Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? (30858 Views)

Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving? / 8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by berbs: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Dotmanmcdon:

It has not been easy after service worked for someone as a research assistant for 4 month this man did not pay me a dime. My parents thought I was been paid,couldn't do my graphics work while with him which made me lost some of my customers. Have applied to different schools for teaching job nothing show. I opened fiverr, upwork , freelancer just to get gig for my graphics work still nothing. Thank God for my sister who has been supporting with little money for sub. Honestly it not easy .i have a second class upper in biology education and am also a graphic designer and surreal artist. Am based in Ibadan my number is 07086587137

Try and apply for transcription job on QA-World if their pay is not too low for you.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Dotmanmcdon(m): 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2021
berbs:

Try and apply for transcription job on QA-World if their pay is not too low for you.
Can you explain more please and drop the site.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by berbs: 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
Dotmanmcdon:

Try and understand the meaning of transcription firstly.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by ONNYX: 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
ehmasjet:
Seriously it's been hell as Bleep, lost my job at the seventh month of my wife's pregnancy, we started staying at home and finished the little money I had saved even spent the one I saved up for hospital bill, after that I started begging friends and families just to feed everyday.

She gave birth through CS and made everything worse, I got loan , borrowed money and all.... Till now am still unable to pay up any of my debts.

Staying jobless is just an experience of how hell would be especially if you have a family to feed.

Depression, frustration, being lost in several thoughts, seeing yourself as useless and different experience.

May God help us.

Where is your location?
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Emm86: 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
GOOOGLE504:
Truly it's not easy. Try not to do wuru-wuru-to-the-answer because you earn by making others cry, do not be idle, find something doing in the meantime to keep you busy.

If you are a graduate, especially with second class upwards, push for international scholarships - people are getting it every day. Press hard enough on that and Japa from this shiithole because no matter your class of degree, the best solution is to japa. Dollar is increasing, even 150k salary earners need to start planning anew.

Learn new skills, meet new people, have fun because in life, Problem no dey finish o.

Also Because one person food don already done no mean say your own no dey ontop fire. quote me if you need mtn data (1-2gb) and remember, God is working on something for you.

bro pls I go need the data to push incase

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by SHOCK7(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
VTJN:
it's not being easy bro. A graduate with strong 2.1 still unemployed. I barely eat once daily

As for data subscription, some friends do help me with #200 airtime once in a while just to search online and apply for any opening

I'm always on free mode on nairaland through opera mini. Life has not been fair with me that i know

To cap it all, I'm just stuck in the house. No money to move around (Transportation) in search of job

I wish God could change my story for good. I'm getting depressed seriously
Wow, so sorry

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Olukokosir(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
Swipa:
I'm not even 20 yet. When Was The last time I asked my parents for money? Na Grace sha. I trade synthetic indices. It's actually easy money if you ask me....except when deriv decides to manipulate the market.

My oga abeg, can you enlighten me more on this through any channel abeg. Nigeria hard to stay when one is jobless. Please drop your email or Whatsapp number so I can get through to you.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by SHOCK7(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
gbaskiboy:
Is not easy at all, lost my job few month ago. Many times am lost in thought, can't sleep just feel helpless and useless. My wife will soon give birth, her mama go come for omugo, baby things, hospital bills, house rent and utility bills are just on me all alone and no work. Chai! !! !!
I feel for you, have you thought of online money making /gambling responsibility
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Makschinchin: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
God's grace ooo.. Make God just place you for where you go dey make a living..

Reading through this thread, I'm just seeing people complaining about losing their jobs and have nothing else to fall into. Sometimes na to enter any better business and be self employed better pass ooo especially with the way this country dey go so...

Make God dey help us sha cool

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by ONNYX: 5:45am On Oct 16, 2021
I have read through the entire thread.

Most people who posted here have already been damaged by our very defective school system. Very little can be done to help them out of their situation. The only succour they need is some kind of job…..and not just any job but a government job....perhaps they will get it as the dollar keeps rising...... after all this government has in place many socio economic improvement schemes including but not limited to NPower and tradermoni. But I nonetheless I wish them well.

There are however quite a few posters here who are truly genuine in their desire for improvement which would in turn lead to a job or better still an income. Help will naturally come to those few. It is for these few I wish to make a minute contribution:

If there is anyone here who seeks to develop a long term career in the baking industry, I can be of help. Now you don’t have to be a baker, there are really a lot of areas that have been developed that now require very astute professionalism.

If you are in Lagos, and are open to developing a career in the baking industry, then shoot me an email stating your area of interest and attach your detailed and up-to-date resume. I am not promising a job but I will provide free guidance to the first 10 Nairalanders that respond. This could be in the form of recommending you for a role or guiding you into earning an income in the very robust and seamless Food and Beverages Industry.

Please note that all the support I can give will be free of cost to you but also limited to remote channels (email and perhaps whatsapp only).

Only serious candidates who are desperate to bend over backwards to change their circumstances may reach out to me via onyxxbleu@gmail.com.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by danbincike: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2021
I read and go through the post of our dear friends. The truth is, we all face hardships of some kind, and you never know the struggles a person is going through. Behind every smile, there's a story of a personal struggle. Believe you me the hardships that we encountered will help us succeed in the future.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by VTJN(m): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2021
SHOCK7:

Wow, so sorry
Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by VTJN(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2021
vikgreen01:

There’s also an ongoing Nigeria jubilee fellows programme u can apply for free. If they pick u they will match ur with a company. Keep trying bro.

