Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings (39424 Views)

Youtube Earnings Discouraging. Please Help / Adsense: 17 Ways To Increase Your Earnings / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Dproperties:
Why covering your earnings while learning the TAX deduction open when you say its 25%percent deduction?

The figure is out already

Read una no go read.... this tax only applies to my YouTube earnings only. They are not deducting tax from my Adsense earnings.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by abc115: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

I have never paid any tax on my amazon earnings. Do you reside in the US?

It is withholding tax form I completed...I am in Nigeria, have never travelled outside the country but good at digital products... having global audience as customers
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Imustnottalk: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
murphyibiam15:

That's people for u, he needs advice but wouldn't people to benefit from information cheesy
must he show it
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
spirul77:
Me I have few questions, does YouTube pays when you post videos that are not originally made by you? I mean, does YouTube pay those channels posting football match highlights? Those people that post football matches highlights, how do they make those highlights videos, what tools do they use and do they possibly do this few minutes after the match? If an adsense is linked to a YouTube channel will you be paid differently ? And finally can one Adsense be linked to YouTube and a site at the same time.?

Dem say who dey ask question no dey miss road.
You need at least 1k subscriber and 4000 hours of total views. You apply for YouTube partnership program, if approved you can earn from the ads generated. E.g. Your live hacks is giving you 100k views, and your earning rates is like $4 per thousand view. You'd get roughly $400 for the 100k view.

If you don't monetize it, it's just like every regular no ads video
9niceguy:
How do I make money through YouTube too angry abeg help me.... No time to waste data anymore
Yup, in Nigeria hiding what pays isn't uncommon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by staga: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Which form did you fill? Did you fill the W8-BEN form? Or did you register as a US resident?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by falopey: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
spirul77:
Me I have few questions, does YouTube pays when you post videos that are not originally made by you? I mean, does YouTube pay those channels posting football match highlights? Those people that post football matches highlights, how do they make those highlights videos, what tools do they use and do they possibly do this few minutes after the match? If an adsense is linked to a YouTube channel will you be paid differently ? And finally can one Adsense be linked to YouTube and a site at the same time.?

No they don’t. Unless you use them as reference materials in your own original video. YouTube only pay for original contents.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by BluntCrazeMan: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
spirul77:

I don't know for YouTube videos..
But Facebook pays for Live Facebook videos that are created by Facebook Pages.
Just that their conditions for earning are stricter that that if YouTube..
But they pay very well.
Think Facebook Live Videos....
Think Rich.!!
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by ufotty2001: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Your own is even better .. me Amazon deduct 30% of tax every month from my earning..
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by spirul77: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Yes but not all.
will appreciate if you can expatiate
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by IamPlato(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

Just target the right keywords.
please Can We Chat On Whatsapp i Need To Understand This Keyword and How To Find trending Keywords For My Channel
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
abc115:

So you earned $87 last month... keep it up
It is okay . It was reduced...I pay as much as 32% in the state of Washington for my Amazon Earnings...Joe Biden want to reduce it for people that earn less than $400,000 and increase for those $400k above if his legislation agenda is passed.

Teach me how to earn on YouTube and amazon please

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by FahBuLous: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mehn, how do people even earned from YouTube?? God help me
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
einsteine:

Which earnings? If it is Amazon KDP, you must pay tax.

Not KDP, its on products. Anyway, I get.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by seankay(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
Small add wey I run for google for 17 days, dem charge me over $600.

3 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by angelfallz(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
You can use Google and there are YouTube videos that teach you and show you how to earn from YouTube. You don't need to wait for someone to teach you anything.

MorataFC:
Many of you failed to teach some of us how one can earn from YouTube, now that some us don't know the nitty-gritty of it, how can we be of service for u?

Chop alone die alone grin

3 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Sanchez01: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

For the past three months now Google has been deducting US tax from my YouTube earnings. That's after I filled the tax form. I don't know if I didn’t feel the form properly. They deduct as much as 24% of my earnings and it's really sickening.

They don't deduct any Tax from my Adsense earnings, but they do on YouTube earnings.

I just want to be sure that I'm not alone on this. Has Google been deducting US tax from your YouTube earnings?
That's because you never filled in your tax information within the given time. YouTubers across the world, were given until May 31, 2021 to provide their tax info with the condition that Google may be required to deduct up to 24% of your total earnings worldwide if it isn't provided.

