Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? (11418 Views)

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board / Cold War Still Rages Between South-South Governors, Godfathers / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
why didn't you develop your region,if you contribute to Lagos!

I don't have any argument with you because you don't even know where you stand in your submissions

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:

No mind them.
How can someone even compare somewhere in Owerri to south west? When this view literally looks like Abuja?
Or this from Anambra

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Christistruth00: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:
This question was thrown open in an argument. I wasn't in a haste to give my answer.

Sincerely, I want to know between SouthEast(Igbo) and SouthWest(Yoruba) which region got more cities and livable towns.

Please, if your plan is to derail this thread or give it ethnic colouration, don't bother commenting. Thanks!!!

In all humility

The British Governor General once wrote a Letter

“ Of the 11 biggest Towns in Nigeria 10 are in Yorubaland”

Kano was the only exception !

8 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
Oguta, Imo state is an urban area.
When we ask you guys to show us your own pictures, you will start saying Southwest is big grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

Or this from Anambra

Ya
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Southwest has more cities but Southeast is more densely populated. Yorubas were already living in concentrated urban centers before colonization whereas most cities in Igboland were created by Europeans.

6 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:
Oguta, Imo state is an urban area.
When we ask you guys to show us your own pictures, you will start saying Southwest is big grin
Oguta looks like all those suburbs of East African capitals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Abagworo:
Southwest has more cities but Southeast is more densely populated. Yorubas were already living in concentrated urban centers before colonization whereas most cities in Igboland were created by Europeans.
I don't think so.
SW might have more slums than SE not cities.

What you call Villages in SE is what they call Cities in SW except that the Villages in SE has more modern Houses than the cities in SW.

I am talking from what I saw with my two eyes not media propaganda.
As for the mythical creation. Which city did the Europeans create in Igboland? Apart from the role they played in Enugu as a regional Capital where else?

Is it Onitsha, Nnewi, Nkpor, Obosi, Awka etc that we are still watching as they are transforming into modern cities?
Or are we in Anambra for example "Europeans?"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

I don't think so.
SW might have more slums than SE not cities.

What you call Villages in SE is what they call Cities in SW except that the Villages in SE has more modern Houses than the cities in SW.

I am talking from what I saw with my two eyes not media propaganda.

I can't agree less. Take for example; Irette, orogwe, mgbirichi etc in imo state are already built up and the level of urbanization is even more than what southwest term urbanization

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:

I can't agree less. Take for example; Irette, orogwe, mgbirichi etc in imo state are already built up and the level of urbanization is even more than what southwest term urbanization
Exactly.
The only difference is that we call ours "Village" while they call theirs that is not up to our standard "cities"

Take for Example Obi Cubana's hometown Oba.
Obi Cubana going back there for the funeral was termed "Obi Cubana going to his VILLAGE to bury his mother" but mind youx that Oba has:

1.) One private University
2.) 6 Private hospitals with one Teaching Hospital
3.) 6 Estates and more under construction
4.) One tourist village (Rojenny) and Stadium
5.) Many production Companies (she even hosted the first Indigenous tooth pick manufacturing plant years ago)
6.) 3 Night Clubs and two currently under construction
7.) A shopping Mall (Nigerian standard)
8.) More than 10 hotels with a Four star Nellys Hotel and another under construction
9.) Their own Market and two (under construction, though used at the same time) business districts and One international Market "Alaba International Market Oba"

With all these, the people especially those from there and around still call Oba "a Village"
Its an Igbo thing but I pray one day we change that mentality.

Tell me, from what I listed, how many of the so called Cities in SW can boast of it but some of us still call Oba "a village"
cc Abagworo and Amotolongbo

This is about Oba. I haven't talked about Obosi, Ogidi, Nkpor etc that many still don't give their rightful respect

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

Exactly.
The only difference is that we call ours "Village" while they call theirs that is not up to our standard "cities"

Take for Example Obi Cubanas Town Oba.
Obi Cubana going back there for the funeral was termed "Obi Cubana going to his VILLAGE to buru his mother" but mind you that Oba has
1.) One private University
2.) 6 Private hospitals with one Teaching Hospital
3.) 6 Estates and more under construction
4.) One tourist village (Rojenny) and Stadium
5.) Many production Companies (she even hosted the first Indigenous tooth pick manufacturing plant years ago)
6.) 3 Night Clubs and two currently under construction
7.) A shopping Mall (Nigerian standard)
8.) More than 10 hotels with a Four star Nellys Hotel and another under construction
9.) Their own Market and two (under construction) though used at the same time business districts and One international Market "Alaba International Market Oba"

With all these, the people especially those from there and around still call Oba a "Village"
Its an Igbo thing but I pray one day we change that mentality.

Tell me, from what I listed, how many of the so called Cities in SW can boast of it but some of us call Oba a village.
cc Abagworo and Amotolongbo

I guess this would end the thread for the day. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ANSMEDIA: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Apart from Lagos no SW city can compete with Onitsha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ANSMEDIA: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Well laid out planned industrial complexes in Onitsha. No SW city can compete with this city aside Lagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by SweetiliciousD: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Praxis758:

Your mention of urban centres in South West states is Incomplete:

Ogun: Shagamu, Ikene, ilaro, otta, Sango, Ago Iwoye, Ijebu-Igbo, Ikenne.

Ondo: Ore, Ikare-Akoko, Okitipupa, Ileoluji.

Osun: Ede, Ikirun, Ila-Orangun, Iwo

Oyo: Saki, Iseyin,

Without sounding sarcastic, All I am seeing here, cos I've traversed these "cities ", are brown roof ancient cities.

Are we talking about liveable and modern cities or caves here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ANSMEDIA: 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
No SW city can compete with Awka aside Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ANSMEDIA: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
Apart from MMIA no airport in SW can compete with Anambra international airport

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Mr man. Am a full born biafran. I only picked one of the cities you mentioned..

