Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled (39319 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by pawesome(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
Some people like unnecessary stress
You are away for 13months and why couldn't u just send the rent to him instead of him waiting till November? I mean 8months salary isn't a joke at all

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by hibeebeeking: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
You need to pay your rent ASAp. And beg your landlord for forgiveness.. Am sure your properties will be intact. Am sure before he act,he would have seek for legal advice..In all ways you are not right.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
OnlineArchitect:
Let's not be quick to play the victim card now you've owed your landlord for that long. Do you always call to remind him to be patient with you or you just absconded leaving your properties in his house. In as much as the landlord didn't do well let's try as much as possible to do what's morally right

I am pained that you are a fellow architect but you are reasoning like a draughtsman. That you are owing a person does not permit you to resort to self service, that's jungle justice. The landlord would have gone to court to recover his property if he could not get hold of the tenant.

What the landlord did was purely a crime. Go and report to the police, take a police approved photographer take photos of your property and any damage done by the landlord. Write a list of all your damaged and missing items (I hope you have receipts for most of them). Then get a lawyer and sue the landlord for theft and illegal eviction. Also get the lawyer to obtain a protective order to stop the landlord from harassing you for the duration of your tenancy as you are still a legal tenant. Don't forget to add emotional damage to your suit.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Abemy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
Hello guys, I'm new to posting on this forum so I don't know the best section this post should be.
As I type this, I'm currently sick and there so much anger and pain within, I haven't been able to eat or drink since I got the news from my neighbor who told me that my landlord came to the house with a strange face, broke the locks to my apartment and packed my things out, I sent a relative to confirm and she said everything is outside but he went with my TV set.
I called the landlord to ask what he has done, he blatantly lied telling me I sent my 'brother' to clear my things off the apartment that he has reported me to Police.
Yes, I owe him 8months rent and I've away for 13 months even before the last year rent I paid expired. I told him I'll be back by November and I'll pay once I get in.
Pls even though I owe him, it doesn't feel right stealing my property and throwing the rest in the rain
Pls I'm lost and dire need of legal advice
Edit: while I'm not absolving my self of the guilt that I owe the landlord this long and purely due to loss of job (covid19 problems) and there's no way I go there and get my stuff without paying the backlog. [code][/code] he freaking broke in and kept what he desired for himself and lied he didn't. Haba, this is wrong na

✓Landlords And Tenants' Rights In Nigeria.
The Nigerian law is all-encompassing and people-welfare oriented that the law went on to provide an avalanche of rights, duties, and privileges for both parties. The law defines the rights, duties, privileges, powers, and remedies open to both tenants and landlords.

Here are some of the rights open to Tenants and Landlords as covered by the Tenancy Law in Nigeria, today.

RIGHT TO ISSUANCE OF RECEIPT OF PAYMENT

The receipt of payment is an acknowledgment from a Landlord or an Agent that a rent payment has been made by a tenant. It must contain the name of the Landlord and the Tenant. The amount paid and the date of such payment. The property for which such payment is made, the duration that such payment will cover, and the receiver's signature must also be on the receipt.

It is an actionable offense to refuse to issue a receipt for rent paid and received. It is your right as a tenant to be issued a receipt upon payment of rent. Where the payment is only a part of a whole, it should also be receipted and stated.

Remember a written agreement endorsed by the landlord before a witness that he has received rent from his tenant will suffice. No matter how familiar, friendly, corporate, and caring your landlord is, please always demand receipts of your paid rents to safeguard your tomorrow.

RIGHT TO A VALID QUIT NOTICE

A tenant cannot be thrown out of his apartment unless there is strict compliance by the landlord with relevant Recovery of Premises Law.

Recovery of Premises Law provides that a valid “quit notice” of a landlord’s intention to terminate/quit the tenancy of the tenant must be written and served to the tenant. The amount of time given to the tenant, whether weekly, monthly, yearly, depends on his rent. Thus it is advised that a tenant thoroughly read through the Tenancy Agreement before signing as some might even sign away their rights for a ‘quit notice’. Remember, ignorance is not an excuse in law.

A valid “Quit Notice” must contain the name of the landlord, the name of the tenant, the address of the property occupied by the tenant, the duration given to the tenant included.

RIGHT TO A WRITTEN AGREEMENT

Every tenant no matter his status or location in Nigeria has the right to an agreement. Agreements, on the other hand, can be oral or written. However, it is advised that agreements between both parties should be written, hence, any altercations would be easily dealt with, and it comes in handy as references.

