Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse (53566 Views)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I was listening to the radio and the discussion is on this.

Story1: naija man in US had argument with the wife n she called police that he wants to kill her. Police came, arrested him n after releasing him, asked him to stay away from his wife for 30days. He was staying with his guy, but on the 25th day, the wife called and begged him to return home that she have realized her mistakes. He went and they were discussing when police knocked at the door, she asked him to go n hide in the room. Police asked the wife if he has come home, she said no and the police requested a search, he was found in the toilet. You know the rest of the story

Story2
Oga took his wife to US for holiday and she absconded because she do not want to return to Naija

Story3
A man took his wife to the UK, the wife framed him up, he was arrested. Then the wife filed for asylum, reason that if she return to Nigeria, her inlaws will kill her. Luckily for the man the police knew her plans and sent them both to Nigeria. The man then divorced her

Other stories like men doing house chores etc

With all these stories, a matured mind is needed to confirm and advise

for the first story.
the wife deliberately set the man up. she called the cops before the man arrived and this warrant them to search the house.. thereby it wont be that she let the man go if it wasnt by law.. in the prison, the man will realised the truth and that is the end of the marriage..

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by stayclearofme: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

Bro, please what is the meaning of parole
Ask Google sir and get back to me. Parole has no relationship here, if it does like I said get back to me.
Between read the comment above mine.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Aaronsrod: 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
Incandescent:

You'd be caught and heavily disgraced.

Nothing is wrong.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ziondaughter247: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nairaland boys, get a life! Always looking for every avenue to bash women. Even those that have no hope of ever travelling to Cotonou in this life will come here and spill trash! So many women file for their husbands to join them abroad, so no biggy!
Abroad no be Nigeria, anybdy wey do anyhow go see anyhow! That is how a sane society works. All the rubbish you would get away with in a disorganized corrupt society like Nigeria, you can't try it over there in civilised society. With the way many of you behave here, don't dare step your dirty feet abroad, because you will surely end up in jail! Lazy entitled corrupt Nigerian men. No one get una time for abroad. That's why most of you are in prison or homeless when abroad..shioor

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by samonak(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Maski87:
No regrets for me,I was a banker before I fled Nigeria to UK things were really hard for me us and our 4 children until my wife started sleeping with this big yoruba man that she was cleaning his house,now na serious enjoyment we dey do,my friends are now saying the didn't know that we have money
Your death no far again oh! and shame no catch u to say u de enjoy ur wife money wey she get as proceeds of adultery. SMH

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Hypnotise: 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
When some Naija ladies reach abroad, they start acting up, following the feminism way. It’s because they suddenly have access to higher income so they feel invincible. Na white omo sure pass.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by weljewel: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
Praise God
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by KarinaLove(f): 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
After being wicked to your spouse, making her sad daily, cheating on her and making her feel worthless because she married you.

This is because in Africa you use "the African Man" stupid mentality, you now think she will forget all these bad treatments you were giving her back in Nigeria the moment she finds herself in a Country that favors women to an extent. I laugh in Russian. You are in for it.

I watched a video of how a Nigerian Nurse based in USA dealt with her so called Spouse and called the police on him.

Who knows, maybe the man was a monster to her when they were both in Nigeria.

Revenge is a Sweet Bitch darling. The Dice is still rolling.

Sometimes I pity women and what they go through in Nigeria all in the name of Marriage. I see them and I shed tears. Most Men carry this stupid mentality abroad with the mind of melting such to them over there. What you don't know is Women can endure. You think they will forget? I laugh grin

If I'm married to any of those Nigerian men ehn and you try all those nonsense you do in Nigeria in this new land (Abroad), I will make sure you understand the true meaning of the saying..."HELL HAS NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED"angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by zinaunreal(m): 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
ednut1:
like i said only few people do this. Be like guilty conscience dey worry you lol. Have you beat madam before in Nigeria Have you treated her with disdainhave you prevented her growth career wise. My own uncle wey sponsored his wife to uk for masters was deported 2 years after he came to join her. For 10 years he has not seen his kids. The wife got free house from government and other benefits. He bleeped up tho because he beat his wife.

