Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884320 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 6:12am On Oct 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

I will answer your questions in the most civil way possible but am not gonna do justice to the whole questions if I don't chip in this observation. You have not really digested what you read on the thread and you have not done any personal search as advised.
I will be spoonfeeding you by answering the questions because all the answers are on the pages of uni assist.
but whichever way, it will be answered but do some personal research yourself.

1.You pay a certain amount for the first application and registration and subsequent smaller amount for corresponding number of subsequent schools you are choosing. I can't remember the exact amount now for the first and subsequent ones, check uni assist.

2. Also boldly written on their website. In most cases, the application is not by choice, courses and schools under uni-assist will specifically ask you to apply through them or nothing. However, the major benefit is that they act as your agent in getting admission and one set of document is enough to apply to as many school as possible.

3. I think you will have to. check their website, the guidelines are there.

4. phew! it depends on the school. Check the deadline for the school you are applying to. A few has closed many have started and some have not opened. check DAAD for the deadlines of the school you selected.

Hope thy question are answered.

Fare thee well.
thanks a lot
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 7:01am On Oct 29, 2014
hollaytan:
Hello house , have gone through the previous threads but for the purpose of better understanding and enlightment have got some questions.. Am thinking of appying for summer admission through uni-assist,
1. I want to knw if single payment I make covers multiple application to diffferent univ or I will have to pay per application?
2. What are the benefits of applying through uni-assits,
3. Do I have to send a single certified copy of my documents
4. Can I still meet up for March/april admission.
Please I will be highly appreciative if my questions ate kindly answered............thanks to u all

READ, READ, READ!! It has been said time and time again that German Education involves a great deal of individual work/research. Even American Exchange students studying there were shocked at the intensity of individual research work. Point being ,If American Educated students were shocked at this, what do you think those from Nigeria will do. So the earlier you inculcate the attitude of reading, the better for you.
Go to Uni-assist Official website and search out the answers to your questions (1-3). It's there in black and White or read a few pages back of this thread.
As for your number 4, you can only get that from your intended school of study. Search for schools using daad and check for their application deadlines. I will advise you to hurry because most of their deadlines have already elapsed.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2014
SimplyAlfy:
Pls waiting on answers to this(from different contributors will be so appreciated).Thanks a bunch to all the awesomes.

The rate at which people are lackadaisical towards reading is becoming alarming. The answer to your question is already on the page of your post. But,of course you did not know because you didn't READ!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 7:17am On Oct 29, 2014
All necessary documents, together with the duly signed printout of your online application, must be sent to the University of Münster before the end of the relevant application period. The following documents are required:

◾Foreign school-leaving certificate
◾Bachelor’s certificate
◾CV containing no gaps
◾Evidence of adequate knowledge of German

Good day my ogas,
i want to know what could serve as a foreign school-leaving certificate for a nigerian as listed among the requirements for master program applicants

Regards
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2014
igwejay:
All necessary documents, together with the duly signed printout of your online application, must be sent to the University of Münster before the end of the relevant application period. The following documents are required:

◾Bachelor’s certificate
◾CV containing no gaps

Good day my ogas,
i want to know what could serve as a foreign school-leaving certificate for a nigerian as listed among the requirements for master program applicants

Regards

It means your Waec and most times your first school leaving certificate also...I know you don't understand German, so why bother to apply even after seeing the fourth option listed. adequate knowledge of German I think is at least B2. you don't wanna be in a classroom where you don't understand go or come.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2014
CaptJHMiller:

Please, what documents constitute the 6 docs, that will cost #1200 to certify. I can only think of 3.

Statement if result
Transcript
Waec

What other documents please? Thanks

Birth certificate...
Internship certificate..
Any other original certificate
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:59am On Oct 29, 2014
hollaytan:
Hello house , have gone through the previous threads but for the purpose of better understanding and enlightment have got some questions.. Am thinking of appying for summer admission through uni-assist,
1. I want to knw if single payment I make covers multiple application to diffferent univ or I will have to pay per application?
Please I will be highly appreciative if my questions ate kindly answered............thanks to u all

Visit the FAQ section of uni assist website
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 10:00am On Oct 29, 2014
CaptJHMiller:

Please, what documents constitute the 6 docs, that will cost #1200 to certify. I can only think of 3.

Statement if result
Transcript
Waec

Birth certificate...
Internship certificate..
Any other original certificate
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

The fact that people who had previously gone have not run back here reporting that they were chased back because they couldn't fulfil their financial requirements shows you the kind of country Germany is. Just like you, most people are on their own. You should be one sending back home self. Na you suppose double the money self. You dey worry about how the thing go diminish. You no be proper naija guy?
One thing I know is..If all these people have gone are still there legally and surviving and prospering, yours will not be different whether they require you to deposit the money every year or not.

