Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54650 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by BRATISLAVA: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2021
This is a thread that goes to show you can not please people with your choices.

The same people telling her to run are the ones who frequently tell women that it's their mouths that get them beaten, that they deserve the beating because they made the man into a beast, and that a good woman is tender hearted and forgiving of the excesses of her man. They will even tell her to kneel and apologize to him, then use sellotape to keep shut for life just to be ideal wife material. Let's not forget the burden of prayers that women must do while men don't need heaven.

Suddenly they are saying otherwise? These people must be against the success of her impending wedding. Don't listen to single people who want you to be single too. Etc etc.

Sounds like a red pill piece of work, though. How do women meet and excuse these types of men? Is it that they don't date and see their interactions online, with their mothers and sisters, their exes and other people, too?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by BRATISLAVA: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Babaken:

You have told us his bad side let's hear his good side.
You can also tell us your bad and good side so that we can balance the equation. Marriage is never a bed of roses.

What could be better than being capable of battering her to death, after his romantic good sides?

If he kills her from beating her, all he has to do is flash his good side cards for you, and her bad side cards for you, and you will acquit him?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Badonasty(m): 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Please just call it off madam
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Karnice600: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Take an open bluff than die in privacy. Call it off!

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Onarabu: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

You have all these signs and evidences and you're still planning to go ahead, sister think twice, marriage is not by force, the same you're running away for today may cause you ur life in the future!

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Itzi8(m): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Hello, can you hear me? You've a better chance of leaving now, while you still can. Furthermore, with such bitterness and sadness in your expression, you will live in regrets for the rest of your life.
Every lady deserves better; Life first, marriage can wait, don't swallow saliva in style and watch your life crumble for the rest of your life.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Creamz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Call off the marriage now that the signs are CLEAR!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kennyprince: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
I wonder why some people choose to please others at their own expense.

Dont u have freedom of choice again? This is so unreal

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Amanda4life: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

AUNTY U CAN QUIT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Amanda4life: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
HE DOESN'T LIKE U.

PLs QUIT THE MaRRIAge
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Bola146(f): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
millionboi:
have u died before, how do you know is better to be alive?

No I haven't, you can ask your elders
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Babaken(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

What could be better than being capable of battering her to death, after his romantic good sides?

If he kills her from beating her, all he has to do is flash his good side cards for you, and her bad side cards for you, and you will acquit him?
In as much I don't support men raising their hands on wemen are you telling me there's nothing good that attract her towards the guy to the extend of accepting marriage proposer. A man will just wake up and start beating her for just nothing let's here from the both side.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Deprince14(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

It is better you call off the wedding now and damn what the society will say because they will still have what to say when you start going through challenges in your marriage.

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by millionboi(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Bola146:

No I haven't, you can ask your elders
na u talk m no b elders
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ebullient76(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
Reboot your medulla oblongata and set it properly before walking into that bondage...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Babaken(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Phraences:

You need to see a psychiatrist. I think you love him beating you so people can tell you sorry. You love him beating you so you can come to Nairaland and write sob stories and have people commenting and giving advice. You love the attention. Or he is rich and you have not found a better rich maga. Since you love marriage so much and you are prepared to suffer for it, please go ahead.
My dear don't mind her she came here to paint the man black and red are they not dating before the man propose didn't she see all these before she accept they tie her join the man neck she should tell us a bit of herself you forget to tell us one thing the man is too rich to let go yayayaya.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by BRATISLAVA: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Babaken:
In as much I don't support men raising their hands on wemen are you telling me there's nothing good that attract her towards the guy to the extend of accepting marriage proposer. A man will just wake up and start beating her for just nothing let's here from the both side.

He won't just wake up, but he did wake and beat her up, so what are you saying? Did you know that battery is a crime under Nigeria law? Did you know the police will arrest him without listening for his good side? If he's so good, why battering her?

You don't support it, yet you're looking for reasons to justify why a person commits the crime of battery, by asking for the the victim for the batterers good sides? Does that some how erase the blood spilled and the broken bones? If you don't support it, of what use are his good sides? Will the good side make him more marriageable? When he beats her to death, will you ask for his good sides too?

If you know you can marry a good woman with other qualities who beats you to a pulp, then advice OP to continue and list the good sides of the guy.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by macho44(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Winters23:

grin

I was in this situation 4yrs ago, date fixed and all, wife to be and her family decided to catch cruise on me I was like wtf...

I simply called it off

Can't come and kill myself on top my own money
Ma Niggy, U Is A Real Nigga
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MsFaith: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14, come and update us when you finally get married to him, we like gists grin

Interesting soap opera grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Phraences: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
mediaspy:
I wish I could talk to you privately. The truth is you should end it now. Reach out to me and I can guild you. I know why how you feel about the embarrassment, it is not easy but it has to end, reach out if you want someone to guild you through the situation. I am not a pastor, I am a married man with a clear understanding of life and marriage

*Married man? Egungun be careful, na express you dey go!!!!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by newoffer: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
U know he is a serial beater and u continue with him. Babe, u like suffer. Hope u have something good to do.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Fantazy(m): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
I can't remember when marriage became a do or die affair.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Babaken(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

He won't just wake up, but he did wake and beat her up, so what are you saying? Did you know that battery is a crime under Nigeria law? Did you know the police will arrest him without listening for his good side? If he's so good, why battering her?

