Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

“I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady (50058 Views)

I’m Dating A Nigerian Minister Who Gives Me N5M For Upkeep — Jay Boogie / My Girlfriend Gives Men My Number, I'm Tired!!! / A Girl I Am Engaged To Still Gives Men Her Phone Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Devgru: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2021
family, friends, hustle... sometimes we stay like that
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Nezzjnr: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2021
Emmadoc:

You are so so right.

I've helped a lot of niggas, friends, but I found out, I was being taken advantage of.

There was friend I helped when he was in school, nigga called me, that he needed some cash to tidy up some schools stuff.

I sent him the money, he couldn't pay back, so I told him to pay me whatever he has with him.

He gave me half of the funds I borrowed him, as a real nigga, I told him to keep the rest.

There was a time we were having a conversation about his school, and the idiot told me the money I borrowed him, he never used it for school stuffs, he told me he gave it to his girlfriend...

After sometime, I went to this same guy to borrow me some cash, because he was doing well, I even promise to pay back with interest, men the nigga stopped picking my calls till date.

Before I help such friends in my life again, you must have a collateral, something of value for that money, else I won't give you 1kobo.

Bro code my foot, and he is not the only one, because of people like him I stopped making friends, except na for business.
I can relate to this.

There's this Friend of mine always calling whenever he needs assistance... He doesn't call to greet nor checkup... Only whenever he needs help.

Of recent he sent me a text to send him some money... I ignored it to test him... When I chatted him up on whatsapp... He blanked me cheesy cheesy
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Newbreed2018: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2021
Na fellow man tie hin fellow man like goat grin
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2021
Akinblogdotcom:
A Nigerian lady has empathized with men over how they survive whenever they are financially incapacitated.

The young woman wondered how men get money for food whenever things are terribly bad as she never experienced some of the struggles they complain about no matter how broke she was.

Taking to Twitter via her handle Udara @Caviarpurple, The Nigerian Lady expressed deep concern while recounting stories of male students drinking garri, and trekking to and fro class due to brokenness.

SEE MORE >>> https://www.akinblog.com/i-always-wonder-who-gives-men-money-when-theyre-broke-nigerian-lady-empathizes/
My mum and my sisters
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by pyro62(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Olisho with conscience. But still olosho
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
yuping:
For ones a Nigeria Lady put herself in men shoe. My dear is not easy ooo, that why when we finally make it we behave arrogant and proud. Because no one was their when it rough. I pray we all make it.
Exactly
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Adakintroy: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
We don't help ourselves because sougthin out things yourself is what makes you a man. The earlier you start the better. Give a man problem people will help give him too much problem people will avoid him. No worry we are fine. We know wetin we de do. That's why you women should respect us. Because unlike you we hardly get help to reach top.

2 Likes

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by God1000(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
siofra:
Me I'm a woman, no man dey dash me money o
Not even my own fatgher. cry
Stop lying dear
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
But seriously women stopped helping men because most of them don't appreciate a good woman.. cool
Where is de good women
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Timidangote(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Not every guy is like your friend. There are still good friends out there and I can proudly say I'm one to my friend's
Emmadoc:

You are so so right.

I've helped a lot of niggas, friends, but I found out, I was being taken advantage of.

There was friend I helped when he was in school, nigga called me, that he needed some cash to tidy up some schools stuff.

I sent him the money, he couldn't pay back, so I told him to pay me whatever he has with him.

He gave me half of the funds I borrowed him, as a real nigga, I told him to keep the rest.

There was a time we were having a conversation about his school, and the idiot told me the money I borrowed him, he never used it for school stuffs, he told me he gave it to his girlfriend...

After sometime, I went to this same guy to borrow me some cash, because he was doing well, I even promise to pay back with interest, men the nigga stopped picking my calls till date.

Before I help such friends in my life again, you must have a collateral, something of value for that money, else I won't give you 1kobo.

Bro code my foot, and he is not the only one, because of people like him I stopped making friends, except na for business.
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by arena07: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2021
You are extremely right
Magnoliaa:

''One-off'' situation? LMAO. Go conduct a poll or carry out a research on this topic, yo. Even on this thread, you'll find more guys agreeing with what I and the person I quoted said than guys disagreeing with us.

Why does it kill y'all to actually agree with things a lady say? When women come out to share their wins, you say it's pussy power...when women post ass and all on IG, you say it's to attract clients; you talk about the evolutionary kinikan about how men are attracted to women and want to sleep with them, bla bla bla... I don't care sha. The fact is men spend on ladies than on their fellow guys. If a lady comes to talk about how men sponsor her and bankroll her, you'll lap it up and call her all manners of name. Now I'm saying men bankroll ladies (NOT ALL) MORE THAN, AS COMPARED TO their fellow guys. Hence, some lady might not go broke or hungry because she has a man giving her money. (I know it might not exactly be what the OP is talking about, but this is just my perspective).

