Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67804 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ChocolateWine(f): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
I am not a single mother, I wonder what your question has got to do with this post, or did you not read the story well? That the OP is blaming her parents for having adviced her against teenage pregnancy, she is blaming them for having encouraged her to develop herself.

She's actually frustrated. She's never being a single mother and you haven't either. It's best to get such advice from someone who has being in that road before.

Is having a kid actually her problem? Out of 8 billion people in the world she has to bring a new human to end her loneliness?

Make it make sense.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Prechboy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
I will marry you if you want. I'm 28 years old and I see age as just a number

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Accept responsibility for your mistakes.
Many women out there went to school, and still got married and had kids.
If you re single as a lady at 41 its your fault.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by judedwriter(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

Nothing is impossible with God. It's not too late to receive a miracle from him if only you believe.

Stand on God's Word on fertility, marriage and children. Confess them every day and He will miraculously perform them in your life.

Trust me, confessing God's Word works always only if you are patient.

However, I must warn you never to put your full trust in man.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Father4all: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
call this fellow or send emails faraidi079@gmail.com
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by martinoluv: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I don't mind getting married to u sha
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by martinoluv: 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
DM me I don't mind Getting married to u or getting u pregnant
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
You didn't see her complain doctors say she has less eggs? Did you not read where she said she's single and has no kids? One doesn't need to be a single mom before one would know that having your children around can help take away loneliness, there are single mothers everywhere for anyone to get a clue from. I also mentioned adoption. I don't understand what you mean by she's "frustrated". What is behind her frustration?
ChocolateWine:

She's actually frustrated. She's never being a single mother and you haven't either. It's best to get such advice from someone who has being in that road before.

Is having a kid actually her problem? Out of 8 billion people in the world she has to bring a new human to end her loneliness?

Make it make sense.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Laflameiszy(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
I felt for you madame , it's not too badly late pls don't be in a hurry or feel fraustred ..make I no lie this days younger dude are the ones with real love .try a cool one ...or can hook you up too

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Bimpe29: 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Eyaaa! Sorry for all the ill advices. However, it's really never too late to be married and bid spinsterhood a farewell.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Lugianostar(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ekpele mma.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Eriokanmi: 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Similar Issues most ladies face in the USA and other western countries. Even couples hardly see each other despite staying under same roof. Africa is super good grin.

Everybody is afraid of their neighbours in Yankee. That country na wah. I hardly see people around except when I visit malls or Walt dysneypark or knott Berry Park in LA. Many hardly even go to church. They listen to Simon online and make their donations via same means. God didn't create man this way abeg.

I'd advise the moniker to take a break and come to Nigeria. Spend a month and you'd get a God-fearing husband.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Eriokanmi: 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ow0eg0kudi:
Hmmmm @duyox2004
You asked a question and answered it yourself.
You are old (though not too old) and you're already feeling like this, so just imagine what you'll be like in 10/20/30 years from now.

Perspectives: some give advice based on evil intent, some based on their personal circumstances, and some will give you advice that thy feel will be the best for you BUT the ultimate decision is ALWAYS yours to make.

Àmọ̀ràn: You can choose to marry before this year runs out because there are men waiting to marry your type - full yankee babe spec with better fonee - and will worship at your nether altar for the rest of their lives BUT are you willing and ready to marry such?

The ball is in someone's court...

A kú ojúmọ́...ẹ dẹ̀ kú ìsinmi, ẹ̀mí a ṣe ọ̀pọ rẹ̀
Waa gbayi omo yooba atata
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ChocolateWine(f): 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
You didn't see her complain doctors say she has less eggs? Did you not read where she said she's single and has no kids? One doesn't need to be a single mom before one would know that having your children around can help take away loneliness, there are single mothers everywhere for anyone to get a clue from. I also mentioned adoption. I don't understand what you mean by she's "frustrated". What is behind her frustration?

"I hate being single" is an act of frustration.

I have seen a single mother who has 4 kids between the ages of 5 to 17, has an amazing girlfriend, but terribly cries of being lonely. She begs to have a man who simple tell her "Hi" often.

I've seen people who have been single all their lives and yet live fulfilling lives.

What I'm only driving at is that doing things against God's way cannot be a smarter move.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nurudeen181(m): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ow0eg0kudi:
Hmmmm @duyox2004
You asked a question and answered it yourself.
You are old (though not too old) and you're already feeling like this, so just imagine what you'll be like in 10/20/30 years from now.

Perspectives: some give advice based on evil intent, some based on their personal circumstances, and some will give you advice that thy feel will be the best for you BUT the ultimate decision is ALWAYS yours to make.

Àmọ̀ràn: You can choose to marry before this year runs out because there are men waiting to marry your type - full yankee babe spec with better fonee - and will worship at your nether altar for the rest of their lives BUT are you willing and ready to marry such?

The ball is in someone's court...

