Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885678 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 12:11am On Nov 01, 2014
@hollaytan... The LMU exam issh discouraged me too about d school buh if u think u can meet up with Nov 15 deadline, u can try Mannheim university of applied sciences. The skul offers MSc in Biotechnology. Am sure there ar still some skuls dat there deadline date is still far a lil bit. Use Daad nd am 100% sure u will get all u need.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2014
Please has anybody certified their documents in Abuja before? Please if you have, did it carry the emblem? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:45am On Nov 01, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Please has anybody certified their documents in Abuja before? Please if you have, did it carry the emblem? Thanks
I think you are mistaken on this issue of emblem. Its just an ordinary inked stamp bearing a coat of arm (in lay man language) in this case. Do you think they will put a special seal made of gold and diamond studs?
Upload the documents you notarized/legalised so we can have a look at it.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2014
XpensiveT:
@hollaytan... The LMU exam issh discouraged me too about d school buh if u think u can meet up with Nov 15 deadline, u can try Mannheim university of applied sciences. The skul offers MSc in Biotechnology. Am sure there ar still some skuls dat there deadline date is still far a lil bit. Use Daad nd am 100% sure u will get all u need.

thanks, i guess u are doing a similar course.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 01, 2014
XpensiveT:

Hi bro... LMU will accept a proficiency letter from your school stating dat d medium of instruction nd communication is english BUT LMU insist dat all applicants (both local & international) must write an entrance exam and there is no waiver for the exam. #No Exam, No admission#. Mind you, the exam takes place ONLY in Germany.

Which school is Cottegne university?? Check maybe the spelling is not correct. Neva heard about d school and couldnt find itbon google.

Please about the exam can you show me the links.......I'm waiting to apply mid November to LMU for Msc Geology and there is nothing of the sort. Please where did you get your info from?

http://www.en.geologie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/academics/degree_programs/master/applications.html
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 8:03am On Nov 01, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Yes it had an emblem of the Nigerian coat of arm like a seal engraved into the paper from d back but it was not in colours. The ministry of education will ist apply their seal on d original and two photocopies yle foreign affairs ministry will put their own seal on d photocopies only after they av seen d seal from d MOE.

To reply d person DAT ist replied u, the certification in abuja is not just an ordinary ink stamped thing ooo. No ink will even appear on the paper. Its a seal and den a signature of the person who puts d seal that will be on d certified documents and based on what I heard and made to believe wen I went dia for d process only 4 people can sign it in d whole of d ministry and if u take d documents to foreign affairs ministry with a diff signature from d four dey already know it will be rejected. All embassies accept this certification without exception cus it carrys d seal of d forieng affairs ministry. Na even Italian embassy even asked me to go do it dia cus that's d only certification dey accept as na uni of Trieste in Italy I ist get admission before baba God come say na germo I most come.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2014
nevilbot:

Yes it had an emblem of the Nigerian coat of arm like a seal engraved into the paper from d back but it was not in colours. The ministry of education will ist apply their seal on d original and two photocopies yle foreign affairs ministry will put their own seal on d photocopies only after they av seen d seal from d MOE.

To reply d person DAT ist replied u, the certification in abuja is not just an ordinary ink stamped thing ooo. No ink will even appear on the paper. Its a seal and den a signature of the person who puts d seal that will be on d certified documents and based on what I heard and made to believe wen I went dia for d process only 4 people can sign it in d whole of d ministry and if u take d documents to foreign affairs ministry with a diff signature from d four dey already know it will be rejected. All embassies accept this certification without exception cus it carrys d seal of d forieng affairs ministry. Na even Italian embassy even asked me to go do it dia cus that's d only certification dey accept as na uni of Trieste in Italy I ist get admission before baba God come say na germo I most come.
So you ate saying I have to go to ministry of education first to certify, then foreign affairs ministry to complete the certification of the same document? Please how much did this cost you? And how long?

