Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani (34705 Views)

Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by UnabashedIPOB: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nigerians are tribalists …I do not give a damn where you are from. Prove me wrong with your facts and not innuendos! So, let's not wade into slippery slope of revisionist history.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by jumpandpas(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
jneutron4000:
Igbos are the most tribalistic ethnic group in Nigeria. People that will migrate into your land and still be showing their tribalism against you their host. They call Yoruba Ofe nmanu in Yoruba land, they call those from Niger Delta lazy, Ogogoro drinkers people that you allow into your land and they excel. In Nigeria you will find Igbo's quarters or areas dominated by Igbos in every other region and people land BUT you can never find Yoruba or Ijaw, Effik or Edo or Tiv etc quarters or dominated area, they would not even sell their land for you, the only quarter you will find in Igbo land is only Hausa Fulani quarter that is because those ones too are barbaric and they have same terrible behaviour as the Igbos.

Pls can you define tribalism?
Then compare a Yoruba landlord, engineer and igbo landlord and engineer.
Who gives more job to the other tribes?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by MummyD2020(f): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
BSsniffer:
Many Nigerians think Fulani are clannish. Some are. But there are other ethnic nations that are MORE tribalistic. It is not apparent because they are not in power. Give them power and it will become obvious. The least tribalistic nationality in Nigeria are Yoruba.

#TableShaker

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1447538520801882114
Abeg go sidan. I think say e geh beta yans
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by jaxxy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
Onepeople:
oga i am not talking about civil war ooo,i am talking about share hatred ooo,i don't think you need to be an igboman to understand what they are passing through in Nigeria, after 60 years of our independent which they were one of the founding fathers, they are yet to be given opportunity to lead this nation.

Show me one major tribe in Nigeria that can endure half of what igboman have endured over the years.show me one single or meaningful federal project going on in the east? Don't tell me about Niger bridge pls.is their anything that can attract people of other tribes to igboland? When their is no federal institution aside school or hospital, igboman will travel outside Nigeria he must pass through Lagos or Abuja, igboman will import what will be consumed in his region, then must pass through Lagos.what qualified eastern region as part of Nigeria pls tell me ? Don't tell me about hospital and school pls.

Nice points and yes they are all true if I should be honest so I can’t dispute them bt I can only try and explain why they might have happened or why thing played out like that.

The war was unnecessary bt it happened and Igbo have part responsibility for it happening sadly it didn’t end in their favor. That means it will take some time to integrate them back into the country’s system. This is partly a reason for some of the setbacks. Bt mind u there are many Igbos who were interested in the civil war and didn’t even want to return to the SE. they only left Lagos/other regions cos they were latter hunted.

Another reason is the general attitude of Igbos and their willingness to integrate, their trustworthiness post war and mind u any region that fights a war and loses will not get full development or support from Fg for awhile.

Positioning: the south east is landlocked hence no wet port can be situated there.

Sabotage: Igbos don’t know when to shelve their arrogance and work together even amongst themselves they are not very supportive unless it’s in personal business where u serve under a master and they get settled. In political interests they clash for superiority amongst themselves even when they know they are already at a disadvantage from federal.

Other regions cooperate more than Igbos. Igbos are too individualistic probably due to lack of leadership among them. Even if a leader is good other will sabotage him because of other interests at stake.

So u can’t just blame all the problems of the SE on the government.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by UnabashedIPOB: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
BigSarah:

I never for once supported Kanu...
I never for once supported IPOB...

I only supported Agitation for Biafra(and I still do, but not the IPOB model)
I only supported ESN (when they weren't terrorists)

Please, could you tell me when ESN were TERRORISTS?
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Emilokoiyawon: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
While I believe that Yorubas are nowhere as tribalistic as Igbos, Reno Omokri is biased because he is Itsekiri and therefore related to Yorubas.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Ykc2(m): 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Reno should shut up,we the children of hate are children of shuku alabama.

