Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy (21916 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by anyicash(m): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Tell him to go and marry, tell him to leave your house and go back to his parents house asap.. He is not a good man.. Send him packing immediately and stop giving him food.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Plead:
Women are the gatekeepers of patriarchy. If you check well, his parents allowed this fvckery in their home. They didn't teach him how to cook and make him to see it as a necessity,they probably allowed only his sisters to do the cooking and house clean up.
Deny it all you want, but the truth is kids pick up things they see their parents doing. If he always see only his mom and sisters cooking, he'll assume it's meant for women alone especially as the father doesn't do it.
My sentiments exactly! undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Darkmode64: 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Good luck with that. But just know you're living in Nigeria , not New York where feminism and stupidity go hand in hand
I don't understand the point you're driving at here. So she's supposed to become a slave to her cousin and constantly yield to his demands, while he can't help no matter how little? With his entitled behaviour.
Kids on nairaland sha. You obviously weren't raised right. I'll be waiting for your rubbish reply. Ode

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Trojan8(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
Sissy's like you won't understand

Get a house before trying to act like an Alfa Mail.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Lamasta(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Family matter my hand no deh. But let hear from the guy first.

Op the guy is your senior and I believe you talked to him rudely because you feels his family don't have and he came to stay in your house so he most act like a house boy to you.

You and everyone supporting you here are stupid, just imagine the crap you say about him. Of a truth you are an entitle bitch.
She wants to turn the guy to an house help just cos he came to stay with them due to his parent financial challenges....
With the way she was describing the innocent guy I already knows hate is involve and she will be happy if the guy leaves their house any moment...

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
anyicash:
Tell him to go and marry, tell him to leave your house and go back to his parents house asap.. He is not a good man.. Send him packing immediately and stop giving him food.
By asking he marry are you suggesting he pay(bride price) for a slave of his own called a wife? undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Daroldigits: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
He's becoming an irresponsible man that will become an irresponsible husband and raise an irresponsible child as well

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by macho44(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.
Just like your moniker says, make him "ABetterPerson" grin
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
imagine if he was a woman.now imagine the insults she will have gotten about how much of a spoilt brat or slay queen she is grin
lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by jaxxy(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.

When I was growing up and after the maids left I cooked for my siblings when it was necessary it has completely nothing to do with being a man.

Ur cousin is just a big duchebag with no common sense. Ur parents shouldn’t treat him specially or else he will only get rotten because right now he’s spoilt with no manners or sense of responsibility a guy should have.

Let ur parents correct him immediately pls. Everybody should be treated thesame. Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Justbehave(m): 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Trojan8:

Get a house before trying to act like an Alfa Mail.
Come let my kids feed you. Sissy. Just beloved her lies because she is a girl.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MNDY(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Walkee:
yen yen yen. It depends on the house. In some homes, where they use firewood to cook or do physically demanding work, the guys are expected to split firewood, do all the heavy lifting while the girls cook. You won't tell the girls to come and do those heavy work, why should the boys do the lighter work like cooking with girls?
I always see females moaning about cooking lol. My girlfriend feels fulfilled if I even eat the food she cooks. All these moanings actually stem from see finish.

My brother, oil of sense dey your head.
The cousin may have been doing other works appropriate for a male child in that house o.
But because of see finish, this girl wants to rubbish the guy. No matter what anyone says, cooking (home) and everything associated with it is appropriate for a woman only.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
Walkee:
yen yen yen. It depends on the house. In some homes, where they use firewood to cook or do physically demanding work, the guys are expected to split firewood, do all the heavy lifting while the girls cook. You won't tell the girls to come and do those heavy work, why should the boys do the lighter work like cooking with girls?
I always see females moaning about cooking lol. My girlfriend feels fulfilled if I even eat the food she cooks. All these moanings actually stem from see finish.
Because a man splits wood means cooking is not for him? The way some if you reason causes me to wonder about the future of that country. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Danjikanbauchi: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lamasta:

He want to turn the guy to an house help just cos he came to stay with them due to his parent financial challenges....
With the way she was describing the innocent guy I already knows hate is involve and she will be happy if the guy leaves their house any moment...
you are there, the lady want the guy be be obedient to her because he is staying with them. Wicked girls we have this days, and the guy even senior her.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by elonmuskbaby: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

You want a Nigerian woman to respect you without putting her where she belongs then you are on a loooong thing. You don't earn a Nigerian woman's respect, you take it!
Pussy
social media noise and empty braggado don't do shiii

Who wants respect you when you no get money you come get empty pride on top? You wan force respect grin grin grin

Forced respect will only attract scorn i.e pretending to respect you while laughing at you and Making a joke out of you.my dear young boy.its clear you have a lot of growing up to do

Ok you expect people like Cubana to force respect.their self respect has already earned them respect grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Covenanted: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
I just pity the woman that he would marry someday.