And why do they have to touch my original?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2014
nevilbot:

Hi nevilbot,
I didn't reply xketchDesigns based on the enquiries he made about the format in Abuja (I don't know what theirs look like) but my answer is in respect to previous strings of enquiries he made and I responded to. And even as a matter of fact, the authority he will eventually use in Abuja either court or ministry may have different materials for certification but either will be accepted if the requested formats are right.
Before now, he said he had done one in Nassarawa or one state in the north or middle belt and that it bore only a stamp and not an emblem. I was then trying to correct an impression that as far as the stamp forms a "coat of arm" of may be the local gov., state or Nigeria, it will be accepted that it will only be rejected if it only has "texts" I.e letters and not symbols.
Do you get my point now?
So in essence, it doesn't really matter what you used in making the emblem (symbol, sign, coat if arm, badge), whether stamp, seal, fire, thread or gold, what they want to see is the emblem. I hope you get the message I was trying to pass across.

And further, EXCEPT, the school specifically mentioned that you should use that of the ministry of education EXCLUSIVELY, I don't see why you should spend a fortune couple with the stress and procedure of going to the ministry of education when most German school will only ask you to use relevant AUTHORITIES like courts and notary public or even their embassies which is way way more cheaper and convenient.
My two cowries!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 9:32am On Nov 01, 2014
esdajo:

To God be the glory as from Him flows all wisdom. Nobody should ascribe victory to him/herself but to God Almighty. I appreciate everyone who contributed in one way or the other to encourage me to fight the battle and at last, God won it for me.

Now time to get a new passport and defer my admission until summer. Thanks to you all once more. I remain very appreciative of all your contributions which was by no means meagre.

I am so happy at the turn out of your case.
Remember to store all back and forth emails between you and the Embassy just in case they wanna act funny next time....God no go gree sha.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Eke40seven:

Hi nevilbot,
I didn't reply xketchDesigns based on the enquiries he made about the format in Abuja (I don't know what theirs look like) but my answer is in respect to previous strings of enquiries he made and I responded to. And even as a matter of fact, the authority he will eventually use in Abuja either court or ministry may have different materials for certification but either will be accepted if the requested formats are right.
Before now, he said he had done one in Nassarawa or one state in the north or middle belt and that it bore only a stamp and not an emblem. I was then trying to correct an impression that as far as the stamp forms a "coat of arm" of may be the local gov., state or Nigeria, it will be accepted that it will only be rejected if it only has "texts" I.e letters and not symbols.
Do you get my point now?
So in essence, it doesn't really matter what you used in making the emblem (symbol, sign, coat if arm, badge), whether stamp, seal, fire, thread or gold, what they want to see is the emblem. I hope you get the message I was trying to pass across.

And further, EXCEPT, the school specifically mentioned that you should use that of the ministry of education EXCLUSIVELY, I don't see why you should spend a fortune couple with the stress and procedure of going to the ministry of education when most German school will only ask you to use relevant AUTHORITIES like courts and notary public or even their embassies which is way way more cheaper and convenient.
My two cowries!
Thanks for the detailed response, the one I already did and send had only text no coat of arms or anything like that. So I went to the federal high court in my state to redo it since the other was done at court of appeal (kaduna state) I thought any court will suffice. Anyways, at the federal court it's the same thing, just stamp with letters no badge or coat of arms or emblem. That's y I am asking about Abuja, if I can go there to do it the right way.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 9:46am On Nov 01, 2014
The 1st I did in Abuja some time back but wasn't satisfied with it, so I did the second in kaduna which I from how u guys say might not be good enough.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2014
XpensiveT:

Thankx bro.....am thinking of sending my application to the institution u mentioned this coming Thursday .....will ems express deliver my message before the deadline or I use the expensive postal company, will the also deliver it in time.......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Donxavier:

Please about the exam can you show me the links.......I'm waiting to apply mid November to LMU for Msc Geology and there is nothing of the sort. Please where did you get your info from?

http://www.en.geologie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/academics/degree_programs/master/applications.html

I dont know anything about MSc geology in LMU and about d exam, am only talking about MSc biochemistry. So, MSc geology might not request for an entrance exam as a prerequisite to gain admission.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2014
XpensiveT:

I dont know anything about MSc geology in LMU and about d exam, am only talking about MSc biochemistry. So, MSc geology might not request for an entrance exam as a prerequisite to gain admission.

