Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) (37389 Views)

I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by bonboclat: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Was her initial flight maxair 7:30 a.m?
ursullalinda:
Good experience.....you will have more of it.....my aunty missed her flight with 5 kids because of the accents you were complaining about......We laughed out the living day light out of her.......but since money wasn't a problem she boarded the next available flight with her squad......and I'm sure so many have been on that spot.
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by chival(f): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:
This is an update to the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6783357/traveling-air-first-time/7#106420545

So i boarded my plane this morning and i can say it was a great experience thanks to all your contributions and tips. Lemme start like this, I woke up so early as my flight was at 8:25 since it's my first time i needed to play safe to avoid stories that touch grin i didn't give my village people a chance in that aspect.

I arrived at the airport few minutes to 7 and by 7:10 i was done checking in and ready for boarding (I didn't expect it to be so fast and smooth tho)

That was how i started pressing my phone and carefully paying attention to the announcements that one could barely hear. (I think airports need to do better as some of us no dey understand that kind accents) cry They can just past the announcement on a screen for people to read, anyways what do i know? maybe people have not missed flight as a result of that.

Ehen so while waiting, i was just observing everything, i saw one bros seated behind me so i walked up to him and confessed. grin "Bros no vex, na my first flight bdis, abeg if dem announce air peace flight to lagos just let me know" he smiled and said i shouldn't worry. Few minutes later i heard the announcement naso i pack my things go join queue, kudos to air peace (unlike the other announcements i heard, they used one local accent to announce before the normal posh accent repeated the announcement so it was easy for me to know it's time to board.

They did the normal thing and i was inside the plane naso i just dey look like village boy. grin i followed the suggestion by some good NLanders and watched how to fasten a plane seat belt so it was not an issue, i no disgrace my ancestors. except for the air hostess that was rude when i asked her for my seat everything went fine, i was so calm and composed like i've done this before. The plane took off and few minutes later we're flying above the clouds i was just smiling all through then i felt a sharp pain in my left ear, boom i no dey hear well again. grin then i remembered i was told here, i just swallowed saliva and i'd regain my hearing, it continued through out the flight. some of the things i noticed through the flight was:

Majority of land, like 70 percent is uninhabited, i saw my knowledge of geography come into play as we ascend into the sky, i could easily identify all the different layers like atmosphere, lithosphere and the rest it was like we're traveling to space, asin after all science no dey lie oo but above all God is the greatest. My experience helped me to believe God more, like he created all these things, he has the power to do anything so why even doubt him. cool

At some point during the flight, the plane was vibrating and turning anyhow lol but i didnt panic because i remembered nairalanders told me about it, i was seated by the window and stayed awake all through. Like 20 minutes into the flight, the pilot said "for those of you sitting by the right if you look by the window we are just flying over ibadan" naso i look and was like, oga i no see ibadan here ooo na just thick cloud i see. cheesy
That was how i landed in lagos around 10am and the weather was looking like 4pm nawao. i enjoyed my flight sha and i hope to do this again, but next time it should be canada not lagos. grin
Amen to your prayer. Our victories both big and small should be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by daretodo(m): 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Be humble!
Sirheny007:
You boarded a flight from Abuja to Lagos and you want to bring down Nairaland.

What should people like us - who have accumulated up to 700hrs on air to and fro Europe - do then?

grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ElValiente(m): 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

So i boarded my plane this morning and i can say it was a great experience thanks to all your contributions and tips. Lemme start like this, I woke up so early as my flight was at 8:25 since it's my first time i needed to play safe to avoid stories that touch grin i didn't give my village people a chance in that aspect.

I arrived at the airport few minutes to 7 and by 7:10 i was done checking in and ready for boarding (I didn't expect it to be so fast and smooth tho)

That was how i started pressing my phone and carefully paying attention to the announcements that one could barely hear. (I think airports need to do better as some of us no dey understand that kind accents) cry They can just past the announcement on a screen for people to read, anyways what do i know? maybe people have not missed flight as a result of that.

