Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27885 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Debauhaus1990(m): 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

The kpomo part choke me. Lol.
When I finished one, my brother had to quickly snatch the second one from before I began to eat it. Funny thing was that he hadn't ate too. He thought I was going to die that day. Ever since that day, I don't joke with my stomach. Even if it's 10 naira I have, I would rather buy biscuit and eat when hungry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

Memorable but not palatable,,,, indeed!

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
09085607453king:
please I have been trying to know what is the meaning of this Lalasticlala
He's a super moderator here on Nairaland and a snake enthusiast

14 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Pegi23(f): 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
Garri and salt.. pap without sugar or milk....bread and water..damn back in the days ehh babe was broke..

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Kennedy97: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin

Why those guys dey worship snail sef?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Meedon: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Back in elementary
I thrived on my misery
Let me alone I was born amongst a dying breed
In my mind couldn't find a place to rest
until I ghat that thug life tattered on my chest.

Hunger really make me shed so many tears

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Easy5265: 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Just as the subject above.

What is the weirdest things hunger makes you do?

Mine is..

When i was living alone as a young man. There was one particular week that i was damn broke. No money on me except #1000. I use the money to made yam porridge.

But can you imagine that i turn the yam porrigde into soup?

I beg my landlady for garri, she accept and i made eba with it. Using the yam porridge soup to step it down. embarassed

May god help us all

Survived on pepper.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Eyinju112(f): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
We all got stories to tell, and most times it’s not a thing to remember, may God answer all our secret prayers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ginaz(f): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
I fried dry garri with oil, even garnished it with onions and ate .

It was Very delicious but didn’t Bible say any food taste sweeter to the man who is hungry? grin

Na so e be.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ensquare(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
I ate paper when I was primary school

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
Life!
Please any gud samaritan person on nairaland! Make una help una boy! Tinz tight
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
I don't think I've been badly hungry before unless I refused to eat, at home we had all foods, more than enough. and money wasn't a problem either.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Debauhaus1990(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lamanii22:
I'll just mix garri, ororo and salt I'll then eat
I think say Sapa no dey catch women now?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Heybeedee(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Debauhaus1990:
I didn't eat for a whole day, the following morning I became unstable, shaky, hungry all was happening at once. I just took palm oil mixed it with salt and just drank it. I wasn't satiated yet, I had to eat the kponmo my brother soaked overnight because I would have died if I didn't eat it.
Btw, hunger is the only thing that can humble anybody.
Mad oooo....konji sef dey humble man sha but hunger na another level o
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Heybeedee(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
I don't think I've been badly hungry before unless I refused to eat, at home we had all foods, more than enough. and money wasn't a problem either.
Thank ur stars

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
OkuFaba:
Got broke sometime in my 3rd year in the university, I was the sole sponsor of my education, just bought textbooks and renewed my rents then, but hunger no send oo, I overheard my married neighbour talking about having laundry to do without strength, I struck a deal, did the laundry, noticed his house was unkept, told him to up my pay and I'll do magical cleaning.
I ended up making 8k that day and a free lunch.

If you know what free lunch means to a student that time.

Now na me dey do shakara for free lunch from ladies sef.
Levels really changed.
That same neighbour now said I'm into diabolic things to make money cos I can't stoop that low again to do such.
People no dey want make person grow, they'll want you to keep worshipping them till eternity

bro its better not to have and then later have! Dan make u get now later no kum get! Na my case b dat nw! Am in a strange land na begn tinz! Went to a school in d area to clear their graz 4 2h! Imagine

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Debauhaus1990:

When I finished one, my brother had to quickly snatch the second one from before I began to eat it. Funny thing was that he hadn't ate too. He thought I was going to die that day. Ever since that day, I don't joke with my stomach. Even if it's 10 naira I have, I would rather buy biscuit and eat when hungry.

I can relate. Lol.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by sylve11: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.

grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by IbileIfe: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
I fried puff puff pastry with the only flour left in the house.
I ate it and drank water. grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by egunna(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
guy,abeg I dey office,no make Dem think say I dey craze with laughter

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nackzy: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
I attended a wedding reception i wasn't invited, eat then go with plenty food inside nylon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by inumidun2010(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
Kaxmytex:

Enipe

Oda road to futa sef no possible, not to talk of the main town, shey u dey whine ur ancestor ni??

Come off it joor...

Bro E possible bajebaje... When I still dey Akure, me and my guys (2) making 3 transported ourself to Orita Obele with the hope of getting money all the way from Oshinle...
We no meet who suppose give us money and the money left with us was #50.. We started trekking from Orita Obele, those my stubborn friends used the #50 buy orange dem no even give me, I was panting like xmas goat....
Like play like play we reach, I wan die that day. Funny enough, those my 2 guys were playing like kids on the road, some people are born with HARDNESS in their GENES...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by obonujoker(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
I and a room mate back in 2009 sold all properties in our room ranging from pot to curtains to pressing iron, plates etc...

Another time we ate white rice with only fried palm oil, no fish, no crayfish, no pepper....

What about stealing tomatoes from Oga Davo... One man that sells indokmie then. .

School hunger ehn

Hunger really bad mhen.. grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Opera240: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mehn , I had to climb coconut tree to pluck the coconut and having no Cutlass made everything harder...I had to look for one big stone to smash it on and the thing break halfway... Mehn coconut na food and take water to step down
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Emola12(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
i am 24yrs of age now i am learning work now As i am now i swear to God almigthy i never eat anything since morning as in everything just dey hard for me and I beg u people in the name of God in d name of Allah in the name of bible in d name of quran anything u can take to help me plz send it to dis my friend account number 0491797594 gtb oluwafemi omotubora i pray dat hungry will not kill anyone of u in jesus name amen...!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
stinjoe:
What hunger does to a sane man can make one go haywire if care is not taken. My tales are numerous. I had to lick maggi cube. It was crazy. I have currently turned this my hunger hullabaloo to fasting. Mention me if you want me to include your name to the list of people I am praying for. I have automatically turned to a burden bearer. Someone should please help me ooo before hunger finish someone here.
One very thing I can assure you is that, it's just a phase. You are surely going to look back one-day, and smile. Never give up dear. God is surely with you.

Do you remember me?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by mayor10(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
Had to join muslims to pray very early so i could eat saari abi what is it called

11 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:
What hunger made you do or what hunger is still doing to you?

Please clear your words.

Cos rn, my neck cannot carry my head anymore. I need neck clutches.

Do you remember me?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Do you remember me?

Yeah, boss. I remember you said you'll remember me on a similar thread like this of mine some time ago.
I have forgotten the actual reason you said so tho. But your name rings the bell.

Good afternoon.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by viceddy95(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
I drank garri till my lounge mates started calling me Mr garri... cheesy cheesy the life no easy....
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Johnchrix(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
It was on a Sunday, there was no hope, I had to visit a Yoruba birthday party or so around Lekki 1, I was given Rice n big chicken, the food was nice tho, but i stooled all through the night. I don't know the kind of spices that was used. Hunger bad.At times I'll visit New redeem church every Sunday a first timer so I could get the take away omo life no easy.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by care4you: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
my last meal was when I used olive oil to soak my last 4 cabin buscuit ....that was what I remembered before I died.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.