Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings (39420 Views)

Youtube Earnings Discouraging. Please Help / Adsense: 17 Ways To Increase Your Earnings / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by godswilld10(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
quolahpoh:

How can I make money on YouTube please?
People dey make money for Nigeria ooooo
lipsrsealed
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by SonofGod231: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
pacespot:
You cover up your earning but you've stylishly told people how much you earned, you said your tax rate is 24% of earnings and you are charged by YouTube a sum of $21USD, a simple mathematician will know how much that will be cheesy. However back to the question, I've never been charged of tax by any American company, AdSense, Amazon, etc. Maybe there is a missup in the filling of your tax form on YouTube, kindly check the details and make sure you're not showing your location as the USA. You are not supposed to fill all the details in the form, just enter some required* information to anable you save the document since you don't want to pay the tax.
Na simple mathematics na,
21×100÷24 will give you the ans.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Alexpetra: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sirpaul:
grin you wicked no be small na 23k be that na
if you're leaving in USA or dealing with dollar, for the sake of not going mad bout the price of the tax or buying something with dollar, don't do the naira to dollar conversion, if you get the money do it.

3 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by abc115: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nicoswit:

Bro, can you give a brief explanation on that getting products from china to sell on Amazon plz

Dropshipping

Dropshipping is a fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, the store purchases the item from a third-party supplier and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the seller doesn't have to handle the product directly.2 Ju

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by theamazonguru(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
9niceguy:
How do I make money through YouTube too angry abeg help me.... No time to waste data anymore

Start by creating YouTube channel
Pick a niche and stick to it.

Create tons of videos in that niche.
Keep uploaidng
Keep promoting. Those guys you see on nairaland dropping YouTube videos what do you think they are doing? Lol.
They are simply driving traffic to their sites ni.
Note: YouTube pays $1 per 1000 views

So no be small work oh. But get started first.
In fact you can start with the lastest one they just introduced, it's called YouTube shorts . Just like TikTok.
Post a video that's not more than 57 secs. Tag the description as #shorts.
Just keep doing this .

You can read more about it on Google or search for African giants on YouTube.
The guy makes videos on money money . He has one on this "shorts".

Me I make money from Amazon.
It's interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Gerarduq(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
abc115:

So you earned $87 last month... keep it up
It is okay . It was reduced...I pay as much as 32% in the state of Washington for my Amazon Earnings...Joe Biden want to reduce it for people that earn less than $400,000 and increase for those $400k above if his legislation agenda is passed.

Wow. Thanks for the info tho
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Corporate2020: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Print out those tax receipts and proceed to the US embassy at eleke crescent and tell them that you love their country so much that you pay your taxes to them even though you're living in Nigeria, I see them smiling at you, I see them giving you permanent resident permit.

This I have seen.

My Prophet, you no see this one well oooo
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by bestmutiu2019(m): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
saxby:
No be small thing, atleast better you wey get earnings, many are looking for such opportunities here. Btw, do you know you can pay up your bills from the comfort of your phone with the new IE mobile app?
how?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by gamechanger2021: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
Dz is not a big problem, try and complete this form online.
Sign the W-8BEN Form
This is a requirement of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the declaration is done by completing a W-8BEN From. W-8 forms are used by foreign persons or business entities to claim exempt status from certain withholdings.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Azuwonder(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

For the past three months now Google has been deducting US tax from my YouTube earnings. That's after I filled the tax form. I don't know if I didn’t feel the form properly. They deduct as much as 24% of my earnings and it's really sickening.

They don't deduct any Tax from my Adsense earnings, but they do on YouTube earnings.

I just want to be sure that I'm not alone on this. Has Google been deducting US tax from your YouTube earnings?

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by suffering: 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
E no concern me.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by bestmutiu2019(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
theamazonguru:

Start by creating YouTube channel
Pick a niche and stick to it.

