Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54571 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by obowunmi(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kisico:
Sorry, what did you just say?

You don’t see how the Nigerian society treats single women ?? Better to die a married woman than to be single, alive and healthy.

VIP express to heaven.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kkzy90(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
This op is clearly an idiot, you mentioned in your previous thread that he's a monster.
Now you are telling us you are supposedly getting married to the same monster in 3 weeks time.Are you not a Fool.
I hope you make it out alive eventually after the wedding.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Bankyshinani(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

So,why do you agree to get married to him in the first place? Why do u allow that a wedding date be chosen in the first place? Madam,you know all this and you allow people to start planning for the wedding when alot of people don spend money and people don already book alot of things down both ur family and his....madam you be sabotage o buh it is still better to call it off now o cos the 3weeks we turn to tomorrow soonest
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Blackdisciple(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pls don't waste money just all if off , but why did you accept his proposal na..?

Well you know what to do
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by madridsta007(m): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Why are you getting married then?
undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Chibuchris: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
no man wakes up and start beating someone u most have bad attitude he most have spent his life savings on you trained you did everything for you yet your ungrateful break up with him and pay up the money your owing him undecided fear woman with her emotional blackmail package

Yes, you might be right of her having a bad attitude.

But it doesn't justify laying your hands on some one you love.the best you can do is walk away. No be your pikin na person pikin she be.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Excel3298: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
You're about to trade your destiny and joy for the sake of what people will say, right!

Going into that marriage is one of the greatest crime anyone can ever commit...ooh, seems you don't understand abi.

Please, give yourself time. Stop this wedding before you put yourself in bondage. Let the right people help you.

If you take the bold step, all noises will die down in few months and you will be fine.

Please be happy.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by evil1: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
Please call it off for your sanity and mental health.

Forget what people would say. There is absolutely no shame in saying NO now than living in a marriage full of regrets and enduring pain.
Marriage ought to be a thing of love and enjoyment and not one to be lived alongside by pain and fear creating uneccessary future occurence like the most recent trend around (child paternity fraud).

Warrior14:

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by melexchi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Jokkarm2: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
remember the marriage is between you and your man not every other person. if you are still thinking of what people will say, you are not ready to be a mature person yet. make your choice, take your decision, no one feeds you, no one pay your bills, take your decision.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
Chibuchris:

Yes, you might be right of her having a bad attitude.

But it doesn't justify laying your hands on some one you love.the best you can do is walk away. No be your pikin na person pikin she be.
ladies has a way of pusheing men to the wall you may not know when you lose it all if she's not no man beats a lady without a reason and believe me woman will never believe the are wrong even when is of Real she's wrong and her scared of what people will say if she breaks up know is a bloody lie she knows herself better than everyone her attitude is the reason she's feeling that way, she want everyone here to fall for her emotional manipulation undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by notmywill: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Op run away.
Even if you are being forced by your parents, gather money and travel to a different part of the country and start a new life.
Many many women have died, are now dead and will continue to die because of abusive marriages .

How will you gather money? I don’t know but necessity is the mother of invention.

Behold girls and women, better have a skill, a job or qualifications that can help you survive anywhere before you get married.

Even Joseph and Mary had to run away with baby Jesus when Herod wanted to kill him.

E no start today .

Men too, do not force yourself into a marriage you would not be happy in. Do not allow a woman, pastor or parent emotionally blackmail you to marriage. Women abuse/kill too.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by ityP(m): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
wunmi590:

As a married man, one of the things I have always prayed for is never to raise my hand to beat the mother of my kid, who go through alot to bear me my kids (never will I do that)...

Please, that marriage is not for you, because marrying him would give him more leverage to beat you more at will, knowing fully well he has paid your bride price...

Not just my wife, any woman at all. Anything wey go make me think to beat my wife is strong enough to necessitate a divorce. I would gladly tour the lane of divorce than raise my hands on somebody's daughter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by seguno2: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Will you be able to stand the shame of divorce at a later time
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by gloriaa(f): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
You don't love yourself and that is very dangerous. You should learn to love yourself then you will be able to take the right decision . Remember if don't love your self you can't love anyone properly.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by opera1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

If this is true, don't let anyone force you to marry the man coz u will be left alone with the man later.
the man that is beaten you when you are not yet married to him what will now happen after the wedding??

