Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886828 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
beebee5000:

Studying medicine here in Germany is not easy, your German skills need to be at least C1 and must have a minimum of 1.3 in your Abitur. For foreign students you have to pass through Studienkolleg. And Studienkolleg is another topic for another day.
You cant study medicine in English.

Thanks for the info, however, he needs to know all it takes, he is currently taking german classes here, he does know that he can't study medicine in english. what i would like to clarify is if he has to have a first degree or a studienkolleg will do. what is the process for a studienkolleg.
in the uk, medical students first get a degree before proceeding to medical school.

thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2014
I am finding it difficult to find a job in Frankfurt cus I don't speak German and d immigration office here only extend for one year so I need a job seriously.

Any help from any one WO has a link would be very helpful and appreciated cus I can't call hhome for money again oo after d sacrifice dey already made to get me 2.3m .guys in Germany plz help a broda oooo

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:55am On Nov 16, 2014
nevilbot:
I am finding it difficult to find a job in Frankfurt cus I don't speak German and d immigration office here only extend for one year so I need a job seriously.

Any help from any one WO has a link would be very helpful and appreciated cus I can't call hhome for money again oo after d sacrifice dey already made to get me 2.3m .guys in Germany plz help a broda oooo
Brother calm down...Frankfurt is a big city for jobs
Let me ask you these questions.

Have you tried looking for a church with sufficient Nigerian population and did you find people in your ethnicity?

Have you checked or googled this word "arbeitsagentur.de"? you should be able to find jobs requiring only English Language in your own city and many of them will even stipulate the pay.

Have you made efforts to look for other Africans and have communicated with them.

Hope you know that white collar office jobs may probably be out of it?

Have you checked the nearest job agency in your local government? I think the employment bureau.

If you have done ALL of these with no progress, come back and let me know.

Good luck
P.S. Look for jobs that does not require a direct service to people face to face...e.g cleaning, car wash, etc rather than looking for jobs like bar attendance etc.

Also endeavour to prepare your CV using the EU format, I repeat, EU format!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
nevilbot:

You see what I tell people about learning the German language at least at the A1 level. God bless you Beebee for the little inspiration..I was really glad to see you that day with your spoken German top notch... I felt like a baby learning to speak Lil wink. anyway, am seriously advancing everyday and watching German movies also helps. I can converse with long sentences and also understand the verbs and conjugations. Now, back to Nevilbot, I pray you find a job asap. I know its not gonna be easy but do yourself a favour by applying for language course whilst you study and Job hunt. anyway, what's your field? if you are from an IT field, visit this site: http://t3n.de/jobs/ you'll find a whole lot of IT jobs there.. else, keep searching bro. God will see you through.

have a blessed week y'all
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello to the house.Please my brother has applied for a language course for me in Germany and is telling me that I will only have admission into the language program for now without a university admission,and that when I get to Germany I can enroll to any course of my choice after the program without leaving Germany.Please guys help me,how true is the information?
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eke40seven seems like you've lived in Germany before. most of your 2 cents are legit.

Meanwhile those interested in Bachelor Programs (in German) you can put forward your questions on the Studienkolleg system.

Happy Sunday
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Please house,my sponsor is in Berlin and doesn't know anything about getting the sponsorship letter.Please what office is he supposed to go to in Berlin and what is he supposed to take along.must he go with a bank statement?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
naijadove:

Thanks for the info, however, he needs to know all it takes, he is currently taking german classes here, he does know that he can't study medicine in english. what i would like to clarify is if he has to have a first degree or a studienkolleg will do. what is the process for a studienkolleg.
in the uk, medical students first get a degree before proceeding to medical school.

thanks

I wanted to answer you since but I had to get some facts clear first.
The thing about medicine in Germany just like in Nigeria is that all the course have restricted admission and ALL the bachelor courses are taught in German.
Here is the general requirements, save one or two further requirements for some schools.

