Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,631 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54529 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by cooooooks(m): 1:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Somebody beats you once, I can understand if you (foolishly in my opinion) give a second chance.

But noooo, the guy has beat you at least twice, you are unhappy, yet you are getting married??

Make sure you do court marriage first since you (foolishly) want to play with your life.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by signature2012(m): 1:10am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

If you love yourself,don’t marry that man.
If you are scared of calling it off,drop his number let’s call him to not proceed with the marriage.
Don’t you have family members to talk to?
Are you pregnant?Even if so,is better you stay single and take care of your kid than living under same roof with a monster.

Below are some reasons why ladies stay with an abusive man is ;
1.You don’t make your own money.He uses that to maltreat you because you depend on him for everything.

2.Societal thinking.People are talking about you not married yet.You want to satisfy them and dissatisfy yourself.

3.Peer pressure.You feel all your mates are married and you ain’t yet.

4.Stupid love.When you love with your head and not your brain.

5.Fear of the unknown.In your mind,you feel like there might not be better man out there if you leave the present animalistic cretin you are dating which is not true.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by NtiObaEneke(f): 1:31am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Read my signature, in case you are secretly hoping he will 'change'.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by JohnOkolo: 3:34am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You're getting married to a man who have no mind of his own cause clearly you don't have a mind of your own also.

It's funny how our choice of life partner shows how much of a hypocrite or reasonable we truly are.

Well birds of same feather flock together, excuses is the only thing that is seen surrounding a foolish person and regrets for their dumb ass decisions.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by socialmediaman: 3:40am On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided Did you read her OP at all? undecided
Shame is her reason for not calling it quits with her alleged Panelbeater of a man! undecided

I see. My bad.

OP you just stated the problem, you're in an abusive relationship, but what do you want? Can you be specific? If you're already thinking about divorce then cancel the wedding, its easier to cancel a wedding than divorce, you won't be the first or the last who canceled, you won’t carry a divorcée tag and you won’t be signing documents. It’s also the right thing to do considering your state of mind. I hope you find help
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Atk1nson(m): 4:21am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Its easier breaking courtship than marriage. Even in divorce, there will be attention focused on you guys. So why not pay the price now that there is little joining you guys
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Atk1nson(m): 4:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Then again all your threads on nairaland have been on how unhappy you are in the relationship, why did you continue this far? Any insurmountable challenge with just walking away?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Richy4(m): 4:57am On Oct 25, 2021
Just go ahead with the marriage... MRS is a big achievement..All your mates were already in their husbands houses... U will change him... If u can't, whenever he beats U, he Will be begging U with expensive gift... He did not beat u because he hated u, it's just to correct u dear..

Remember,he loves you and will not kill u intentionally.. it's just ordinary love beating...Go ahead dear it is well...Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Styluss: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

dear op
How old are you
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by 22o62021: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2021
I won’t pity you

When you see a good guy

You take him for granted

Christy did same to me

She went back to her Abusive boyfriend
I had to move on with my life
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by mrblessed(m): 7:30am On Oct 25, 2021
22o62021:
I won’t pity you

When you see a good guy

You take him for granted

Christy did same to me

She went back to her Abusive boyfriend
I had to move on with my life
Oga, please kindly complete your story. Did you beating stopped? Did the abusive boyfriend changed? You seem to be in love with this Christy.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by 22o62021: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2021
mrblessed:
Oga, please kindly complete your story. Did you beating stopped? Did the abusive boyfriend changed? You seem to be in love with this Christy.

I will create a topic on it and tag you

I have been wanting to create it but I hate when people call my topics lies

Christy do me sha

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by dfrost: 7:37am On Oct 25, 2021
sisisioge:
Chai....cc dfrost. Women should just marry anyone offering them the opportunity to become a Mrs....it is well.

OP....you can still say no....you arent married yet.

