Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone (46331 Views)

10 Reasons Android Beats The Iphone / Airtel Blackberry Data Plan 3gb For N1000 On Android Still Working, See New Sett / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Godwin25king: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Flamees:
Android beats iphone in many aspects
If na camera you want carry pixel or Huawei
If na Hardcore processor carry Samsung or most especially Xiaomi or Vivo
If you want cool features carry Xiaomi or Samsung
If na security you want carry pixel

So you can Opt in for security and Camera for Pixel
My next phone must me pixel I'm tired of Samsung

Pixel no common for market
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by YourBoss1: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
fisayodayo:
I'm an iPhone user and I won't leave iPhone for Android. I've once used tecno, Samsung and Lg but mehnn, since I started using Iphone my phone doesn't hang unnecessary.
Remember iPhone has anti screen scratch, use iPhone for years it will still look new if you are a good user. My iPhone 6s since 2018 is still looking sweet. My new Xr, wow very beautiful.
What are you talking about.
Anti scratch screen how when they ask use similar materials for the screens.
Buy a flagship android and be rid of lags.
Many ios users compare rubbish androids to Iphones which makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by YourBoss1: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
Techguy96:

Important things like what?
Na one important thing that an Android phone can do that iphone cannot do?
Split screen. I know you'll call it a gimmick.
You can't even download freely via your browser.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by YourBoss1: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
Xixtie:

I actually own an Iphone and an Android so I can tell a little from experience.
Very very fast, like amazingly fast and will never lag, doesn't get hot, apps don't annoyingly crash, camera is simply everything and have you ever connected your Iphone with your Mac? God in heaven knows you will never want to have anything to do with an Android again. To not forget the "prestige" that comes with Iphone.
Good androids don't lag sis.
grin
Never had a lag on my phone.
Well you have a point about the Mac, but not everyone uses that.
Prestige? Maybe true, though I find it silly that people rate others on a mere cheap phone.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Stevyne: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Telegram234:

If na RAM, tecno get am
If na camera, oppo get am
If na battery, itel get am
Na Gionee get battery boss grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Reus: 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
The idea that android devices are better than iPhones are wrong, iPhones are designed in a way that’s allows for different customer tastes:

1) If you want a portable device, there is the iPhone SE 2020,iPhone X and 12 mini.

2) If you’re looking for efficiency, there is iPhone XS, 11pro.

3) If you want something pocket friendly and efficiency too, iPhone 7+, 8+ is there.

4) If you want the best of both series ,and you don’t mind the price there is 11pro max, 12pro and 12pro max.

iPhones are not a measure of an individual’s societal class, I use an iPhone because the processor and security is top notch, itel, tecno, huawei and the likes will still fall short of this, and the iPhone is portable too. Let no one guilt trip anyone in saying that iPhones are for show-off and are only expensive, it’s because some can’t afford it and to some it’s their mindset, if you want to get an iPhone, go for it, and similarly if you want an android device, buy it.

In my opinion iPhones are still better-off than android devices.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by bizhop01: 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
Androidshit
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Silentgroper(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
38Noob:
Nothing beats iPhone in processor and security.
windows phone does. In the latter though.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by IAmshandy(m): 11:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
Godwin25king:

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by IAmshandy(m): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
If you are going for camera then Go for Pixel. I have the latest Google Pixel 5a 5G that was released Last 2 months up for sell. Brand new. E dey scars for market. Na only 2 remain for my hand.

Com carry ham before person wey know ham carry ham.

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2021
KoolSpade:

You forgot to add that some android allows you to use 2 app at the same time. Sharing the screen

Most of you android users are delusional. Sharing of screen (split screen multi tasking) has been around with Iphone 7 upwards. Try dey research before you go dey talk bullshit. I switched from Android to iPhone a long time ago and my there is no going back!

Everything you can do with your Android toy, I can do that perfectly well with my iPhone. Is it free songs. Infact all the songs in my iPhone were transferred from my Samsung. And I download all my songs for free from any site I want and play them on my iPhone.

So, do yourself a favour and shut the f uck up.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 12:16am On Oct 05, 2021
YourBoss1:

What are you talking about.
Anti scratch screen how when they ask use similar materials for the screens.
Buy a flagship android and be rid of lags.
Many ios users compare rubbish androids to Iphones which makes no sense.

Bros no dey lie to yourself. IPhone is way better than Android.

And pls, no body dey compare anything.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 12:18am On Oct 05, 2021
WinterMinter:
Y'all screaming iphone(iOS ) is better than android are delusional
Try once in your life to use Samsung ,oppo,vivo flagships and you will acclaim life is good.

You are the one who is delusional.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 12:22am On Oct 05, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Then, you don't know how to use an Android phone. You still need a manual or YouTube videos to know the many benefits Android comes with which you can never get on iPhone.