You don't support it, yet you're looking for reasons to justify why a person commits the crime of battery, by asking for the the victim for the batterers good sides? Does that some how erase the blood spilled and the broken bones? If you don't support it, of what use are his good sides? Will the good side make him more marriageable? When he beats her to death, will you ask for his good sides too?

If you know you can marry a good woman with other qualities who beats you to a pulp, then advice OP to continue and list the good sides of the guy.
The choice is hers to stay or not you are telling me a responsibile man will just wake up and start beating the person he claim to love to the extent of proposing to her did she tell you what she did that warrant the beating. When some of you hear that a man lay hands on a woman authentically the man is a beast the lady is an angel without asking the offense of the lady You that's preaching am very sure out of anger you may have lay your hands on your junior or kid's for things they did wrong you have been cautioning them for long.
The man is a woman beater he is not caring not romantic there's nothing good about the man still you accept his proposal seeking for opinion if to continue with the marriage or not.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Funkybabee(f): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
You are very funny sis

A no dey give dam about any talk o

Na then sabi their mouth o

The day they are sharing shame am not at home.
Your peace of mind and the future of your kids is what u should be considered.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by truthhurts2: 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Please, can you DM me on whatsapp? Pls do... 08065742633

I will be expecting please
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Unstoppable97(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Who is forcing you ? At the first place
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by goldmatrix(m): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Wishing you a hammering Congratulations
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by obowunmi(m): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
This is a thread that goes to show you can not please people with your choices.

The same people telling her to run are the ones who frequently tell women that it's their mouths that get them beaten, that they deserve the beating because they made the man into a beast, and that a good woman is tender hearted and forgiving of the excesses of her man. They will even tell her to kneel and apologize to him, then use sellotape to keep shut for life just to be ideal wife material. Let's not forget the burden of prayers that women must do while men don't need heaven.

Suddenly they are saying otherwise? These people must be against the success of her impending wedding. Don't listen to single people who want you to be single too. Etc etc.

Sounds like a red pill piece of work, though. How do women meet and excuse these types of men? Is it that they don't date and see their interactions online, with their mothers and sisters, their exes and other people, too?

That’s why it’s important to live life on your own terms.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by BRATISLAVA: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
obowunmi:

That’s why it’s important to live life on your own terms.

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by BRATISLAVA: 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Babaken:
The choice is hers to stay or not you are telling me a responsibile man will just wake up and start beating the person he claim to love to the extent of proposing to her did she tell you what she did that warrant the beating. When some of you hear that a man lay hands on a woman authentically the man is a beast the lady is an angel without asking the offense of the lady You that's preaching am very sure out of anger you may have lay your hands on your junior or kid's for things they did wrong you have been cautioning them for long.
The man is a woman beater he is not caring not romantic there's nothing good about the man still you accept his proposal seeking for opinion if to continue with the marriage or not.

If he's "responsible", why is he committing the crime of battery?

Look, there is a gross difference between beating a child and beating a person you didn't give birth to, an adult. Are you her parent? You are comparing a fish with a seal. What he did is called criminal battery/assault. If she reports him to human rights bodies or reliable police, he will be arrested. Nobody will ask him for his good side or what she did to him when she clearly didn't touch him. How many times has your fellow man beaten you for "offending" him? Would you take it as a fact of life that you pushed him into beating you because people beat their children too?

(I don't support raising hands on a woman) (but I try to justify it happening) = I support raising hands on a woman
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by shineeye1: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Hurray, you can't stand the shame of calling off an ill-fated marriage abi? No worry nah. As you can't stand, just be ready to sit on a keg of gunpowder. When it blows(not if o) you will be forced to stand by force. Ok?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by mayeni(f): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Hi fam,
I'm almost certain you know what to do.
...because we actually REALLY ALWAYS KNOW, we just want to hold on thinking our partners will change and be better.

I'd say this though.
Whatever you tolerate now amplifies in marriage.
It never goes away.
It will likely get worse and become more toxic.
Your mental & physical health might also be affected because of the abuse.
No one should stay in a toxic relationship.

I had written a long epistle sharing my personal experience although it's not physical abuse, it's about dealing with emotional abuse and being with a covert narcissistic partner for about 4 years and 9 months, also on the brink of getting married, bought things and all that but I changed my mind and cleared it all.

I'd just say please don't do what will be detrimental to your mental and physical health.

It is better to wait long than to get it wrong.

There's also no shame in calling it off.
We called off mine too.
I'm still dealing with telling people it has been called off.
I still told people yesterday.

People will talk and keep quiet.
They shouldn't matter.
You should choose YOU first.
Your peace.
Your sanity.

I wish you all the best and I hope you make the right decision in the end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ladies! 7 Reasons Why You Should Sleep More Often With Your Husband / Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.