Ehen so while waiting, i was just observing everything, i saw one bros seated behind me so i walked up to him and confessed. grin "Bros no vex, na my first flight bdis, abeg if dem announce air peace flight to lagos just let me know" he smiled and said i shouldn't worry. Few minutes later i heard the announcement naso i pack my things go join queue, kudos to air peace (unlike the other announcements i heard, they used one local accent to announce before the normal posh accent repeated the announcement so it was easy for me to know it's time to board.

They did the normal thing and i was inside the plane naso i just dey look like village boy. grin i followed the suggestion by some good NLanders and watched how to fasten a plane seat belt so it was not an issue, i no disgrace my ancestors. except for the air hostess that was rude when i asked her for my seat everything went fine, i was so calm and composed like i've done this before. The plane took off and few minutes later we're flying above the clouds i was just smiling all through then i felt a sharp pain in my left ear, boom i no dey hear well again. grin then i remembered i was told here, i just swallowed saliva and i'd regain my hearing, it continued through out the flight. some of the things i noticed through the flight was:

Majority of land, like 70 percent is uninhabited, i saw my knowledge of geography come into play as we ascend into the sky, i could easily identify all the different layers like atmosphere, lithosphere and the rest it was like we're traveling to space, asin after all science no dey lie oo but above all God is the greatest. My experience helped me to believe God more, like he created all these things, he has the power to do anything so why even doubt him. cool

At some point during the flight, the plane was vibrating and turning anyhow lol but i didnt panic because i remembered nairalanders told me about it, i was seated by the window and stayed awake all through. Like 20 minutes into the flight, the pilot said "for those of you sitting by the right if you look by the window we are just flying over ibadan" naso i look and was like, oga i no see ibadan here ooo na just thick cloud i see. cheesy
That was how i landed in lagos around 10am and the weather was looking like 4pm nawao. i enjoyed my flight sha and i hope to do this again, but next time it should be canada not lagos. grin

Awww mine was Takoradi to Accra back them. Now oi do fly 21hours. God will hear your prayers. I love airpeace. Drop some positive review on their social media page. Love that guy. Gbayi padi me. Congrats. Haters can hate. You did this you can do more. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ElValiente(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
overdrive:
Didn't you people stop to eat at ore tongue

I swear you're abad guy. I did ate at ore going to Owerri last week. Nice experience. Love Eastern part of this country. May God restore peace there.

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by daretodo(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ewe Ogbo will address and nil this in the bud for life.
Oluolad86:
Congrats, Amen to your prayer.

Please I need any blood tonic or name of herbs to boost my PCV (blood) I have tried ugu, milk and malt, they are not working. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by derbykol(f): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Moye04:
Nice one! Please who is also experiencing a non functional WhatsApp? Abi na only me? My WhatsApp no work again ooo
Even mine too

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ElValiente(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
To be sincere.....State to state travelling by plane nor dey fun

To me o.....I better just enter all those transport company moto with better air condition like God is good motor
Except say maybe I dey in a hurry or probably because of these insecurity on the high way..na im go make me enter plane

If not then na Normal motor sweet pass
you're right bro. I used God is good last week to owerri. Wanted to see Benin so bad but boom bypass straight to Delta. I love Benin. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ElValiente(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
segebobo:
Good & interesting narration you have there

The pilot do mistake, he for land the plane for canada cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fuel come finish for Kenya safari park nko. Eran lion ni e. grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by daretodo(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Attached leaf will address this.
Oluolad86:

Please I need any blood tonic or name of herbs to boost my PCV (blood) I have tried ugu, milk and malt, they are not working. Thanks

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

I think yes because of the heart palpitation
I am so sorry about. This is what you need to do incase you're suffering from iron deficiency anemia.
Taking iron supplement pills and getting enough iron in your food will correct most cases of iron deficiency anemia. You usually take iron pills 1 to 3 times a day. To get the most benefit from the pills, take them with vitamin C (ascorbic acid) pills or orange juice. Vitamin C helps your body absorb more iron. Get well soon swthrt.