Name the thing wey android get that you can't get with an iPhone. Name it make I show you say you dey ignorant.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Nemesisobaara: 2:36am On Oct 05, 2021
You all screaming iPhone is better and stuff. It's all depends on what you do with your phone. I have been on iPhone since the inception of iphone 4, today I use iPhone 12; but, I still had to buy infinix note 10 two months ago, because I missed the android. There are so many apps I needed, but my iPhone demands that I pay for them. This apps are as free as a bird on Android. I cannot argue on the area of security of iPhone against the android, but the truth is, the android is much fun compared to the iPhone. Abeg trash that ideology that anybody talking in favour of android is broke and can't afford an iPhone, that's bushman mentality. It all depends on what you want. I cannot have an iPhone and not have an android at the same time, but I am sure that I can use my android alone an still do everything I want if my iPhone is out of the picture. Everybody thinks your are doing well once you are clutching an expensive iPhone, whereas you, yourself knows you only getting the hype but not doing much with the phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Flamees(m): 4:16am On Oct 05, 2021
Godwin25king:

Swrs but you fit find am if you struggle

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 05, 2021
Suspect33:
Lol, conference of broke Nairalanders grin grin grin

See the oponu up there comparing iPhone to tecno and itel. grin
There are android phones that are more expensive than iPhone. It's not about poverty. Personally, I will never use an iPhone. There so called security is rubbish, because it has stopped people from using stolen iPhones.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Nauttyprof(m): 5:15am On Oct 05, 2021
Bloomfrancs5:

Name the thing wey android get that you can't get with an iPhone. Name it make I show you say you dey ignorant.

Split screen, installing an App from unknown source and widget to your home screen. Prove me wrong since you are so knowledgeable.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 6:38am On Oct 05, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Split screen, installing an App from unknown source and widget to your home screen. Prove me wrong since you are so knowledgeable.

They are all possible

Split screen has been around with iPhone 7 and later versions. Bro, if you don't know how to do something, you can atleast ask. Bro ask!

Installing apps from unknown sources is very very possible too. But for me, I will never install apps from unknown sources cos anything and everything I need can be done with the apps that are available on app store. What is stopping the owners of those apps from listing them on app store. It is always the useless shady apps. grin

Is it downloading songs from anywhere? I download and play songs from any f cking website I want and I do not pay a farthing for it. But lemme come to the aspect of paying for songs. So my man, is there anything wrong in giving royalties to creators. As far as royalty is concerned, Apple is doing the right thing bro. So, someone will work tirelessly to produce a song, spend a fortune for the videos and stuff and when they release them, you from your mud Hut, with your dusty black ass will just wake up and download them without paying? So, to you that is cool, huh. Oh c'mon brah, you gotta do better.

And finally your widgets can all be customized the way you want. Just a little research won't hurt brother. The attached image is a screenshot of my home screen. The widget there has three different widgets grouped together. I grouped them to save space. The one showing is Merriam dictionary widget but when I swipe up or down, I switch to the other widgets in the group. That is just to show you. But if you are so particular about tweaks then there is even a way to get more customization. It has come to me that most people who say you can't do this and that with an iphone are just ignorant.

Now what again you wanna say?
Is it dual Sim? You have e-Sim to go with a physical Sim. But the truth is I don't even find the use of a second Sim. What do I need it for. It is only in Nigeria and Africa that one will be the ceo, manager, secretary, customer care, delivery man, and so on of his company. Such people are the ones androids are meant for grin Employ people them no go gree. Even if they can have a phone with triple Sim, they will be happy. Call the Manager on the first Sim, they will answer. Call the Secretary on the second Sim, the same person will still answer. grin

lastly Oga, fyi, iPhone is not about the hype or luxury and stuff. Iphone 100% deserves every hype it has.
And yes, I was once an android user. I have used tecno, samsung and redmi.

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 6:43am On Oct 05, 2021
Nemesisobaara:
You all screaming iPhone is better and stuff. It's all depends on what you do with your phone. I have been on iPhone since the inception of iphone 4, today I use iPhone 12; but, I still had to buy infinix note 10 two months ago, because I missed the android. There are so many apps I needed, but my iPhone demands that I pay for them. This apps are as free as a bird on Android. I cannot argue on the area of security of iPhone against the android, but the truth is, the android is much fun compared to the iPhone. Abeg trash that ideology that anybody talking in favour of android is broke and can't afford an iPhone, that's bushman mentality. It all depends on what you want. I cannot have an iPhone and not have an android at the same time, but I am sure that I can use my android alone an still do everything I want if my iPhone is out of the picture. Everybody thinks your are doing well once you are clutching an expensive iPhone, whereas you, yourself knows you only getting the hype but not doing much with the phone.

Which one are you being told to pay for? Name it. And may I ask, what is wrong with paying for what you use? Don't you know that all the apps you use should all be paid for? Lemme tell you, any app that is not found on app store is either restricted due to location or is a shady app.
The location thing is mostly because of the fraudulent activities Nigerians are known for. So app owners are collaborating with apple to block Nigerians but even at that, you can still install those apps but it is at your own peril.
So mister, all you said is crap.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Reus: 7:49am On Oct 05, 2021
Nauttyprof:

You can install an app from from an unknown source too on IOS too, if anyone here has used appValley before, he or she can testify to that, You can similarly add app wigets and shortcuts to your iPhone homescreen, its clear you don’t use an iPhone but y’all just want to argue pointlessly to shame iPhones for no reason.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Sleekmilan01(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2021
Bloomfrancs5:

Which one are you being told to pay for? Name it. And may I ask, what is wrong with paying for what you use? Don't you know that all the apps you use should all be paid for? Lemme tell you, any app that is not found on app store is either restricted due to location or is a shady app.
The location thing is mostly because of the fraudulent activities Nigerians are known for. So app owners are collaborating with apple to block Nigerians but even at that, you can still install those apps but it is at your own peril.
So mister, all you said is crap.

