Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? (19623 Views)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Badonasty(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2021
8 hours
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by aimmoney9: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2021
3 hours and we both came
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by MoneyTrees(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2021
Biglittlelois:
3 weeks, a marketing job at a Bank, I hate to be taken advantage of, that is pure evil and wickedness.
If I shoot this shot & it doesn't hit the target
God will punish Buhari
BTW; you're beautiful cheesy
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2021
malikombi:

It was a better offer and I was told to resume immediately

Okkk... Congratulations
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by theamazonguru(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
Moonie911:
Thanks i will do that, but seeing all the comments in this thread makes me think it's not easy especially without connections

Sweetheart, don't be moved by the stories and experiences you read about here. Juts get motivated and move on.

Every single individual on earth has a peculiar race to run and a unique journey.
Your journey and mine can't be the same, so why would you allow my story give you headache. You get?

Please drop the idea that the fact that it is not working for Me A also means it won't work for Mr B. No No No, that's the biggest error.

Challenge yourself, learn a digital skill no matter how difficult it will cost you.
Try different things,
Apply to several jobs,
And let God do his own thing,

An acquaintance got a $10,000/month Job with Amazon in the USA, he was even asked to work from home except he really likes to check in to the office any time he wants. This is a Nigerian ooh.

According to him, he had applied to over 500 jobs. He kept getting rejection mails,
Then suddenly he got an acceptance mail which turned out to be from Amazon.

Babes, stand up and face that challenge.
Never contemplate suicide.
That's not even an option.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by OlawaleBammie: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
Cesclxg:

Before this job, I was working for a Nigerian company that pay #220k/month and I get extra #100k/month from a side gig. My Nigerian boss didn't even complain that I gave him 2 weeks notice to start my new job.

Well, who would? Imagine going from #220k/month to $5k/month
If only you can allow me to understudy you sir.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by ranmoor: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
I joined an oil servicing company at lekki. I assume office 8 am, by 12 noon my friend called me that my employment offer is out in another company. I left immediately and sent resignation letter in the evening. Thank God I made that move, the company did not survive 2018 oil and gas industry turbulence... so, technically, I worked for 4 hrs!!!
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
MoneyTrees:

If I shoot this shot & it doesn't hit the target
God will punish Buhari
BTW; you're beautiful cheesy

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by MoneyTrees(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Thank you.
Wawu
So Buhari is serving a strong God
May I send u a mail?
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by odimbannamdi(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
Cof1ex:
I wish i could get this your courage. Though most times it comes and most times it doesn't, just like now. I was doing pretty well for myself saving 90k via street every month after nysc. I have already made up my mind not to work for anyone for a pay less than 100k and would prefer fg work..... Not untill a friend called telling me if i would like to apply for where she works, i asked for the pay, she said 97k... Ah ah, 97k isn't far from 100k.... Na so i applied, wasn't focus in the street again during the process... After applying they pushed me to their other department, where they start graduates as intern with 60k for four months, which if you succeed they make you manager and pay you up the 97k.... This october is the last month, to pay the complete 60k sef na war, and i have not being able to save 30k throughout my stay here and have lost my phone and laptop in the process..... Just so confused right now

My sincere empathies, bro. But couldn't you have (and can't you currently) combine(d) your street hustle with the job?

Also, is the job a professional job? Is it in line with your degree? Or does it, at least, have career prospects such that you can perform same or similar operational tasks in another organization? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you ain't entirely losing out. Keep building your experiences and continue applying for other jobs, while combining your street hustle as well (assuming it is possible for you to do so).

Things will be fine. Just believe and have faith.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by odimbannamdi(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
Cesclxg:

Before this job, I was working for a Nigerian company that pay #220k/month and I get extra #100k/month from a side gig. My Nigerian boss didn't even complain that I gave him 2 weeks notice to start my new job.

