Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (96499 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Commentor:
grin

When we tell them dem go dey cuss us.

See it?
Hhahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
psalmz:
But with this thread,Nigerians wil still want to go, we are naturally stubborn
My brother I saw the kind of hell our people are going through in abroad. Some don't even have money to buy their ticket back home upon say they want come home while some dey shame to come home after so many years over there without achieving anything. Some dey do work that they can't do in Nigeria.

In summary, there's no greener pastures anywhere. 200,000 naira job in Nigeria is far better than 5000 dollars job in America. Don't look at the currency but the purchasing power.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by wink2015(m): 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
KingDash:
see as e fresh cum here e dey talk rubbish.. any country better pass naija right now.

You are correct.

At least there is security in that country even if the economic benefit is not readily available.

Meanwhile, North Cyprus is not recognised by the european union.

The only country that recognized North Cyprus is Turkey.

So imagine if the North Cyprus was recognised they could have gone far with their development.

There is no country that has everything ready made.

The best way is to be skilled in the areas the host have manpower need.

EVEN CAPE VERDE ISLAND, NIGERIANS WHO WENT THERE ARE COMPLAINING THAT THE PORTUGUESE SPEAKING ISLAND HAS NO RESOURCES TO GIVE THEM JOBS, MONEY ETC

The best way is to do proper research before embarking on your trip.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by izubext007: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Shebe nal for the same Cyprus him take Japa go � turkey ..... Make him calm down, at least eh better pass Libya.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Don't blame the people who didn't tell you about the kontiri because even if they tell you you fit no listen to them and quickly make them your enemy because they don't want your progress.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

It's still better than Nigeria.

Whats the essence of avoiding to pay bills here when your life is always at risk either from Killer heardsmen, kidnappers, armed robbers, SARS, killer policemen, terrorists, bad belle people etc?

You have the money but cant enjoy it due to poor security, no roads, no light, no health care
I don't blame you because you have never been to the airport not to talk of seeing a plane from 5 meter close.

4 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by g4gerald: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Anything outside these places, i no dey count am as country.
Did u arrange them in order of the best countries?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Lifestone(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

If Nigeria was better, why didn't the Op come back to Nigeria instead of running to Turkey?
Ask him when you see him. But the fact is that Nigeria is far better than some of the Countries that we run to. How could someone run to Oman? Better stay here.

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
glowingflame7:

Will you go if you have such opportunities?
I've been travelling before you start primary school.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
This was how a friend left a 300,000 job to America. He was busy converting how much they will pay him $5000 to naira forgetting that he is not going to spend naira in America. He is busy lamenting now, to even call from America na wahala cos our friend is very busy working there to pay compulsory bills something he enjoyed and usually avoid while in Nigeria.

What year was this?

This guy is probably lying to you so he won't be sending you money, also he probably traveled as an illegal immigrant. So which type of work is he expecting to do there?

11 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Eminimore: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
[quote author=Maxwell4404 post=106032702]Abeg make una shut up, you dey write and explain Awful Experience about traveling to Europe, why you no come back, and you still dey there come back to 9ja na make we know say na truth u dey talk[/qluote]
Na Cyprus him de talk about...you no hear say him jakpa go turkey
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Tomilola360: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Windhheck:
Am in a dilemma currently about moving to Canada

Canada you said. MOVE
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by faithfull18(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Lol, interesting grin
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Facemask:
The Cyprus you are talking about is known as KKTC, also known as Northern Cyprus. Which is far different from the Cyprus we all see on BBC and CNN

I lived in KKTC for about 3yrs. I lived in gazimagusa, very close to EMU. The country is strictly Controlled by turkey and very expensive. Racism is high there, food very expensive, house rent..don't even go there
...some landlord charge in dollars, for 3yrs there I no sleep with woman cuz they were expensive to hire. An our naija girls eyes don tear

I wouldn't advise my enemy to go there.... It is not abroad

Sorry about your experience, I'm sure 'OUR NAIJA GIRLS' eyes 'don tear' because they also need to pay rent, like you said, it's an expensive place and they must survive. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nemesis0147(m): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
I've been travelling before you start primary school.
lol
You are rude oh
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
My brother I saw the kind of hell our people are going through in abroad. Some don't even have money to buy their ticket back home upon say they want come home while some dey shame to come home after so many years over there without achieving anything. Some dey do work that they can't do in Nigeria.