Modified.
Just want to add this.
Foods rich in iron include:
Red meat, pork and poultry.
Seafood.
Beans.
Dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach.
Dried fruit, such as raisins and apricots.
Iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas.
Peas. etc

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by sonsomegrigbo: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Sleyanya1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

Thank u

You're welcome
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by SoapQueen(f): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Take De Deons quickly

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by daretodo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
Perhaps you don't know how to go about it; feel free to message or quote me here.
Oluolad86:

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by damoceile: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
Lol nah Lagos to Abuja you fly wey you no gree us hear word like this... If you go international nko you go shut down the whole social Media o....

Congrats to you anyways..
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Jarus(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

Congrats and welcome to Lagos

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by durasome(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thanks for sharing I don't know if I will ever board A flight in this my lifetime,so thank you for making me feel a Little of how it feel boarding one.God bless you for this.
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by mignone(f): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Try guinea corn leaves. I don't know what it's called in other languages but it's "poroporo baba" in Yoruba. U'll get it from ppl who sell herbs.
Rinse&boil in moderate water, then drink.
Here's a picture:
Wish u all d best!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by friendl: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
My last flight from port to Lagos wasn't pleasure ,...to the extent the pilot had to apologize
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by orlaglobal234: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
How many police check point you pass and how much pilot give them ���
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Adek15(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
LarsunDesign:
Congrats bro..

I never enter plane before, but my dream was to become a Pilot.. Omo as money no dey I had to go for the available one to study which is Civil Engineering that am studying now...

Omo one day he go reach my turn I tap from your Blessing
If you're up to 20 and you've never boarded a plane before, forget it, you can't be a pilot again. It is an unprinted rule.
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by SocialJustice: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
I've been flying since 2003 but any time I'm at the airport, adrenaline rush and small fear no dey fail to appear. I love window seats too, in front of the wings.

Adrenaline na cocaine.
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ursullalinda(f): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
bonboclat:
Was her initial flight maxair 7:30 a.m?

No it wasn't
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by abah001: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
which day will i touch plane, not to talk of travelling by plane.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by OdefaGirl(f): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

So shall it be Bro grin.... Was just smiling as I read.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Proflere: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mine too was last month, traveling from Lagos to Abuja for a tax investigation only to be robbed at ikeja under bridge. My boss had left me on the Job totally as she was tryna see if I was capable, therefore most of the documents were in my System (Lenovo Yoga). My Laptop bag was taken with everything inside of it. Luckily for my my phone was inside my pocket so I was able to call my mama and my boss who both gave me courage that I should not panic. The first five minute after the robbery, I cried a very sincere cry in a long time. I was about becoming the first person to board an aircraft in my family ( at least that I know of) only for this to happen at an unexpected time and that was the reason for my tears. My boss was to go with me ofcourse, so immediately I called her, she went back home to pick her own laptop and joined me at the Airport. I got to the airport and spoke to the attendants, they told me to just show them soft copies of my documents, which I did and they allow me board. I got to Firs Abj, downloaded some documents from my mail and I was able to defend the client beyond expectation. Two weeks later I was back in Abj for the final reconciliation with my boss and the exercise would go on to be one of the most successful and the fastest the firm ever recorded.

I came back to Lagos after the robbery and went to Ikeja police station only for them to ask me to bring 30k for police report. Even after proving to them that my uncle is an ASP, they still collected 10k from me.

Above all, I give glory to God who didn't allow Satan spoil my joy. Hallelujah!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by fkj950ax(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

Thank you for a honest post devoid of social media buga.

Glad for the experience

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by t2luv1: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sirheny007:
You boarded a flight from Abuja to Lagos and you want to bring down Nairaland.

What should people like us - who have accumulated up to 700hrs on air to and fro Europe - do then?

grin

Singapore Airline 18hrs 15 min from New York to Singapore and 19hrs 20min flying back to New York Non stop. Airbus A350. That was a trip I don't wish to take again non stop. Better to fly to LAX then fly to Singapore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by richmond500: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
saphiere:
Guys to be honest I have never entered plane before. I need someone to make this dream of mine come true for me.

Thanks
45k only, u don enter plane
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by saphiere(f): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
45k only, u don enter plane
SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue / Corps Member Dies In Auto Crash After Leaving Adamawa Orientation Camp (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.