Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? (19634 Views)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Cof1ex:
I wish i could get this your courage. Though most times it comes and most times it doesn't, just like now. I was doing pretty well for myself saving 90k via street every month after nysc. I have already made up my mind not to work for anyone for a pay less than 100k and would prefer fg work..... Not untill a friend called telling me if i would like to apply for where she works, i asked for the pay, she said 97k... Ah ah, 97k isn't far from 100k.... Na so i applied, wasn't focus in the street again during the process... After applying they pushed me to their other department, where they start graduates as intern with 60k for four months, which if you succeed they make you manager and pay you up the 97k.... This october is the last month, to pay the complete 60k sef na war, and i have not being able to save 30k throughout my stay here and have lost my phone and laptop in the process..... Just so confused right now

So painful, may you recover all that you've lost..
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by ElPhenomenal(m): 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
Cesclxg:
My current job pays $5k in a month. So I have no reason not to put my all and it is a remote job too.
What kind of job bro?
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by BigDawsNet: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
bjdon:
3 hours. I had fibbed on my CV and got an IT job, I knew very little about. I started in the morning and after being introduced to the team, I was giving some tasks to review. It all looked like greek to me so at lunch time I just got up and never went back! smiley

How did you pass through interview??

Demn, you are hilarious dude

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Depressed101: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
jericco1:
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.
24hrs grin hotel job, saw the working condition and japa'ed grin that was 8years ago when I was still a boy
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Johel(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
jericco1:
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.

Spent just one month working for an electronic brand SYINIX in 2017...I started December 02 17 and stopped early January the following year 18,salary was too poor,location from home to work wasn't good,had to stay with an Aunty at bariga,I wasn't comfortable atall...I just needed to get the salary to see front,..so after my first month salary,I told em I wanted to further education and needed to resign...that was the shortest for me.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by myfantasies(f): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Just a day , I did not resume the second day.

They called my phone tire , I did not pick, they want to kill someone's daughter.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by bobbiiee: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
That must be Bismack Ventures, I guess. Iya herself! it is not fair to owe workers salary.

I worked with someone who deducts workers salary monthly. I was with him for 10 months. My salary was not deducted once. Though, he wasn't a nice person, I didnt give him a reason to deduct my salary. I went the extra mile through out my stay.

The brother of your ex boss is amazing. I know 3 staff that he bought cars for. In my view, he is a good man. At times, there are two sides to every story.

seunny4lif:
2 weeks as a cleaner at the MM international airport.
Salary per month is 12K but the yeye woman no pay me my money which is half.
The job was not bad but the boss was a useless woman.
Her brother is a pastor and both of them uses their staffs like slaves and they called themselves pastors.

I can’t remember the name of the company but they use green uniform
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by lebete3000: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
BlackyOne:
Honestly, I would like to resign from my current job but the odds are not yet in my favor, I have worked for over a year but the salary is just to pay rent and transport with little to even feed, Monday to Saturday (9-5), not minding the hours spent on traffic jam each day.... It is well sha...

No single savings to show from my work, upon my strictness in spending!!!

Which work be that, and how much dem dey pay you?
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Nyamve1: 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
Two days
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by bolrew: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
6hours.....but I collect my pay for that day
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Depressed101:
24hrs grin hotel job, saw the working condition and japa'ed grin that was 8years ago when I was still a boy

grin grin
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Lordnewton1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
One week. Lagos Main-land to island. No be me.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Olukokosir(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
4 days
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Lavisha(f): 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mine is as follows;
1. Sumal Foods Ibadan- 3 Days @ 30k/month but didn't last for the Pay.
2. P.A to OzzyB- 15 days. @30k/month, didn't wait for the Pay.
3. LIRS associate: 7 days ohh fuckkk.
3. Ksquare Security- 2 months. 7-10k/Outing.
4. Dangote Transport Company- 4 Years and counting.. Six figures..

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Mexyz(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
Moonie911:
cry I dont have a job, worked for my Aunty for years with nothing to show for it, broke depressed and suicidal. God help me
Don't try anything funny please, just hold on a little, your miracle is on the way.

BTW, If you studied accounting and you are in Lagos, please dm me...
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by drpossibilities(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Two days. Started on Monday and by Tuesday afternoon I knew the place wasn't meant for me. I didn't come back cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mexyz:
Don't try anything funny please, just hold on a little, your miracle is on the way.

BTW, If you studied accounting and you are in Lagos, please dm me...
Thanks for the offer unfortunately I studied a science course and I dont even stay in Lagos state
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by cosmos2000(m): 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mine was just a week
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Iwantpeace: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
8 months .. though it wasn't a full time job. It was a volunteer offer in an NGO. I liked the idea of going out and people greeting me welcome when I returned, I could buy whatever I needed , took care of my mum, had self confidence.
Wish to be like that again..I am tired of being jobless..it's depressing . I need it now more than ever.. someone help me please

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by hardon1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
14 hours, 8am-10pm accounting job in a restaurant with 20k salary Mon-Sun. I couldn't find bus after work and reaching house gate has been locked so I didn't bother going the next day.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Bamzyriches451: 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
I don't even work for anyone.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by aspabay(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
Two months.

With one useless company in Ikoyi. ICST
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Oblongata: 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
I registered with blue arrow agency in uk in 2006, I got a job to work at a restaurant for 6 hours daily. I worked only 30 mins (apparently I couldn’t use the dish washer) and I was fired. I was so frustrated that year.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by aspabay(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Exactly one month.... I found out that my employer was tricky and probably wasn't gonna pay so I siphoned as much money I could without him knowing and when I completed one month the guy started coming up with excuses of how his money was missing but yet couldn't tell me how the money was missing since my records were intact and complete.

I just quit the job.

You are a thief.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by malikombi(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

What was the content of the email?
I was told to resume immediately and it's a better job

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Candycrushy(f): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mine was that i went in the morning, then went home during the afternoon break
That work was demonic i vowed never to go bck

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by malikombi(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
Starz825:

Wetin dey the email?
I should resume immediately
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
aspabay:

You are a thief.
I agree.... If you've worked in a place and the employer looks for excuses to sack you without pay then you will understand why I did what I had to do.
The funny thing is that what I took was peanuts compared to what he was owing me which he refused to pay.

Some employers in this country are devil incarnates... Pray you never meet any.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by qtguru(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
3 months, they didn't have any task for me so i left.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by DevPete: 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
6 hours.

I got a job, calculated the cost of working there and decided it was not worth it and besides that, they reduced the pay from what I was told earlier.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Philip4564(m): 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
I currently work in a bakery I was desperate when I took the job because I need money to sort my final year project in school. I work basically 24 hrs everyday cos I usually sleep there and it's only on Monday that I don't work because I told them I'm a student and I'll need to see my project supervisor in school.. I'm damn tired of the work because I don't even have time for myself but wetin man wan do I just want to gather little money to pay my school fees and get a small laptop so I can learn a digital skill..I know it will take a while for me to achieve this because the pay is 30k per month but I can't wait to leave I'm tired

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by shawante(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Exactly one month.... I found out that my employer was tricky and probably wasn't gonna pay so I siphoned as much money I could without him knowing and when I completed one month the guy started coming up with excuses of how his money was missing but yet couldn't tell me how the money was missing since my records were intact and complete.

I just quit the job.
Guy you be confirm criminal o cheesy
Vulcanheph:

I just quit the job.
Guy you be confirm criminal ob:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Punch Nigeria Graduate Trainees Recruitment Programme 2013 / I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.