Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy (21909 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Seun4blue(m): 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Honestly that guy doesn't know he's wrong. He was made to believe that women are slaves. please you need to correct him either orally or materially. He will never forget what you are about to teach him FOR GOOD
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
What will you prove by beating her? that you are stronger than her? or that you have taught her lesson?, I am actually speechless at your confidence discussing domestic violence in this manner. I am the only son of my dad and i have 3 sisters, that is why your statements get to me. And i guess i am also feeling so disgusted because i am in law enforcement. I don't know if you are based in Nigeria or outside Nigeria, but statements like this are what gets you in trouble in the future. My sincere advice to you is simple, change your attitude towards women, or one day, you may find yourself at the receiving end of a very dangerous episode.
Fuckthamods:
[s][/s]
The usual victim mentality..
Many females work with period, that nonsense shouldn't be an excuse. If she doesn't watch her mouth she deserves to be beaten black and blue.. Period or not.
Rubbish

7 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Midas01: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
You must be very very mad and I'm here to tell you.

Now listen. If you're not a woman, never ever speak on women affairs especially when you don't know shiiit about it.

Have you experienced menstrual pain before ?

Menstrual pain has landed me on the hospital bed three times in my life and I'm not the only one. I got to later find out that lots of other women are like that even some of my friends.

Infact you're just a slowpoke there's no need explaining anything to you.

OgunLaakaye:

Exactly!

If a lady cannot cook and manage the house, then of what use is she?

Does it mean her husband won’t eat whenever she is on her period

This western civilization has really caused havoc

To just cook food come become oppression.

Make God just protect person from this kind lady, Cos you will have to fast when she is on her period. And when she gets pregnant, just go back to your parents house cos Na hunger go kill you.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
Midas01:
You must be very very mad and I'm here to tell you.

Now listen. If you're not a woman, never ever speak on women affairs especially when you don't know shiiit about it.

Have you experienced menstrual pain before ?

Menstrual pain has landed me on the hospital bed three times in my life and I'm not the only one. I got to later find out that lots of other women are like that even some of my friends.

Infact you're just a slowpoke there's no need explaining anything to you.

So your husband/boyfriend is mandated to fast every month?

God have mercy!

menstrual cramps will start denying men food.

When you now get pregnant, 9 months fast will begin

Can imagine that thing you call a man would have lost weight. Just release him and let him go back to his parents house.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by purples25(f): 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:
[s][/s]
The usual victim mentality..
Many females work with period, that nonsense shouldn't be an excuse. If she doesn't watch her mouth she deserves to be beaten black and blue.. Period or not.
Rubbish

You are not feeling any pain, not for a day. That is why you can open your mouth and call everything rubbish.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Justbehave(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
purples25:

You are not feeling any pain, not for a day. That is why you can open your mouth and call everything rubbish.
So who was pounding the pepper before he came? Let's agree she only have such pains during her period? Or she doesn't cook during those period?
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by kingsceedon(m): 10:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.

Make una send him back to his family, asap

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by kushme: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

I respect your opinion. I am going to tell him to be a man and Leave our house because if a man can't provide for himself then what's his purpose sad

Feminism producing stubborn idiots. You better drop that mentality if you truly want to be Abetterperson..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 11:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
[s]
Obica:
What will you prove by beating her? that you are stronger than her? or that you have taught her lesson?, I am actually speechless at your confidence discussing domestic violence in this manner. I am the only son of my dad and i have 3 sisters, that is why your statements get to me. And i guess i am also feeling so disgusted because i am in law enforcement. I don't know if you are based in Nigeria or outside Nigeria, but statements like this are what gets you in trouble in the future. My sincere advice to you is simple, change your attitude towards women, or one day, you may find yourself at the receiving end of a very dangerous episode.
[/s]
Too weak.. You can never be in law enforcement else you jeopardize your squad because of woman

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by 30naira: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

I respect your opinion. I am going to tell him to be a man and Leave our house because if a man can't provide for himself then what's his purpose sad

This is the greatest come back of the century. grin
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MummyD2020(f): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Please send him to my house,he needs proper upbringing. But honestly I don't like seeing men do chores especially kitchen chores.I use to pursue my brothers to live the kitchen arena as I find it disgusting seeing men in the kitchen.Try your best to endure him as he won't live with you forever, its just for some times, please be patient with him till he leaves.

When u are burdened with chores, or caring for an infant and a toddler, you will not know when u will ask ur hubby 'honey what did u cook'. Anybody can cook oh. No go kill urself o when u cant imagine a man doing chores. They only pretend.
They can improvise with full speed when the chips are down. Na wayo full their head. As for Op's cousin, the mum has bred a demon and i pity the wife.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by purples25(f): 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
So who was pounding the pepper before he came? Let's agree she only have such pains during her period? Or she doesn't cook during those period?

