Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy (21917 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Odunharry(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
So na pepper and the bobo no fit grind? Hungry neva catch am o

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MangekyoAlt: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Leave him alone!
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Sonnobax15(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
In your own house ? Biko I hate maltreatment but I can’t advise you to be rude to him as well.

What I’d do ?

I’d just fold myself in one corner holding my belly, crying...no one will tell him what next he is to do about his hungry stomach.

Cramps can be extremely frustrating, like you won’t even be able to do absolutely anything and with this kind of pressure, oh I can’t even imagine!!!
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Torosk1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
So?

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Trojan8(m): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
This gave you out. You never liked your cousin and him resisting the way you are trying to push him around,you came up with these lies. Why are your parents not complaining? Why must it be you? Who pound pepper before for you when you are in your period? Wicked girl.
How do you reason abeg?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by SeriouslySense(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
cheesy cheesy, he should try and learn how to cook. i am not taking anyone's side

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by cooooooks(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
In her parents' house. Where are her parents?

Xilsbridalhouse:

In your own house ? Biko I hate maltreatment but I can’t advise you to be rude to him as well.

Lool. You want to scar the "poor boy" for life.
Xilsbridalhouse:

I’d just fold myself in one corner holding my belly, crying...no one will tell him what next he is to do about his hungry stomach.

Cramps can be extremely frustrating, like you won’t even be able to do absolutely anything and with this kind of pressure, oh I can’t even imagine!!!
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Karmatyra(f): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Take him to that Islamic school in kwara make them show am the way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Douze: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
An elderly person he respects should talk sense into him. If this doesn't work, he should find somewhere else to live.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by hustla(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

What I’d do ?

E never hungry

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by rosalieene(f): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Inside life, person wey broke wey dem dy feed still feels like say E get choice.

OP, you're very calm o
Let that your cousin brother mistakenly jam me. I will show him pepper.
What nonsense!
It's the AUDACITY FOR ME!
Your parents should bundle him back home, afterall it's his mates that are out there hustling and struggling. If he is looking for who he will Lord over, let him go and make some money first.
Mtcheewww

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by pocohantas(f): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
cooooooks:
- which men you dey meet? Haba. All the men posting on the food picture thread nko?

They are the exception. We don’t have more than 5 thorough male cooks on the food thread. The rest post meals made by their (side) chicks or the ones they bought from a restaurant.

- as for female drivers. It depends. Those of us with moms who drive, and sisters who drive, no get that kind sexism.

Good for you. smiley
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.

Shout like a failed musician got me howling.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by rosalieene(f): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Odunharry:
So na pepper and the bobo no fit grind? Hungry neva catch am o
Hey yo
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Sambaby7640: 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Help pls!!!

I'm a student and this money will go a long way

All you have to do is click the link below/ on my signature or copy and paste on your web browser. It will redirect you to Instagram (app or web)

2. Then Like the pic

It's a like competition and pic with most likes wins.

It won't take you up to ten seconds I promise.

You can help a student please
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
greenie77:
How old is he? angry

Living with relatives and still feeling entitled. He should be man enough to provide for himself and assist his birth family who are financially struggling.

His parents spoilt him.
Why shouldn't he feel entitled?? Are they not his family?
Where i come from we treat cousins like blood brothers and sisters

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pillow talking ?? shocked

Niggas, that shyt for the Ho's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by LordReed(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
If a woman can't cook and keep house , then what's her purpose in this life ? Mtchwwwundecided

BassReeves come and see what your fellow believer thinks is a woman's purpose. LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So people like Gordon Ramsay and other Kitchen geniuses who also happen to male disgust you? undecided
lol I just don't like seeing men in the kitchen

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Amalekki: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Just one side of the story is incomplete and could be dangerous cool .

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Johnnie01(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
cool
Hunger never mend that guy.
I dey 400L
I be dey first child but ah de sweep,wash plate,fetch water and even cook for my family....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
This gave you out. You never liked your cousin and him resisting the way you are trying to push him around,you came up with these lies. Why are your parents not complaining? Why must it be you? Who pound pepper before for you when you are in your period? Wicked girl.
She's just a lazy brat... If i was that her cousin i would beat sense into her.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by bluebay(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
I understand your point but asking a Guy, someone a bit older than you to use manually grind pepper,
Is something else . Truth to be said … You would have suggested something easier for him to do.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by greenie77: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Why shouldn't he feel entitled?? Are they not his family?
Where i come from we treat cousins like blood brothers and sisters

So what stops him from helping out his cousin (the OP) in the food preparation that he is also going to eat from?

10 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by SocialJustice: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.
Everything you have written here, you should tell him to his face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Odunharry(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
rosalieene:

Hey yo
Hey.. What's good.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by CSNg: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
@Abetterperson

Let's hear from your cousin first!

Cos I don't really think that you would calmly ask him to grind pepper and he would flare up. You might have raised your voice on him simply because of the entitlement that "you own the house" under where he is taking shelter .

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by cooooooks(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
It's like the way to Poco's heart is by cooking.

grin

But in reality, the men who were youth when I was a child ALL cooked. I learned from my mom and aunts while in primary school.

From traditional male cooking (roasting) to soups, etc.

Also, without cooking, how will a guy managé in school or as single?

Cooking is very important.
pocohantas:

They are the exception. We don’t have more than 5 thorough male cooks on the food thread. The rest post meals made by their (side) chicks or the ones they bought from a restaurant.

Good for you. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by BRATISLAVA: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you believe males can only learn from males? That very myopic thinking is part reason why the monkey probably ended up an eejit to begin with. undecided
What happened to you today?

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by lilyheaven: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:

When you finally travel abroad now, go marry Oyibo wife, you will be doing all these chores with happiness,
Can’t that guy enter kitchen , cook rice and stew for everyone to eat?
At least food dey house

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by SeriouslySense(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
lilyheaven:

When you finally travel abroad now, go marry Oyibo wife, you will be doing all these chores with happiness,
Can’t that guy enter kitchen , cook rice and stew for everyone to eat?
At least food dey house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / Eight Things Happy People Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.