Wetin I commit for your hand na... cheesy
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ktosin753: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2021
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ktosin753: 7:43am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I have decided to stop pitying women like you that have refused to have sense.
If you die, the same society you are trying to impress will shame you for staying.
Since you have decided to go ahead and marry the beast, My only advice for you is;
Please go on family planning or remove your womb.
Don't bring innocent children to this world to suffer.
We have enough Motherless children who are suffering already.
Don't add yours to the statistics.
All the best in your marriage.
Don't forget to buy Shea butter so it can conceal the beatings from showing on your skin.
Pls buy plenty foundation to cover the marks on your face.
Many more years of tears.
Goodluck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by frozen70(f): 8:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Since you have seen the red light that signifys danger and you have the courage to go on with it, you have automatically signed your own warrant

It's obvious you are getting married to fulfill all righteousness, not that it's from your heart

I won't advise you to walk away since you can't advise yourself

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Hathor5(f): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Really? Na you go be the person wey she go turn around to blame for ending her 'dream' love affair with a man who is the love of her life? grin

grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MufasaLion: 8:57am On Oct 25, 2021
WALK AWAY!!!

Many of y'all victims always seem to like abusive partners and still go ahead into marrying them.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Shemmyglo(f): 9:01am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Please just form sick and make sure you are admitted in an hospital around that period.

Please and please don't marry that man. For you not to be comfortable with it now, definitely it would be dangerous.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2021
Lalasticlala, justwise, Ishilove, dragnet pls move to FP perhaps her family members she is scared to tell would come accross her post and help her call it off.

This is her previous post in February and she seems lost and confused.

https://www.nairaland.com/6409679/domestic-violence-survivor

Her diary aslo looks very scary.
https://www.nairaland.com/6818672/it-what-it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Misterone: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

it is better to be late than be the late. also, even if your marriage is for one-day you will be regarded as once married. so think twice. call it off if you can't stay in it.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by bukatyne(f): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Congratulations!

If you are going to be married in the Church, just note that you cannot leave the marriage because that would be mockery of sanctity of Biblical marriage.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Gloriagee(f): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2021
Youre already married, see if you can get it anulled cos if youre scared of what people will say if you skip the wedding, trust me, its gonna be way more worse if you become a divorcee. Dont marry this guy if hes this bad before marriage, it can only get worse after being confined in the same space. Recall that cases of domestic abuse rose across the globe during the covid lockdown.

Something else, Im really scared is the propensity of the female gender to SNAP. Women may tolerate bull for a while but the day they snap, its usually horrible. Wont want u to snap one day and kill this terrorist you intend to marry or self defending yourself during a physical tussle and its your word against a dead body.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by jimmychang: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce

grin grin grin grin grin.....I dey wait for front page nothing concern me now grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by 9japride(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2021
What you should under in life, is that an adult can never change. Its up to you if you can cope with his attitude, if so then go ahead. These days is not even good to put mouth in marriage matter, because at the end the advisers might then made to be the fool. Every adult knows the right things to do.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2021
Which kind thing be this? How could you even accept such partner's proposal. I doubt he put gun at your forehead while proposing. Anyway, it's never too late to go back now. Even your parents won't wish you go into marriage with a wife-beater unless they know nothing about this.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by GboyegaD(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2021
Why add to your pain? Those you are trying to please care less about your existence. Don't kill yourself with hypertension because you want to please the society.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Chummynoni(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2021
Madam, do you wanna hear the truth? It wouldnt get better, it would only get worse. Even if your wedding is tomorrow, and you feel somehow against it in your heart, cut it off madam. LOVE is not enough in marriage. If he could slap you when dating, he would beat you with pestle when married. Have a rethink, because a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Don't be pressured into settling down with a monster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Hdhdhd(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2021
Quit the marriage before you lose your life.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by merits(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=Warrior14 post=107031934]I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this shocked
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by jericco1(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2021
The good part of this whole thing is that you're not yet married to him, so the odds are in your favour should you decide to back out.

Because it won't work out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price) / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.