Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy (21908 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Plead:

If women didn't exist, won't you enter kitchen?
Women weren't born with special kitchen hands.
As long we live under the same roof she must be the one to cook... I can cook if i am alone. It's simple!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Ferrous(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
I think, that should be as a result of overpampering from his biological parents.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by dingbang(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
He is your elder. Be humble.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Walkee: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
Plead:
Women are the gatekeepers of patriarchy. If you check well, his parents allowed this fvckery in their home. They didn't teach him how to cook and make him to see it as a necessity,they probably allowed only his sisters to do the cooking and house clean up.
Deny it all you want, but the truth is kids pick up things they see their parents doing. If he always see only his mom and sisters cooking, he'll assume it's meant for women alone especially as the father doesn't do it.
yen yen yen. It depends on the house. In some homes, where they use firewood to cook or do physically demanding work, the guys are expected to split firewood, do all the heavy lifting while the girls cook. You won't tell the girls to come and do those heavy work, why should the boys do the lighter work like cooking with girls?
I always see females moaning about cooking lol. My girlfriend feels fulfilled if I even eat the food she cooks. All these moanings actually stem from see finish.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
lmaoo but to eat the food that comes out of the kitchen isn't abomination? grin

That's how they just waste your type for nothing by Just cooking anything for you e.g cooking food with unclean water or dirty pot
It's your type women use and clean table... That's if you're a guy.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
What happened to you today?
Huh? undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by elhafeez(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
His oarent trained him poorly.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Ferrous(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
If a woman can't cook and keep house , then what's her purpose in this life ? Mtchwwwundecided

Don't justify 'nonsense'
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
lol I just don't like seeing men in the kitchen
It is wrong thinking built on sexist views no different from the idea that women are meant for the kitchen. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Read between the lines please. She only retorted because of the statement someone else made. I am a man, and i hate when men feel that that have no obligations towards household duties. I work, my wife works, we cant both get home for example and i am waiting for her to cook, clean and take care of my son, all at the same time. Not that she cant do it herself, but she also had a busy day too. What's stops me from saying , ok babe, you can start the cooking, let me arrange the house and we can both look after our son. That way we will even finish faster and get more time to rest. A woman is not only good for cooking and cleaning, she is a human being with other wonderful qualities. The fact that a woman cannot cook does not mean she was not brought up right. If the man knows how to cook, teach her, that is another way both of you can bond.
Justbehave:
This gave you out. You never liked your cousin and him resisting the way you are trying to push him around,you came up with these lies. Why are your parents not complaining? Why must it be you? Who pound pepper before for you when you are in your period? Wicked girl.

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
cooooooks:
- which men you dey meet? Haba. All the men posting on the food picture thread nko?

- as for female drivers. It depends. Those of us with moms who drive, and sisters who drive, no get that kind sexism.
Abi ooo! undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Dollarship(m): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nigga is lazy Eweeee cheesy
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Wow, so domestic violence is a solution right? very immature..
Fuckthamods:

She's just a lazy brat... If i was that her cousin i would beat sense into her.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by iykedonp: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Are you in anyway implying that he doesn't have a job. He stays at home and eats 3 square meals. This guy must be lucky.
He might have grown but he is not an adult. So, in line with this, he expects you to be treating him as a kid.
My candid advice to you is this: don't insult him, don't fight him and finally, if you can't bear it, report to your mum.
He doesn't know what he is doing to himself.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by bukatyne(f): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

I respect your opinion. I am going to tell him to be a man and Leave our house because if a man can't provide for himself then what's his purpose sad

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is wrong thinking built on sexist views no different from the idea that women are meant for the kitchen. undecided
Lol we all know that's an archaic mentality
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Lol we all know that's an archaic mentality
Archaic or nonsensical? undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Obica:
Wow, so domestic violence is a solution right? very immature..
Nothing like domestic violence here, abi your elders didn't beat you when you were young or what?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by elonmuskbaby: 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

It's your type women use and clean table... That's if you're a guy.
yinmu

You don't demand respect by forming gra gra or feeling entitled,you earn it.theres a way you treat a woman or talk to a woman that even if you don't do anything, you will earn her respect and she will even be the one asking you brother what will you eat for lunch but to be forming commander on top empty pride is a stupidd and shameless thing.not only will he loose respect,he will be a subject of scorn and mockery among people who shouldn't

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
pocohantas:

If he is a professional or good at it, fine. Most (Nigerian) men are VERY clumsy in the kitchen. They take ages to cut ordinary onions. Mess up the whole place and are totally clueless on how to do many things at the same time in the kitchen. The sight of this infuriates me and I would rather I don’t see such. Not forgetting that the meal would most likely be basic at best.