*That* (women collecting money from men) is another scenario and point that could require its own discussion, but *the* point I'm pointing out here is that men give women money more than they give guys. You can see it from the moral aspect and equality aspect or whatever, but HERE NOW, I am choosing to focus on the fact and part of MEN NOT HELPING EACH OTHER.

I know it's because I'm saying this from a critical and condemning stance cheesy, hence some of you will disagree with me, but if I switch to a sympathetic and empathetic tone, and start criticizing the ''so called olosho girls'', you'll be lapping up what I'm saying.

But alas, I'm not a fighter for men nor a pick-me or a virtuous woman that wants to win you over with my tone, mannerisms and delivery. tongue So disagree all you want.

It's a free Internet and it's your data.

Have a good night!

P.S: Oh. Even in your spendings one one another once in a while, it's to carry yourselves to beer parlors and clubs and buy the most expensive drinks, bathing yourselves with beers and champagnes, drinking peppersoup and eating cow heads- you call it simple life, because you're not complicated beings. But to give yourselves worthwhile money, in a life-transforming way, for things that actually matters, like responsibilities and buying pampers, taking care of family? Na stories you go start to hear.

Anyway, I don't think I need to mention that exceptions apply to all the things I've said here sha.
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Mrscarter(f): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Magnoliaa:

But this is not always the case at all times. So what happens then? If men work for money and they see the money, then they would not be broke and this would not even be a thing. At the point where they are broke, where do they see money?

Oya, say it without crying. grin So why does it pain so much if y'all help yourself? You don't get it, do you? I understand. It is beyond your comprehension. If this lady was lying, y'all will be here calling BS on her post. But the fact and truth remains:
-You're broke
-You don't have money
-You don't have money
-You're broke

That's reality. So tell me how you survive, without bringing women into it.

If some men stop giving women money n buying them things the men may not be as broke.
However all of this is generalizations. Everyone's situations n relationships etc are different. Cant guess on anyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
But seriously women stopped helping men because most of them don't appreciate a good woman.. cool
Where is de good women? Men that that help ladies, do ladies appreciate them? Ogbono!!

2 Likes

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by TearNinja001: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I can relate to this.

There's this Friend of mine always calling whenever he needs assistance... He doesn't call to greet nor checkup... Only whenever he needs help.

Of recent he sent me a text to send him some money... I ignored it to test him... When I chatted him up on whatsapp... He blanked me cheesy cheesy
Lol...and you call that one friend? I would have ghosted him a long time ago.

Unless maybe there's something that's making you two stick together
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by josite: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Very good question.now some stupid man now knows he goes through a different path in life some of which d women he tries to reason his situation with,never had to pass through.
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by smasher1(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2021
Blessing185:
Whether na pride I go say or dignity or frustration or manliness no dey even make some of us voice out say we broke. We go just fem begin look up to God.. imagine going out and not eating but thinking of wat family at home will eat and u re all dey depend on..e no easy dats y most men die earlier dan their appointed time.

True words. They even borrow to put food on the table for their family.
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 26, 2021
cheesy grin grin grin grin my sister na God and only God oooo . Sometimes babes wey sabi sha but it’s only God grin
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by BigYash: 8:00am On Sep 26, 2021
While we were young, parents do. But as a grown man.. Only God.. When e red and you think all hope is lost,God go just run am one kind.. PAPA GOD THANK YOU OOO.

3 Likes

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Fucklove(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2021
dammie4j:
Sometimes the smile can be masked. I’ve always promised to support my fellow bro at the slightest opportunity whenever there is a genuine need. I’ve been there honestly.

P.S: Guys, learn to help your fellow gees rather than lavish to impress who will not care sighting a better offer on the table wink
Please help bro. Me and my wife have not eaten since yesterday. Salary owed for 2 months now. This is my worst month

2 Likes

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Adakintroy: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2021
We don't help ourselves because southing out things yourself is what makes you a man. It's called hard love. The one we give to a women is soft love. It's not real. It's for babies. Those kind of love does not run in the real world.

Even if we help men na to jump start..no be to de ur back de give you all the time. We're the man in that?.