You just wrote nonsense...so the paid apps on Google play store are not legit or the Cod and pubg games on Google playstore is trash??

You just use your anus to nail your talks
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2021
Sleekmilan01:

You just wrote nonsense...so the paid apps on Google play store are not legit or the Cod and pubg games on Google playstore is trash??

You just use your anus to nail your talks

Mumu man. Talking like a typical im becile. You just contradicted yourself. Aren't you f ools the ones saying you have to pay for almost everything on ios. But here you are saying you got to pay for apps on Google play store. I thought everything is free with your Android. Oponu.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Pedropez1: 8:42am On Oct 05, 2021
All these small small girls craving for iPhone 13 go begin run up and down...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by DeanOlamide(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2021
YourFavorite21:
Iphone is just too boring, you will be limited to somethings, you can't even customize your phone widget sef. undecided abeg Samsung or Oppo na d best.

You can arrange your screen whichever way you want with an iPhone….

This is my screen for iPhone 8+ …. I do whatever I like with the arrangement ….

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2021
DeanOlamide:

You can arrange your screen whichever way you want with an iPhone….

This is my screen for iPhone 8+ …. I do whatever I like with the arrangement ….

Thanks.
No dey waste your time dey reply these android boys. Most of them never smell iPhone before and they will talking shit like they have been using iPhone since God knows when.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Nauttyprof(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2021
Reus:

You can install an app from from an unknown source too on IOS too, if anyone here has used appValley before, he or she can testify to that, You can similarly add app wigets and shortcuts to your iPhone homescreen, its clear you don’t use an iPhone but y’all just want to argue pointlessly to shame iPhones for no reason.

I have used one before widget is restricted unlike that of Android. Why did you avoid the split screen part?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Bloomfrancs5(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2021
Nauttyprof:

I have used one before widget is restricted unlike that of Android. Why did you avoid the split screen part?

Bro, how many times wey I go tell you say screen has been around with iPhone 7 and upwards.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by charlesm91(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2021
Bloomfrancs5:

Bro, how many times wey I go tell you say screen has been around with iPhone 7 and upwards.
u got to shed more light on this. Can you run two apps divided on your screen at the same time? i know it's possible with iPads but haven't seen that with iPhones.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by charlesm91(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2021
i think there should be a distinction when comparing iPhones with android makers or iOS with android. We must remember that every apple chip was at a point in time released as a flagship and hence the reason for its long software support, unlike Android that caters to different price points down to the lowest entry barrier. So, it's only fair to compare iPhones to flagship Android devices before making a conclusion. eg: take the iPhone 13 and Samsung S21 and use a basis for comparison, so when one comes out and condemns Android based on past experience , i usually ask what device was used prior to switching to iPhone. And frankly, the two level Android makers currently that fits the bill for comparison, with all due respect to tecno for their work, is Samsung (Flagships, not midranges like A series and below) and Google Pixels. Then comes Honor(and Huawei before their issue with us govt), but they have limited visibility here. Every other Android maker is a level below.
Apple has the advantage of synergy because they produce and sell their own. Android is open sourced making it difficult for chip makers to optimize their chips for a specific device and selected range of devices. I know Samsung has their own chips but it's still going to take time for them to level up with Apple bionic chipsets. Google is the closest competitor and perhaps Android's hope to close that gap with their upcoming Tensor chip. I don't expect the numbers to rival apple, but what i want is to see how closely the sum of parts interact with each other seamlessly just as how Apple's done it. My close encounter with pixel 5 gives me hope.
So it's basically time wasting to argue which is better than the other given they come from different foundations. I use both devices and i can appreciate their strengths when it comes to specific tasks i want to carry out.
P.S. the myth that android phone lags should be banished. Yes, it will lag if you buy a mid-low range android, but flagship Androids have gotten better and there's barely lags from my S10. Apple too does lag here and there but their smooth animations cover up for it. think of Android like a windows computer - you have to cater for it periodically- meaning android gives you full control. Apple controls it's product and gives you the experience it thinks is best for its users. if you're looking for the closest apple like experience on android, then google pixel is your best bet. watch out for the pixel 6.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by DeanOlamide(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2021
charlesm91:
u got to shed more light on this. Can you run two apps divided on your screen at the same time? i know it's possible with iPads but haven't seen that with iPhones.

Is this what you are talking about ?

Well if I understand you better …

I can run as many apps as I want ….

Take a look!!!!

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Snoobor(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2021
Pls stop explaining what iphone means to these people, they won’t understand.

Just let them be pls!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 6, 2020 Most Liked Posts On Instagram / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Funny Message Someone Sent To MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.