The tenant is expected to go through the agreements thoroughly before signing.

Tenancy agreements contain in detail the names of a landlord and his tenant; as parties to the Tenancy Agreement.

The land or house to be rented out ought to be described in detail; showing its location and basic features. The duration of the tenancy, the rent payable and the date at which such rent would become payable should be stated.

The modalities for reviewing rent price (price increment) should be included. Before signing any agreement, a prospective tenant is advised to seek the service of a solicitor to break down any unclear terms in the Tenancy Agreement.

RIGHT TO PEACEFUL ENJOYMENT OF PROPERTY

When a tenant pays his rent and is issued a receipt, the landlord grants him the right to peaceful enjoyment of the property. Once this is done, he determines the entrance, usage, safety and can even sue for trespass against any trespasser; strangers, landlord, and his agents. The landlord, however, can supervise and maintain the property generally, but with the knowledge of the tenant and within reasonable hours of the day.

Section 7 of the law states that tenants are to comply with the tenancy agreement which includes paying their rent on time to avoid problems, they are also expected to behave in the right manner, they are to take consent from the landlord before fixing up any structural damage on any part of the building, subletting and alterations.

RIGHT NOT TO REIMBURSE A TENANT

Most times, the tenant feels the landlord owes him after making repairs in the house and this often leads to disagreements. According to the law, the landlord has the right not to reimburse a tenant.

They are only required to reimburse a tenant when the repair is covered in their initial agreement. This is why before signing the Tenancy Agreement both parties should decide who repairs what and what.

RIGHT TO REVIEW RENT

Every landlord is in business and the aim is definitely to make profits. A landlord can decide to increase his Tenancy rate if he wishes. Though it must be in line with the ‘Rent Review Clause’.

However, the new increment does not affect a tenant during an existing tenancy.

RIGHT NOT TO ISSUE A QUIT NOTICE

Evictions in Nigeria mostly tend to be worrisome, as many Landlords have experienced Tenants flouting court orders after the exhaustion of “Quit Notice” and it seems the only language most complies with is force. An action every civil society should frown upon.

According to laws, a Landlord has the right to issue a “Quit Notice” and also a right not to issue one. For Instance, when a tenant has waived his right to a quit notice while signing the tenancy agreement. Or when the tenant has breached a written agreement.

Such as using a property rented for residential purposes for commercial purposes or a situation whereby a tenant doesn’t pay three (3) months’ rent in a row. Whichever the case is, the landlord is still required by law to issue a Seven Day to Recover Premises.

RIGHT TO A COMPULSORY (7) SEVEN DAYS NOTICE TO RECOVER PREMISES

The protection given to a tenant by the Nigerian Tenancy Law prevents Landlords to evict an occupant without issuing a “Seven Days’ Notice to Recover”.

The “Seven (7) Days’ Notice of Owner’s Intention to Recover Premises” is a notice from a landlord’s lawyer notifying a tenant upon whom a “Quit Notice” had been served and same had expired; that the lawyer will after seven (7) days from the date of the service of the Notice proceed to court to recover the over- held premises on behalf of the landlord.

Discussed above are some of the rights of a tenant covered by Nigerian law. And as laws are protecting the tenant, the landlord has laws protecting his rights under Nigerian law too. Below are some of the Rights of a Landlord in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by pedrilo: 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
God will punish you for depriving another man of his earnings for 8 good months.
Why didnt you send your pipo to pack your tins out?
God will punish you

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by ordovicianonly(f): 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
Op you are a very w!cked —£vil tenant who don’t care about the owner of the house . It is proper to lock someone’s else property for a year plus ? It is proper to owe your landlord for 8 months without even calling him to beg ? So what do you expect the old man to eat if all the tenants on the property decided to copy you by not paying ? And you will wonder why some tenants can’t build their own house even after working for years ? It is because they love to owe their landlords even when they are capable of paying . Your landlord have no case cos you don’t even have any proof he broke your door and he already denied doing that . If you decided to take him to court you will spend money you don’t to pay his rent and you might still lose the case if he have a good lawyer cos you don’t even have a proof except dem say