Actually they don't and i was surprised. Thanks for the clarification.But this is absurd, how can biochemistry request you take an entrance exam just as an application requirement? would the embassy issue out visa just to go write an exam? It's really absurd
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Eke40seven:

Hi nevilbot,
Do you get my point now?

My two cowries!

Eke, even uni assist told me back then that dey wanted a seal and not just a stamp. Dey specifically sent me a mail that my certification was not enuf cus it only bore a stamp and wat they accept is a seal. They sent me a link to somewhere on dia site wia it is expressly stated that wat they accept is a seal. As I said I went to abuja den cus the Italian embassy told me to go dia and dats d only one dey accept. I came back from my abuja trip after spending 12k to do it and Goethe sent me my admission letter so I dint eventually use it cus I decided to go to Germany instead.

The process in MOE takes officially two weeks but trust IBO boys WO hang around d ministry as agents. I gave d guy 1k per document instead of d official 250 and my certification was ready d next day. Den at d ministry of foreign affairs, dey don't accept documents on Thursdays but my IBO guy just waka inside and came out 30 mins later with d job done even doe it was a Thursday.

So my guy this is how it is done. Go to education ministry ist . make two copies of each of d document u wantvto certify. Submit it with a waec scratch card if waec cert is among and dey will certify it with a seal and a signature no stamps on d original and photocopies. Den forward match to d foreign affairs ministry and submit only the photocopies as dey do not sign original educational documents dia saying its d jurisdiction of education ministry. Dey will den put dia own seal and sign. Dats all. I will upload pics of it later

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 11:39am On Nov 01, 2014
nevilbot:

Eke, even uni assist told me back then that dey wanted a seal and not just a stamp. Dey specifically sent me a mail that my certification was not enuf cus it only bore a stamp and wat they accept is a seal. They sent me a link to somewhere on dia site wia it is expressly stated that wat they accept is a seal. As I said I went to abuja den cus the Italian embassy told me to go dia and dats d only one dey accept. I came back from my abuja trip after spending 12k to do it and Goethe sent me my admission letter so I dint eventually use it cus I decided to go to Germany instead.

The process in MOE takes officially two weeks but trust IBO boys WO hang around d ministry as agents. I gave d guy 1k per document instead of d official 250 and my certification was ready d next day. Den at d ministry of foreign affairs, dey don't accept documents on Thursdays but my IBO guy just waka inside and came out 30 mins later with d job done even doe it was a Thursday.

So my guy this is how it is done. Go to education ministry ist . make two copies of each of d document u wantvto certify. Submit it with a waec scratch card if waec cert is among and dey will certify it with a seal and a signature no stamps on d original and photocopies. Den forward match to d foreign affairs ministry and submit only the photocopies as dey do not sign original educational documents dia saying its d jurisdiction of education ministry. Dey will den put dia own seal and sign. Dats all. I will upload pics of it later
Thanks bro, the only issue is the fact that my original documents will be touched.. that's where I am not to happy about. I guess na to move go abj on Monday b that.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2014
Guys make una no vex o. I just called my cousin now, he's in lagos. So what u want to do is send my docs to him so that he will help me do it at the federal high court. What do you guys think?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
XketchDesigns:
The 1st I did in Abuja some time back but wasn't satisfied with it, so I did the second in kaduna which I from how u guys say might not be good enough.

That one is definitely not gonna be good enough

if you take a look at the one in the image below,
you will see the stamp with the Lagos state coat of arm, signature of the person who certified it, date of certification,.a statement indicating "certified true copy" and also the stamp bore the name of the authority encircling the emblem.
Any one that follows that format should be acceptable.

1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
DAT is d seal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
nevilbot:
DAT is d seal
Thanks bro, think I will just send to lagos. Because the time it will take in abj, I do not have that time. And it will cost way too much. 1k each..

