Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy (21914 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by emmy512: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
Me that like to prep my own food.
Sometimes it's how you train your male child that affects their attitude towards cooking.

As early as primary school i d follow go market.
I like kitchen, nigerian food tv dob teach me enough that i don't need anyone to cook for me.
As the hungry come i fix it.

Forget his attitude towards female but the attitude of having to wait to be cooked for will Bleep him up.

Just ignore him.
As for your mom she just doesn't want to be the one that'll be accused of using him as errand boy or House boy cos that's what he'll say to people outside d house

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by descarado: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
pocohantas:

If he is a professional or good at it, fine. Most (Nigerian) men are VERY clumsy in the kitchen. They take ages to cut ordinary onions. Mess up the whole place and are totally clueless on how to do many things at the same time in the kitchen. The sight of this infuriates me and I would rather I don’t see such. Not forgetting that the meal would most likely be basic at best.

Sounds sexist, I know. Men feel the same way about female drivers.

I would personally not have a problem with a man not cooking. The problem would be if/when he opens his mouth to say it is below him. Just like the ediot in the OP’s house.
Here parents especially mothers failed woefully.
Why can't a man cook for heaven's sake?

Guys in my family both extended cook better than females. You must cook o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by descarado: 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

As long we live under the same roof she must be the one to cook... I can cook if i am alone. It's simple!
See this one.
When they say men come out, this one go join.

Kekekekeke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
pocohantas:
You are getting me wrong. If one person has to cook, it would most likely be me. Not him. He Nothing wrong with my mindset. wink
Isn’t it? grin
Do not key your mindset keep you from experiencing the best of your companions. undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
You usually aren't that aggressive. You're more of a pacifist inciter. undecided

What happened to you today?
Pacifist inciter? Heck no! undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
descarado:

See this one.
When they say men come out, this one go join.

Kekekekeke
Tell that to your father..
I don't know you and i never mentioned you, so don't come to my mentions with foolishness.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by arthurwillia(m): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.

What part of the countreee is he from abeg?
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by BRATISLAVA: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Pacifist inciter? Heck no! undecided

Nazi pacifist then?
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by BRATISLAVA: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
descarado:

Here parents especially mothers failed woefully.
Why can't a man cook for heaven's sake?

Guys in my family both extended cook better than females. You must cook o.

It's just a custom that men love because it means they can put up their legs and relax and magically food appears without stress. Then the men cultivate it by acting like—read pretending— they can't cut things and cook so that someone else(women) will take over and do the work for them while they relax doing nothing—mostly when women are present.

The people who began that is actually some mothers, when they segregate household duties from childhood. It results in dirtier and lazier adult men, because they know they won't be the ones cleaning up or doing dishes or cooking.

Everyone must cook and clean. I'm always surprised to read topics like this. How do these people expect their sons to be functional?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ardar:
Sadly he-goats like him are everywhere like the one above me now.

I just wish I was in your shoes op because na sand mixed with grass that f.ool go chop las las. For my own house you dey form boss for me kai.
Sorry, u get house?, I mean ur own house?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by newdawn2017(f): 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
If a woman can't cook and keep house , then what's her purpose in this life ? Mtchwwwundecided
may u fail at every u do, may sorrow trail u.[img][/img]
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by elantraceey(f): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lmao..... Everybody go just stay hungry.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Walkee: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Division of labor means a man should nor cook? undecided

If you eat the food your girlfriend or female friend cooks they ought to be happy? SMH! Na wa ooo undecided
yes they normally are. The compound I was staying before, the girls there normally always want to cook for me but I always refuse because I don't eat other people's food. Eating my girlfriend's food means she is special. I can sleep on empty stomach while you're are feasting right in front of me.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by descarado: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Tell that to your father..
I don't know you and i never mentioned you, so don't come to my mentions with foolishness.
Until you start reasoning like a man instead of a person lacking in self confidence, you will always get peoples attention including me.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MufasaLion: 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Another debased bastàrd that feeds on stupidity

