Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67838 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by GetMeRight: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hathor5:

I will never understand what their problem and obsession with single ladies or people who decide not to have kids is. And like you rightly said, marriage is not a guarantee that your life will be a bed of roses.

Are you married too? Because I could see that you are backing up someone who is already in a marriage but talking down on marriage.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by askjohnprosper: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
I pray you read this too. Please do not blame anybody. Some get it early, some maybe late. Your parents and maybe religious leader thought too was good. Some rush in and rush out, but in all things, give thanks to God.

God have a purpose for you, His thoughts for you are good and lead to expected end (sounding religious right? But is the truth). I don't know your name nor have seen you, but be positive and thankful.

Can we talk?
John Prosper (Nwankwo)
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Joe4real1988(m): 12:15am On Oct 25, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
We talk?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Angeldemon: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Most of you have bad character and manners all the while thinking youre "Good girls"
Dont use academics of career as excuse. If youre even averagely fine there would have been men around you who might have asked you out or be friends with you. If guys know a good girl they always always recommend them to their other male friends.
So its either your character is bad and nobody tells you maybe because of your bad reaction when they do.
or
You wasted your opportunities when they came earlier in life in your late 20s, 30s till now.

I dont pity women like you as most of your type used, ignored and ridiculed good men God sent your way in your hay days

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hotguy27: 12:29am On Oct 25, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.
I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

I see many ladies like you everyday and I wonder how they feel.

The worst here is that you didn't see any fault or blame yourself for f^cking around and "enjoying" yourself when you were supposed to accept one of the numerous suitors that wanted your hand in marriage at your prime age. You were probably gallivanting from one night club to the other with different guys who would never consider you decent as a wife material when they want to make their decisions.

You have learnt your lessons though very late already.

Well, your last resort now is to run to God. There is nothing He cannot perfect!
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ameh43: 12:49am On Oct 25, 2021
I understand how frustrating it could be but the advises wasn't a bad one.... The life style and the choice of friends actually is the greatest determinant of marriage... Keeping those not ready to settle down or those not sincere enough to let you know who you really are can actually leads to failed relationships.... A review of choices and standard should be your priority not the advises received
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Yaks02(m): 1:28am On Oct 25, 2021
duyox2004:

Come let me marry you, I'm younger though
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Oct 25, 2021
jclassiq:

43? Oh, okay.
I hope you have kids though. Kids can be such joy givers.
Kids are also a burden, a huge responsibility! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Oct 25, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
This is completely not a choice issue, or quoting holy scriptures or subtly insulting my parents.

The reality is, old age isn't fair to single people both men and women. That's the reality in our society today , whether they can live with or without a partner to be happy is not my assertion.
That is untrue especially in today's world. Anyone can save up to live out there old age in style. While people are busy spending on raising kids, a single person can invest in a future that ensures he/she is well taken care of. undecided

I suggest you brush up on reality rather than continue to swallow lies that were fed you by the ignorant folks before you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by themanderon: 2:28am On Oct 25, 2021
duyox2004:

Believe in God and he will make you get your own man and kids. I know of a sister in my former church that got married at 45 and went on to have 4 kids who are all grown up now. I know another that had her first child at 52yrs normal delivery. These are the works of God and if you can only believe he will do yours too. Do not listen to naysayers and scoffers on this forum for they are carnal men and cannot understand how God works.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Willmichael(m): 2:59am On Oct 25, 2021
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Oct 25, 2021
naturefellow:
thanks for making a difference with your empathy and positivity. So many mean comments here.

Most nigerians don't know to STFU or avoid a sad situation, if they have no intent to help it.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Djbush: 3:23am On Oct 25, 2021
duyox2004:

People go online, copy and paste other people write up word for word without acknowledging the original writer. This op went to Quora, a question and answer site to copy and paste this topic. Very dumb.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by zedegit: 3:31am On Oct 25, 2021
SARSCoV2:
Regrets!

You will be alone!

Trust me, it ends in regrets

You just be on social media forming artificial happiness

Marriage favours the women. It's their retirement package.

For men, they get billed constantly for one petty thing or the other. They grow grey hair due to constant nagging.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AmbassadoR100(m): 3:51am On Oct 25, 2021
Talk to God in prayers before taking any decision. He may have something to tell you.
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Ninobraw(m): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2021
If what you re saying is true I can donate some sperm I mean if you re ready for IVF, better still let me know If you also need a serious relationships, we can talk via +2348064590713. 41yrs is still young you can still get pregnant and have your own babies, if you feel no much time then IVF can give you twins
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ikorodureporta: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2021
U prolly not in the right environment

That's the consequence of living abroad..
You made need to adopt new rules if you really want to marry..
Funke Akindele did... I'v seen 50+ giving birth
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Mleeperbother: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2021
icecool12:
Standards, parents expectations.

There’s nothing wrong in being a single mother, so I’d suggest it. I know an aunt who never got married. When she hit 4th floor, my grandma advised her to have one or two children but she refused. Today she’s about 76, lonely,
ashamed
, miserable and hardly visits home. So please, have a child or two.

Ashamed of what?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by naturefellow(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
as if the world is not cruel enough.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MufasaLion: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2021
nurain150:

Have you collected her number?

Yes, I have. Next?

Dumbo!
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Ogagawhite(f): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Okay I share ur pain anyway I hardly come here ( nairaland ) most times coz am busy , well if u r sincere in character nd Godly I can introduce u to my brother he is in need of a good Nd GOD FEARING woman with good character nd regard for humanity, he doesn’t womanizer he is a genuine Christian I promise u , u will love him cos he is educated, handsome nd the most Swt part of him is that he is a man that loves JESUS, am writing here becos u dislike cheating me same with me ( if u need his num or WhatsApp num just dm me but don’t tell him u got his num from me , jus discover him by urself )
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by We4all: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2021
revived:

Wait bro

No be woman op be ni

She is.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by SatanKeepOff: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2021
How do i meet you?
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by SatanKeepOff: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2021
i'm 33. i base in port harcourt... can we be friends? can we meet?
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by othenok(f): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2021
mysticgal:
It’s so sad that a lot of people are going to fall into this thread advising and trolling women in a demeaning way, due to your story.

It’s pathetic you are doing Mr Peter Ade…., Most likely from ifetedo, oyo state or ekiti state, whichever of this profile is banked on the internet. I mean with your most likely failed blogging career…..

Going through your profile, you are man assuming to be a woman in order to stir the workings of all these sore woman haters, churning out vile and ugly comments. First off, you are not a woman, you are male COWard, a coward at that with no balls.

2. if you are a woman and you are single at over 30, own that shitt, Life continues, adopt kids. They are humans, find love in your place of religion, supermarket, dating sites and live the life out of your life.

You are pathetic op and go find a job or something, trolling even makes you more distasteful

*spits*

I was wondering same o. Thank you for exposing the COWard

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by jclassiq(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Kids are also a burden, a huge responsibility! undecided
Yeah, but you must choose your own burden -- burden of loneliness or burden of caring for another human being
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by direx100: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2021
My advice is. Any man you see if God gives you a go ahead why not proceed. Time is not on your side. Avoid unnecessary standard and do the needful
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nurain150(m): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
MufasaLion:

Yes, I have. Next?

Dumbo!
Keep the simp.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Feelings79: 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
duyox2004:

I'm slightly older than you and it will be nice if we talk about this together.There is alot we can learn from each other.My email is: flexybtongu@gmail.com.Kindly contact me, just as you can equally DM me here
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Daradared2(f): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
hmmm! this tie rapper ooo! if i may ask, it is compulsory you trained your own child? adopt one or two and be a mother to them. Just opion undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.