Guy you keep saying just a few people do this to their wives thats a big lie
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by SIRTee15: 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
Differentiate:

But why is it only Nigerians.?
Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones without any palava of he brought me in and he's demanding for the money I work for .
Honestly black races is a very special being. Everything about us is disorganized.

Indian women too dey change am for their men, especially if him no hold correct pepper and wants to be trying all those indian culture bullshit.
Pakistani women and women from strong Islamic culture have been intimidated to submission tru fear and sometimes violence. They sometimes get killed by the men if they become too troublesome.
Chinese women hold their own end tight within the family setting. Beside Chinese men are not too domineering.
Latino women don't take bull.shit from their men and they could be violent except for the ones with strong catholic background.
Don't kid yourself bro, here if u treat women like in naija...u simply asking for what's coming to u.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by BarrElChapo(m): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

Bro, please what is the meaning of parole

When a convicted person is released earlier than the he/she should be incarcerated usually with terms.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Asour: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
ednut1:
For every bad news there are more than 1000 married people enjoying their marriages abroad. Both men and women do all sort of rubbish abroad.
1. No house maid abroad, yet you allow your wife to work and do all chores alone. Some even demand for fresh food. Wont she divorce you after

2. Some men have been beating the wife from Nigeria, the day you slap her here she called police. Is it not justified

3. You cheat without shame, she con do you strong thing. Is she not justified

4. Some bring women abroad and tell her to use your account as salary account. Then you give her a fraction of her own salary o.

The law favours women too because for centuries men have had the advantage. The system corrupts them too, they hear things, see things at work places and lawyers working on commission bases plenty. A woman is entitled to your house after divorce especially if kids are involved, na you go leave. Child support and alimony too dey. Who no like free benefits

Abeg i don tire for man and woman matter hahaha

Nice points. However, my 2 cents.

What's cheating shamefully as against cheating at all?

Secondly, when people say men have had advantages for centuries, do they realize that those men are dead? The women who are now enjoying the compensations too didn't suffer during those centuries. Different peoples suffering & rewarded!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by armyofone(m): 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
grin grin
ednut1:
For every bad news there are more than 1000 married people enjoying their marriages abroad. Both men and women do all sort of rubbish abroad.
1. No house maid abroad, yet you allow your wife to work and do all chores alone. Some even demand for fresh food. Wont she divorce you after

2. Some men have been beating the wife from Nigeria, the day you slap her here she called police. Is it not justified

3. You cheat without shame, she con do you strong thing. Is she not justified

4. Some bring women abroad and tell her to use your account as salary account. Then you give her a fraction of her own salary o.

The law favours women too because for centuries men have had the advantage. The system corrupts them too, they hear things, see things at work places and lawyers working on commission bases plenty. A woman is entitled to your house after divorce especially if kids are involved, na you go leave. Child support and alimony too dey. Who no like free benefits

Abeg i don tire for man and woman matter hahaha
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
Differentiate:

Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones without any palava of he brought me in and he's demanding for the money I work for .
Honestly black races is a very special being. Everything about us is disorganized.

Asian get their own is because you dont know..

India despite the fact women pay bride price do u know most of their husbands r simps..

Their laws favour women... if their wife catch them cheating and divorce... they pay heavy fine... Secondly in the world they r number 1 chronic masturbators because they no dey see women bleep cos of their yeye laws... making them mentally imbalance

Though d divorce rate is on d rise there... major reason... unsatisfied in marriage *
*Sex related*... so no be only Nigeria... Every Continent get e own!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ednut1(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
Asour:

Nice points. However, my 2 cents.

What's cheating shamefully as against cheating at all?