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Aycol1(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
Hello guys, I'm new to posting on this forum so I don't know the best section this post should be.
As I type this, I'm currently sick and there so much anger and pain within, I haven't been able to eat or drink since I got the news from my neighbor who told me that my landlord came to the house with a strange face, broke the locks to my apartment and packed my things out, I sent a relative to confirm and she said everything is outside but he went with my TV set.
I called the landlord to ask what he has done, he blatantly lied telling me I sent my 'brother' to clear my things off the apartment that he has reported me to Police.
Yes, I owe him 8months rent and I've away for 13 months even before the last year rent I paid expired. I told him I'll be back by November and I'll pay once I get in.
Pls even though I owe him, it doesn't feel right stealing my property and throwing the rest in the rain
Edit: while I'm not absolving my self of the guilt that I owe the landlord this long and purely due to loss of job (covid19 problems) and there's no way I go there and get my stuff without paying the backlog. [code][/code] he freaking broke in and kept what he desired for himself and lied he didn't. Haba, this is wrong na

One of the reasons many people stay wicked. 13months ��. That’s pure wickedness. I blamed the Landlord for even extending your grace period. He should have stated it in your agreement that failure to pay after the grace period will lead to eviction.

Seriously some people are just heartless. A whole 13 months, O wrong now

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by helpee(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
safesurfer:

Well it depends on the kind of man the landlord is o.

I know some landlords that won't mind staging his death. How much do you think human life is worth with these agberos? Less than 1m!
The landlord didn't have a good lawyer. The court don't punish you more than what you owe. For example, if you destroy something worth one million, the court will ask you to pay with damages not to forfeit your land to the tenant. The damages won't be arbitrary. The guy must also prove he had 5 million in open space when there was bank. If the destruction was during daytime, they would also prove why they didn't remove the money first. Moreso, if the tenant was actually owing...the law is meant to punish not to destroy. So the judge destroyed the man because he removed fence and you think that is justice. The man had no lawyer. Just forget it. Finally, even if that was the judgement, you think the Ibo man will end well. just keep following him and see the way he will end....it won't end well for him because that is wickedness

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by trevorhorace(m): 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
I know 8 months is a lot but I've stayed there 8 years and never owed and I haven't been able to gather the bulk to pay right now but I don't think he's at liberty to break and enter and select what he can keep for himself

Did he give you the normal 6 months quit notice? Was that part of the 8 months? Did he get an eviction permit from the police? He didn't do these then you have a case. Go to the police, get a lawyer to charge him to Court. You can claim X amount was stolen. You'll be compensated on damages given you've stayed there for 8 yrs.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Ferdinandu(m): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
Even though you are a horrible person for not paying your rent, the law is definitely on your side this time if the landlord did not go through the legal process before breaking into your property
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by OnlineArchitect: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
wirinet:

I am pained that you are a fellow architect but you are reasoning like a draughtsman. That you are owing a person does not permit you to resort to self service, that's jungle justice. The landlord would have gone to court to recover his property if he could not get hold of the tenant.

What the landlord did was purely a crime. Go and report to the police, take a police approved photographer take photos of your property and any damage done by the landlord. Write a list of all your damaged and missing items (I hope you have receipts for most of them). Then get a lawyer and sue the landlord for theft and illegal eviction. Also get the lawyer to obtain a protective order to stop the landlord from harassing you for the duration of your tenancy as you are still a legal tenant. Don't forget to add emotional damage to your suit.

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Apple2: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
temitope27:
na lie, maybe he has already been giving notice b4 but lieing here

Even if he was given notice that doesn't mean ejection. It is only a judge that has the power to totally eject a tenant. Landlord can give quite notice but lack the power to forcefully ejecting. If a landlord try it in Lagos he would lose a big time. I'm owing my landlord and I'm willing to pay him his 5months rent but money never de hand, that doesn't mean my landlord can throw my stuffs out, I will get mad at him and Sue his ass claiming millions of naira damages
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by oyejideogunjumo: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
Well, your landlord may be wrong but you are not right either.
You can not take what you did to your land lord or can you?
8 months is 2/3 of a year.
What of if he is a retiree and needs it to feed himself and family?
The house locked for 13 months..... More than a year.
Go and pack your load pls

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
ordovicianonly:
Op you are a very w!cked —£vil tenant who don’t care about the owner of the house . It is proper to lock someone’s else property for a year plus ? It is proper to owe your landlord for 8 months without even calling him to beg ? So what do you expect the old man to eat if all the tenants on the property decided to copy you by not paying ? And you will wonder why some tenants can’t build their own house even after working for years ? It is because they love to owe their landlords even when they are capable of paying . Your landlord have no case cos you don’t even have any proof he broke your door and he already denied doing that . If you decided to take him to court you will spend money you don’t to pay his rent and you might still lose the case if he have a good lawyer cos you don’t even have a proof except dem say

From what I am reading here, it seems Nigerians don't deserve to live in a sane society. Even If the tenant owes a landlord for 8 years, the landlord has no right to resort to jungle justice to recover his debts. Property business just like other businesses has its risks, and being owed is one of the risks.