OK, let me even take it personal. I'm on my period, yet I went to work today. I was busy from seven till five thirty, and when I got home, my mother insulted me for sitting down, I had to get up and cook. Generally for years now e no consign anybody, I will say I'm on my period yet they will urge me to get up and cook. Nobody says sit down, you must be feeling pains, don't cook today. If my mother mistakenly enters the kitchen I'm in soup.

All these may seem normal but honestly, it is not good. How do you expect the woman to feel? Or are you just catching cruise here? Lol.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MummyD2020(f): 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Nothing like domestic violence here, abi your elders didn't beat you when you were young or what?

Remember he is not even in his house.. How do u now suggest he should beat the gal? Meaning he must have used blows and kicks on both his sisters and mum

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Beey(f): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

Hahaa that’s my girl. Zero tolerance for foolishness.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MummyD2020(f): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
descarado:

Here parents especially mothers failed woefully.
Why can't a man cook for heaven's sake?

Guys in my family both extended cook better than females. You must cook o.

It will even help becos you dont know how tomorrow will be, but u use that as survival. But people's ignorance, arrogance and foolish pride will make dem suffer unnecessarily

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Beey(f): 11:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Good luck with that. But just know you're living in Nigeria , not New York where feminism and stupidity go hand in hand
But he shouldn’t be flexing his masculinity in people’s homes. He should show his masculinity & stupidity in his own house or better still get a woman to boss around & yell at. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
MummyD2020:

Remember he is not even in his house.. How do u now suggest he should beat the gal? Meaning he must have used blows and kicks on both his sisters and mum
It's senseless to include mum.. How can a sane person beat mum? undecided
As long she's younger than him then the guy should beat her well, she lacks respect.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Fuckthamods: 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
OgunLaakaye:

So your husband/boyfriend is mandated to fast every month?

God have mercy!

Men’s trap cramps will start denying men food.

When you now get pregnant, 9 months fast will begin

Can imagine that thing you call a man would have lost weight. Just release him and let him go back to his parents house.
That's why many of them will remain single or get married to a useless weakling
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by UCHIHAmask: 12:45am On Oct 12, 2021
wunmi590:

There's nothing bad for men to be in the kitchen...

I don't know how to cook, but believe me house chores, mostly kitchen, I make sure that everything is clean...

One of the things my wife enjoyed about me is, I don't joke with neatness, once she's done in the kitchen, I go inside and learn everywhere up if am around....

Abeg stop chasing your brothers away from the kitchen, even if they don't know how to cook, they should learn how to keep kitchen neat and clean...
I don't care much about the OP's story but your statement got me....
Your wife cooks and you clean the kitchen,is she pregnant?do you leave outside Nigeria?do you watch lots of Hollywood?
That isn't a way to play romance or show your care,it's a bit unmanly if you do it for reasons outside the one I mentioned, believe it or not,you are spurning subconscious negativity in her,there are things we see as meaningless that might have subtle implications in a long run(psychology)..
I tell you,no normal woman in this world wants her man to be unmanly,you should help out only when situation calls......
Liking cleanliness isn't a thing,some wifes wouldn't even allow you do it,I love cooking and I do it for my roommate whom I 'm far older than but when I go home I don't cook for my own junior siblings because,you know why!! and when I do cook,I mockingly let them know that It just for fun,yet I'm the best brother in the world..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Graxie(f): 3:24am On Oct 12, 2021
UCHIHAmask:

Your wife cooks and you clean the kitchen,is she pregnant?do you leave outside Nigeria?do you watch lots of Hollywood?
That isn't a way to play romance or show your care,it's a bit unmanly if you do it for reasons outside the one I mentioned, believe it or not,you are spurning subconscious negativity in her,there are things we see as meaningless that might have subtle implications in a long run(psychology)..
I tell you,no normal woman in this world wants her man to be unmanly,you should help out only when situation calls......
Liking cleanliness isn't a thing,some wifes wouldn't even allow you do it,I love cooking and I do it for my roommate whom I 'm far older than but when I go home I don't cook for my own junior siblings because,you know why!! and when I do cook,I mockingly let them know that It just for fun,yet I'm the best brother in the world..

Mothers failed God and humanity. To think Rebecca son Esau could cook but her most beloved deceiver son Jacob couldn't. Since then, many mothers have been destroying their sons.

Just imagine reasoning and we have more mothers applauding this.

Cleaning your kitchen unmanly? What won't I read.

