Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,301 members, 7,822,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? (33557 Views)

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Using Car Engine For Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by lookingfly: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Use the car regularly. No rats can survive in a hot engine.
I use my car every single day to very long distances. No change.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Longsleeve: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
demborise:
Cockroach is many in my car what should I do
Put lizards inside the car..
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Ten06(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Rat does not live in car engine, they will go there to warm themselves in the night and will start eating wires.
What you need to do is to buy indo seed capsules, pour out the powder from the capsules and mix it with a piece of fish.
After mixing them thoroughly, place small parts of it in different places withing the engine.
They won't survive it
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by highoctane: 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Where do you expect rats to enjoy their meals?. when you have refused to dispose off your bin.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by McLizbae: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
grin grin
finalboss:

Seriously ?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Malawian(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2021
hardbody:

Lock a cat inside the engine for one day. Thank me later.
What if the rats kill the cats? There is a reason you don't find cats in places like Surulere anymore. The size of rats here is not a child's play.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Babastrong(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
If actually you have rats in your car. You should be border with the rats in your room.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by laughitall(m): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
wink2015:

You are wrong in saying MIX RODENT.

The rat itself is the RODENT.

Say mix RAT POISON with dried fish and put in all corners of your environment and inside the car.

people wey no understand English
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Bluffly: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
I heard they could cause serious electrical issues by eating the car wiring.
Reason why I am bothered.

Clear bush, gutters. Keep environment clean, park away from the wall. Heavy funmigation
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Kayharry(m): 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
Charlssey:
Buy charcoal and place it at strategic points in the car. Rats can smell the charcoal and will be fooled into thinking that the place is burning.

They will not return. I had a similar issue last year while in Nigeria. I saw a post here and did the same thing.

Correct.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by officialfestus(m): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
Longsleeve:
Just park the car outside the compound and surprise the rats..
this forum nawa grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by hope4nigeria(m): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.
it's simple, burn both the car with the rats, I hate rats so much nonsense

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by hope4nigeria(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
Malawian:

What if the rats kill the cats? There is a reason you don't find cats in places like Surulere anymore. The size of rats here is not a child's play.
bro I would have challenge your claim but I remember when I work in an eatery! I saw rats as big as cat, the funniest thing is they don't gear anybody, you dere not kill them because they way they eat food is scary, they will open coke or fanta and drink like normal human, you will see crates of eggs intact, by the time you raise it up, rats must have drill hole under it and consume the entire content. The worst is they will fetch raw rice and went with it on thier head! E shock you?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Olarewaju89: 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
Emmypure:

Rat wey the eat onions

My brother try it oo then come here and prove me wrong.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by hchiboy: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.

Take your time and get a strong rat poison every evening when you park, take your time and mix the poison with sardine , the smell of the sardine will attract them and they will eventually it the poison.

Do this on a daily for a couple of days and you will get a good result 11
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Chibuezem(m): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:

Is this sarcasm?
no I fact his post is the most sensible post av seen after that of nwamikpe
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by godofuck231: 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
Olarewaju89:
Slice onion or Cameroon pepper or women's hair attachment. Then you're free from rat
god go judge you , you too wicked , the thing when de kill them pass an that attachment, clogs their digestive system and kills them in excruciating pain
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Malawian(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
hope4nigeria:
bro I would have challenge your claim but I remember when I work in an eatery! I saw rats as big as cat, the funniest thing is they don't gear anybody, you dere not kill them because they way they eat food is scary, they will open coke or fanta and drink like normal human, you will see crates of eggs intact, by the time you raise it up, rats must have drill hole under it and consume the entire content. The worst is they will fetch raw rice and went with it on thier head! E shock you?
I am telling you that you will hardly see cats in Surulere and Aguda precisely. If you see the size of the rats here ehn, let alone the way they move with so much speed and force, omo, two of such rats will kill and devour a cat effortlessly. These vermin's chew through Aluminum! Even Iron!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by exmanchristian(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
Buy rat poison, put it in some strategic locations.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Salako01(m): 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
robinso01:
People with crazy answers. You people no go kee person with laugh

grin grin lol, I don laugh tire

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by jaysoft: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
Just get a Cat as pet
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by donsheddy1(m): 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2021
Charlssey:
Buy charcoal and place it at strategic points in the car. Rats can smell the charcoal and will be fooled into thinking that the place is burning.

They will not return. I had a similar issue last year while in Nigeria. I saw a post here and did the same thing.
The only intelligent answer.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by KLand(m): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
It's the long parking of the car without use that attracts the rats Just use the car every everyday. Make sure the engine is warm before you go to bed. The rats will fine another place to spend the night.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Dybala11(m): 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:

Is this sarcasm?
No, it's Sakariyau. grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by NairaMaster1(m): 12:09am On Oct 24, 2021
lookingfly:
I use my car every single day to very long distances. No change.

Then blame it on village people.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by drealcivilceno(m): 12:17am On Oct 24, 2021
Olarewaju89:
Slice onion or Cameroon pepper or women's hair attachment. Then you're free from rat

I wanted to say, good one until I saw...
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by solo11(m): 12:27am On Oct 24, 2021
Either you never owned a car before or you don’t live in naija.... I hope it’s the later sha ..........
kenzysmith:
Rat in your car engine? Is like you are a very dirty person

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by voltront: 12:46am On Oct 24, 2021
sleekman:
Are you serious?

These ideas seem nice on the surface. As any one thought about what could happen if the sniper fumes gets into the car while driving? You wan pursue rat, no go kill person.
As for the charcoal be careful where you place it in the engine compartment before you start a fire in your engine.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kelz2205: 1:03am On Oct 24, 2021
Buy those peletised rat poisons, impress them on thin chunks of bread and keep at strategic places inside the engine bay, make sure to put a few at areas with plenty droppings... u can use fresh cabbage petals too

Should clear out within a few days.. good luck.

yuskel:
Hello People,

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Lugianostar(m): 1:20am On Oct 24, 2021
Village people on rampage?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by frozen70(f): 4:06am On Oct 24, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Get a rat poison and keep for them to feed on

If you park near a gutter, you will experience it

If you park near dustbin, the worst of it

If you park for long time, you have given the rat a permanent home

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by HIbreed(m): 5:23am On Oct 24, 2021
kenzysmith:
Rat in your car engine? Is like you are a very dirty person
it's possible. Especially when you parked the car for long, it has nothing to do with cleanliness. These guys will always find their way in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent Leg Cramps While Driving? / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today. / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.