If yiu neither filled the tax form and your AdSense for YouTube is registered as a US adsense, then you set yourself up for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Elliotwaveforec: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
emmy178:
He already said the tax is 24% of his earnings and also the tax is 21$, so you can do the calculations, he earns around 87.5$ if you must know grin grin
He doesn't know mathematicians abound on NL.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Standing5(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
YouAreUseless:
Why you dey cover your $50 earnings?
24% cannot give that amount. At least it is better than doing olosho for quick N2k.

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by TEDHorsePower: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

Read una no go read.... this tax only applies to my YouTube earnings only. They are not deducting tax from my Adsense earnings.

Please what's the difference between YouTube earning and adsense earning?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Calitoscassius(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
There is nothing wrong with the amount you are taxed, I have been paying taxes since i was 18 years old. You people obviously do not pay taxes in nigeria. That is why you may be surprised.

When you people were applauding Joe Biden during campaigns and elections, did you not know he will tax people?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by tintall(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
*$66.5 earnings

He said they deduct 24% tax i.e

0.24 * x = $21
x = 87.5

Remaining 76%
87.5 - 21 = $66.5

YouAreUseless:
Why you dey cover your $50 earnings?

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by angelfallz(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hmmm. Are you sure of what you're saying?

free2ryhme:

You make money from a company registered on US soil it is only fair you pay your tax in that country.

grin
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by excellentj4teal(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Can you teach me how to earn please?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by anambraamaka: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
It happens
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by StagethemTVee: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Youtube does not pay you when you post videos that are not yours unless you are only posting short excerpts for documentary or news purposes of which your personal creativity must also be included.
Yes. You can use the same adsense for Youtube and your site. Sites google adsense pay you via check while Youtube pay via bank account.
When you see ads running on a youtube channel who post videos of others without added creative work, more often than not the ad revenue is being paid to the original copyright owner who would have filed a copyright claim in the back end.
I hope you found this useful.

spirul77:
Me I have few questions, does YouTube pays when you post videos that are not originally made by you? I mean, does YouTube pay those channels posting football match highlights? Those people that post football matches highlights, how do they make those highlights videos, what tools do they use and how do they possibly do this few minutes after the match? If an adsense is linked to a YouTube channel will you be paid differently ? And finally can one Adsense be linked to YouTube and a site at the same time.?

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by abc115: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nwatachoba1:

Teach me how to earn on YouTube and amazon please

1000 subscribers and 4000 hours view on your videos that your original contents

Write books and publish on Amazon as kdp ebooks, paperback, hardcover and audio. You just write the book and publish... Amazon will display, sell, print the books and send to your customers anywhere in the world at no cost...they will only deduct royalties from sales

You can register as seller, get cheap products in China and list on Amazon then sell to American and global audience

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Sanchez01: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Truth234:
The deduction is likely from your U.S earnings... People that watch your channel in USA.
No.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
staga:
Which form did you fill? Did you fill the W8-BEN form? Or did you register as a US resident?

I didn't register as a US resident. To the best of my knowledge, I filled the form correctly. That's why I want to know if other youtubers in Nigeria also experience this monthly deductions.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Calitoscassius(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
emmy178:
He already said the tax is 24% of his earnings and also the tax is 21$, so you can do the calculations, he earns around 87.5$ if you must know grin grin
Precisely. cheesy
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by angelfallz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
Lol. Those are good questions. But have you asked google those questions?

spirul77:
Me I have few questions, does YouTube pays when you post videos that are not originally made by you? I mean, does YouTube pay those channels posting football match highlights? Those people that post football matches highlights, how do they make those highlights videos, what tools do they use and how do they possibly do this few minutes after the match? If an adsense is linked to a YouTube channel will you be paid differently ? And finally can one Adsense be linked to YouTube and a site at the same time.?

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by EBEk101(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:
You don't want to show us ur earnings, but u want us to know that US is deducting tax from it.

Get the fvck outta here
Are you FFK ?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by angelfallz(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why did Adsense ban you?

3rdor4th:
Reminds me my blogging days...

Make a couple thousands dollars b4 adsense ban me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal / Doris Kamuche 'Adalgbo' Buried Amidst Tears (Photos) / How To Get Your Blog Comments Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.