In summary, there's no greener pastures anywhere. 200,000 naira job in Nigeria is far better than 5000 dollars job in America. Don't look at the currency but the purchasing power.

You are actually mad for this statement!

5 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by lomprico(m): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
if they lied to you, come back then.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
This was how a friend left a 300,000 job to America. He was busy converting how much they will pay him $5000 to naira forgetting that he is not going to spend naira in America. He is busy lamenting now, to even call from America na wahala cos our friend is very busy working there to pay compulsory bills something he enjoyed and usually avoid while in Nigeria.

I think you are being too fast to tear your friend apart for reasons best known to you. As long as he is legal, educated and willing to work, he would be fine. Most new immigrants go through this phase, it doesn’t in anyway mean the average life in Nigeria is better.

Maybe he had too many expectations from America, but there is nothing special about a 300k job in Nigeria. He should give himself time.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by RodgersAkpafu: 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
He's absolutely right

There's one babe who we were school mates together wey dey like form big girl.she reach abroad when day break for her eyes say nobody to form big girl for when them give am Sweeper and mop to dey mop restaurant floor and God help her if she no clean am well.now shame dey catch am to go back to Naija because of all the people wey she don form for

Body dey tell am now.no more forming fake ajebo.paki babe wey dey live for iyabapaja for one rented flat wey no different from face me I slap you too dey form butty for school until all those people wey dey come Naija come sakamaje fools with Naija is a shit country bragging as if they're not in similar if not worse conditions were they are deceive am

Anyway please don't let any I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE STATES Naija person deceive you into looking for greener pastures in the abroad.if you are in Naija doing well for yourself be contented where you are.those Naija students doing 2 to 3 jobs to fund their education abroad body dey tell them not to talk of you wey dey go abroad to find job when Americans are suffering unemployment.

Infact Na from airport your suffer and disrespect go start especially with those with green passport please move this way.if them use 5 to 10 mins search others,you wey be nigerian them go use several minutes to search you and dissect all your belongings because they already think you're a criminal or drug trafficker because you're nigerian or you're carrying a green passport.

Thank God we're in ember month.by December again they'll come and deceive fools with I earn 1 thousand dollars a day and some nigerians who are relatively doing well for themselves in Naija will be stupid enough to sell their houses and car to travel out.one lecturer did it and he ended up being a gateman for a company,them give am uniform to wear.he dey suffer pass abok1 but shame no gree am come home because he has nothing if he comes home.i know of a secondary school principal who did similar thing,she dey pick dirty for Street for a living.principal o wey get master's degree.

There are another set of gullible Nigerians who use sending their children abroad as a status symbol meanwhile they pay through their nose and teeth to sponsor their kids abroad .they borrow money from all sorts of people so they can have the Bragging rights to say Omo mi study ni Oxford University only for the child to finish his degree there and they are telling him to go back home,he too will come and drag employment opportunities with Nigerians in Nigeria because there's nothing for him there

Anyway misery loves company.when Nigerians are suffering abroad,they don't like to suffer alone,they do all the most filthy jobs and then when it's Xmas,come home to form fake big boy to impress people who can be easily fooled.if a Nigerian is actually making good money with little or no stress,they will never invite you.ko possible because he will want to feel like an obi cubana so he can dominate and see people to worship him.you too think of it.why is he trying hard to convince you to come and join him? You think he loves you that much?

