Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone (46297 Views)

10 Reasons Android Beats The Iphone / Airtel Blackberry Data Plan 3gb For N1000 On Android Still Working, See New Sett / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Itohanmiwa: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by JosephXavier: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
G

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by lovebird65(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
Share for iPhone like for Android.....let's settle it here

24 Likes 30 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Codes151(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ladimir77:
1. Better values
If you want an iPhone, you have eight choices: the $349 iPhone SE, the $449 iPhone 6s, the $549 iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 7, the $669 iPhone 7 Plus, the $699 iPhone 8, the $799 iPhone 8 Plus, and the $999 iPhone X. While the 4-inch iPhone SE may sound like a bargain in comparison to its big brothers, you can find a really great Android phone that sells for less than $349 and comes with a much bigger screen.

2. 3.5mm headphone jacks
All phones since the iPhone 7 lack the 3.5mm audio jack that lets you connect a pair of standard headphones. If you want to listen to music on your Apple handset, you'll have to use a dongle, connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones or buy a wired set that uses the company's proprietary Lightning connector.

3. USB Type-C charging ports with fast charging
If you want to charge an iPhone or connect it to your computer for any reason, you'll need a cable with Apple's proprietary Lightning port. Unfortunately, other than iPhones and iPads, no devices charge over Lightning, so you can't share the same set of cables with your other gear. This is ironic, because Apple's MacBooks charge via USB-C.

4. Customization, widgets and skins
Like a father in a 1950s sitcom, Apple thinks it knows what's best for you, no matter what you need or want, so it locks down the UI and offers fewer customizations than Google does. You're limited to a few select widgets. But with Android, you can choose from thousands of widgets that live on your home or lock screens and provide everything from music playback to weather and note taking, but not gonna lie official android website https://www.android.com/ looks much worse than their competitors

5. Many more hardware options, including rugged phones
At one time, Google's marketing tagline for Android was "Be Together. Not the Same." That makes sense, because the platform appears on hundreds of different phone models around the world. You can get Android phones with giant screens, small screens, modular add-ons, QWERTY keyboards and replaceable batteries.
this one no know Wetin him Dey write. Android with all the back doors.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Frankody: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
YourFavorite21:
Iphone is just too boring, you will be limited to somethings, you can't even customize your phone widget sef. undecided abeg Samsung or Oppo na d best.
you can customize your widgets
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by suffering: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
iPhones never go on sale. Every argument is invalid.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by younglleo: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
lies from the pit of hell, abeg for ur iphone deals, contact me biko no mind dis rubbish op

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Drella(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Codes151(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Donvic4u:
For God sake iPhone is a device, Android is an operating system
lol. E no sabi
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by southsouthking(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
The mod is set awon vanity crew. TRASH THRASHER TRACHEST.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Xixtie(f): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Something is definitely wrong with you. Apart from browsing with my Android, there's no other useful thing about it.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by sylve11: 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Donvic4u:

Lol grin cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Mandrake20(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Who dey compare the two in d first place?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by ike46: 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mandrake20:
Who dey compare the two in d first place?
iphone is useless
... Highly ovarated
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Holywizard: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
DhatPeacefuldud:
I'm contented with my Spark 7p grin.. Btw, Your topic should be... 5 Reasons Android Still Beats The IOS
I bought spark7p 3 weeks ago but I don't just really like the camera aspect.
How are you managing with the camera?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ladimir77:
1. Better values
If you want an iPhone, you have eight choices: the $349 iPhone SE, the $449 iPhone 6s, the $549 iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 7, the $669 iPhone 7 Plus, the $699 iPhone 8, the $799 iPhone 8 Plus, and the $999 iPhone X. While the 4-inch iPhone SE may sound like a bargain in comparison to its big brothers, you can find a really great Android phone that sells for less than $349 and comes with a much bigger screen.

2. 3.5mm headphone jacks
All phones since the iPhone 7 lack the 3.5mm audio jack that lets you connect a pair of standard headphones. If you want to listen to music on your Apple handset, you'll have to use a dongle, connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones or buy a wired set that uses the company's proprietary Lightning connector.