To be sincere,Igbos are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria.Come to east and see for yourself.
come east and see what?
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
jneutron4000:
Igbos are the most tribalistic ethnic group in Nigeria. People that will migrate into your land and still be showing their tribalism against you their host. They call Yoruba Ofe nmanu in Yoruba land, they call those from Niger Delta lazy, Ogogoro drinkers people that you allow into your land and they excel. In Nigeria you will find Igbo's quarters or areas dominated by Igbos in every other region and people land BUT you can never find Yoruba or Ijaw, Effik or Edo or Tiv etc quarters or dominated area, they would not even sell their land for you, the only quarter you will find in Igbo land is only Hausa Fulani quarter that is because those ones too are barbaric and they have same terrible behaviour as the Igbos.

When you cry finish, you go baff
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by UnabashedIPOB: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
jaxxy:

Nice points and yes they are all true if I should be honest so I can’t dispute them bt I can only try and explain why they might have happened or why thing played out like that.

The war was unnecessary bt it happened and Igbo have part responsibility for it happening sadly it didn’t end in their favor. That means it will take some time to integrate them back into the country’s system. This is partly a reason for some of the setbacks. Bt mind u there are many Igbos who were interested in the civil war and didn’t even want to return to the SE. they only left Lagos/other regions cos they were latter hunted.

Another reason is the general attitude of Igbos and their willingness to integrate, their trustworthiness post war and mind u any region that fights a war and loses will not get full development or support from Fg for awhile.

Positioning: the south east is landlocked hence no wet port can be situated there.

Sabotage: Igbos don’t know when to shelve their arrogance and work together even amongst themselves they are not very supportive unless it’s in personal business where u serve under a master and they get settled. In political interests they clash for superiority amongst themselves even when they know they are already at a disadvantage from federal.

Other regions cooperate more than Igbos. Igbos are too individualistic probably due to lack of leadership among them. Even if a leader is good other will sabotage him because of other interests at stake.

This is only applicable in LIEGERIA. America fought a civil war and the south lost but there's no distinction between the north and the south. They are all Americans. After the war in that damned country, the mantra was...No victor, No Vanquished but that was in words only and worthless like a piece of paper it was written on. So, please do not try to whitewash history.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by ThickSharon123(f): 11:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
loveth360:
Who your support help.

Abeg Continue supporting your one Nigeria with Hausafulani and yorubas.

I don't know sis, since I came online, I've been loving you determination. We have the same spirit from our Chi.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
[s]
obynzo:

People that came to serve in igbo land also experienced the same hospitality. your experience is subjective at best and not a statement of fact. i experienced the worst form of tribalism from Yorubas in my school. the lecturers treat you with scorn if you are not Yoruba, but if a Yoruba A student is there, they would do their best to boost the student's grade.
[/s]

You are a very big liar.

There was an Igbo girl that received a lot of awards during graduation from Unilag and was immediately employed by the Lagos state governor very recently.

Stay in your cave in the east and be spewing barefaced lies.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by zeyt: 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
You are wrong Rimo! It is the other way round: Yoruba are more tribalistic than any other tribe. We Hausa Muslim new it first hand. A Yoruba Muslim prefer to identify himself more with fellow Yoruba christen than a Muslim brother from other tribe. When a Yoruba saw a fight if one of duellers is Yoruba he is definitely getting involved in the fight to assist his Yoruba brother. It happens several times before my eyes. They are great in backbiting and backstabbing too.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
Uguruzik:
TOO MUCH HATRED FOR IGBO, IF ONLY GOD SEES THE IGBO THE YORUBA AND SOME OTHER NIGERIAN TRIBES SEE THEM, IGBO WOULD HAVE GONE INSTINCT, BUT GOD'S LOVE KEEPS NDIGBO AFLOAT, EVEN OVER THEIR HATERS.
WE HAD THREE MEN WHO REPRESENTED THE 3 MAJOR TRIBES OF NIGERIA; ZIK, AWOLOWO AND BELO, AMONGST THESE 3 THE ONLY MAN THAT WASN'T TRIBALISTIC WAS ZIK OF AFRICA; THE IGBO MAN. BUT YOUR STORY TODAY IS DIFFERENT, BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY AND ENVY. SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT IGBO CAN SURVIVE AFTER THE WAR, SO THEY'RE SO DISAPPOINTED. EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT OWNS NIGERIAN POLITICAL AND MILITARY POWERS ARE FAR BEHIND THE IGBO. GOD MAY YOUR NAME BE PRAISED.

