Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67834 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by landproglobal: 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
I am available for you
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Walkee:
Fake story from a liar live in a slum in oyo state.
No be only Texas na brazzas
How do you know show us fact
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Yoighaman(m): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

Modified.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So what do you intend to do now? undecided
She just realised that her life is worthless without having a man to call her own.
A fool at 41 is a fool forever!

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ndividual: 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

So you just copied this from Quora as your own? Wawu. Almost everyone bought it, so kudos to you.

Original Source: https://qr.ae/pGxnsp

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
Grandmeister:

How she the first?? That's the factory setting of every girl! It is always the guys fault. When flavour, psquare and the likes sing, you see them admitting they messed up and want their woman back. But have you seen tiwa, yemi alade and Co ever admit in their songs that they messed up? Mba! They don't. They're always faultless in their relationship.
Lol that gender never make mistake na
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by gasparpisciotta: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
Katcall:
when i can give dozens

Dozens of ?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Paulo3ree(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

If you are interested and truly needs to settle down
I could introduce you to 1 to 2 persons I know that truly wants to settle down
Privacy for both must be enured by every concerned persons
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Honduras: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
God can make a way if you believe, reach me
0903 689 2989 that is my whatapp number
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Okunwealth: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
I swear down I cant sleep with a woman within 2 months without getting pregnant . Am even thinking of donating my eggs sef but I dont know how to go about it.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by mdsne(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

your own story is better can we relate
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Miarose: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Have a child.. There is nothing special in 90% of marriages.. Its the children that keep them together.

Which is why in old age, mama can go for omugwo and forget the man in the house..

Beleive me, no greater joy than being a mother..
duyox2004:

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by frozen70(f): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
nurain150:

All still boils down to it's the man that will donate no matter what means

Who is talking about donating, how many reputable men have donated without their consent

A lot of them
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Danhumprey: 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Malawian(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.
Shey make I give you Belle? I have knocked up 3 barren women to date. How much you go pay me?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anyahuruagu: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
Anuoluwa12345:
Pls, what will young souls like us now do, cuz me I don't understand again... They tell us to keep ourselves etc, that the right man will come, that men out there are after your pants, once they see it they will leave .. person just confuse here jare cry cry, and I we grew up learning that and reading holy book and culture that a girl that keeps herself is very cherished in her husband sight, don't keep multiple boyfriend etc.. pls sir, do you have any word of wisdom you can give me now, cuz me I am confused o.

They gave you the right advice.. We aren't saying be wayward and find a man.

We are saying be available for a man at a much younger age. So many women weren't available for marriage at a much younger age.

So many people up there quoting me with 'it's a choice to marry' if you cannot be celibate then, kindly find someone to build with early enough.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Humm.. okkk, thanks so much, God bless.
Anyahuruagu:

They gave you the right advice.. We aren't saying be wayward and find a man.

We are saying be available for a man at a much younger age. So many women weren't available for marriage at a much younger age.

So many people up there quoting me with 'it's a choice to marry' if you cannot be celibate then, kindly find someone to build with early enough.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ogawisdom(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

A fool at 40 is likely a fool forever, just continue until 65 then u will learn the hard way
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by WoundedLamb: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
I know someone like you. I'll advise you to do what she did; preserve your egg and when you're ready, fertilize it. You obviously would like loved to get married and have kids the traditional way, but we can't always have what we want. Please, do not let anyone's opinion deny you your happiness in life.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anyahuruagu: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided

This is completely not a choice issue, or quoting holy scriptures or subtly insulting my parents.

The reality is, old age isn't fair to single people both men and women. That's the reality in our society today , whether they can live with or without a partner to be happy is not my assertion.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Eyinju112(f): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author =Tayosteve post=107011593]Bros, you are not running out of eggs. All will be well for you as long as you are not a simp

Have a stable income and get a nice girl.[/quote]

Oga shey you sure say you sabi read and understand grin

Read the message again and understand
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I will pray for u to get someone to settle down with. But we u were in ur early 20s u were doing shakara for guys na. If u don't my i can help u answer my name as ur husband, u care for ur needs etc d way it was written in d HOLY BOOK. If u r in DM me. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by noisy45(m): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I'm available and single make I marry you be be
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by divalishis: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

If you have all these so-called 'accomplishments' and you still do not know what to do, then you are very much ignorant.

Tell me what a man would give you now that you can't get by yourself. If it is kids you want, do you need marriage to have kids?

Men that would come into your life and turn it upside down.

If you like, keep wallowing in misery, don't be proactive.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Bluntyarn20: 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Now what is your plan?, better still get someone to help you fertilize some before it gets too late, not all is destined to get married, but you Can decide to have a child or two
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by eguarojeona: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Send me an e-mail.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hathor5(f): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
nurain150:

I see you coming here again in the next few years to complain.

Almighty willing.

I would remind you then.

Back to sender. wink

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nurain150(m): 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hathor5:

Back to sender. wink
Oh so you need a man, I thought you don't want to get married.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MummyD2020(f): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
icecool12:
Standards, parents expectations.

There’s nothing wrong in being a single mother, so I’d suggest it. I know an aunt who never got married. When she hit 4th floor, my grandma advised her to have one or two children but she refused. Today she’s about 76, lonely, ashamed, miserable and hardly visits home. So please, have a child or two.

Those that shout single mum up and down with uncertainty plaguing their future will come for u now
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hathor5(f): 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
nurain150:

Oh so you need a man, I thought you don't want to get married.

You are a very bitter soul. I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MummyD2020(f): 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hathor5:

Yeah, right. grin

I can equally claim that 85% of married women aren't happy either.

Correct! I am married but the way people carry this thing like a trophy amazes me. Life doesn't end there. There are single ladies that are more happier than the married ones. There are many challenges and responsibilities in this institution that you wonder why u even delved into it. I guess its for personal aggrandizement and societal pressures
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MufasaLion: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
nurain150:

I see you coming here again in the next few years to complain.

Almighty willing.

I would remind you then.

All that is in your heart is darkness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.