Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? (33521 Views)

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Using Car Engine For Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by ChiefSosa(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
Give them eviction notice. If they refuse to move, then send area boys to throw aways their loads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Tomilola360: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
kenzysmith:
Rat in your car engine? Is like you are a very dirty person

your response is out of place. you definitely do not own one. undecided

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by BigDawsNet: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Same in my folks cars
The rat in the location they based is pretty big...

So they make use of Tomcat Rodent Repellent
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by iReddington: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
He said car engine o and this is actually a serious concern for car owners because these shifty little rodents chew on wires and other sensitive parts, so if you have no idea or help to offer just skip the thread and let sensible people comment please.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Gkemz: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
By cleaning your dirty surrounding that attracts rodents.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by yuskel(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
I will try this, many thanks!

Charlssey:
Buy charcoal and place it at strategic points in the car. Rats can smell the charcoal and will be fooled into thinking that the place is burning.

They will not return. I had a similar issue last year while in Nigeria. I saw a post here and did the same thing.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by sleekman(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
Are you serious?
bablon20:
It's very simple, get sniper, have it spread on the engine of the car and turn d ignition on, leave d ignition on overnight. U will have me to thank later.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Judolisco(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.
get a cat bro... Dem go reduce
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Just build a small house for the rats. They are mammals just like us and have families to feed and cloth, they also need shelter which is why they use you car.

Lol so NL users can be funny like this grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Elidrisy20: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
This your car when last you ignate am? I guess since 2015
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by nairabacks(f): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
kenzysmith:
Rat in your car engine? Is like you are a very dirty person

Lol ! Nawa for nl..
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by harissonk1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.

Go get kill and dry rat powder jare!!!
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by computerglobal(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
finalboss:

Seriously ?

the guy don smoke head full so ignore

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by femi4: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

get a cat
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Gid002: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kai...

olumzzz:
Your problem is Jerry.
Just buy Tom.
Shikena
cool
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by fashrola(m): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
Place Charcoal under the engine bay.... Or you can alternatively use Onions or Bay leaf
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by wallrichy: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
Trishaovie, are you implying that OP should sell the car to the rats?

TrishaOvie:
Just sell the car

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by wink2015(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
Bola146:
Mix rodent with dried fish, but it in all corners of your environment and inside the car, they will die

You are wrong in saying MIX RODENT.

The rat itself is the RODENT.

Say mix RAT POISON with dried fish and put in all corners of your environment and inside the car.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by nigonus: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
I heard they could cause serious electrical issues by eating the car wiring.
Reason why I am bothered.

Yes they can. I've had similar issues with my wife's car twice, the second time it cost me a lot to fix as other issues started to come up.

In fact, the picture you paint could have been written by me exactly word for word. While I don't have an answer, my solution in my case as well was to start parking outside. However, due to road construction, we had to resume parking in the compound again.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Nnamaka1: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
Get peppermints leaves or spray and put in all places they like to stay. It will drive them away. Thank me later
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by SarkinYarki: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
Keep putting rat poison there till they get the message

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by greggng: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Just build a small house for the rats. They are mammals just like us and have families to feed and cloth, they also need shelter which is why they use you car.

You never seize to amaze me. What of me that allowed them to stay in my house yet what did I get ? They kept eating my leftovers and at the end they will mess my house with their shit....I kept on fumigating but he refuse to go...he even threaten to chase me out of my house with his annoying behaviour. Last week I saw him doing jangolover on the dstv cable ...I begin to wonder if this one is a witch . Anyways his days are now numbered cos I am planning to buy a cat ...i am tired of poisoning him with out sucess .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kerry57: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
Guy nah wiinch o. E don teee weh dey don dey find u from villa. They finally got ur address. Na until u settle them, give them transport fare na him dey go find there way back.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by chxe: 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
Use moth balls
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kepsi123(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
I used indocid. It kills them. By the way this is serious. It might chew of a wire. My own e chop my car registration

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mix your fuel with a good rodenticides for 4 weeks. Pour-in 4 liters after a full tank.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kaymart: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
endsarrrs:
I know your type. Ipigs!
Don't mind him/her,.
They Just open mouth waaah, an spit out inconsequential nonsense

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by joelag: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2021
Pour petrol everywhere inside the engine, if the rats refuse to run out; then set them all ablaze. Fucking rats..

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Xeedorf: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
Warm the car everynight before you go to bed..
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by AndSunGorilla: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
palsenator:
Charcoal helps alot... You can try it ... Just have them changed regularly. The burnt smell of the charcoal is a turn off for rats.
Can't the charcoal catch fire? Or would he be removing it daily before driving?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Dskillful(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2021
Use Ak47

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008) / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.