Sounds sexist, I know. Men feel the same way about female drivers.

I would personally not have a problem with a man not cooking. The problem would be if/when he opens his mouth to say it is below him. Just like the ediot in the OP’s house.

@bold:

Is it sexist though? undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Very Well said.
Reptyle:

The guy unfortunately picked up this poor mindset from his upbringing. There are a lot of homes where parents actively make their male kids feel superior to their female kids by not allowing them to do any house chores. Secondly, you can have a situation where the boy watched his father treat his own mother like a house maid in the name of "culture and tradition" and felt that is the way life is wired.

I think your mum and dad can lovingly but firmly help him correct this warped mindset now that he lives with your family. On your own part, you need to be a bit more understanding of the fact that he just comes from a different upbringing from yours. Rather than tow this part of hostile aggression, I suggest you adopt a more friendly approach so your position on the matter can be well received.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
These are not kids that you are trying to inculcate some sense of manners, these are adults.
Fuckthamods:

Nothing like domestic violence here, abi your elders didn't beat you when you were young or what?
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
yinmu

You don't demand respect by forming gra gra or feeling entitled,you earn it.theres a way you treat a woman or talk to a woman that even if you don't do anything, you will earn her respect and she will even be the one asking you brother what will you eat for lunch but to be forming commander on top empty pride is a stupidd and shameless thing.not only will he loose respect,he will be a subject of scorn and mockery among people who shouldn't
You want a Nigerian woman to respect you without putting her where she belongs then you are on a loooong thing. You don't earn a Nigerian woman's respect, you take it!
Pussy

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by bukatyne(f): 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
wunmi590:

There's nothing bad for men to be in the kitchen...

I don't know how to cook, but believe me house chores, mostly kitchen, I make sure that everything is clean...

One of the things my wife enjoyed about me is, I don't joke with neatness, once she's done in the kitchen, I go inside and learn everywhere up if am around....

Abeg stop chasing your brothers away from the kitchen, even if they don't know how to cook, they should learn how to keep kitchen neat and clean...

cheesy

I can't pound yam however I am a master mortar cleaner grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.
You refused to call him your cousin. Anyway just mind your business. When hunger nack him he will be polite.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
Obica:
These are not kids that you are trying to inculcate some sense of manners, these are adults.
Adults living with parents and dragging food?
Think na.. They are obviously teenagers or in their early 20s

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
May whatever he believes in open his eyes to see the way to the kitchen.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Elibakon: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
My dear, just starve him and all that rubbish will stop... my younger brother of 2 years acted that way, he would finish eating and not even wash plates, won't even help out when I'm cooking. I stopped cooking, I eat outside very well before coming home or buy bread, cereal, etc. When he saw hunger for 2 weeks and considered the cost of spending his money on buying food, he had to give himself sense.
Cooking and housekeeping are basic life skills and I see people that can not do these things as irresponsible

Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Druss(m): 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Where is your father?
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Subsea101: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Chimmooo... grin grin shocked shocked

Abetterperson:

I respect your opinion. I am going to tell him to be a man and Leave our house because if a man can't provide for himself then what's his purpose sad
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by wunmi590(m): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
bukatyne:

cheesy

I can't pound yam however I am a master mortar cleaner grin cheesy

At least you know how to clean, some slayqueen don't know what it is even called, but they would be the first to request for pounded yam cheesy

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
I have a Nigerian wife, we have been together for eleven years. I sponsored her to Canada and she didn't change. Listen, a good woman is a good woman. Maybe you have unfortunate with woman, or maybe you attract who you are.
Fuckthamods:

You want a Nigerian woman to respect you without putting her where she belongs then you are on a loooong thing. You don't earn a Nigerian woman's respect, you take it!
Pussy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? / Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.