Create tons of videos in that niche.
Keep uploaidng
Keep promoting. Those guys you see on nairaland dropping YouTube videos what do you think they are doing? Lol.
They are simply driving traffic to their sites ni.
Note: YouTube pays $1 per 1000 views

So no be small work oh. But get started first.
In fact you can start with the lastest one they just introduced, it's called YouTube shorts . Just like TikTok.
Post a video that's not more than 57 secs. Tag the description as #shorts.
Just keep doing this .

You can read more about it on Google or search for African giants on YouTube.
The guy makes videos on money money . He has one on this "shorts".

Me I make money from Amazon.
It's interesting.
can you drop your contact
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by wisdomkid: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

For the past three months now Google has been deducting US tax from my YouTube earnings. That's after I filled the tax form. I don't know if I didn’t feel the form properly. They deduct as much as 24% of my earnings and it's really sickening.

They don't deduct any Tax from my Adsense earnings, but they do on YouTube earnings.

I just want to be sure that I'm not alone on this. Has Google been deducting US tax from your YouTube earnings?

This is the current situation every Youtuber is facing. Maybe, I think very soon, it will be implemented to those using Adsense for websites/apps too.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:
Many of you failed to teach some of us how one can earn from YouTube, now that some us don't know the nitty-gritty of it, how can we be of service for u?

Chop alone die alone grin
Aswear you garrit grin
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Betboss(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
wisdomkid:

This is the current situation every Youtuber is facing. Maybe, I think very soon, it will be implemented to those using Adsense for websites/apps too.

Any day they do that, I'll start preparations to relocate to US. I can’t pay tax in US while I'm in Nigeria.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by jaykai24(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:
Many of you failed to teach some of us how one can earn from YouTube, now that some us don't know the nitty-gritty of it, how can we be of service for u?

There is nothing hard here... make a good quality video that is not less than 5mins then monetise it. Thats you good to go.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Sirpaul(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
True faaaa I was doing some conversion from Pounds to Naira and e dey be like say hunger go finish me for UK
Alexpetra:
if you're leaving in USA or dealing with dollar, for the sake of not going mad bout the price of the tax or buying something with dollar, don't do the naira to dollar conversion, if you get the money do it.

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by adamskutty(m): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
abc115:

It is okay . It was reduced...I pay as much as 32% in the state of Washington for my Amazon Earnings...Joe Biden want to reduce it for people that earn less than $400,000 and increase for those $400k above if his legislation agenda is passed.
$87 for a whole month and person dey make $100 for one day.. Hmm! This life no balance o

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by beta247: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
abc115:

How much are paying in this country sef? Imo;!!
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by SeunNotOwner: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:

Stop scamming people with that line.

It is chop alone dine alone.

1 Like

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Commotfornigeri: 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

This is tax based on amount spent by advertisers in the US which is displayed to your US viewers.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by ojasweb(m): 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
US tax is not being removed from my earnings. Probably you made a mistake while filing your tax form. However, i do know that Nigeria doesn't have tax treaty with the US.
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Came4amod: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
MorataFC:

This reply is so on point cheesy
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Lisaint(m): 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
Is there a legit way to earn online

Without this YouTube channel
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by ruggedtimi(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

my channel with 1400 subs was banned recently , how can I get it back
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Lisaint(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
adamskutty:
$87 for a whole month and person dey make $100 for one day.. Hmm! This life no balance o

Who dey make $100 daily

And how una dey do ham

Show us way abeg
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Tabletuner(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
PediakAuthor:
E shock u...

You are so wicked lol
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by akynkunmy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
grin grin grin
YouAreUseless:
Why you dey cover your $50 earnings?
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by bigtt76(f): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Withholding tax means you are being treated as a contractor while for Adsense, you are a reseller of ads.

Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by Burgerlomo: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
ifymadu:
You no want pay tax before?

He earned about $87.5 because if he was charged $21 as tax at rate of 24% then his earning will be

0.24x = $21

For those interested to know how much he earned. Lol

Monitoring spirit grin
Re: Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings by uprightman(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
Betboss:
Hello fellow youtubers!

How do receive your money. I can't withdraw from my AdSense account because I don't have USA bank account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal / Doris Kamuche 'Adalgbo' Buried Amidst Tears (Photos) / How To Get Your Blog Comments Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.