3. USB Type-C charging ports with fast charging
If you want to charge an iPhone or connect it to your computer for any reason, you'll need a cable with Apple's proprietary Lightning port. Unfortunately, other than iPhones and iPads, no devices charge over Lightning, so you can't share the same set of cables with your other gear. This is ironic, because Apple's MacBooks charge via USB-C.

4. Customization, widgets and skins
Like a father in a 1950s sitcom, Apple thinks it knows what's best for you, no matter what you need or want, so it locks down the UI and offers fewer customizations than Google does. You're limited to a few select widgets. But with Android, you can choose from thousands of widgets that live on your home or lock screens and provide everything from music playback to weather and note taking, but not gonna lie official android website https://www.android.com/ looks much worse than their competitors

5. Many more hardware options, including rugged phones
At one time, Google's marketing tagline for Android was "Be Together. Not the Same." That makes sense, because the platform appears on hundreds of different phone models around the world. You can get Android phones with giant screens, small screens, modular add-ons, QWERTY keyboards and replaceable batteries.

I’m using iPhone 13 pro max and Samsung s21. iPhone has crazy features . Stop saying thrash about iOS.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Idiotmod: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
Use iphone fess

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by airsaylongcome: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
Suspect33:
Lol, conference of broke Nairalanders grin grin grin

See the oponu up there comparing iPhone to tecno and itel. grin

This is not a conference. It's a galaxy of them. I use both devices (2year old Flagships) and I can't say one trumps the other. They serve very different (although sometimes overlapping) purposes
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by airsaylongcome: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
Why is it that these kinds of threads always try to project Android Devices as superior. Even with lower battery and camera specs why do Android folks feel the need to say Android devices are superior?

Is a bus better than a truck? A helicopter better than a plane? A car better than a train?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
That you had to make this thread shows iPhone is superior. Rest
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
ike46:
iphone is useless
... Highly ovarated

That’s a big lie
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by qtguru(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Flamees:
Android beats iphone in many aspects
If na camera you want carry pixel or Huawei
If na Hardcore processor carry Samsung or most especially Xiaomi or Vivo
If you want cool features carry Xiaomi or Samsung
If na security you want carry pixel

So you can Opt in for security and Camera for Pixel
My next phone must me pixel I'm tired of Samsung

Apple has the fastest Processor and good GPU it's just their OS i hate

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by tarantino1: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Donvic4u:

So the tecno and itel phones that don't have type c charger are what? Kai os abi...

Forget type C fes, I'd rather be phoneless than make use of an Itel phone

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by SmartPolician: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Donvic4u:

He's talking about iOS and Android.

I'm sure you know that's what he meant.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Emmanuel909090: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Learning
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by dapolaw(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
You are speaking from an informed point of view... Thank you jare.

Iphone is a device while Android is an Operating system or software.

Onyenna:
You’re comparing Iphone with an OS!?

Why not compare IOS with Android...... or iPhone with Samsung.... etc....

Topic is misleading....... Change your topic.....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by gaftsoil(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Donvic4u:
What's the meaning of i in the iOS?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by dapolaw(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
The topic is misleading...

It's ought to be IOS vs Android

Or iphone vs Samsung/Huawei/
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by highbee02: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Somebody should assist me with#1k to feed o, Kwara State Government is yet to pay some set of workers.Thanks

Name: ‎Raheem Ibraheem, union bank savings account : ‎‎0157580238‎‎
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Mandrake20(m): 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
ike46:
iphone is useless
... Highly ovarated

I no even know wetin people say for iPhone
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by SmartPolician: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Carchoice:
iPhone is like a rich Nigerian that is always on its own and getting criticized by poor people.

iPhone is not doing competition with android. But android users will not allow it to rest. Typical Nigerian way.

This thread is actually good so as to enlighten young Nigerian ladies who can do anything just to have an iPhone. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Get MTN 500MB With Just 100 Naira / Top 6, 2020 Most Liked Posts On Instagram / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.