Correct... I m just reading through their FOOLISH comments as they unite with their common denominator as the hatred for igbos... Funny enough they ll still have to pay their rents to an igbo man no matter how hard they hate... a
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
Uguruzik:
TOO MUCH HATRED FOR IGBO, IF ONLY GOD SEES THE IGBO THE YORUBA AND SOME OTHER NIGERIAN TRIBES SEE THEM, IGBO WOULD HAVE GONE INSTINCT, BUT GOD'S LOVE KEEPS NDIGBO AFLOAT, EVEN OVER THEIR HATERS.
WE HAD THREE MEN WHO REPRESENTED THE 3 MAJOR TRIBES OF NIGERIA; ZIK, AWOLOWO AND BELO, AMONGST THESE 3 THE ONLY MAN THAT WASN'T TRIBALISTIC WAS ZIK OF AFRICA; THE IGBO MAN. BUT YOUR STORY TODAY IS DIFFERENT, BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY AND ENVY. SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT IGBO CAN SURVIVE AFTER THE WAR, SO THEY'RE SO DISAPPOINTED. EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT OWNS NIGERIAN POLITICAL AND MILITARY POWERS ARE FAR BEHIND THE IGBO. GOD MAY YOUR NAME BE PRAISED.

Correct... I m just reading through their FOOLISH comments as they unite with their common denominator as the hatred for igbos... Funny enough they ll still have to pay their rents to an igbo man no matter how hard they hate...

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by JOemmy(m): 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Some of this man posts doesn't makes any sense sometimes I know the tribe he is actually referring to are the igbos they don't want the igbos to be president yet they still don't want them to leave nigeria at the same time is that not day light witchcraft? Is there any recorded history where the igbos are massacring, forcefully seizing and conquering the lands of other ethnic groups in nigeria like the fulanis? If the igbos can attain some of the highest positions of power abroad why not in their home country? All I see here is just envy nothing else.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by donhackaz: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
The bitter Truth

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by gbolswag(m): 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
reno omokri actually stated a fact...no need to abuse him....the truth is bitter

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
SUNNINO:
Reno, keep deceiving yourself you said a fat lie. Tribalism in work place started from western Nigeria, ask why mid west region left.

Midwest region left because of Nnamdi Azikiwe an Igbo man, who knew the Midwest had oil and didn't want them to be a part of the Western region.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by NairaEffect(m): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
In future, learn to be calming down

Abdul05:
thank you bros
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
emapeteum:
I totally agree with you Sir.For instance,Igbos are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria.They are too proud with their I'll gotten wealth
Hmmm!! Bad belle.... unaa never start... we go pepper unaa tire... ode people
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by femiasaolu2014: 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
On this, I disagree with his logic.

All Nigerians are tribalistic and discriminatory but which other tribe will kill you for just being of another tribe and religion?

Reno didn't think this through.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
Onepeople:
brother let me ask you a simple question, which major tribe in Nigeria is yet to produce the president? Is over 60years of our independent ,which among all the tribe do think can tolerate this and remain silent?There is no federal presence in the entire eastern region, aside federal school and hospital what else shows that eastern region is part of Nigeria?

You consciously marginalised the people economically and expect them to love the country.
I used to tell people that no region or tribe can develop it's self without the presence of people from other works of life. Oga the list are numerous to mention. Treat people fairly and equally and see them proclaim unconditional love to one another.

Lol.

This one does not know the history of Nigeria o.

Google " who was the first president of Nigeria"

Then google the name Alex Ekwueme.

Igbos have always aligned with the North who have always been in power for the larger part of Nigeria's independent history.

The Yorubas on the other hand have always been in the opposition.