Just go there and make sure you relate with people there already and you will be fine, however, a caveat is there for those who are super lazy and not ready to sweat.

My two cowries

Yes bossss!!!
Naija no de dull grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2014
Ndyoo:
It means your Waec and most times your first school leaving certificate also...I know you don't understand German, so why bother to apply even after seeing the fourth option listed. adequate knowledge of German I think is at least B2. you don't wanna be in a classroom where you don't understand go or come.

the course i aam applying is 100% english

thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2014
hollaytan:
1.The single payment suffice for all application.e.g if u r applying to 3 schools,u pay 75euro for d 1st application and 15euro for theremaining 2,so uwill be paying a total of 105euro.
2.Uni-assist evaluates ur docs and send to schools whc u applied to. They only require a single set of documents for several university applications.my oga @ d top cld add theirs
3.U only nid to send a single set of docs to uni-assist.
4. Just ensure u meet up wit d deadline I.e urdocs must get to the sch u applied or uni-assist(if u are applying thru uni-assist).
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
igwejay:

◾Bachelor’s certificate
◾CV containing no gaps

Good day my ogas,

Regards

Ndyoo made a valid point in pointing out the fourth requirement you listed.
Check well, if the school are compulsorily asking for a German language proficiency without any special waiver or consideration then you must provide it. No go waste your money o.
CHECK well.
My two cowries.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
please am applying to FUAS through uni assist pls how do i translate my cert into german
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
igwejay:

◾Bachelor’s certificate
◾CV containing no gaps

Good day my ogas,

Regards

please could u trow more light on what u meant by CV containing no gaps, please. One Love!!.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by victz: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
Please, when I say guide I don't mean spoon feeding ooo! I just need an experienced friend that can guide me through the apllication process. I forgot to state that am new here despite the fact that I've been reading comments on this thread for a while. This is my first time of participating on this forum. Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
CaptJHMiller:

Statement if result
Transcript
Waec

shocked shocked shocked...-in mr Ibu's voice...captJH miller is dat u or someone cloned ur account

Una well done o... grin grin...Eke047 more grease to ur greasy elbow....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
My brothers and sisters who have been praying for me. I called my cousin and he is in the foreigners office right now. He said he is ironing out serious issues with them and I just pray it turns out positive though..as he has received the old letter I gave him..May God grant me favour, that's my prayer..

I also pray for those encountering one difficult situation or the other. God will never leave you to fight your battles alone.
IJN!

Your favour is non negotiable. It will surely turn out positive in Jesus name. Busy with exams, that is why I have been away for a while. We all await the good news from you. I salute the general house; may the Lord crown our effort and sanction our heart desires in Jesus name. Shalom

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
honourableseyi:

Your favour is non negotiable. It will surely turn out positive in Jesus name. Busy with exams, that is why I have been away for a while. We all await the good news from you. I salute the general house; may the Lord crown our effort and sanction our heart desires in Jesus name. Shalom
bro o need your help and advice about noun ooo please can I get your email or pin please.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
My brothers and sisters who have been praying for me. I called my cousin and he is in the foreigners office right now. He said he is ironing out serious issues with them and I just pray it turns out positive though..as he has received the old letter I gave him..May God grant me favour, that's my prayer..

I also pray for those encountering one difficult situation or the other. God will never leave you to fight your battles alone.
IJN!
Thank God for touching his hrt,bro just start arranging small small cos I smell germo all around you.please no forget us oo#teamwinter2015.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kennycanny: 12:45am On Oct 30, 2014
Pls generally speaking, is Nipost reliable to deliver my transcript within weeks. My school gave me option of using courier to send my transcript which ll cost about 13k each and I want to apply to about 4 schools. Cost of transcript is 5k each too. This money no easy. Anybody with experience on Nipost regular should advice pls.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 6:02am On Oct 30, 2014
kennycanny:
Pls generally speaking, is Nipost reliable to deliver my transcript within weeks. My school gave me option of using courier to send my transcript which ll cost about 13k each and I want to apply to about 4 schools. Cost of transcript is 5k each too. This money no easy. Anybody with experience on Nipost regular should advice pls.

You should have read at least 2 pages backward as full info about this was trashed. Anyway, you can use the Nipost regular but ensure it is registered so they could give you a tracking for it. Should arrive Germo within 10 working days approximately, cost between 450 - 1000Naira. Hope this helps..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kennycanny: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2014
DANNIEmore:

You should have read at least 2 pages backward as full info about this was trashed. Anyway, you can use the Nipost regular but ensure it is registered so they could give you a tracking for it. Should arrive Germo within 10 working days approximately, cost between 450 - 1000Naira. Hope this helps..