"For admission to medical preparatory course or
medical university, the applicant must prepare the
following documents:
• A secondary school-leaving certificate issued in
your home country
• Proof of having passed the Deutschprüfung
(DSH)/ TestDaF
• Application for university admission
• Students from some countries must additionally
prove that they have passed the university
entrance exam in their home country and/or have
studied successfully in their home country for one
or two years".
http://www.medicalstudyguide.com/admission-to-medicine-in-germany.html

Some schools may have a preparatory language prior
to the university courses proper while some may not offer that option. In addition, some school may ask for a 'medizinertest', which is the German equivalent of the American MCAT.

Note that the knowledge of Physics, chemistry and biology are greatly emphasised upon just like in Nigeria.

I always advise that people seeking to do medical courses to go for related courses in Germany and may be switch later after they have gotten sufficient knowledge of the system and language too.

Note: studying for like a year or two in Nigeria is very compulsory for direct admission and you results should be far better than 2.0 on a German scale to stand a chance, although I think 2.5 is the general requirement... others with better experience and knowledge can contribute further.

My 2 cowries

beebee5000, I hail you boss..nice one!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/bewerbung/en/9199-visa-application/

Please House,

This talk of an applicant visa where one applies by confirmation of application, is that applicable at the german embassy here in Lagos? I would love guys that have gone through the process to speak on this. I was contemplating going to the embassy itself to make enquiries but was told I won't be allowed entry, so that's why am here asking.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
nevilbot:

E clear!! Na to make my language lessons seriously b that o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
Please anyone has an idea about the date the German embassy would close for business for the year? Intend going there for documents certification.. Thank u.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
Toby77:
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/bewerbung/en/9199-visa-application/
Please House,
This talk of an applicant visa where one applies by confirmation of application, is that applicable at the german embassy here in Lagos? I would love guys that have gone through the process to speak on this. I was contemplating going to the embassy itself to make enquiries but was told I won't be allowed entry, so that's why am here asking.

My friend Seunstein, was at the embassy recently and he saw someone who specifically went to make enquiries about the same issue and he was told categorically that its not allowed or won't be accepted.
Anyone with contrary experience can narrate his/her own experience

Akoachere:
Hello to the house.Please my brother has applied for a language course for me in Germany and is telling me that I will only have admission into the language program for now without a university admission,and that when I get to Germany I can enroll to any course of my choice after the program without leaving Germany. Please guys help me,how true is the information?
Thanks
Well, my advise is that if you take the decision at the end of the day make sure you apply for STUDENT visa instead of language visa and in addition to that in my OWN OPINION, try to apply for schools and take the evidence of your applications and acceptance when going for your interview as further proof of your genuine intents and evidence that you are actually going to school after your language studies.

Akoachere:
Please house,my sponsor is in Berlin and doesn't know anything about getting the sponsorship letter.Please what office is he supposed to go to in Berlin and what is he supposed to take along.must he go with a bank statement?
Tell him to go to the alien/foreigners office in his administrative unit or local government and book appointment (I think booking appointment in Berlin is done online, he can clarify that), scan the data page of your passport and some may ask for a scan copy of your admission letter and some may not ask.

My 2 cowries!

God bless you all!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
Akoachere:
Hello to the house.Please my brother has applied for a language course for me in Germany and is telling me that I will only have admission into the language program for now without a university admission,and that when I get to Germany I can enroll to any course of my choice after the program without leaving Germany.Please guys help me,how true is the information?
Thanks
Please can someone answer my question please
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eke40seven:

My friend Seunstein, was at the embassy recently and he saw someone who specifically went to make enquiries about the same issue and he was told categorically that its not allowed or won't be accepted.

Well, my advise is that if you take the decision at the end of the day make sure you apply for STUDENT visa instead of language visa and in addition to that in my OWN OPINION, try to apply for schools and take the evidence of your applications and acceptance when going for your interview as further proof of your genuine intents and evidence that you are actually going to school after your language studies.

Tell him to go to the alien/foreigners office in his administrative unit or local government and book appointment (I think booking appointment in Berlin is done online, he can clarify that), scan the data page of your passport and some may ask for a scan copy of your admission letter and some may not ask.

