Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday (50140 Views)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Abelino(m): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?
Shout the Bleep up.... Na una type spoil Nigeria and African Culture Generally.... How can you tell someone's parents to mind his or her business when it comes to matter that Concerns her son's Safety? In a real sense the nigga suppose dey carry babe come their family house come pass night? Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Aganju849: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

Control your son, otherwise this stranger will eventually control you through him...she's got him wrapped around her fingers already. If your boy insists on using your house as a sleazy hotel against your wishes, then it's time for him to leave, if he's old enough to fùck then he's doubtless old enough to handle the responsibilities that come with it.

Don't wait until that girl ends up in bed with your husband. And stop going to her workplace already.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by vickydevoka(m): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
This is a proof that training a child abroad with millions of naira does not guarantee anything.

I see that you are financially capable and have been spoiling your son thus the reason he has enough money to afford a whore_ even when he is jobless.

Since you don't want to go hard on both the girl and your son (option most people would have taken to), use the denial approach.

Warn him to desist from bringing that girl home or you deny him of whatever upkeep money you are giving him that's affording him that whore_

You know for sure that the girl gets paid for every night she stays with your son thus the reason she keeps taking the risk even after you have warned her.
Exactly. N de useless soon couldn't continue abroad. N went n came back empty handed. Niggers are flying out, his own is flying in. See my guy way go u k barely 1 year him buy 2 lands n come marry join, come still de go skul.

He told me ajibo pikin might not find it easy in u.k and Canada. Jobs way dey dere na hard job or shiity jobs, buh las las u go collect.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Ara21(f): 9:14am On Oct 11, 2021
She should mind her business in her own house. Did you read the post at all?

Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?[/quote]
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Donraqh(m): 9:14am On Oct 11, 2021
icecool12:
As long as they’re not disturbing u with ringtone at night, let them be..

Legendary advise, pele o. Children of destruction.

Las las you'll still be a parent, when in similar situation you may consider this advice.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by optionalY09: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2021
tell her to bring her family, communicate with them so that together you can send the boyfriend and the girlfriend to a 2years course on marriage
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by RPG2020(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2021
Your son is in love with her 69 shocked there is nothing any body can do about it grin
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by correctyourself(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?

You mean she should mind her business while her son is dating a lady that smok?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by shantti(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:
How old is he? Anyways, that's not necessary as what he needs now is serious dicipline before he lands you into a big trouble or gets himself killed. A girl who smokes is capable of anything.

Now, the house belongs to you, not him. First things first, when he gets back today, tell him to hand over the key to that room because it's the privilege you gave him to have a room to himself that is making him to misbehave. Tell him to move his things out in 1hr and Collect the key from him. Lock up the room!
You need your hubby to join you in carrying out this mission.
This solves the issue of bringing the girl home.
As for where he'll be sleeping, let him be sleeping in the sitting room. People who don't have bedrooms sleep in the parlor. That's his punishment for being stubborn.

Secondly, tell the girl to stop coming to the house. don't just stop her from sleeping ( which is not going to be possible again though). Tell her outrightly. Biko.

Also call your son and warn him of the dangers of dating a girl who smokes. Maybe he's cool with it because he schooled abroad and now has that abroad mentality that smoking is normal. That is abroad. You cant compare a female abroad smoker to a female Nigerian smoker. Just so he knows and doesn't think it's normal here. That girl is rotten.

Disease dey town. Tell him to retract now before he contracts the deadly disease.

She cannot throw a man out of his father's house. Only his father can do this. It his her husband's house not her personnal house unless she bought the land herself and erected the building with her money
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by AmazingELixir: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

undecided

Are you seriously kidding yourself right now....mind her business in her husband's house and her own son.

I see you're no different from that son of hers...very irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by McTobe(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2021
You and your hubby should Advice your son politely to move out of the house. Don’t worry about how he will feel about it, he will be alright all you need do is give him a loan he should repay two years after getting a steady source of income.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2021
Wonderful - your wife better ready her ghana must go bag to do Omugwho when the baby arrives tongue
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Tushmanny123: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2021
Its better he is doing it in your presence, than doing it elsewhere Where anything could happen. Leave them, just advice him. He's a man now
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by lomprico(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

your son is disrespectful and he is not law abiding and likeable as you are trying to paint to us. I believe he is a spoilt brat and you and your husband failed as parents bringing him up like that.

where does he get the money to keep entertaining himself with the girl? because no prostitute runs a charity organisation.

the girl is not the problem here, your son is and if you and your husband can't put him in his place you are also part of the problem.!

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by crazygod(m): 9:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Get him an apartment. Let him experience how life really is. If possible, set him up with little funds and just cut him off like the prodigal son but still be watching him carefully from afar. When his head resets, just like the prodigal son, he will come back home.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by fredoooooo: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Thank God first that yours is the son . Every order problem can be solve. grin
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by RZArecta(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

arrest the girl next time she comes in at night, she should sleep at least three days in the cell. Your son lacks respect, that girl will put him in trouble
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by lereinter(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2021
Your son studied abroad, only to come back nigeria to become idle

You couldn't hussle FG job for him, you don't have business he can continue or you open for him

You couldn't motivate him to stay back and hussle for papers

Haba you are wicked parents, money miss road parents

And now you complaining he's f.cukin

Abeg gerrout
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2021
[s]
Bewiseedet:
[/s]

If he's matured enough he should get his own place.

