,that accept proof of english proficiency.

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.