My 2 cowries!

God bless you all!
Thanks very much bros
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=Akoachere post=28065282][/quote]

Please bros on the sponsors part,what does he need to take along as his own personal documents and please how much must he have as monthly salary.Please sorry for asking so many questions.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
Akoachere:

Please bros on the sponsors part,what does he need to take along as his own personal documents and please how much must he have as monthly salary.Please sorry for asking so many questions.
He should call the office up to know what other thing he may be in required to take along or simply visit their office, it shouldn't be far at all from his residence because they are in every LG.
The documents may slightly vary for each offices or even in individual cases (my sponsor said he was told to bring evidence of the payment of his child's fees and some other things I don't understand)
However, generally, I think he is suppose to take along his international passport or may be residence permit, and his bank statement.
Generally, you are required to earn at least a net amount of €1500 monthly.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eke40seven:

He should call the office up to know what other thing he may be in required to take along or simply visit their office, it shouldn't be far at all from his residence because they are in every LG.
The documents may slightly vary for each offices or even in individual cases (my sponsor said he was told to bring evidence of the payment of his child's fees and some other things I don't understand)
However, generally, I think he is suppose to take along his international passport or may be residence permit, and his bank statement.
Generally, you are required to earn at least a net amount of €1500 monthly.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck!

Very useful,thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
pricelessmr:

I also noticed that working in hospitals, labs, or areas with hazardous substances/ tools require good German atleast B2.

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever be fluent in German and how long it'll take. I know a lady who didn't understand a word in German on arrival in Germany, learnt d language, did her masters in Medical Physics in German. Amazingly, her written and spoken German is top class. She's now married to a native.

beebee, the way u split German even b4 traveling to Germany is a morale booster for Nigerians to learn d language. But e bi like say age is telling on me. lol

hahah bros the lang no be beans ohh......... everyday you keep learning different stuffs, the annoying part is their idioms, sometimes its not logically unlike english. this thing dey vex me tire.
Getting to B2 is really not difficult just hard work and more practice but C1, C2....... hmmmm you need dedication and hardwork with God's blessing and favor.
If you believe in your self you can do it, initially i found it difficult speaking despite the fact i had my B1 in Nigeria, but with more practice you become confident and speak fluently.
Baba forget age.... i'm also not a kid anymore......all my mates don marry for Naija finish grin grin grin But it is well sha cool cool

nevilbot:

Try this link...... But most jobs require German Knowledge. Try write a good cover letter too when applying ( in german) grin grin with a german format CV....Goodluck grin grin grin
http://www.jobmensa.de/

EKO40seven welldone ohh cheesy

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
dolpaz:

You see what I tell people about learning the German language at least at the A1 level. God bless you Beebee for the little inspiration..I was really glad to see you that day with your spoken German top notch... I felt like a baby learning to speak Lil wink. anyway, am seriously advancing everyday and watching German movies also helps. I can converse with long sentences and also understand the verbs and conjugations. Now, back to Nevilbot, I pray you find a job asap. I know its not gonna be easy but do yourself a favour by applying for language course whilst you study and Job hunt. anyway, what's your field? if you are from an IT field, visit this site: http://t3n.de/jobs/ you'll find a whole lot of IT jobs there.. else, keep searching bro. God will see you through.

have a blessed week y'all

Before judging me for not learning German before coming u should av asked me y. I finished SCH and was posted to a village in Owerri IMO state for nysc. Got admitted to Germany during d nysc and did not even finish it wen I came to Germany with two months to go. So will I learn German from IBO speaking villagers in umuanunu wen d German SCH is in Lagos or how will I av sorted it.

I am not looking for a white collar job oo just something DAT will put coins in pocket. I av meet African people and I am really getting close to Nigerians here and sharing my probs and dey av bin very helpful. I'm even looking for an evening job as my masters program is 9 am to 4pm everyday and as for German classes I will stat one tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
nevilbot:

dats not true dude. I hope u r not looking for office job o. I remember i once sent you pm as a Nigerian living in the same state Hessen, but you ignored me. Well thats alright. All i can tell you is to find some Nigerians living in frankfurt, they'll put you thru.

