Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39620 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ezpee: 7:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Oga , go and pay your debt

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Haakeem(m): 7:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Stevyne:
So you no later pay the loan? grin
so if it was u,u would still pay bha?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by EmekaBlue(m): 7:20am On Nov 05, 2021
Castleprof:
People take loans from these apps because they are desperate to solve urgent needs only to discover they have signed agreements with the devil. Where in this world do you give a salary earner loan to pay back in 7 days.
Truth is they operate outside the lending regulations of Nigeria. A lender is supposed to consider the income source and timing of the borrower. No bank is allowed to take monthly repayment that is more than 40% of your monthly salary except in some cases. These loan apps with the exception of few are just cashing out on Nigerians because we care too much. They threaten to publish ur name on the media which they CAN NEVER TRY. Send the police after you on top 10k?. Its high time they close up and go. They are fraudsters themselves.
I'm with you on this 100%
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by skuribeebo: 7:20am On Nov 05, 2021
This man useless. Pay ur dept oga.
U use this money to solve ur problem as at that period.
Then return the money with the agreed interest.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by priestcharm(m): 7:20am On Nov 05, 2021
This your behaviour is same reason even your friends won't lend you any money. You didn't fulfil your part of the agreement. Is there any point in the agreement that states you should be given certain grace period?
You see why this country is messed up? So if they loan lots of people money that amounts to over 5million naira and they refused to pay as when due, how do you want them to remain in business?

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Soffyh(m): 7:20am On Nov 05, 2021
U have faults and they have faults, ur faults is agreeing and not fulfilled,them faults is ,it’s not even up to 3weeks they have started blackmailing u,before they can start blackmail u on contacts, at least after a month, main reasons people goes to apps loan is to keep their secret of been broke, but u started blackmailing not less than a week u don’t need to blackmailing someone u got his bvn details
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Lamasta(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2021
Go and pay that which you owe OP

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent

Typical Nigerian with zero integrity. Why borrow with no plan to repay. You are wrecking another man's business. One day you'll open a business and wonder why things are going South.

If that Loan company have 50 clients defaulting on their payment, they'll be out of business, but like the average Nigerian that you are, you don't care as long as you find sleep at night.

The Lord judge you.

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by tunjidare2(m): 7:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Your case is funny though

I downloaded one of the apps to gain more experience because I am currently learning UI/UX designs online, I signed up but when they requested for my card details I ignored but I think my mistake was leaving the app on my phone, 2 hours later I received an alert of 2,500 in my GTB bank, got messages from them and the app notified me that I borrowed money and to repay back in 8 days, I no just worry, I quickly paid back their 3,100 via transfer.

Loan, they no clear or acknowledge payment, but I just moved on thinking I have done the right thing... Lol... After a week, they called me to start asking for repayment, I thought it was a joke and after explaining how it happened to the agent, he promised to look into the situation. My nephew forwarded a message he received from them, very bad... I almost cried... I waited for the agent to call again, and he did the next day, I calmly listened to all his blackmails and gibberish then he asked when I can make the payment which now has interest equals to 4,350... I just laughed and told him " Guy, this call is being recorded for evidence purposes, please send your office address so I can come and make payment in person as you don't have an office address written anywhere online, also I want to drop a letter from my lawyer inviting you guys to court for defamation of character"

Omo, werey just end call, few minutes later, I got messages, sms and in app acknowledging my previous payment...

Long story short, no dey fear them, I never had interest in the loan but now I have used the app more knowing their weakness, borrowed and repaid them till we got to over 90k, I did my calculations and discovered I have gotten all my interest back, so I didn't pay back and till now, when any of them call me we just talk like friends and I tell them I will pay when I have money jare, the country no easy and they call the next week again... Danmm foools...

Seriously, I don't know the implications if it's really serious, if you guys shed some light on it, then I will just have to pay them...
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by redcliff: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

Forget all these useless loan apps.

If you need cash urgently, borrow from your friends

All these loanshark apps arenot regulated. In sanee climes, stuffs like this won't happen.

This disgrace is what Comes with being a Nigerian.

