Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings (39511 Views)

Youtube Earnings Discouraging. Please Help / Adsense: 17 Ways To Increase Your Earnings / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Arisenews2: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

Read una no go read.... this tax only applies to my YouTube earnings only. They are not deducting tax from my Adsense earnings.

Op, you sef no too sabi am. This deduction is from your American viewers only. 24% of the revenue generated from American viewers. Not 24% of total revenue.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by sokera: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
You don’t need to cover that figure , smart dude are here we can calculate your pay with Tax deducted …
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Arisenews2:

Yeah, yours is even small. The deduct hundred of thousands (naira equivalent) from me monthly.

I'm already doing my calculations, and it's clear that for channels earnings over 2k will pay as much as 200 dollars if US residents makeup the biggest part of their traffic.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by pacespot(m): 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
You cover up your earning but you've stylishly told people how much you earned, you said your tax rate is 24% of earnings and you are charged by YouTube a sum of $21USD, a simple mathematician will know how much that will be cheesy. However back to the question, I've never been charged of tax by any American company, AdSense, Amazon, etc. Maybe there is a missup in the filling of your tax form on YouTube, kindly check the details and make sure you're not showing your location as the USA. You are not supposed to fill all the details in the form, just enter some required* information to anable you save the document since you don't want to pay the tax.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Arisenews2:

Op, you sef no too sabi am. This deduction is from your American viewers only. 24% of the revenue generated from American viewers. Not 24% of total revenue.

I know, that's why it's only 21% this month. The more US viewers the higher my tax every month.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by abc115: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

I know, that's why it's only 21% this month. The more US viewers the higher my tax every month.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by samsard(m): 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

No, he is wrong. One of my sites make about $700 monthly on AdSense for Publishers, with US being the primary traffic tier. Going by that logic, I should be taxed in the same manner but no such thing. That claim is not in any way correct.
Well, I heard of it on YouTube and it's something the government was looking to enforce. It may not be the case here. But they were going to tax YouTubers for the part of their revenues that come from American audiences. Some countries would get a smaller percentage due to treaties with the US

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
pacespot:
You cover up your earning but you've stylishly told people how much you earned, you said your tax rate is 24% of earnings and you are charged by YouTube a sum of $21USD, a simple mathematician will know how much that will be cheesy. However back to the question, I've never been charged of tax by any American company, AdSense, Amazon, etc. Maybe there is a missup in the filling of your tax form on YouTube, kindly check the details and make sure you're not showing your location as the USA. You are not supposed to fill all the details in the form, just enter some required* information to anable you save the document since you don't want to pay the tax.

Thank you, I'll recheck the form again.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Myself2(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:
Many of you failed to teach some of us how one can earn from YouTube, now that some us don't know the nitty-gritty of it, how can we be of service for u?

Chop alone die alone grin

Abeg go and sit down, Mr Jealousy

Dey there dey find osho free teacher, no enter internet teach yourself

Stop dulling yourself

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by jabolo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

Thank God for nairaland.com, I know I will always find a reasonable answer. Thanks bro for this. I just wanted to be sure this deductions are not as a result of not filling the form properly.

I just hope they don't bring this rubbish to my Adsense and Amazon earnings.

The witholding tax is not such an issue if you declare your global income to the Nigerian Tax authorities (as you should) as a matter of course.

The Nigerian Tax authorities will tax you on your Global earnings (Naija income plus any US income) but credit you for the tax already witheld in the US. You might end up paying less tax in Nigeria overall as a result but you probably didn't intend to declare to the Nigerian Tax authorities that US income you've earned anyway.

Hope this makes sense. Good day.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Nicoswit(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
ufotty2001:
Your own is even better .. me Amazon deduct 30% of tax every month from my earning..
Is it kdp?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Myself2(m): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
pacespot:

grin grin
Yea I saw it too and I know what his earnings are.
However let's cut him a slack cos I guess he has seen a lot of dull people on nairaland to feel safe enough to do what he did cos some can never figure it out even if their lives depended on it
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by dbynonetwork: 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
3rdor4th:
Reminds me of my Blogging days, I made about $12,000 before getting banned by adsense
Be specific bro......
Was the $12,000 the money earned in a month or the entire annual earnings.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Myself2(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
jabolo:

The witholding tax is not such an issue if you declare your global income to the Nigerian Tax authorities (as you should) as a matter of course.

The Nigerian Tax authorities will tax you on your Global earnings (Naija income plus any US income) but credit you for the tax already witheld in the US. You might end up paying less tax in Nigeria overall as a result but you probably didn't intend to declare to the Nigerian Tax authorities that US income you've earned anyway.

Hope this makes sense. Good day.

It's not very convenient to pay such taxes in global earnings in Nigeria, heck any tax in Nigeria even. What's the incentive and encouragement ? After paying taxes for years, one government official will just steal everything without consequences, also they won't use it to provide services cos you have to again provide those services for yourself.
Personally I only pay tax to get my certificates to enable me continue business. I pay it grudgingly
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Nicoswit(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
abc115:

1000 subscribers and 4000 hours view on your videos that your original contents

Write books and publish on Amazon as kdp ebooks, paperback, hardcover and audio. You just write the book and publish... Amazon will display, sell, print the books and send to your customers anywhere in the world at no cost...they will only deduct royalties from sales

You can register as seller, get cheap products in China and list on Amazon then sell to American and global audience
Bro, can you give a brief explanation on that getting products from china to sell on Amazon plz
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by RodgersAkpafu: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
Trimjos:
You don't want to show us ur earnings, but u want us to know that US is deducting tax from it.