Well, who would? Imagine going from #220k/month to $5k/month

Calm down bro. We know your type and your scope. If you were earning 5k dolls indeed, you won't be screaming at the top of your voice like this. I know you are waiting for unsuspecting folks to reach out you, then you will make money from teaching them.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
ShitHead:
One hour, on campus...when I fuccked one sugar mummy. Shortest and most useful employment. I didn't cook beans and indomie for two weeks.

You don't mean it?!
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by ImaIma1(f): 1:49am On Oct 10, 2021
I spent 5 days. The job was so boring and almost meaningless; not fulfilling at all. Resumed on Monday and quit on Friday
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Uniique(m): 4:55am On Oct 10, 2021
Philip4564:
I currently work in a bakery I was desperate when I took the job because I need money to sort my final year project in school. I work basically 24 hrs everyday cos I usually sleep there and it's only on Monday that I don't work because I told them I'm a student and I'll need to see my project supervisor in school.. I'm damn tired of the work because I don't even have time for myself but wetin man wan do I just want to gather little money to pay my school fees and get a small laptop so I can learn a digital skill..I know it will take a while for me to achieve this because the pay is 30k per month but I can't wait to leave I'm tired

Philip Momoh?
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Philip4564(m): 5:07am On Oct 10, 2021
Uniique:

Philip Momoh?
I don't get you
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Holaomoakin(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
One week, not done with salary negotiations.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
aktolly54:
you need to Bleep big people before they open account with your bank and put big money there. Thats how it always been for marketing job in bank sector
Hahahhahahaha
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
NewSoul:
5 days bank security job....dem won kill me grin
Wake up by 4, get ready, leave home by 5am, must get to work before 6, close by 6:30pm get home by 8..... No rest , no joy, no break... Bullying by senior old security officers on top 40k. I miss the tips from customers sha but peace of mind and sanity is more important to me
Lol
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
Biglittlelois:

And it shouldn't be like that, the bank manager purposely recruited more female marketers with good looks for that evil purpose cos when I first resumed we the new ones were all females, it took me 3 weeks to realise why, that was years ago when I was a newbie in the employment world, now I know better.
Lol
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
mozes01:
Mine is two weeks o with this stupid Chinese company that year CCECC, the inhuman treatment no be here, after everything the China man go still open mouth dey curse us for him language. me as a craze guy na, i no dey take shii, naso Chinaman call one of my friend maragabi, i dont even know the meaning, my guy no fit talk na so i call him maragabi too. the guy was shocked, he threatened to kill me, i look am laff sey na him go die if decide take action on him. na that vex dem take pursue me that day with the two weeks money wey i don do. atleast i open our ppl eye there small not too ever allow a foreigner ridicule them in their land.
h
Haha real Nigga have they paid you the money

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by mozes01(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hassanmaye:
h
Haha real Nigga have they paid you the money
TEY TEY

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Willmichael(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
3 days....

I was working like a mad man, 7am to 7pm, I got home by 9pm and woke around 5am, ₦800 per day, using ₦400 for transport fare

I just didn't resume the 4th day. Ayam not built for dat kinda stress
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by solace89(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2021
jericco1:
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.

please i sent you a mail or is there a way i can chat you on whatsapp.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Cof1ex(m): 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yoighaman:

When you say "street", are you referring to Yahoo!? Please clarify. Thank you.
nooo, na legit street hustle where sun go dry your skin
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Cof1ex(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
odimbannamdi:

My sincere empathies, bro. But couldn't you have (and can't you currently) combine(d) your street hustle with the job?

Also, is the job a professional job? Is it in line with your degree? Or does it, at least, have career prospects such that you can perform same or similar operational tasks in another organization? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you ain't entirely losing out. Keep building your experiences and continue applying for other jobs, while combining your street hustle as well (assuming it is possible for you to do so).

Things will be fine. Just believe and have faith.
it is a professional job and in line with my degree, the both are in a different locations
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by UEDIBO: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
Cesclxg:

I am a senior frontend engineer for a foreign company.
Baba abeg be my mentor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Polytechnic 2017 Recruitment / Job Seekers Should Stop Doing These Things / How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.