Secondly, when people say men have had advantages for centuries, do they realize that those men are dead? The women who are now enjoying the compensations too didn't suffer during those centuries. Different peoples suffering & rewarded!
in Nigeria you can chase your wife out and nothing will happen, you go cheat on her , her parents will tell her to stay etc

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by GboyegaD(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
No regret whatsoever and we have lived in two countries so far. We both support each other's dreams.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ednut1(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
Curiouscity:

When you paint this type of picture, it gives a false generalization that any man whose wife has driven him away from home is guilty of domestic violence, or cheated or refused to help in house chores. There abound many who are not in above category, but are treated worse.
True, many marriages of Nigerians are doing well in the Western world, but some greedy Nigerian women are taking advantage of the system to show the bad side. Not as a response to bad treatment, but out of greed and sheer wickedness.

A Warri guy got married to a Warri babe. They guy supported the babe to finish her PhD, while he developed a bakery business. The lady joined him in the business after her PhD. As they were expanding, the lady demanded that the guy give her the recipe, so he can share with her family back home. The guy refused. Trouble started. As I type, she has taken the bakery and ejected the guy. Bar the guy from seeing the 2 kids they have together. The guy left empty handed. But she is busy telling people that the guy left her.

I have other sad examples of sheer greed and wickedness. Not in all cases is it always the man's fault.
i was neutral. There are evil men and women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by armyofone(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Differentiate:

They are not different just that the ones you mentioned know and obeyed the laws of their adopted country. Some of the men still behave the same way as your African men - beat their wives.

African men sabi sabi i know pass you competition with their women too much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by armyofone(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
GboyegaD:
No regret whatsoever and we have lived in two countries so far. We both support each other's dreams.

True - no me, myself and I attitude.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Ccss: 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
Yes
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by armyofone(m): 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Disorganisation is our downfall every time.

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

It is fried onion rings, bacon and chips.

Her name is Brenda.

Oh goodness! Ummm
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Maski87: 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
samonak:

Your death no far again oh! and shame no catch u to say u de enjoy ur wife money wey she get as proceeds of adultery. SMH
Bros things never hard for you,if you know the kin hardship in London with 4 children, you will understand that money is money

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
But is it OK to get back at your man because you are now in a country that protect women? Why not give him another chance
if he could not repent in nigeria he won't repent abroad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
Aaronsrod:

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

Her name is Brenda.
you killed her?!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by madjune(m): 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
A lot is wrong with we Africans, more especially Nigerians.
It may have to do with upbringing or long running poverty.
Most of the times, our women who were rescued and brought over abroad tend to bite the hand that helped them.
There are lots of stories, unheard, which will shock any listener.
I know of an Uncle who sent his wife and kids abroad, to join them later. From Nigeria, he paid their rent in US for 10 years or more and when he eventually joined them; the woman said she was done.
She kicked him out and now, the man is picking up a new life well in his 60s.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by NEROSKY(m): 11:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
Incandescent:

You'd be caught and heavily disgraced.

Story
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by NEROSKY(m): 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
abbey621:
In this life everything na 50% planning 50% blessing. I no date my wife for up to 6 months before I decided to marry her. Brought her to the USA and aside from the normal arguments between couples, no wahala whatsoever, it's been over 5 years now. The greatest advice here is to ask yourself, who does the woman fear or respect? Look at her upbringing, her religious inclination, her views on life and family.

It's quite simple, any woman can mess up for any reason, it is a combination of hormones and nature, the key here is what exactly pulls her back to normalcy? Her parents? God? Love for her kids? Love for her husband? If her motivation is money, clout, fame etc, sooner or later the little love that she has for you would poof and disappear, she would find every reason to leave or destroy you from 30 seconds man to woman beater. Abroad no be 9ja where gra gra works, over here you must operate in stealth mode, never ever put all your eggs in one basket. Even tho you love your wife with all your heart, always have savings/assets set aside for the worst case scenario.....May God help us all!