Matured enough my black ass.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by emmeyen: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

Her son's life is her business especially since he is still living in her house. By the way have some respect and dignity and talk to people politely.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Adsensegirl: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
What rubbish. You and your husband are too gentle. Since they have refused to listen the next thing is to change it for them especially the girl. Next time you see her in your house use stick pursue am comot. Nonsense

You just read my mind. Una still dey reason with am? under your roof and eating your food. This is Naija o not abroad. Better take charge before things get out of hands.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nctrice(m): 9:20am On Oct 11, 2021
she should mind her business in her own house? Under her own roof ? Whatever happens under that roof is her business
Bewiseedet:

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by elonmuskbaby: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
lol be real.what decent girl will allow a man sneak her in at night

The babe is a street girl and the reason why she's polite is because her hand Never touch wetin she dey find

@ wisemum when Belle enter her stomach- which is likely her main goal,to send her out wilt be harder and story go change.the people telling you to mind your buisnness Will say shebi you saw when your son was bringing her in,why didn't you do anything about it.by the way,if she sees you're beginning to be a threat to her goal,she will start targeting your husband.street girls are extremely clever,funny and shrewd

Yoruba will say enikan online kerenidi eru e.no matter how small you might be your house is still your house now this is what you should do

Put your feet on the ground and tell her not to enter your house else you will get her arrested and warm your son that if she sneaks the girl in you will chase him out of the house or Remove your hands from his matter.anything him eye sees,he should take it.if you live in an estate,show her picture to the gateman and tell him you don't want to see her in your estate that she's a criminal or prostitute.however you will need to be tipping him whenever you pass the gate.e.g giving him like ₦500 sometimes

This shi*** when it blows,I guarantee you you will be roped in even when you have nothing to do with it

The girl will emotionally blackmail you and threaten you to allow her marry your son. @ wisemum I have experienced something like this so I know what I'm talking about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Unruly7(m): 9:20am On Oct 11, 2021
Naija4love:

I see nobody wants to quote you, because you are the only one that makes sense on this. The mother self they avoid your comment and other idiot..

Girls hardly get support on nairaland

I know this right from time
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by olusamuel01: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

What is this one even saying. Anything that happens under my roof is my business. Who will be responsible if something happens to her over the night? If the boy is matured enough, he should do what mature people do, get a job and move out. You are answerable to anyone who feeds and houses you.

Madam, your husband is too soft on the boy. I cannot house you and your girlfriend,no one is saying he shouldn’t have a girlfriend, but if he thinks he’s matured enough to have a live-in partner, the he should get an apartment and pay the bills that accompanies such life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Jorge91: 9:21am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

Chin up tell that man to leave your house. You are still doing my son my son.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by sonssyo: 9:21am On Oct 11, 2021
ayo2008:

The bible is complete. Train your child in the way he should go, when he is old, he wnt depart from it. Is obvious you have over pampered your son and he is now a spoil brat. You can now see the danger of giving a child unnecessary freedom while growing and not disciplining him when necessary . Doubt if you scold the child while growing and is obvious he doesn't fear and respect his parents. The problem is not with the girlfriend but your son. You need get closer to your son and talk to him to see the reckless life he is living. Your son needs Jesus Christ in his life and you must keep praying for him.

Most times it doesn't work that way, once you finish d training, you continue praying that he doesn't mix up with bad friends one day that will influence him or her,we dey four for family,one of us is behaving as if he came from another planet but it's still the same training that was given to everyone, BAD FRIENDS is not something one will dream of someday,may God help the woman to overcome because that guy is on the track of destruction!

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by dfrost: 9:21am On Oct 11, 2021
nrexzy:
.. Tell ur pops to call a fam meeting then invite d Barney, then table the iss there make everybody talk him mind...

The banny no go show.

The meeting should be a surprise. Either chase her out on time or simply make the meeting happen on one of the nights she sleeps over.

Burst into the room (EFCC or Gestapo style). If they are naked, it's their business, after all the lady is comfortable walking around the house naked. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by promiseland245(m): 9:21am On Oct 11, 2021
Are you a Nigerian, because a typical Nigerian woman would have dragged the lady out of her house with her wig.
Act fast before "I thy know" becomes thy case.
wisemum:

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by GorillaApp(m): 9:22am On Oct 11, 2021
Promzy99:
This is a very delicate issue, that needs divine wisdom to handle. Firstly, d dad shud be on d fore-front as man nd father of d house. Maybe d dad is too mild nd gentle with d son. my culture 4bids such act. Its wrong 4 a child to be having sex with an unmarried patner under d fathers roof. Its an abormination nd it shows no form of respect. The dad shud man up, with stern warning nd seriousness. He shud call dem in one of d nites, advise nd caution them, explaining d dangers of such act to them. A man must be totally independent b4 thinkin of habouring a female.
I think I tow the same line with you.

I remembered when I was in ss3 and was walking a girl home after extra mural classes. We walked past my dad who was sitting outside the compound that night taking fresh air.
Omo, as I return back home that night after seeing off my lady friend, na so my pops man bracket me inside house and land one very hot slap on my cheek!
O boy, I saw stars that night!
My father was like, so you don get guts to they waka with woman pass my front shebi! No respect.
If na my papa be the father of that ur boy, e for don smell his butthole
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2021
Your son disrespects you by bringing home a girl and having her spend the night without your express permission.

I'd say you give him a deadline to get a job and move out of the house.

He can't be doing that under your roof.

What if he impregnates the girl? Will he bring her into your home to start living with you?

When she gives birth, will you be sharing your kitchen with your son's girlfriend?

Or maybe she's one of those girls that have seizure once they have intense orgasms. Imagine if she dies in your home. They'll say your family used her for rituals.

Put your foot down and insist if he wants to continue staying under your roof, then the girl is not welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Impregnable101: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
my friend shut the hell up! She should mind her business abi? What kinda generation is this for heaven's sake!?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / If You Used These Perfumes And You're Not Married Hmmmm... / My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.