Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67915 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by hentech911: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
I can donate sperm so u can have ur baby and be happy.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by kodix(m): 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
The truth is that marriage doesn't even bring happiness as well as singleness, 98percent are lonely and not happy in marriages but re covering up, so dear the choice is yours you know what you want.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Shaev7(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
I wish I can help. Just do what pleases you and God.
If that's your call, then you can't do anything about it.
Am just. Low pay nigha who just enjoys counselling people. Be cool. If you need cool talks and smooth mind, just hola at ma. But, I keep you in my prayers....
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Tayosteve(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
naturefellow:
ogbomosho weed?

grin
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Tayosteve(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=Eyinju112 post=107027990]

Oga shey you sure say you sabi read and understand grin

Read the message again and understand [/quote

undecided
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by chaloskyx: 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
YOU HAVE LOST THE CHANCE OF HAVING A RELATIONSHIP
YOU HAVE LOST THE CHANCE OF HAVING A HUSBAND
YOU HAVE THE CHANCE OF GETTING PREGNANT AND BEING A SINGLE PROUD MOTHER
MY ADVICE.......................DONT LOOSE THIS ONE
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
suffering:
Mscheew. In this day and age of multiplying then storing eggs we’re reading stories of this sort. This is obviously an American article, it doesn’t concern me.

U dey vex o grin lwkm
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by perryy(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

I'm 46 and a widower. I don't know if you can marry me . I was rich but now somehow struggling though I still retain some of my few properties. If you can marry a man of my type , DM me now.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by aisha2008(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

can you marry someone with wife? I mean married man. If so I can help you
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by eTen94(m): 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Where are tho, come let's talk
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by aisha2008(m): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Seriously I can marry you and be a good husband but am married and need second wife. Dm me if you are interested
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by redsun(m): 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
You can freeze them for a suitable time to conceive. But remember that life expectancy in Nigeria is 50, that is if you are permanently based there.

You can be happy without children too. You just have to take one minute at a time and make sure your independence is paramount. No self-independence, no happiness.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Walkee: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How do you know show us fact
check his profile naa

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hathor5(f): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
MummyD2020:

Correct! I am married but the way people carry this thing like a trophy amazes me. Life doesn't end there. There are single ladies that are more happier than the married ones. There are many challenges and responsibilities in this institution that you wonder why u even delved into it. I guess its for personal aggrandizement and societal pressures

I will never understand what their problem and obsession with single ladies or people who decide not to have kids is. And like you rightly said, marriage is not a guarantee that your life will be a bed of roses.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Handsomebb: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
the Doc gave a good advice.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Yeecar(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

You can call me or message me on Whatsapp 07064983344
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
revived:
Ohk

Dm Me I Go Fertilize You With Two

And I Will Take Responsibility For Them

But No Marriage

If Agreed Dm

The tins woman eyes dey see.... Only God will help us
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Luu40: 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
Problem of your society.
If there's any man you have interest in, do tell him you love him and you people should get married soonest. And there's no shame in that. At least, someone who would care for you and be by your side.
The mistake has already been made, don't let it be your white whale. Being chaste is really good, every reasonable man loves to enjoy the company of a chaste partner. You just went out of your boundary.
And also don't let lack of kids make you feel any less of a woman.
Get yourself a husband by all legal means.

Sorry for your troubles and good luck in your pursuits.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:
You are the first lady I'm seeing that's blaming everyone around her for her predicament, except herself.

The 1st Lady? LOL. You really dont know women: accountability is not a corr value for most.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by zivility: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

You seam a sensible person but life happened to u. I know it's good u have a child of ur own but more importantly a companion. Many are married but have no companion trust me. Being in the US gives u a lot of advantages but as much disadvantage still u r rich. I would like to see u go further and be happy but I can't tell it here inbox me and I'll gladly give assistant cheers.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by IamOrei(m): 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
You can reach me if you don't mind though I'm younger than you are.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nurain150(m): 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
MufasaLion:

All that is in your heart is darkness.
Have you collected her number?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nurain150(m): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hathor5:

You are a very bitter soul. I feel sorry for you.
You have result to being insultive. Weldone.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by temielects(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided
He that is able to receive it,let him receive it MTTW 19:15,in being able there should be happiness if there is no happiness in it and bringing a urge to sin that's not the kind of being "able" Jesus was talking about,no parental upbringing will decide if you want to
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by calcal: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Baby, you need to live like a real American, drop your pride, and let any Joe the plumber in your life. I know with 2 degrees, your class might be high but really nothing there that is high.

duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Ejos1(m): 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

i hv a God fearing person for you.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by revived: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lovalovaphunmz:

The tins woman eyes dey see.... Only God will help us

My sister I am only rendering help ni oooo
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Taiwo20(m): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
1st question; What do you intend to do?

Seems guys over there are not in a hurry to married due to a whole lot of factors.
Being a single parent will be very difficult except if you are will to employ domestic staff to help reduce the stress.

2nd question: Deep down within you, what are your plans for the next 2 years?

duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by jude2016: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
Call let's talk about it in private. 0.8.0.2.9.0.5.4.8.5.8 I have a solution.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by GetMeRight: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
I actually discussed this with my folks the other time.

The single lifestyle of our generation affects the female gender more than the male gender.

When you age you will understand that the most important aspect of marriage is actually companionship, sex is while you are younger but as you age.

You need a confidant, a partner no matter how hard it is you need someone.

To our single women out there, please use the opportunity now.

I have met plenty aged single women, i must confess that 85% of them aren't happy with their life.

That's my advice for the guys who made up their minds to be single daddies and be "free" from the marriage/women problems. Old age is coming for you all, both single mummies and daddies
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by GetMeRight: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
IamOrei:
You can reach me if you don't mind though I'm younger than you are.

Lol. U wan tap dat opportunity because younger ladies no finish for Naija
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by GetMeRight: 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
kodix:
The truth is that marriage doesn't even bring happiness as well as singleness, 98percent are lonely and not happy in marriages but re covering up, so dear the choice is yours you know what you want.

A whole 98%? Why not make it 99.9%?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Soldier Gets Home After 8 Months To Meet His Wife 3-Months Pregnant For Her Ex / Why I Wanted To Kill My Husband – Mrs. Dede (Graphic Photo) / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.