A kú ojúmọ́...ẹ dẹ̀ kú ìsinmi, ẹ̀mí a ṣe ọ̀pọ rẹ̀

the way you write this yoruba give me joy, i wish you could teach me how to use those marks or signs.. i am born yoruba but brought up amongs abokis.. you understand the rest.. mole ko yoruba sugbon mio mo inkankan nipa lilo awon ami ye...
please.. my whatsapp number is 08108189778
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Eriokanmi: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided
Your comment is warped-up. Did you read the moniker's post at all? She never wanted to become Eunuch, she wanted to get married and have children shocked

So, how can someone who wishes to get married but ended up not getting a spouse be happy? How can you be happy when what you actually needed to be happy isn't there ?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
Pls, what will young souls like us now do, cuz me I don't understand again... They tell us to keep ourselves etc, that the right man will come, that men out there are after your pants, once they see it they will leave .. person just confuse here jare cry cry, and I we grew up learning that and reading holy book and culture that a girl that keeps herself is very cherished in her husband sight, don't keep multiple boyfriend etc.. pls sir, do you have any word of wisdom you can give me now, cuz me I am confused o.
Anyahuruagu:
I actually discussed this with my folks the other time.

The single lifestyle of our generation affects the female gender more than the male gender.

When you age you will understand that the most important aspect of marriage is actually companionship, sex is while you are younger but as you age.

You need a confidant, a partner no matter how hard it is you need someone.

To our single women out there, please use the opportunity now.

I have met plenty aged single women, i must confess that 85% of them aren't happy with their life.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Eriokanmi: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
nurudeen181:

the way you write this yoruba give me joy, i wish you could teach me how to use those marks or signs.. i am born yoruba but brought up amongs abokis.. you understand the rest.. mole ko yoruba sugbon mio mo inkankan nipa lilo awon ami ye...
please.. my whatsapp number is 08108189778
grin. Its simple nah..that's what differentiated us from other tribes. We're so unique in our ways. Some people said we originated from mecca but our alphabets are French-like, we share alot in common with French, including the amin and the way we pronounce things. Go grab alawiye iwe kinni titide iwe kefa. Then learn yoruba vowels... a e,ę, i,o o,u.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided
Wrong assertion
Ajegbodo to n wani kunra e
You are just trying to console yourself in loneliness by typing this gibberish.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
Pocohantas once said something, and I quote... (only a foolish 37yrs old single woman will be taking postinor after sex, what is she ashamed off).
icecool12:
Standards, parents expectations.

There’s nothing wrong in being a single mother, so I’d suggest it. I know an aunt who never got married. When she hit 4th floor, my grandma advised her to have one or two children but she refused. Today she’s about 76, lonely, ashamed, miserable and hardly visits home. So please, have a child or two.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Ladiva: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.�

Give credit to quora where you copied this from... #plagiarism#
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by opribo(m): 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
You dont have to get married to have kids. Once you are getting to the age of 35, just locate a young viable body, you don't need to tell him your mission.

If he loves you enough to marry you so be it, else you just have your baby and keep away from him to avoid a heart break a second time.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by adejaresalami1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
Copied from quora

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anabosee(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
E go good make you de single at 40 make you know as e de pain.
Before op come type this article, just imagine how unhappy she is.
I hate it when people deceive themselves.
Kobojunkie:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Exkandayee(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I'm here for you baby girl, just message me and it'll be the same
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by edoman2016: 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.

I doubt you are 43. Let guess, you write like a 36 or 37 years old lady. I could be wrong.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Das1mama: 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
It has to do with BOB (base on believe), it's not yet late until is late, go back to creation which is the foundation and trace where ur flaws are then make amends asap and watch things working out for your good. Thank me later but all Glory be given to God Almighty. Shalom
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Anusiemgood(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
mysticgal:
It’s so sad that a lot of people are going to fall into this thread advising and trolling women in a demeaning way, due to your story.

It’s pathetic you are doing Mr Peter Ade…., Most likely from ifetedo, oyo state or ekiti state, whichever of this profile is banked on the internet. I mean with your most likely failed blogging career…..

Going through your profile, you are man assuming to be a woman in order to stir the workings of all these sore woman haters, churning out vile and ugly comments. First off, you are not a woman, you are male COWard, a coward at that with no balls.

2. if you are a woman and you are single at over 30, own that shitt, Life continues, adopt kids. They are humans, find love in your place of religion, supermarket, dating sites and live the life out of your life.

You are pathetic op and go find a job or something, trolling even makes you more distasteful

*spits*
what then happens at last....marriage is a good thing, everyone should desires for it, stop giving unfriendly advice, please
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by duyox2004: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ladiva:

Give credit to quora where you copied this from... #plagiarism#

I dey tell you I should have done that. I forgot.

People it's from quora....
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by iTearHerToto: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Isn’t that the standard? Blame everyone but yourself?

That is why I will continue to commend Linda Ikeji for having that boy. She did what a right thinking woman should do. Not taking postinor 2 at 38.

If you want a child and you can cater for that child, by all means have that child. Even small girls of 21 are having their babies. Then a grown financially independent woman in her late 30s is somewhere asking “hope you didn’t cum inside”. undecided undecided

People must talk. When they are done talking, they will move on. With time they’ll appreciate the decision you took years ago.

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.

shocked
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nurain150(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hathor5:

Yeah, right. grin

I can equally claim that 85% of married women aren't happy either.

Lol. I hope you don't get married and also no kids till you grow old.

If you don't wish for that, don't be an hypocrite .

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Estate Agent Impregnates His Friend’s Wife In Nasarawa (Photos) / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.