Na God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by wonseun(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2021
Beebah2000:
Salute for Nigerian men.
Fathers of tomorrow

You are the Best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by smasher1(m): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
Honestly to be a man is not easy there's no help anywhere but a lady can easily get help from a stranger.
May God bless ever hardworking men out there. You're all the real MVP

God bless you too.
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Babara1994:
When men are broke, we borrow or commit suicide!

Life is absurd

Many men will rather mock the dying man with no hope of surviving
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Codebite: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2021
dammie4j:
Sometimes the smile can be masked. I’ve always promised to support my fellow bro at the slightest opportunity whenever there is a genuine need. I’ve been there honestly.

P.S: Guys, learn to help your fellow gees rather than lavish to impress who will not care sighting a better offer on the table wink
what if the person you're trying to help spends his doe on lavish lifestyle that you dare not try cos of your pocket worth
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by sinkhole: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
Men always give me money.. I don't know how they make the money.
However, i think men share among themselves.
you are wrong at the bolded embarassed
There is one Master Lee skit, on YouTube, that Describe the situation very well!
In the skit, Master Lee was very hungry, went to his friend who claimed that he has only 1k and he can only share the 1k but unfortunately for Master Lee, a lady just appeared and asked the friend for 1k and the friend just sheepishly gave the whole of the 1k to the lady cry
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by kay29000(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2021
yuping:
For ones a Nigeria Lady put herself in men shoe. My dear is not easy ooo, that why when we finally make it we behave arrogant and proud. Because no one was their when it rough. I pray we all make it.

This is so true.
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by iamdaquin01(f): 8:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Thank you for the last sentence, especially. What this lady said and your advice is actually an indictment to you men yourselves. You people can form bro codes, and band together to insult women, and call women their own worst enemies, and sleep on a dirty bed, sharing boxers together and bla bla bla (that women typically do not do) and because of that declare that you love each other, because you're all supposedly banging a single girl, but your so-called affinity is only skin deep. You DON'T feel a single thing for each other. And this is not even because you don't have the money. A broke boy can still, any how, whichever way find money to give to his girlfriend, but to give his broke guy friend?

Instead of speaking to yourselves to change your attitudes, you'll rather hate on the girls ''whyning'' your friends' brains. At least a broke partying babe that is being bankrolled will still take the gifts and monies she get from men to share with her friends. The genuine sharing spirit is there.

That men are broke in huge numbers and women are cashing out (typically) only points more to the fact that men do not help one another rather than the manipulation of women y'all cry wolf about.

I couldn't help but agree with this
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by sinkhole: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2021
Beebah2000:
Salute for Nigerian men.
Fathers of tomorrow
If this lady is not married, please all Nigerian men, I have just discovered a jewel of a woman. Unfortunately I am married myself, I would have put in my application ASAP.
God bless you, my lady wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2021
I respect Nigerian men. Truth should be told. When the same man enters a developed nation, he turns to a resourceful person. From my investigation, naija men are mostly loyal to partners who picked them up from Nigeria. Even I can say around 75% of those who married grandmas are loyal. This is why I pity those who want to pick spouses abroad esp those looking for good men. You pick a naija man already based there, hmmm...wrong strategy. You better look for a good man who is still hustling in Nigeria and come down here to assist him join you. Gone are the days you rely on one that is already there. But many think they are smart and will look for one already there. Lol.

Well, this is the truth of the matter for those who cannot get abroad with student visa. Cos right now, it's almost impossible to get visiting or tourism visa again. So, road has been blocked for many hustlers. How many can afford to pay tuition fee. UK demands you pay part of the money, Canada uses same strategy too. Many cannot pay this, so theybdont go. And US which used to have flawed interviews for visa applicants has tightened up. Trump changed the game. You just have to have a source to show you can pay. No more fake documents to help you. So, lesser people are going abroad. And this is the truth. Nigerians have been clamped. You want a good Nogerian man, be willing to visit Naija. This is my candid advice.

Goodluck to everyone.

4 Likes

Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2021
Borrow...Play bet9ja...Find work
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by Realrex(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2021
Thanks for your, we are dealing with sapa...
Re: “I Always Wonder, Who Gives Men Money When They’re Broke” – Nigerian Lady by JohnDazzy: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2021
I must confess that this is a smart question I never expected from a lady of this generation?
A great percentage of them are clueless about the reality of the hustle guys go through.
Ladies have lots of privileges guys rarely benefit from...cash from parents, aunts, uncles etc or a 'big God' somewhere

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Sleep With Your Brother/sister In The Same Room? / Guys Can You Allow Your Wife To Rock This On Your Wedding Day? (Photo) / Pre-Wedding Shoot Of A Man And His Plus-Sized Fiancee, See Nigerians Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.