My 2 kobo.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
naijaobi:

dats not true dude. I hope u r not looking for office job o. I remember i once sent you pm as a Nigerian living in the same state Hessen, but you ignored me. Well thats alright. All i can tell you is to find some Nigerians living in frankfurt, they'll put you thru.

My 2 kobo.

I did not ignore u as I replied all pm I got from d members here and dos WO I replied can bear me witness. I did not get ur pm.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
@beebee, you're right. Hard work with discipline is needed to learn anything new. Duolingo really helped me, but I stopped practicing due to distraction and other engagements.

I thought I would've relocated to Lagos by now. I've to resume learning on my own. If those in America learn German in school, It must be worth it.

Make I do focus on getting admission @ Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
Please house, what's the application timelines like? peeps already in Germo, when did you apply and when did your softcopy admission letter arrive? This wait is overkiliing abeg grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by travellingvin: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pls how best can a football player gain a German visa with a German club invitation letter...the German embassy requires the player to provide account statement,knowing that amateur players are not paid salary..pls want do I do
Re: German Embassy And Visa by baggylips(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pls gurus in the house....what is the equivalent of Bachelor of science in germany or maybe what is Bsc in german cos m' filling a form that requires my qualification and everything was just written in german.Btw I used google and got more confused so pls help a bruder cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Donxavier:
Please house, what's the application timelines like? peeps already in Germo, when did you apply and when did your softcopy admission letter arrive? This wait is overkiliing abeg grin
German admission is not centralised so different schools or even department have the sole responsibility of giving admission as their schedule suits them. So some can take as short as several days while some can take weeks or even over a month. and it may also depend on when you apply.

@baggylips bachelor na bachelor na

My brothers and sisters, don't forget that yours sincerely is still facing some mind destabilizing challenge as he types and post.
Don't forget to mutter some words of prayer for a brother before you sleep in the night or when you wake up in the morning or walking on the road.

The only thing keeping a brother going now is just that strong faith on the unfailing power of God.
Gos bless y'all.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eke40seven:

German admission is not centralised so different schools or even department have the sole responsibility of giving admission as their schedule suits them. So some can take as short as several days while some can take weeks or even over a month. and it may also depend on when you apply.

@baggylips bachelor na bachelor na

My brothers and sisters, don't forget that yours sincerely is still facing some mind destabilizing challenge as he types and post.
Don't forget to mutter some words of prayer for a brother before you sleep in the night or when you wake up in the morning or walking on the road.

The only thing keeping a brother going now is just that strong faith on the unfailing power of God.
Gos bless y'all.

Very soon brother, you shall testify..

Alles Gute

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 12:15am On Nov 17, 2014
True Eke.....Veeeeery true.
Eke40seven:

My 2 cowries!

God bless you all!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:49am On Nov 17, 2014
dolpaz:

Very soon brother, you shall testify..

Alles Gute
Amen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by JustCare: 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Eke40seven:

Amen
Amen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Chukwumahike: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Eke40seven:

If you have your whole transcript from year one to final year then please use it because it improves your chances a lot and also use your secondary school result too.
Am not really clear about the internship thing, but only less than 1% of German school offering a Bsc programme will ask you to get Internship compulsorily first...the thing is, if you don't meet the criteria for school A, move over to school B, that's the beauty of German academic system.
If you are looking for a detailed advise, read at least the last 100 pages of the thread as an appetizer cos you will find it very useful.
No time to waste brother.

Since the person is not her husband, mother, father, child and so cannot apply for family reunion, (which even has its own challenge) the best option in my opinion for her to stay LEGALLY on a LONG TERM basis in Germany is through student visa..That will also open doors for you in the future.
Let the person rather get her an obligation letter of sponsorship and let her start applying for schools right away.

My two cowries!
can one get an obligation letter of sponsorship before applyin for skools

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.