Thanks for your response, I actually read d last 2 pages u talked about but still have question.
Its my university that will send the transcript directly, they only invite someone using courier to come over to pay for it , and in d process he will have the tracking number, but as for Nipost, the school just send it like that, student will not have opportunity to register it. That's y I asked how reliable is Nipost on unregistered mail.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2014
kennycanny:

Thanks for your response, I actually read d last 2 pages u talked about but still have question.
Its my university that will send the transcript directly, they only invite someone using courier to come over to pay for it , and in d process he will have the tracking number, but as for Nipost, the school just send it like that, student will not have opportunity to register it. That's y I asked how reliable is Nipost on unregistered mail.

My school did the same (Lautech) and I was even sending to Finland then.I checked d price for FedEx and it was 12k told them abeg send it through nipost of 500 naira.12 days later, I got a mail from Finland DAT my transcript Don land. So Bros let dem send it with nipost. Dey av a tracking for it cus na registered dey use. I sincerely do not want the issue of nipost to appear on this thread again cus at present nipost is the only federal govt parastatal that has been rebranded and working effectively. If I have to send any document ten times over, nipost all the way. Even stuffs that I bought from China got to me through nipost not one of them was tampered with.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ethan78: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2014
Hello House, ( @ vicjustice , justwise )
A reputable Engineering company in Germany is inviting me for a training in January next year. They are going to sponsor me with everything including my Insurance, flight ticket and Hotel Accommodation.
I just want the house to advice me on what supporting documents u might have to submit to the German embassy or does it just require me to submit my passport alone. Am really new to visa application and I wld be hurt to be denied or not available for the training that wld last for 3 weeks Next year.
I hope to get replies asap.
Ethan.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2014
dojo12:

i am new here nd need some advice on visa issurance. see my question below,
I want you to advice me if I will be granted a visiting visa to gerrmany. though I have being refused twice b4 when i applied alone but now I wish to apply as a family(my wife and 2 years old daughter. we have travelled to Ghana,Benin, Togo,south Africa twice and London(with 6 months and a renewed 2years visa) all three of us have same visa as we have being travelling together ever since. note that I was born in Germany by a foreign parent and didn't get a German citizenship. I have lived all my life in Nigeria and I am 42years now. what is our chance?
Show message history
Dear sir,
It could have been way more helpful if the countries you travelled to include US, Canada or any Shengen countries within the last 24 months, although the UK there is an advantage.
However, this are the requirements for travel visa as provided on their site

Please note that the application will only be accepted when it is complete, i.e. when all the required documents are attached. Should there be documents missing the application will be rejected and the applicant has to apply afresh for a new appointment.
Checklist
Visa Application for Family Visits / Friend Visits
Every applicant is asked to provide one set of application documents. This set has to contain the following mandatory documents (original + one copy of each document) in this order:
• valid passport + color copy of its data page – only E-Passports can be accepted, no observations or renewals allowed
• for non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: copy of Nigerian residence permit
• 2 passport photos according to biometric specifications, one attached to application form and one loose (both identical photos)
• Schengen Visa Application Form plus questionnaire “§54 (6) AufenthG”
• travel health insurance
• flight reservation or copy of flight ticket including return flight
• if you are not staying with the person inviting you: confirmed hotel booking or proof of any other accommodation in Germany, no booking through a hotel booking portal is accepted
• color copy of all previous Schengen visas if applicable
• typed and signed sheet with the following information: name, d.o.b., place o.b., passport number, telephone number, email, postal address, contact in Germany (name and address)
• letter of introduction from employer
• leave letter from employer
• personal bank statements of the last three months (only bank statements that are stamped and signed are accepted)
• pay slips of the last three months
• guarantor`s form, issued by the Aliens Authority in Germany (signed by the inviting friend/

relative)
• copy of the inviting person's passport and page with the residence permit
• Marriage Certificate (issued by the marriage registry) or, if traditionally married only, „affidavit of facts“ plus wedding pictures
• NPC Birth Certificate/s of minor children even if they are not traveling
• for familiy visits only: proof of relationship: birth certificates of inviting relative in Germany (photocopy) and applicant (original and photocopy) – no affidavit or declaration of age accepted
If applicant is a minor:
• child´s NPC Birth Certificate
• letter of school confirming current enrolment and sanctioning leave of absence
• consent letter from both parents regarding child´s travel
• copy of parents` passports
• if one parent is deceased: Death Certificate
• if parents are divorced: Court Order regarding child´s custody
Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case
Please note you MUST submit the appropriate fee together with your application!
Find the info here: http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/3811526/Daten/3518225/checklist__visit_of_family_and_friends.pdf

As regards the interview questions, you should know this , from the little chit chat I had with an interviewee at the embassy
1. Facts about Germany
2. Very plausible reasons for travelling, e.g wedding, thanksgiving, etc
3. The relationship with your guest
4. Your profession
5. Your account, properties and other things that ties you to this country
6. Facts about the city where your host resides
7. Everything about your host from name, address, marital status, profession, place of work, income, etc

I will update the post when I remember more questions.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:54am On Oct 30, 2014
Veryplain:
bro o need your help and advice about noun ooo please can I get your email or pin please.

