Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings (39453 Views)

Youtube Earnings Discouraging. Please Help / Adsense: 17 Ways To Increase Your Earnings / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Dproperties: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why covering your earnings while leaving the TAX deduction open when you say its 25%percent deduction?

The figure is out already

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Truth234(m): 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
The deduction is likely from your U.S earnings... People that watch your channel in USA.

4 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by babzo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
Odd they would deduct. A company doesn't pay your taxes; they just report what you made to the IRS.

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by symbianDON(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
9niceguy:
H
spirul77:
B
lordopsy2018:
O
una dooh o! Nairaland Association of Spacebookers

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Sirpaul(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
grin you wicked no be small na 23k be that na
YouAreUseless:
Why you dey cover your $50 earnings?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by abc115: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
9niceguy:
How do I make money through YouTube too angry abeg help me.... No time to waste data anymore

1000 subscribers and 4000 hours view on your videos that your original contents

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by AcademicWriter: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
So una even going up to $20?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by babzo(m): 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
This may explain it:

Chapter 3 withholding applies only to payments made to a payee that is a foreign person. It does not apply to payments made to U.S. persons. ... See the Documentation section in Publication 515, Withholding

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by jamilufarm: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
NIgerian Gov says they want Tweeter to pay tax for doing business here and all of you started shouting. Yahoo people.

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Tdotbluejays1: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:
You don't want to show us ur earnings, but u want us to know that US is deducting tax from it.

Get the fvck outta here

He has given the taxed paid, and you also have an idea of average tax deducted from wages which is available on search engines. Just work the maths backward. It would give you an idea of the earnings.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by murphyibiam15(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:
You don't want to show us ur earnings, but u want us to know that US is deducting tax from it.

Get the fvck outta here
That's people for u, he needs advice but wouldn't people to benefit from information cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by ifymadu: 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:

Get the fvck outta here

He earned about $87.5 because if he was charged $21 as tax at rate of 24% then his earning will be

0.24x = $21

QED

6 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by emmy178(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
He already said the tax is 24% of his earnings and also the tax is 21$, so you can do the calculations, he earns around 87.5$ if you must know grin grin
Trimjos:

Get the fvck outta here

4 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
abc115:

So you earned $87 last month... keep it up
It is okay . It was reduced...I pay as much as 32% in the state of Washington for my Amazon Earnings

I have never paid any tax on my amazon earnings. Do you reside in the US?

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by einsteine(m): 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with the US so you must pay witholding tax on certain types of income. If you were South African, you will only pay 10%. As a Nigerian, you pay 30%.

11 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by einsteine(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

I have never paid any tax on my amazon earnings. Do you reside in the US?

Which earnings? If it is Amazon KDP, you must pay tax.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by IbileIfe: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:

Get the fvck outta here
grin grin grin

E want make we know say e dey make some US$ from YouTube. grin

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Tdotbluejays1: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
emmy178:
He already said the tax is 24% of his earnings and also the tax is 21$, so you can do the calculations, he earns around 87$ if you must know grin grin

ifymadu:

He earned about $87.5 because if he was charged $21 as tax at rate of 24% then his earning will be

0.24x = $21

QED

The mathematicians have arrived. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by EmmaLege: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
just pay and gboju. more money will come
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:

Get the fvck outta here

If you don't have anything meaningful to say, it's better you keep your dirty trap shut than open it.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
They had to, Google is registered in the US and they have every right to deduct their tax from your YouTube earnings, a friend of mine who's a big time YouTuber also told me the same thing, you just have to take it as it is, there's nothing you can do about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Trimjos: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

If you don't have anything meaningful to say, it's better you keep your dirty trap shut than open it.

I don't argue with clowns

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Gabbriell: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Let the total money be X.
From the info, 24℅ was deducted from the total money.

Hence, we can say that;
(24/100) * (x) =$21

1.e (0.24x)=$21

Therefore x=$21/0.24
x=$87.5

Now back to the question at hand. Check out Googles terms of service for the contract you entered with them. Always make it a habit to check whenever there is an update to their TOS

4 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
IamPlato:
Bro abeg tell Me How You Grow Your Youtube Subscribers biko... Me Too Need Start Making Money so I Can Be Discussing money Situation.

I Need To Grow My Youtube, i Have Content But very low Subscribers

Just target the right keywords.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Felabrity: 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:
Many of you failed to teach some of us how one can earn from YouTube, now that some us don't know the nitty-gritty of it, how can we be of service for u?

Chop alone die alone grin
no mind them
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by illitracy: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
You covered the amount but mentioned %24 deducted, then showed the 24% to be $21

So if 24% of the total earnings is $21,
The total figure is �
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Felabrity: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Dproperties:
Why covering your earnings while learning the TAX deduction open when you say its 25%percent deduction?

The figure is out already
grin

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
They had to, Google is registered in the US and they have every right to deduct their tax from your YouTube earnings, a friend of mine who's a big time YouTuber also told me the same thing, you just have to take it as it is, there's nothing you can do about it.

Actually, they sent a newsletter sometime in May that they will start deducting tax from earnings made from views coming from US.

I only wanted to know if this also applies to other youtubers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Standing5(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:
Many of you failed to teach some of us how one can earn from YouTube, now that some us don't know the nitty-gritty of it, how can we be of service for u?

Chop alone die alone grin
You're not talking okay upstairs.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by UndauntedYOCA(f): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
spirul77:
Me I have few questions, does YouTube pays when you post videos that are not originally made by you? I mean, does YouTube pay those channels posting football match highlights? Those people that post football matches highlights, how do they make those highlights videos, what tools do they use and do they possibly do this few minutes after the match? If an adsense is linked to a YouTube channel will you be paid differently ? And finally can one Adsense be linked to YouTube and a site at the same time.?

Dem say who dey ask question no dey miss road.
Yes but not all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal / Doris Kamuche 'Adalgbo' Buried Amidst Tears (Photos) / How To Get Your Blog Comments Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.