Nigerians are suffering abroad
Nigerians (most) are suffering IN NIGERIA
So for most Nigerians
its choose where you wan suffer cheesy
Only a small percentage of Nigerians both Abroad and in Nigeria really make it
For the rest
We are just getting by
So choose where you want to suffer or get by

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Cloud007: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Wherever you want to go... please seek God's directions. People can Excel anywhere. People always start rough.... mostly developed countries. But trust me they will definitely Excel. I have plenty examples around me. But God's directions first.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by JayCynic(m): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Never knew Monaco is a country, thought it's in the Eastern region of france. A family relative who stays in France said it's a relatively high maintenance city and there's lots of racism too.

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by RodgersAkpafu: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
pocohantas:

I think you are being too fast to tear your friend apart for reasons best known to you. As long as he is legal, educated and willing to work, he would be fine. Most new immigrants go through this phase, it doesn’t in anyway mean the average life in Nigeria is better.

Maybe he had too many expectations from America, but there is nothing special about a 300k job in Nigeria. He should give himself time.
300k job
Where will that really get one if he is a family man with three kids (and other dependants)
I think he made the right choice to go to the USA jare

6 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Splintinterior: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
WriterNig:
People Won’t Tell You The Truth Until You Reach Abroad – Nigerian Man (Photos) [/bis Togo, Afghanistan, Somalia, not part of the Abroad?
You to a country that doesn't have anything to offer and you are complaining

[b]Yabaleft Online
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
truthsayer009:

You are actually mad for this statement!

Calm down. cheesy cheesy
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Ibime(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
You went to Turkish Cyprus and telling everyone you went to the real Cyprus (Greek). Why you no go suffer.

5 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Silentgroper(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
pocohantas:

You should have slept with the foreign women. Or as they also expensive to “hire”?

That said, all the people I have seen, that willingly and intentionally traveled to North Cyprus are yahoo boys. There are countries you see people going to and you know they are either ignorant, desperate or their intentions are not noble.

I know someone that traveled to Cambodia. undecided
Lol. See as she use style style shade d niqqa. All because he mentioned slept with woman nd nigerian girls.. Mtcheew. Must everything be emotional, coming 4rm ur lots

6 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Many many Nigerians are suffering and smiling in Europe. I once landed in Rome on a 2 day visit and took the train to Termini station, as soon I I got to the train station I saw Nigerians sleeping on the floor like agbero for Lagos.
One of them approached me to assist with my luggage and direction. I asked her what are you people doing at the station, she told me that there's no job and they help people for change at the station.
This woman at that time have be about 40 to 50 years old and thr\e struggles is written all over their faces.
I didn't let her help me but I gave her what I can afford to help out. My hotel was actually across the street from the station hence each time I walk pass the station while in Rome, I'll see bunch of Nigerian basically begging for change at the station.
Pathetic, better to live in Nigeria with dignity than living like slaves in Europe. And this was way before Covid pandemic. I'm sure it's worse now.
I saw similar situation in South of France back in the early 2000s, the guys look like slaves, na by force to live in Europe?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by jibbish(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Easymoney00101:
https://www.pulse.ng/influencer-awards/health-and-fitness/l5jdc17

Please vote @thepeoples_doctors for health influencer of the year

Which rubbish people's doctor?
That mannerless doctor that can't interact with a client without threats.

Abeg make she swerve.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
truthsayer009:

What year was this?

This guy is probably lying to you so he won't be sending you money, also he probably traveled as an illegal immigrant. So which type of work is he expecting to do there?
2021. Things are extremely expensive now in America. A lot of Americans are about to be evicted from their houses because of rent pay. Fuel, foodstuffs, Health Insurance, education some are even paying their education loan 20-30 years after their graduation, things most Nigerians enjoy naturally. Inflation is rising over there but most of you thought the problem of the world start and end in Nigeria. You still receive calls with your network providers even if you don't recharge for two months plus which is not the same in America, you must pay your bill every month whether you have credit or not in your phone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by blackmaine: 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

Gee put South Korea
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Calm down. cheesy cheesy

Even she herself understands why she should be mad after such a bizarre statement. Comparing 400 dollars (200k naira) to 5000 dollars. 5000 is still a lot in the US.

3 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by SlayerForever: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
LWKMD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family / Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.