If you harm yourself or you allow the man to kill you, he will marry another woman.

"A broken relationship is 100% better than a broken marriage"
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by wunmi590(m): 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
ityP:

Not just my wife, any woman at all. Anything wey go make me think to beat my wife is strong enough to necessitate a divorce. I would gladly tour the lane of divorce than raise my hands on somebody's daughter

You are a real man

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by quickly: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Na wa for
U o

Use ur common sense nau

Women and confusion

No come Dey cry
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by chineduuf: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Na wah o... In this 2021 people still dey compare one minute "shame" to a life long mental and physical trauma.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Layormiii(f): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
They are already legally married, check her diary. Nah just trad and church ceremony remain.
Sister, what have you gotten yourself into?

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
Don't enslave yourself. Happiness and peace of mind should be primary and non negotiable in marriage
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by tysamuel: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Okay.
It isn't a crime having a feeling after the harassment you reported to have suffered from this man. But, if you are going to be sincere with yourself, you can go ahead provided you will be pleased with the scars and ill-treatment awaiting such marriage. On the other hand, if you think this forthcoming marriage will bear children, run now and think of them. The world already have enough children who are victims of broken and hateful homes, you should add to that statistics anymore.

I trust you, reasonable and wise people will commend your courage and insight for cancelling the wedding now. Thats what shows your strength. Don't be selfish and stupid to continue.

Better life you have there, my sister!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ofadaman(m): 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
My aunt had the same thought on the eve of her wedding.
I told her to run away and cancel the wedding. I was only 15yrs then, she wouldn't take the words of a child, but her sisters told her it's too late.

Today she's married to a very lazy man, she's in the village now wth EIGHT kids, shes down with HPB unable to take care of her kids they're all in the village and some Livin with relatives.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by tegarocky(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
Why do you want to walk into a fire with your eyes wide open all in the name of what people will say? Any man/woman puts up his best character when dating. So if he beats you up now that you are still fresh and creamy, you can imagine what will happen to you after the cream is gone. Better move!!!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by ajutant(m): 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Is this is a scripted comedy or what?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by olawaley12(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=Warrior14 post=107031934]I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy

[/quote We've all come of age and we need to settle down but it dawned on me lately that marriage is a prison with no walls and cuffs but it can tie us down for life. Pls sis do the needful before it's too late be free pls]
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Salem92: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Call off the marriage now. The earlier the better!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by alexvic12: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
I beg you in God's name to cancel the wedding. You said that you earn a comfortable salary. Please, cancel and save your life.

That man will kill or maim you one day and move on. Please.

Don't choose a sad death over the "shame" of ending a relationship shortly before marriage. Explain to your parents, pastor, traditional leaders, or whoever is in charge.

Please, I beg you. Please.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Born2Breed(f): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
One word for you babe....WALK!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by superCleanworks(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless & bla bla bla bla bla

Simply say you hav found another option instead of coming here to give bad names to gather sympathy like women do when they want to leave a man they cook every story imaginable.

You did not know alll these till you accepted to marry him plus all the travel, stress & expenses that come with marriage preparation. And you are here saying he does not have a mind of his own.

You are the true definition of evil. You let it get this far just to waste his time and you think he will smile for you. We can now see why he beat you up. Your next man will still beat you like mad with this your demonic and unstable head.

Please abandon the wedding plans immediately and brace yourself for what comes next.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by graceapadija: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
It's better to be single and be alive, than to be married and died, your options of trying to continue with the wedding preparations remain best to you, but I pray God help you in your decision, and I pray you never regretted getting married, do you even know God is against divorce? So why not have a rethink of your decision dear. I wish you all the best
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by AkaraAndBread: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Acidosis:
I pity you. You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding? I hope you will be able to stand the 'shame' and pain of divorce after 3 kids?

All your threads so far on Nairaland are about this same monster that wants to kill you, yet you decided to plan your future with him. What do we call this now? Zero/dead self-esteem? Desperation? Abi na strong d**k wan make you sign your death certificate?

On behalf of all Nairalanders, we confer you with this award...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / Victor Ayorinde Missing: Who Has Seen Him? / Ladies! 7 Reasons Why You Should Sleep More Often With Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.