Sent
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ibnakogun: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2014
ekes baba I hail you. I thought you said in one of your previous post, that it takes one week for nipost at the airport in Lagos to deliver consignment. is it at the international or local airport?? and what is the cost of the service... thanks in anticipation for your answer.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2014
ethan78:
Hello House, ( @ vicjustice , justwise )
A reputable Engineering company in Germany is inviting me for a training in January next year. They are going to sponsor me with everything including my Insurance, flight ticket and Hotel Accommodation.
I just want the house to advice me on what supporting documents u might have to submit to the German embassy or does it just require me to submit my passport alone. Am really new to visa application and I wld be hurt to be denied or not available for the training that wld last for 3 weeks Next year.
I hope to get replies asap.
Ethan.

Do you work or run your own business in Nigeria?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dafa(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dojo12: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Eke40seven:

Dear sir,
It could have been way more helpful if the countries you travelled to include US, Canada or any Shengen countries within the last 24 months, although the UK there is an advantage.
However, this are the requirements for travel visa as provided on their site

Please note that the application will only be accepted when it is complete, i.e. when all the required documents are attached. Should there be documents missing the application will be rejected and the applicant has to apply afresh for a new appointment.
Checklist
Visa Application for Family Visits / Friend Visits
Every applicant is asked to provide one set of application documents. This set has to contain the following mandatory documents (original + one copy of each document) in this order:
• valid passport + color copy of its data page – only E-Passports can be accepted, no observations or renewals allowed
• for non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: copy of Nigerian residence permit
• 2 passport photos according to biometric specifications, one attached to application form and one loose (both identical photos)
• Schengen Visa Application Form plus questionnaire “§54 (6) AufenthG”
• travel health insurance
• flight reservation or copy of flight ticket including return flight
• if you are not staying with the person inviting you: confirmed hotel booking or proof of any other accommodation in Germany, no booking through a hotel booking portal is accepted
• color copy of all previous Schengen visas if applicable
• typed and signed sheet with the following information: name, d.o.b., place o.b., passport number, telephone number, email, postal address, contact in Germany (name and address)
• letter of introduction from employer
• leave letter from employer
• personal bank statements of the last three months (only bank statements that are stamped and signed are accepted)
• pay slips of the last three months
• guarantor`s form, issued by the Aliens Authority in Germany (signed by the inviting friend/

relative)
• copy of the inviting person's passport and page with the residence permit
• Marriage Certificate (issued by the marriage registry) or, if traditionally married only, „affidavit of facts“ plus wedding pictures
• NPC Birth Certificate/s of minor children even if they are not traveling
• for familiy visits only: proof of relationship: birth certificates of inviting relative in Germany (photocopy) and applicant (original and photocopy) – no affidavit or declaration of age accepted
If applicant is a minor:
• child´s NPC Birth Certificate
• letter of school confirming current enrolment and sanctioning leave of absence
• consent letter from both parents regarding child´s travel
• copy of parents` passports
• if one parent is deceased: Death Certificate
• if parents are divorced: Court Order regarding child´s custody
Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case
Please note you MUST submit the appropriate fee together with your application!
Find the info here: http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/3811526/Daten/3518225/checklist__visit_of_family_and_friends.pdf

As regards the interview questions, you should know this , from the little chit chat I had with an interviewee at the embassy
1. Facts about Germany
2. Very plausible reasons for travelling, e.g wedding, thanksgiving, etc
3. The relationship with your guest
4. Your profession
5. Your account, properties and other things that ties you to this country
6. Facts about the city where your host resides
7. Everything about your host from name, address, marital status, profession, place of work, income, etc

I will update the post when I remember more questions.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.
hi, many thanks for the info but I wish to ask further,as I posted earlier I was born in Germany by a Nigerian parent, does this stand as a plus in getting the visa for me and my family applying(3)? also what benefit can I get as regard my place of birth eg residency, citizenship or tourist visa, note my age(42).lastly, my wife is a homemaker,is this ok?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dafa:

I just finished nysc, I just started working last month.

Ok, so basically the training is related to the job you are doing now and your company is supporting you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.