The landlord could have gone to the courts to recover both his property and debts. I have been owed lots of money in my business. I did not break into my debtors house with thugs to seize his property
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by FamTomx2(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
helpee:
Very funny. It is not the landlord that made accusation they broke his apartment. The landlord only said he saw his brother coming to pack things. Funny enough the landlord may even have video evidence because the op said he sent his brother to check so in the process the brother may be packing some things. The op that made the allegation will provide evidence. Nothing concerns the landlord. The landlord was only worried they came to pack the properties without paying him. No case is straightforward. If the landlord planned it well...nothing dey happen

Op got the rumors of his eviction then he sent his bro to go and verify,

But if the landlord put it that way,

how did landlord knew that the person that came to his house is Op's bro,

And why didn't he accost Op 's bro for verifications if he didn't have some malicious tendencies.

Forget story.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Shellsploit: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simeony007:
Congratulations!!! Bros, You don blow ooo

Just find correct Lawyer grin grin grin

Something of such happened in Lagos here 9 years ago, the tenant rented an half plot, I don't really know how much he pays then for the rent, but he wasn't paying very well. He was owing the landlord a year rent.

He built a restaurant and bar on the land.

One day, Landlord got angry and arranged boys to destroy the man's shop. They destroy the walls without going inside not touching anything. The man told me this himself because I was going to rent part of the the land for my viewing center business that I wanted to open at the area then.

He reported the case to the police and got himself a lawyer because he was educated and an Ebo man. He took pictures for evidence and told the Judge that he left 5 million naira in his bar, his lawyer asked him to say that.

They charged the man to court and he explained what led to his actions but the Judge punished him by asking him to pay 8 million for damages or he can forget the land, and it belongs to the tenant until otherwise.

The man begged his tenant but he refused and got stroke. So, his children went to the man to beg and he asked them to go and bring 3 million and he will drop the case. Till today, the tenant has been using the land as he likes and renting it to other tenants like he owns it. The owner is late now so and the children never see 3m.

This happens at Aguda Ogba Lagos.

Congrats again grin grin grin grin

Aguda ogba close to excellence hotel?
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by OnlineArchitect: 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
wirinet:

You're a Nigeria it's normal for you not to want to hear the truth.. If you had taken time to go through my comment you'll notice that i didn't support the landlord for his actions either. Make we dey try read before jumping into conclusions. Shift joor undecided
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by naijainstinct: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
batb:

E no go better for u 4 this advice! Criminal Nigerians!
E no go better for your mama wey born you. Pig
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Kido90(m): 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
You tenants should fear God. What if the rent is a major source of income for the landlord?

This person built this house as a security for his future. Yet, you are owing 8months and wont move out. Then you will park out at night after one year and leave behind huge estimated electricity bill like one unseless tenant did to me.

You're unfair to him Sir.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by houseontherock: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
thesicilian:
I don't know if the law is on your side, but the fact is that you owe him money and if you really wanted to pay, you could have done that from anywhere in the world. 8months rent in this hard economy is not a joke.
Our tenant lost his job during covid-19 pandemic, his rent was 10 months overdue but we didn't break into his flat because
1. We pitied him
2. We couldn't take laws into our hands by breaking into his apartment.
He has paid up now, even paid a new rate for his new rent, with a thank you card! I understand it's not easy, but stealing his tenant's property is all shades of low and he sure broke the law. OP can deal with him legally

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by yahmohy27: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
I know 8 months is a lot but I've stayed there 8 years and never owed and I haven't been able to gather the bulk to pay right now but I don't think he's at liberty to break and enter and select what he can keep for himself
Stay there
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by yahmohy27: 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
nosiebaba:
If you owe for 8 months, they you should be pleading with him. How will he feed his family if you ground his investment like that. If you are away for 13 months and you can't renew your rent, them you have shown you have no interest staying there. You have stayed in a house for 8 years doesn't give you the excuse to owe. Peace
No mind the guy

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by bantamx: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
yomi007k:

You get gold worth 2 million and you no fit pay rent of less than 500k?