It means we only have manly men in Nigeria. Every western, Asia and European men are unmanly.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by sharone21(f): 4:27am On Oct 12, 2021
UCHIHAmask:

Wrongest mentality... Women even see men who help out a lot as being more sexy...
Funny enough na men of no class usually carry this issue of helping women for head.
Real men don't argue this even when they are the BREAD WINNERS.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Obica: 4:28am On Oct 12, 2021
I don't have more to say to you. Be well.
Fuckthamods:
[s][/s]
Too weak.. You can never be in law enforcement else you jeopardize your squad because of woman

1 Like

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by ume1000: 6:01am On Oct 12, 2021
Trojan8:

How do you reason abeg?
have been in that cousin shoes before and can bodly tell u that

*Op never liked the cousin

*She may be the one ordering him around

* She feels he is entitled to do all the house chores since his parent are struggling financially

* "My mom would support him"statement shows she and her mother would love to turn him into a slave but there is a strong recistance from the father

* Op is a spoilt brat who takes advantages of his cousin financial issues to order him around

* Op must have insulted the said cousin at least twice today
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Pat081: 6:03am On Oct 12, 2021
Op you are the problem of yourself if it is me I will always find someone to visit wen it is time for afternoon or evening food I will not care who cook the food and you don't tell us maybe you are the only gal in the house and if the guy too don't have sister because I don't know why someone will come to another person place and b doing like boss
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by ume1000: 6:12am On Oct 12, 2021
rushlife:

If you were my woman, I swear I would have beaten the hell out of that guy ! You were having menstrual cramp and he was not even considerate. WTF!

He needs better beating, I wish I was close to give him that!
you just proved you are an idiot
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Ushman333: 6:18am On Oct 12, 2021
Calm down he is staying with his aunt, it's not your house.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Trojan8(m): 7:03am On Oct 12, 2021
ume1000:
have been in that cousin shoes before and can bodly tell u that

*Op never liked the cousin

*She may be the one ordering him around

* She feels he is entitled to do all the house chores since his parent are struggling financially

* "My mom would support him"statement shows she and her mother would love to turn him into a slave but there is a strong recistance from the father

* Op is a spoilt brat who takes advantages of his cousin financial issues to order him around

* Op must have insulted the said cousin at least twice today

See the way you asserted rubbish while ignoring every single points she raised.

Look at the facts first. There's absolutely no reason for this cousin to feel entitled in a house that is not his. He should go to his father's house or get a place of his own. Better still, hire a cook if he can't cook. How much is he contributing to the family that he doesn't deem it fit to enter the kitchen when he's hungry?

Reverse this scenario and the cousin was a female. You won't be typing all this rubbish that you have written.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by MSGAMBLE9: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2021
sharone21:

Wrongest mentality... Women even see men who help out a lot as being more sexy...
Funny enough na men of no class usually carry this issue of helping women for head.
Real men don't argue this even when they are the BREAD WINNERS.
when a woman calls dude "real men", then know you are a "Big Wimp"...

Nonsense.
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 12, 2021
Abetterperson:

Bible said such a man is an infidel, then he is not a man either. He is a boy
Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Trojan8(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2021
Elidrisy20:
Now if he happen to be your husband, is that the same attitude you are going to show him?

He isn't, so why should she slave for him?

God forbid this logic

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 12, 2021
Abetterperson:
My mom sister son decided to stay with us because of his family financial struggles. He's a bit older than me but we are of the same age group. Firstly I noticed this guy is sexist and when I say sexist I mean it. He believes a woman job is to clean the house and take of the family, a good woman in his eyes is a woman without an opinion, smile and always do what she is told.
He views me as an inferior, he tries to order me around and gets angry when I refuse. He doesn't really talk to me which honestly I think is for the best.

When he first arrive at our apartment he was shocked that he had to do any chores calling it a woman's work. He doesn't respect females infact he body shames women.

Am on my period and we are the only ones in the house because of my cramps am in pain. In the morning we ate bread with bama and tea. Just now this guy asked me what we are going to eat because he's hungry (he's doesn't like eating outside, he prefer homemade food). I told him I don't know,next thing he told me to figure it out.

Just because I Know the kind of person he is, I kept quite. He came to me again asking the same question, I told him to help me ground pepper and a bit of onion so that I will be able to prepare stew and rice, normally I would use our bender but because there is no light and am afraid to put on our gen because of my mom.

Next thing I hear is this guy just shouting like a failed musician, telling me that I don't have character and respect. I didn't answer because to me he's a madman

Am waiting for my mom to come, I Know she will take his side because she doesn't want him to feel maltreated but what is all this.

Am not his wife still yet this is no way to treat a woman whether she is your wife or not.
I'm very sure he's on the forum, with an opinion on how women are leeches and what not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? / Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.