Bloody nitwit!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Akuruoulo(m): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Cyphar:
That part "shouting like a failed musician" gat me laughing out loud. grin grin grin

Well... Remind him that the place is not his house.
He'll be back to his sences cheesy

This sound maltreating bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by UwaMmebii(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
That ur mum must be a good woman because If na some women that guy will be the one that will be cooking food for the whole family wether there is female or not. He is lucky cos if na one gal I know hahaha let me not talk. U dey form boss for ppls house? Haba mana
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by ImaIma1(f): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
This gave you out. You never liked your cousin and him resisting the way you are trying to push him around,you came up with these lies. [b]Why are your parents not complaining? Why must it be you? [/b]Who pound pepper before for you when you are in your period? Wicked girl.

Maybe because it's not the parents he's acting up with.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Elidrisy20: 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Now if he happen to be your husband, is that the same attitude you are going to show him?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by ImaIma1(f): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ignore him and don't give him the kind of attention he's looking for. If possible, go out so that he'll look for how to sort himself out.

After a while when he sees that you don't send him, he'll learn to do it himself or ask nicely.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Walkee:
yes they normally are. The compound I was staying before, the girls there normally always want to cook for me but I always refuse because I don't eat other people's food. Eating my girlfriend's food means she is special. I can sleep on empty stomach while you're are feasting right in front of me.
Eating your girlfriends food means she is special? undecided
The kain belief some of you dey still get dey cause me to seriously wonder about how far deep into foolishness the current population don fall into. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by cayorday89(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.
When next he does that, try recording the conversation and send to his parent and ask them how they did not train their child well, how old is he by the way to be having such guts to command people anyhow in their own house... Your Mum is also not helping matters, how will she allow such behavior from a grown ass guy...

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Walkee: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Eating your girlfriends food means she is special? undecided
The kain belief some of you dey still get dey cause cause to seriously wonder. undecided
yes and it's not a belief, it is a fact. Maybe you lose your head at the sight of food. I don't. I can't count the number of girls I have refused to cook for me

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Originalsly: 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
You know how he is ....why not prepare food for him instead of waiting for your mom to instruct you to? Tomorrow he no longer has to ask ... you'll have to follow your mom's instructions. You should've prepared the food.... a peppery one ... using the hottest peppers and add a powerful laxative to that stew. After this ... do you really think this problem will arise Again? He will either learn to cook for himself.... or to withstand hunger.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Cyphar(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Akuruoulo:

This sound maltreating bro.

Maltreatment? You command no respect where you are being tolerated. wink
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Cousin9999: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Don't waste your energy. He's a clown, so let him deal with the consequences of that. Let his clothes be dirty and his belly empty. When reality sinks in, he'll grow up.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Walkee:
yes and it's not a belief, it is a fact. Maybe you lose your head at the sight of food. I don't. I can't count the number of girls I have refused to cook for me
It is your belief since these are ideas you live your life by. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by sonofanarchy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Cyphar:
That part "shouting like a failed musician" gat me laughing out loud. grin grin grin

Well... Remind him that the place is not his house.
He'll be back to his sences cheesy
why she no just mention airforce1 at once

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by sisisioge: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin grin grin grin

See someone a woman has raised so woefully! Pool squatter with attitude. E go soon clear for him eyes o angry.

Screaming like failed musician ni gba!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by purples25(f): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

She's just a lazy brat... If i was that her cousin i would beat sense into her.

Beat her with her pains on her period? Of course. You just don't have any compassion for pain that you yourself are not going through.

You would beat her for not getting up to cook for you, for asking you to help. You are violent. And someone actually has this animalistic mindset and liked your post!

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
[s]
purples25:

Beat her with her pains on her period? Of course. You just don't have any compassion for pain that you yourself are not going through.

You would beat her for not getting up to cook for you, for asking you to help. You are violent. And someone actually has this animalistic mindset and liked your post!
[/s]
The usual victim mentality..
Many females work with period, that nonsense shouldn't be an excuse. If she doesn't watch her mouth she deserves to be beaten black and blue.. Period or not.
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / Eight Things Happy People Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.