Men! Let's do better!

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by AkaraAndBread: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

I respect your opinion. I am going to tell him to be a man and Leave our house because if a man can't provide for himself then what's his purpose sad

Come and receive your award...

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Trojan8(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
Come let my kids feed you. Sissy. Just beloved her lies because she is a girl.
Even broke clowns are richer than Dangote on Nairaland. If you have children with this shitty mentality, then I can't help but fear for the future of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by ledaman: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
If a woman can't cook and keep house , then what's her purpose in this life ? Mtchwwwundecided
You must be on weed with this ur statement undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by femi4: 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

grin grin grin
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
Obica:
I have a Nigerian wife, we have been together for eleven years. I sponsored her to Canada and she didn't change. Listen, a good woman is a good woman. Maybe you have unfortunate with woman, or maybe you attract who you are.
Lucky you... The ones like her are 1 in a million. Make sure you love her, but her ordering you to the kitchen shouldn't be overlooked. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Darkmode64: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're being more stupid than necessary. Kindly stay the fvck off my mentions
Keep dwelling on self-imposed ignorance. You'll wallow in abject poverty of the mind. Òde once again
I'm in your mentions and there's nothing you can do about it. tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Walkee: 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Because a man splits wood means cooking is not for him? The way some if you reason causes me to wonder about the future of that country. undecided
ever heard of division of Labour? tell that girl to come and split firewood or do heavy work she will tell you it's boys' work, why should boys do girls work? Keep rolling on the floor for females to trample on.
By the way, if I eat the food you cook as a girlfriend or female friend you should be very happy because I'd rather drink garri and salt than eat food cooked by another person.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
I didn't know we have this much women on nairaland. As the matter favour woman dem don show hahaha.

Well, if you want to be a boss do it in your house, you can't go live with someone else and try to control him or her irrespective of the age, when you don't pay the bills.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MufasaLion: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
If a woman can't cook and keep house , then what's her purpose in this life ? Mtchwwwundecided

Shut up!

Is your problem hereditary? Why must you display some foolishness always?

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Wahala for the guys that can't cook. Even if a lady must do any shakara for me, not cooking stuff.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by BRATISLAVA: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Huh? undecided

You usually aren't that aggressive. You're more of a pacifist inciter. undecided

What happened to you today?
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by greatiyk4u(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
The OP is simply looking down on the cousin for the following reasons

1...His family is undergoing financial troubles
2...the guy is broke and no sign of making it soon
3....she doesn't like him
4.....He is staying in their house

Does it mean if the OP was her direct Biological brother she will treat him like that?
If the guy has made good wealth will she behave same?

If she is asked to wash car every morning will she agree to help the guy out?

I don't see any reason we should be forming western thereby allowing our cultural identity go into extinction by miasma of copycat of western culture

Her aim is for the guy to leave the house whereas the mother understands the financial situation of her sister(the guy mum)

Questions asking for answers
How old is the guy
What is his educational qualifications
What is he into
Which tribe are you guys from
What is the Op own qualifications and contributions to the running of the family?

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Walkee:
ever heard of division of Labour? tell that girl to come and split firewood or do heavy work she will tell you it's boys' work, why should boys do girls work? Keep rolling on the floor for females to trample on.
By the way, if I eat the food you cook as a girlfriend or female friend you should be very happy because I'd rather drink garri and salt than eat food cooked by another person.
Division of labor means a man should nor cook? undecided

If you eat the food your girlfriend or female friend cooks they ought to be happy? SMH! Na wa ooo undecided
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by pocohantas(f): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The reason the OP is having to deal with what she is even today is because of silly sexist ideas such as the one you are spewing here. Change your mindset if you want others to change too. undecided

You are getting me wrong. If one person has to cook, it would most likely be me. Not him. He Nothing wrong with my mindset. wink

bukatyne:

@bold:
Is it sexist though? undecided

Isn’t it? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls / Eight Things Happy People Have In Common / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.