Eke40seven:

That one is definitely not gonna be good enough
if you take a look at the one in the image below,
you will see the stamp with the Lagos state coat of arm, signature of the person who certified it, date of certification,.a statement indicating "certified true copy" and also the stamp bore the name of the authority encircling the emblem.
Any one that follows that format should be acceptable.
Can you please help me with the address, and a clearer closer pic of the certifications. As e b say na send I wan send person, he has no knowledge in this, so I hv to give him as much guidance as I can. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Guys make una no vex o. I just called my cousin now, he's in lagos. So what u want to do is send my docs to him so that he will help me do it at the federal high court. What do you guys think?
Thanks in anticipation.
I see where nevilbot is going, but it will be way more easier if you used the German embassy because no school or organisation in Germany will reject theirs even uni-assist recommends theirs.
Try the German embassy at Abuja, they should be able to do that. The one is Lagos charges N1200 per set as I explained before. Even if you send it down to Lagos, still use the one the embassy recommends.
However, according to what you said your school recommends, the one I posted above should suffice, I did it at the Ikeja high court.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house,am about to apply for masters in biochemistry, any LMU or cottegne university applicant or student in the house, pls i need your further explanation on english requirement, because even after visiting their website am still unclear. I have a proof of english proficiency from my university. Do i need to take any test of english exam or the proof from my school is sufficent for my application. Pls come to aid......thanks for your anticipated response

To add to what XpensiveT just replied you, LMU will invite you to a second stage test after you passed the 1st screening of your documents and grades. Their screening process are done in stages. The exam no be beans. Of recent they started organizing the exam at goethe-institute of any applicant's country. So just submit the required documents as stated on their website, you will be good.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
Copies of authenticated documents – regardless of whether they are provided in electronic or paper form – are mere copies, and themselves are not authenticated. A copy will only count as authenticated if it bears the original seal of authenticationn

STANDARD OFFICIAL AUTHENTICATION

Official authentications must always bear original copies of the seal and signature of the authenticator. The official seal can be round or oval and contains an emblem. Authentications that only have a stamp on them will not be accepted.

If the copy consists of several individual pages, then it must be shown that each page belongs to the same document. It is sufficient if just one page bears the authentication mark and signature, as long as all pages overlap one another (usually in the top-left corner) and are stapled and authenticated such that each page bears a part of the official seal.
On notary authentications (with string and a seal mark), the authentication mark only needs to appear on one of the pages of the copy or transcript.

Your documents may be authenticated by the following institutions:
the schools or universities who issued them, or the relevant Department of Education in your home country
the Diplomatic Missions to the Federal Republic of Germany
the Culture Department at the Embassy of the country the certificate was issued in
the authorities and notaries authorized to carry out official authentications in the country in question

That is d instruction as I just lifted it from uni assist site
http://www.uni-assist.de/standards_en.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ndyoo:

To add to what XpensiveT just replied you, LMU will invite you to a second stage test after you passed the 1st screening of your documents and grades. Their screening process are done in stages. The exam no be beans. Of recent they started organizing the exam at goethe-institute of any applicant's country. So just submit the required documents as stated on their website, you will be good.
Thanks a lot bro.......uv just raised my hope, will I be tested on the knowledge of my first degree ? Or how is the test like?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
Dehonourable:
I just hav to comment on d issue of seal/stamp that has been lingering on here. I applied to various schools including uni-assist wit d certification below and it was accepted without any problem. U guys shld refrain frm all dis confusion abegi.
Well there is no confusion brother, we are just trying to clarify things so that a brother will not make a mistake. It could be painful going through all that stress to certify and post something and it becomes a waste of time money and opportunity, you know? It is however nice you gave your contribution but the fact that uni-assist accepted yours doesn't necessarily mean his school will accept it like that. Luck no be the same!
Before I certified mine also at the court, I learned that our Ogas had done it there and the format at the court also meet the strict criteria the school I applied at that time stipulated. His school is not under uni assist and they have expressly stated how they want it done and it is only wise he follows that format and what I did was to point out where it could be done strictly following that format.
Nevilbot has brought his angle which is also very valid too and yours too very interesting.