You think say the judge na mumu...?

Go try am make u see wetin go happen.
No dey rush to post nonsense ,read am well first if e no clear you for eye ask your neighbor .
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Dsprave: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Get yourself a lawyer he has no right to break into your room irrespective of you not paying him for eight months. If you have a good lawyer he will be oblige to pay for your damage property to the last penny.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Bbbwings: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
yomi007k:

You get gold worth 2 million and you no fit pay rent of less than 500k?

You think say the judge na mumu...?

Go try am make u see wetin go happen.
grin
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by helpee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
FamTomx2:

Op got the rumors of his eviction then he sent his bro to go and verify,

But if the landlord put it that way,

how did landlord knew that the person that came to his house is Op's bro,

And why didn't he accost Op 's bro for verifications if he didn't have some malicious tendencies.

Forget story.
Are you living with them? For the OP to send his brother to go and check, it means he must have been going there before so why won't the landlord know him? What are you even saying? verification of what? You mean the OP employed his landlord as security again? so if the landlord sees your brother moving your things out after 13 months abseentism, the landlord should start arresting the OP's brother. Who told you the landlord Is even living in the apartment? So if the landlord was told the OP' s brother came to park things out then he should leave whatever he is doing and go and police the place for the OP. You guys assume too much. Get to court and police station first and see how they turn case upside down. Most of you don't know that in court, you won't even be able to say what you want to say. The lawyer may be asking you just yes and no question and you probably have 30minutes for your own testimony. The rest na lawyer wey get 100 cases whose details he barely remember that will be throwing technical jargons. Make the OP just pack his load and leave wahala behind
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
OnlineArchitect:

You're a Nigeria it's normal for you not to want to hear the truth.. If you had taken time to go through my comment you'll notice that i didn't support the landlord for his actions either. Make we dey try read before jumping into conclusions
What truth did you tell? A man was owing his tenant 8 month's rent and you are talking about morality and playing the victim. I hate jungle justice.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by OnlineArchitect: 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
wirinet:

What truth did you tell? A man was owing his tenant 8 month's rent and you are talking about morality and playing the victim. I hate jungle justice.

Good night
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by fkj950ax(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
BryanZino:
Hello guys, for himself and lied he didn't. Haba, this is wrong na

Are you in Lagos?
Where in Lagos is the property situated?
Owing rent doesn't give the Landlord the right to break into your apartment.
If he wanted you out, he was supposed to go to a court, get a court ruling and the Court Sherrifs will come to remove your property, not him.

If I were you, I will legally take him up, and you stand to make money from him, and he will get sentenced for breaking and entering, stealing, burglary.

The fact he took laws into his hands overshadows the rent owed. He also had the rights of using the courts to get his rent owed, and his house back. He didn't do that.

The link below shows all his crimes and corresponding punishment.

http://lagosministryofjustice.org/wp-content/themes/moj/documents/CRIMINAL_CONDUCT.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj49IqE9szzAhU5FzQIHYasBqAQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0xpyDpVHMD3EnjLw3t2qpt
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Cokahot: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Court of law
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by cmecproblem(m): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
You people will push a person to breaking point then turn around to cry foul when they react in anger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by obstead200(m): 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simeony007:
Congratulations!!! Bros, You don blow ooo

Just find correct Lawyer grin grin grin

Something of such happened in Lagos here 9 years ago, the tenant rented an half plot, I don't really know how much he pays then for the rent, but he wasn't paying very well. He was owing the landlord a year rent.

He built a restaurant and bar on the land.

One day, Landlord got angry and arranged boys to destroy the man's shop. They destroy the walls without going inside not touching anything. The man told me this himself because I was going to rent part of the the land for my viewing center business that I wanted to open at the area then.

He reported the case to the police and got himself a lawyer because he was educated and an Ebo man. He took pictures for evidence and told the Judge that he left 5 million naira in his bar, his lawyer asked him to say that.

They charged the man to court and he explained what led to his actions but the Judge punished him by asking him to pay 8 million for damages or he can forget the land, and it belongs to the tenant until otherwise.

The man begged his tenant but he refused and got stroke. So, his children went to the man to beg and he asked them to go and bring 3 million and he will drop the case. Till today, the tenant has been using the land as he likes and renting it to other tenants like he owns it. The owner is late now so and the children never see 3m.

This happens at Aguda Ogba Lagos.

Congrats again grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m / Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.