Get the fvck outta here
I'm surprised this post got many likes
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by RodgersAkpafu: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
ifymadu:
You no want pay tax before?

He earned about $87.5 because if he was charged $21 as tax at rate of 24% then his earning will be

0.24x = $21

For those interested to know how much he earned. Lol
Na wa o
Nigerians eh grin
O di egwu

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by ifymadu: 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Na wa o
Nigerians eh grin
O di egwu

Bruhahahaha
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Arisenews2: 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sanchez01:

That's because you never filled in your tax information within the given time. YouTubers across the world, were given until May 31, 2021 to provide their tax info with the condition that Google may be required to deduct up to 24% of your total earnings worldwide if it isn't provided.

If yiu neither filled the tax form and your AdSense for YouTube is registered as a US adsense, then you set yourself up for it.

You're wrong. If you fill out the tax form, 24% would be deducted from revenue generated from United viewers only. It's a MUST! But if you don't feel out the form, 24% would be deducted from your total views.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Racemate(f): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
IamPlato:
Bro abeg tell Me How You Grow Your Youtube Subscribers biko... Me Too Need Start Making Money so I Can Be Discussing money Situation.

I Need To Grow My Youtube, i Have Content But very low Subscribers
USE AHREFS FREE YOUTUBE SEO TOOL,JOIN FACEBOOK GROUPS RELATIG TO YOUR NICHE
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Commentor: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
They don't like to pay tax.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Arisenews2: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

I'm already doing my calculations, and it's clear that for channels earnings over 2k will pay as much as 200 dollars if US residents makeup the biggest part of their traffic.

Exactly... I paid 280 dollars last two months
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Arisenews2: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Okay, tell us how it is wrong? Einstein!! undecided

Read my previous replies. I'm a YOUTUBER too.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by musicwriter(m): 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
spirul77:
Me I have few questions, does YouTube pays when you post videos that are not originally made by you? I mean, does YouTube pay those channels posting football match highlights? Those people that post football matches highlights, how do they make those highlights videos, what tools do they use and how do they possibly do this few minutes after the match? If an adsense is linked to a YouTube channel will you be paid differently ? And finally can one Adsense be linked to YouTube and a site at the same time.?

Dem say who dey ask question no dey miss road.

Yes, they pay you if you want to be paid. If you have videos, go to the settings and monetize them. But it has to be your own videos or videos not protected by copyright or videos that have not been monetized by someone else.

If you post someone else's video YouTube may warn you and if you keep doing it, they'll close your account and you'll lose your earnings. So be careful.

The sports highlight people would be watching the match live, recording, cutting, pasting and already creating the YouTube video even before the end of the match. Because whoever upload to YouTube first gets thousands or even millions of views.

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by kay29000(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Amazon deducts USA tax from my book sales earnings on their platform... As long you make money in America, regardless of where you reside, you will be taxed.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Arisenews2:

Exactly... I paid 280 dollars last two months

That's much....like you're been reaped off your hard earnings all in the name of tax.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by expressglory: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
pacespot:
Hello...Amazon is collecting about 30% of your earnings...but you may not know.You are only exempted if you are from countries having 'tax treaty' with US!
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by StayMotivated: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
O wrong now grin cheesy
YouAreUseless:
Why you dey cover your $50 earnings?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by kay29000(m): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Dproperties:
Why covering your earnings while learning the TAX deduction open when you say its 25%percent deduction?

The figure is out already

LOL. Abi o. 21X4=$84

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by ndividual: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:

Thank God for nairaland.com, I know I will always find a reasonable answer. Thanks bro for this. I just wanted to be sure this deductions are not as a result of not filling the form properly.

I just hope they don't bring this rubbish to my Adsense and Amazon earnings.

The rule of thumb in such matters is to ask yourself "Is there a transfer of money from a US citizen for goods and services, tangible/intangible?"

If the answer is anywhere between "yes" or "probably", its just a matter of time.

One thing that just came to mind is that depending on how big your earnings are, you could float a US company that gets taxed and then pay yourself the net of that. But that depends on which is higher: the witholding tax (as is) or the company+state tax depending on where the company's physical location is.

None of this is legal/financial advice
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

For the past three months now Google has been deducting US tax from my YouTube earnings. That's after I filled the tax form. I don't know if I didn’t feel the form properly. They deduct as much as 24% of my earnings and it's really sickening.

They don't deduct any Tax from my Adsense earnings, but they do on YouTube earnings.

I just want to be sure that I'm not alone on this. Has Google been deducting US tax from your YouTube earnings?

There you go...

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Worksunlimited: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

For the past three months now Google has been deducting US tax from my YouTube earnings. That's after I filled the tax form. I don't know if I didn’t feel the form properly. They deduct as much as 24% of my earnings and it's really sickening.

They don't deduct any Tax from my Adsense earnings, but they do on YouTube earnings.

I just want to be sure that I'm not alone on this. Has Google been deducting US tax from your YouTube earnings?

Your YouTube channel link?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal / Doris Kamuche 'Adalgbo' Buried Amidst Tears (Photos) / How To Get Your Blog Comments Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.