Baba you get sense.. Save up to $100,000 buy coin forget the login, if she ask you say dem scam u, case closed.

14 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by NEROSKY(m): 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
Amanda4life:
SOME MEN THINK YHRY CAN CONTINUE TO LIVE THE USELESS LIFE THEY LIVE IN NIGERIA.

MARRIAGE OF INTIMIDATION

IF WE REACH THERE, YOU DO THE NIAJA RUBISH.

I GO CHANGE AM FOR YOU, SHARP SHARP

WHEN. YOU ARE CHANGING WOMEN LIKE RAPPER IN NIGERIA, HAVING YOUR ZIG ZAG MOVEMENTS, AND NIGHT CRAWLING BECAUSE OF NIGHT CLUBBING IN NAIJA AND I KEEP QUITE
THEN U THINK YOU CAN BRING THE HELL SHIT TO ABROAD AND CONTINUE TO LIVE SAME LIFE.

OMO, I GO TREAT YOUR Bleep WELL WELL, RENT THE HOUSE OUT AND CHANGE LOCATION SHARP SHARP

Nobody go take u abroad in Jesus name, amen!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by cho25bc(f): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Her name is Brenda.

You killed your wife or what did i just read? shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I was listening to the radio and the discussion is on this.

Story1: naija man in US had argument with the wife n she called police that he wants to kill her. Police came, arrested him n after releasing him, asked him to stay away from his wife for 30days. He was staying with his guy, but on the 25th day, the wife called and begged him to return home that she have realized her mistakes. He went and they were discussing when police knocked at the door, she asked him to go n hide in the room. Police asked the wife if he has come home, she said no and the police requested a search, he was found in the toilet. You know the rest of the story

Story2
Oga took his wife to US for holiday and she absconded because she do not want to return to Naija

Story3
A man took his wife to the UK, the wife framed him up, he was arrested. Then the wife filed for asylum, reason that if she return to Nigeria, her inlaws will kill her. Luckily for the man the police knew her plans and sent them both to Nigeria. The man then divorced her

Other stories like men doing house chores etc

With all these stories, a matured mind is needed to confirm and advise
i had a friends this thing you mentioned happened to i seriously advice guys coming over her never bring your wife along never bring your wife here if you do not trust her because she will mess you so badly that you may think of killing yourself or her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by NEROSKY(m): 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
KarinaLove:
After being wicked to your spouse, making her sad daily, cheating on her and making her feel worthless because she married you.

This is because in Africa you use "the African Man" stupid mentality, you now think she will forget all these bad treatments you were giving her back in Nigeria the moment she finds herself in a Country that favors women to an extent. I laugh in Russian. You are in for it.

I watched a video of how a Nigerian Nurse based in USA dealt with her so called Spouse and called the police on him.

Who knows, maybe the man was a monster to her when they were both in Nigeria.

Revenge is a Sweet Bitch darling. The Dice is still rolling.

Sometimes I pity women and what they go through in Nigeria all in the name of Marriage. I see them and I shed tears. Most Men carry this stupid mentality abroad with the mind of melting such to them over there. What you don't know is Women can endure. You think they will forget? I laugh grin

If I'm married to any of those Nigerian men ehn and you try all those nonsense you do in Nigeria in this new land (Abroad), I will make sure you understand the true meaning of the saying..."HELL HAS NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED"angry

Marriage is not by force auntie, tell ur gender to say no whenever they propose to them.. They should only engage in relationship for sex.. Its as simple as abc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Aaronsrod: 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
cho25bc:

You killed your wife or what did i just read? shocked

Like all women you read what you wanted to read.

She is no longer here.

It is well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Convoy Of Borno King Heading To Kaduna For Durbar Involved In Accident (Graphic) / Taxify Driver's 8 Rules For Ladies Before Entering His Car (Photo) / Streetlight Pole At Pansheke In Abeokuta Ogun: A Disaster Waiting To Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.