Our leaders in the east ain't doing any thing. By now nnewi should be bubbling, Onitsha fully hot. No dey mumu yourself oga
Well it is obvious you neither know Onitsha nor Nnewi.
There is no where in SW (absolutely no place) apart from some parts of Lagos that can boldly think of measuring shoulders with either of the two places you mentioned.

BTW, look up here you'll see ANSMEDIA updating you people with recent pictures.
Anambra as a whole is currently NOBODY'S MATE in Nigeria.
I said Nobody. So no preferences

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by SweetiliciousD: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
All hail Biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ANSMEDIA: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
No international convention centre in the SW can compete with the ongoing Awka international convention centre

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
grin
ANSMEDIA:
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by seniorkachion(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Southwest is far more urbanised than the South East..

The question of urbanisation isn’t a claim of superiority of one zone over the other.
Ndigbo are known to be more attached to their villages.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Anambra - Awka, Nnewi & Onitsha
Ebonyi - Abakaliki & Afikpo
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ekiti - Ado Ekiti, Ikere Ekiti
Ogun- Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Ota
Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo
Osun- Osogbo, Ife, Ilesha
Oyo- Ibadan, Ogbomoso, Oyo,

Abia- Aba, Umuahia, Ohafia
Imo- Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Gaabasky: 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
See the lazy youths. I wonder wetin bring city comes out again
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Bimpe29: 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Southwest is far more urbanised than the South East..

The question of urbanisation isn’t a claim of superiority of one zone over the other.
Ndigbo are known to be more attached to their villages.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Anambra - Awka, Nnewi & Onitsha
Ebonyi - Abakaliki & Afikpo
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ekiti - Ado Ekiti, Ikere Ekiti
Ogun- Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Ota
Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo
Osun- Osogbo, Ife, Ilesha
Oyo- Ibadan, Ogbomoso, Oyo,

Spot on. Meanwhile, Lagos is excluded from the above analysis.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
Apart from MMIA no airport in SW can compete with Anambra international airport

Igbo nation would have been the most developed in Africa. That's a fact people find hard to admit.
Just allow all international flights into obosi or okigwe for just one year, you will understand what I mean

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Xbolmax: 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
One thing I noticed about Igbos on this forum is that they make some shitty comparison when they are not up to you grin grin grin
This is just simply JEALOUSY....
YES! JEALOUSY

Ever since I joined this forum Igbos are the most noisy tribe with shitty brain. Making unnecessary comparison
Jumping on every tribes to bring in shitty talks.

They brings in stupid argument and and back it ups with lies
Y'all will soon go back to una cave.

Yes. I'm Yoruba
Na jealousy go kill una Igbo

5 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by DCmonster: 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Outside South West
No one knows ikere ekiti, owo, ondo town , Oyo town even Ado ekiti to an extent

And you even forgot okigwe in IMO,
Let's even forget Abiriba (ohafia)
Go to the northern part of the country, many folks don't even know ogbomoso, ijebu ode,ilesha and Ado ekiti
so ikere and owo are cities? Lmao. Please don't mind that fool.

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by AlPeter: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Yo weu all are full of sh1t. What is in the west outside Lagos? What is in the North outside Abuja?

What can you find in Kano or Oyo that you want find in Anambra?

What is in Ondo or Ogun that you won't find in Imo or Abia? Forget about those industries in Agbara and Ota, they are part of greater Lagos.

Igbos travel far and wide to do business since they naturally do better in it than most others and not because those places are necessarily more developed.

Gosh, most of you are so deluded and ignorant!

This statement confirms the level of your ignorance. Asking what is in the north except Abuja?
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:
This question was thrown open in an argument. I wasn't in a haste to give my answer.

Sincerely, I want to know between SouthEast(Igbo) and SouthWest(Yoruba) which region got more cities and livable towns.

Please, if your plan is to derail this thread or give it ethnic colouration, don't bother commenting. Thanks!!!
Please we should stop all this ethnic posts... every time Igbo vs Yoruba haba!! what is your gain on this matter?

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Horllamideh(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sammy07:

Until you divide Oyo state into 5 states then we can come and follow ur argument
SE is a few km bigger than Oyo state.

How do u expect a state (OYO) that has 5 states within (SE) to develop massively than SE?

I love this argument. One was telling me how their side is more developed, why won't it be more developed considering you have nothing less than 20 million people to develop 5 states with landmass that's only a few hundred kilometers more than Oyo state. Whereas Oyo State has about 9 million people. Common sense is not common my brother.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Horllamideh:

I love this argument. One was telling me how their side is more developed, why won't it be more developed considering you have nothing less than 20 million people to develop 5 states with landmass that's only a few hundred kilometers more than Oyo state. Whereas Oyo State has about 9 million people. Common sense is not common my brother.
And of all the humongous twenty countries in one SW, it is only tiny Lagos that can talk when SE is talking

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by waldigit: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

In 1960 yes, but now hell no!
Lagos is not synonymous with SW. Talking about urbanization, no region has urbanized faster than Igboland in contemporary times. Many Yorubas prefer living in their rural areas unlike Igbos that like migrating to cities. So stop saying what you don't know!

The Yoruba of Western Nigeria have large, dense, permanent settlements, based upon farming rather than upon industrialization, the pattern of which is traditional rather than an outgrowth of acculturation. They are undoubtedly the most urban of all African peoples,
https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/221604?journalCode=ajs#

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naira Notes Scarcity: Lagos Police Command Warn Mischief Makers / Ghana President Nana Akure-Ado congratulates President-Elect Bola Tinubu / "Enjoyment Allowance" To Senators, Part Of Running Cost - NASS Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.