I have surf and still surfing some job search website I came across on nairaland even to the point I missed some vacancies that suit me and it pained me that I didn’t get to know about the website earlier. Don’t give up.
Websites like:
Hotnigeriajobs
Jobguru
Jobberman
Myjobmag
Jobzilla
Indeed
LinkedIn. Signing up on LinkedIn u can put up a post, there are lot of professionals, recruiters and people u can meet. A lot of beautiful stories been shared on that app.
Apply for online/virtual internship from company to improve ur experience and boost ur cv. Get yourself busy bro don’t complain we are bleeped in this part of the country we find ourselves. God will surely make a way.
Apply for graduate entry positions too. Start from somewhere and very soon we will testify bro.

Finally I applaud u for not indulging in fraudulent activities. All the best and God bless.!!!

Amen. Thanks a lot for your concern and input. I really do appreciate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Swipa: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
Olukokosir:

My oga abeg, can you enlighten me more on this through any channel abeg. Nigeria hard to stay when one is jobless. Please drop your email or Whatsapp number so I can get through to you.
send an email
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Blastedholligan: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
gbaskiboy:
I married her legally, I was balling fine until things turn around, I know it is momentary things would be fine bro
well, I wish you and your family blessings. Amen.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by franashi(f): 1:15am On Oct 17, 2021
What about someone outside Lagos like Ibadan?I am interested please
ONNYX:
I have read through the entire thread.

Most people who posted here have already been damaged by our very defective school system. Very little can be done to help them out of their situation. The only succour they need is some kind of job…..and not just any job but a government job....perhaps they will get it as the dollar keeps rising...... after all this government has in place many socio economic improvement schemes including but not limited to NPower and tradermoni. But I nonetheless I wish them well.

There are however quite a few posters here who are truly genuine in their desire for improvement which would in turn lead to a job or better still an income. Help will naturally come to those few. It is for these few I wish to make a minute contribution:

If there is anyone here who seeks to develop a long term career in the baking industry, I can be of help. Now you don’t have to be a baker, there are really a lot of areas that have been developed that now require very astute professionalism.

If you are in Lagos, and are open to developing a career in the baking industry, then shoot me an email stating your area of interest and attach your detailed and up-to-date resume. I am not promising a job but I will provide free guidance to the first 10 Nairalanders that respond. This could be in the form of recommending you for a role or guiding you into earning an income in the very robust and seamless Food and Beverages Industry.

Please note that all the support I can give will be free of cost to you but also limited to remote channels (email and perhaps whatsapp only).

Only serious candidates who are desperate to bend over backwards to change their circumstances may reach out to me via onyxxbleu@gmail.com.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by oyefhunke(f): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2021
vikgreen01:

Chevening, a uk �� government fully funded scholarship is currently ongoing and will close on November 2nd. Have u heard about it?. There’s no application fee just apply and write your essay with minimum of 2years of working experience.

Pls paste d link,I want to apply too....make una ep our lives
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Fidelmak(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
Draggun:

Pls, I'd like to learn graphics design. How can I contact you?
Okay no problem , send me an email
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Fidelmak(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
Kolenda:

Please can I contact you?
Okay send a mail
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Draggun(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2021
Fidelmak:

Okay no problem , send me an email

Pls check your mail box, I just sent you an email.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Nwaotu10(m): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
I'm not surviving. I'm dying grin
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by vikgreen01(m): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
oyefhunke:

Pls paste d link,I want to apply too....make una ep our lives

Google chevening there u will see the website link.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Adamkeyj(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
vikgreen01:

It’s not easy but u have to try. This is my 11x of trying. Both military and paramilitary.
NCO
Army 2x
Navy 2x
Airforce 1x
I was using my OND to apply while in uni Nd got shortlisted for navy(both the 2x I tried) and army(1x), but still I didn’t go.

CO
Army 1x
Navy 1x
Airforce 1x (still expecting solemnly on God)

Paramilitary
NIS 1x
NDLEA 1x
FRSC 1x
I won’t give up. Gotta keep trying.
I hope u got the airforce final list don comot o
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by vikgreen01(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
Adamkeyj:
I hope u got the airforce final list don comot o

I did Dssc. The newly released list is for airmen/airwomen bmtc
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Lovelygbems: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
If you need a side hustle to your main job......

You live in Lagos and have a lot of contacts

WhatsApp 07067025384
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Adamkeyj(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
vikgreen01:

I did Dssc. The newly released list is for airmen/airwomen bmtc
ok that good but try take up the btmc too cuz dssc only takes 3 candidate per state and the chances are slim cuz big men children dey but u can apply as trade come out with ur corporal rank then with time go for course to archive CO . rather than always depending on that short service alone. why didn't u take the Navy u for be big boi now ..
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Neduzze5(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dotmanmcdon:

Send me an email
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by vikgreen01(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Adamkeyj:
ok that good but try take up the btmc too cuz dssc only takes 3 candidate per state and the chances are slim cuz big men children dey but u can apply as trade come out with ur corporal rank then with time go for course to archive CO . rather than always depending on that short service alone. why didn't u take the Navy u for be big boi now ..

Let’s say busy schedules disrupted my chances in the past. Who knows if I wud av been lucky with one of the navy stuff but now I have grown pass the age for other rank that’s why I am pushing for short service. I have my link may God just crown everything. Thanks for that pieces.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Adamkeyj(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
vikgreen01:

Let’s say busy schedules disrupted my chances in the past. Who knows if I wud av been lucky with one of the navy stuff but now I have grown pass the age for other rank that’s why I am pushing for short service. I have my link may God just crown everything. Thanks for that pieces.
You welcome bro success all the way sir

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by oyefhunke(f): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
vikgreen01:

Google chevening there u will see the website link.
op 2.2 ft apply sha
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Donclique(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
vikgreen01:

Do you mind linking me up with your link for the airforce? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates / Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.