Ask those who know in case you think I'm lying.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
obynzo:

It was actually in Unilag. I also experienced it in my secondary school, it was also so bad then that a teacher told me to my face that i am made for the market place like my brothers she didn't bother to look at my work just because she saw my name. The bad path was then i didn't understand Yoruba and this woman would use this as an opportunity to rain insults on me in Yoruba. She would use derogatory words like omo igbo.

And you disnt insult the hell out of her life and get the hell out of that school? I once attended a public school in lagos and my teacher tried that nonsense. I so insulted her and never came back again.. Nonsense..
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
obynzo:

It was actually in Unilag. I also experienced it in my secondary school, it was also so bad then that a teacher told me to my face that i am made for the market place like my brothers she didn't bother to look at my work just because she saw my name. The bad path was then i didn't understand Yoruba and this woman would use this as an opportunity to rain insults on me in Yoruba. She would use derogatory words like omo igbo.

And you didnt insult the hell out of her life and get the hell out of that school? I once attended a public school in lagos and my teacher tried that nonsense. I so insulted her and never came back again.. Nonsense..
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
emapeteum:

Blood and criminality money

Naa envy go kill you...lazy full
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Menace2Society(m): 11:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
loveth360:
The mumu button is really work wellgrin grin

reno Omokri is now a truthful mangrin grin
This one no get brain grin e pain am die

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Gbagura: 12:02am On Oct 12, 2021
loveth360:
I have nothing to do with yorubas talk more of hateful yoruba muslims.
Your dementia never go? You have nothing to do with Yoruba yet you're dancing naked on a Yoruba man's forum. I'm sure you don't know this great forum belongs to a Yoruba man yet lol. See how your hate is consuming you down the hills.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 12, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

This is only applicable in LIEGERIA. America fought a civil war and the south lost but there's no distinction between the north and the south. They are all Americans. After the war in that damned country, the mantra was...No victor, No Vanquished but that was in words only and worthless like a piece of paper it was written on. So, please do not try to whitewash history.

That's a big lie.

As a matter of fact, the minister of finance during the war, Chief Obafemi Awolowo kept all the allocations due to the Eastern region to be given back to them after the war besides the 20 pounds sterling that was given to every Igbo at the time.

The reason why Igbos have a lot of population outside their enclave is because

1. They love making money a lot (who doesn't?) and there seems to be greener pastures in other parts of the country where it must be noted that the major attraction of these places to the Igbo is because they don't have the same Shylock attitude to business that the average Igbo trader has. The dog-eat-dog attitude when it comes to business and money.

2. The Eastern region which is Igbo enclave is so small

3. Their land is badly ravaged with terrible gully erosions which seem to be eating away at the region. Which is quite unfortunate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Onepeople: 12:14am On Oct 12, 2021
jaxxy:

oga i completely agree with your views, but we have to be a bit sincere to ourselves, the war did not end today, over 50years the war ended, igboman is still suffering the aftermath of the war,let be a little bit rational ,going by the current happening in the country, can you honestly said that igboman have been treated fairly? Is only true reconciliation that can heal the country.

In Rwanda, the Hutu and tutsi tribe fought a tribal war about 30years ago ,a genuine leader came in and was able to manage and position the country to greatness. The eastern region suffered so much damage both human, economically and otherwise during and after the war,after that you subjected him to all manner of marginalisation,he survived it ,you want him to continue in this manner without end in sight?

Don't forget something led us to that war ,has any of those issues been addressed, i am not entirely blaming the current administration but i believe for we to continue to exist as an entity,their should be some sort of restructuring, which an average fulani man have said no to.these are the things that encourage hatred, when APC came into power, as an igboman i supported Buhari, believing in his change mantra, what did i get ,one hateful speech to another.

They took over the leadership of the country and share the major positions between the north and the west, like the rest of the country don't matter, these things widen our unity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Nigerians: "Collect The Money they give to you and Vote For Me" / APC Rally In Bauchi Ends Abruptly; Buhari Leaves Without A Speech - Punch / Kwankwaso: "I Will Storm Kano With 7 Camera Drones, Police Can’t Stop Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.