Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? (33572 Views)

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Using Car Engine For Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Prenonjebose: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
Many of the rat poisons are no longer effective. Op, may be sniper would do the trick with it's strong odour
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by realstars: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.
Put a Cat there simple.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2021
kenzysmith:
Rat in your car engine? Is like you are a very dirty person
If you have a car, you will know how dumb this your comment is. Doesn't matter if your car is dirty or not, rats are always going to try to live in it. I have a decent 2012 Acura TL, my compound is cleaning and I'm facing the same issue.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Charx122: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.

Get a rodent spray repellant....or change the location of your car..(parking area)
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kennyldelsu: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Put enof charcoal in the engine bay and areas they can hide in the car.
Camphore too can also wrk.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by lomprico(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

why do u park it for a long time?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by yuskel(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
Make I use the money buy Okada abi angry

TrishaOvie:
Just sell the car

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by guru90: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
kenzysmith:

Why can't u read and analyse it very well....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by mac04: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kenzysmith: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

If you have a car, you will know how dumb this yoir comment is. Doesn't matter if your car is dirty or not, rats are always going to try to live in it. I have a decent 2012 Acura TL, my company is sparking cleaning and I'm facing the same issue.
must u lie to prove a point

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Rubbiish(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

I am also experiencing same thing!
Is it your personal compound?
Many will suggest camphor, charcoal etc but many of these things don't work on our naija rats. Rats can be very stubborn. I just spent money replacing my ac & ac filter because of rats. Though the car was idle for long though. How long do u leave the car stay idle?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Aganju849: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
Longsleeve:

Oya buy another car for them to stay.. maybe a condemned car..

grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by yuskel(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
You are correct, their is a trash bin nearby.
Thanks for this insight.

sixtus3606:

Oga, it's either you park close to a dustbin, or you place a dustbin close to your car.

Now you know the solution.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Okeyc230: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
Very simple. Burn the car, All the rats will die forever. Good luck. Share feedback after.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Rubbiish(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
I heard they could cause serious electrical issues by eating the car wiring.
Reason why I am bothered.

Yes o
U need to take it serious.
Do not make them too comfortable, even if it means to park the car in another spot, it is very important. Before they destroy your car. They nearly destroyed my corolla as the car was just idle for too long.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by yuskel(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Give them eviction notice. If they refuse to move, then send area boys to throw aways their loads.

Cheif when last did you go for your mental check up?
I think it's high time you go see them at Yaba.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by davidque: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
olumzzz:
Your problem is Jerry.
Just buy Tom.
Shikena
cool
You probably never watched Tom and Jerry.......how many times have you seen Tom deal with Jerry. If Jerry is your problem just get very potent rat poisins and ensure you hv them placed in strategic locations

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by finalboss(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:

Cheif when last did you go for your mental check up?
I think it's high time you go see them at Yaba.
grin damn, this is funny. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
kenzysmith:
must u lie to prove a point
Lie... Why will I lie to a total stranger? You're funny
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Pidaa: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
kenzysmith:
why do will like criticizing people without valid evidence ?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by kenzysmith: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Lie... Why will I lie to a total stranger? You're funny
let see the pictures of the acura

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
They sent me back to my village from my farm ; I will send the position I used when I get back to Osogbo to you it works like magic , you need to add to fish or pelletized chicken feeds you will thank me later

A satchet cost 100 NGN
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by yuskel(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
Nnamaka1:
Get peppermints leaves or spray and put in all places they like to stay. It will drive them away. Thank me later

I heard this also works effectively to chase them off.
Please what is Peppermint called in local parlance.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by naija1stnigar(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
My best advice is to invite DSS to carry out their normal invasion, do this and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Rubbiish(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
iReddington:
He said car engine o and this is actually a serious concern for car owners because these shifty little rodents chew on wires and other sensitive parts, so if you have no idea or help to offer just skip the thread and let sensible people comment please.
Honestly!
So many comments making a joke out of it, not knowing this is a very serious issue for car owners who ride their cars occasionally!

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by yuskel(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
Don't crack my ribs, I beg.
Lwkmd!
greggng:

You never seize to amaze me. What of me that allowed them to stay in my house yet what did I get ? They kept eating my leftovers and at the end they will mess my house with their shit....I kept on fumigating but he refuse to go...he even threaten to chase me out of my house with his annoying behaviour. Last week I saw him doing jangolover on the dstv cable ...I begin to wonder if this one is a witch . Anyways his days are now numbered cos I am planning to buy a cat ...i am tired of poisoning him with out sucess .

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Rubbiish(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
I will try this, many thanks!

If u are going to use charcoal, ensure u remove them before u ride the car. But charcoal didn't work for me though. If there is space in your compound, best approach is to change parking spot at intervals.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Chuks1978: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
Charcoal will help you keep them away
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Deen112: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
Is your car parked for a long period of time. If the answer is yes then try warming up your car for few days. The rats won't return
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Westerville: 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2021
Buy sniper open it and keep it inside the bonnet,Note: keep it in away that it will not pour away and come and thank me later
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by WADZAS: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
Bring a typical TIV man to stay in your compound for a day
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Jameseye: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

All you need do is run your engine for 10 to 15 minutes late every night before you sleep and first thing in the morning when you wake up. Try this for 2 weeks...might work

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent Leg Cramps While Driving? / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today. / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.