However, @XketchDesigns, you can go to a notary public I.e look for chambers that run such near you. it is also cheap if you negotiate well. They too uses seal in the format that nevilbot stipulated. You can however, also check well after they have done it to make sure it is okay. I just spoke with naijaobi and he said that was what he did. Try it out too as an option if going to the embassy at Lagos or Abuja or using the high court at Lagos where I did mine (by the way, the Ikeja high court is located in Ikeja. once you get to Ikeja under bridge, where the blue BRT buses are located ask for Lagos state university teaching Hospital or high court. you can trek or enter keke but its very close) is going to be too strenuous for you.
2 two cowries!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Dehonourable:
I just hav to comment on d issue of seal/stamp that has been lingering on here. I applied to various schools including uni-assist wit d certification below and it was accepted without any problem. U guys shld refrain frm all dis confusion abegi.

Nobody is confusing anybody here. I applied to uni-assist using the same format i.e stamp and signature only, as yours and dey mailed me back to tell me it was not acceptable and gave me the link to d post I shared eailer about a seal. I mailed them back that that is wat my school uses to certify since I certified mine then initially at d registrar office and my svhoo does not use a seal. They replied telling me that was dia rule and dey won't bend it for anybody as its my duty to read understand and follow it before I applied. I forgot about it only for them to mail me back later that they will process my document and till today I do not know d reason for their change of mind. They processed it and I got the admission.

If u follow the sequence of this my gist u will c that uni assist has a standard which is written clearly on their site for all to read and follow. Other schs av diff rules. I did not even eventually use d seal bearing certification for any German SCH but odas myt not b that lucky. So if ur SCH says seal give them seal if dey say stamp give them and if dey ask u to send them torn copies tear ur cert and send them. Chikena no need bin aggressive and using d word abegi for us here as if we dey disturb u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Eke40seven:

Well there is no confusion brother, we are just trying to clarify things so that a brother will not make a mistake. It could be painful going through all that stress to certify and post something and it becomes a waste of time money and opportunity, you know? It is however nice you gave your contribution but the fact that uni-assist accepted yours doesn't necessarily mean his school will accept it like that. Luck no be the same!
Before I certified mine also at the court, I learned that our Ogas had done it there and the format at the court also meet the strict criteria the school I applied at that time stipulated. His school is not under uni assist and they have expressly stated how they want it done and it is only wise he follows that format and what I did was to point out where it could be done strictly following that format.
Nevilbot has brought his angle which is also very valid too and yours too very interesting.

However, @XketchDesigns, you can go to a notary public I.e look for chambers that run such near you. it is also cheap if you negotiate well. They too uses seal in the format that nevilbot stipulated. You can however, also check well after they have done it to make sure it is okay. I just spoke with naijaobi and he said that was what he did. Try it out too as an option if going to the embassy at Lagos or Abuja or using the high court at Lagos where I did mine (by the way, the Ikeja high court is located in Ikeja. once you get to Ikeja under bridge, where the blue BRT buses are located ask for Lagos state university teaching Hospital or high court. you can trek or enter keke but its very close) is going to be too strenuous for you.
2 two cowries!
I called one guy like that, he said he's a lawyer. I asked about the notary stuff and he said 5k per doc.. that's y I just bone the issue of notary.
I think I will just have to mail it to lag, for it to be done for me. Thanks yall for the input. Really appreciate.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stoicism: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
whats with German universities and English proficiency requirement (IELTS AND TOEFL) even for masters, almost all of them require that for admission.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
hollaytan:

Thanks a lot bro.......uv just raised my hope, will I be tested on the knowledge of my first degree ? Or how is the test like?
It will be related to your degree...and they will even recommend textbooks for you. And you can also ask them for a past question...but it's not easy. It's doable...cos the standards is way higher than you can imagine of any Nigerian University.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
But why not just save yourself all the stress and certify at the embassy instead
That's the surest way o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by busky101(m): 1:35am On Nov 02, 2014
AK47 I see you, Jah bless.
Happy sunday to everybody in the house

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.