SORRY MAN

in sane climes, this useless op would not pay a loan without paying he interest.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by tunjidare2(m): 7:23am On Nov 05, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Typical Nigerian with zero integrity. Why borrow with no plan to repay. You are wrecking another man's business. One day you'll open a business and wonder why things are going South.

If that Loan company have 50 clients defaulting on their payment, they'll be out of business, but like the average Nigerian that you are, you don't care as long as you find sleep at night.

The Lord judge you.

Pele o, Full Nigerian
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by femi4: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

They'll not send another message to my contacts about clearing my debt
Stupid excuse.... common do the needful and pay the interest. You lack integrity

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by KingAlayinde(m): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan

Oga I swear you need serious beating , you want us to support your foolishness abi .... Agreement na agreement if you don't know

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by deavicky(m): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
who are you leaving the interest for.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Kajaard: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2021
frugal:

This is stale. If this were to be so, they would all have gone out of business, but more loan companies are springing up everyday. What does that tell you? Nigerians are borrowing and repaying back. Sure there'll be a few who are unable to due to extreme poverty, but these loan companies are balling mhen. Crazy interest rates, unregulated market. Sigh!

The bold faced, this I completely agree with you.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by tunjidare2(m): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2021
EmekaBlue:
I'm with you on this 100%

I am with you %200

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by olasaad(f): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

All these loanshark apps arenot regulated. In sanee climes, stuffs like this won't happen.

SORRY MAN

They will not pay back the good friend his/her money back on time. Some will not even talk about it again.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by nedekid: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2021
They should put your face too as they did to a friend.
Most Nigerians are fraudulent and hence making life difficult for others. The spoil opportunity. The high risk default causes high interest rate for loans.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by phemmie06(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2021
heykims:

And was he blind when he was agreeing to their terms and conditions? He's a worse than his creditors.
I have never and will never take loan from any of this fintech, but was he told messages will be sent to all his contacts?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

The Lord judge you.

How did you know that I have no plan to pay before messages were sent to my contacts? I was just 3 days overdue before they sent those messages.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by vikyno(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2021
Reading through comments clearly show the reason our government feel they can push anything down our throat without resisting it. We are so comfortable with pains and illegality.
Two wrongs does not make anything right.
How on earth would you blackmail someone because of #3700?
Have they not heard of "force majeure" before?
The fact that you are comfortable and you have no need of using the loan apps does not mean others are.
Nigerians are suffering so much under this government. Some don't even have relatives to help. Workers are not even getting good pay with such a high inflation rate.
We need to watch others back and reject illegality.
Our government that could not publish names of Sponsors of Bokoharam are comfortable with loan sharks defaming their citizens just because of peanuts.
We have a long way to go in this Nation.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by phemmie06(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2021
BIGNAME2020:

Is sokoloan not in google play store?
They are.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by BarrElChapo(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

SORRY MAN

You got any lawyer friend that can help you write them for free ? It will go away like it never happened. So sorry
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by nedekid: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2021
deavicky:
who are you leaving the interest for.
Bros i taya. Shebi you see the mentality of the average Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by azikiweironsi(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2021
OssyMalik:
Every week I get distressing messages from people who are owing money to online loan apps and how they blackmail their debtors by sending defamatory messages to everyone on their contact list.

I want to appreciate the efforts of The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for their efforts in fighting this oppression.

If you owe money to an online loan app and they are sending defamatory messages to all your contact list please send a letter to:
The Director General
NITDA
Area 11, 28 Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya St, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria

The agency is presently clamping down on online loan apps who defame and blackmail their creditors.

I also want anyone dealing with this kind of challenge to share in the comment section what online app they borrowed money from and their experience so that others can learn and perhaps someone on my timeline will see it as well and help out.

Please share so that others can be blessed as you are blessed.

#copiedfrom Wale Jana

Very good. Only reasonable answer so far.
Most of these loan apps are purposely designed to defraud innocent Nigerian. The app the OP mentioned was designed in that manner.
Going through the app, I discovered that there was nowhere the interest nor the time for repayment is stated. The app is quick to show you that you are entitled to like #100,000(One hundred thousand naira) and asked to click without any option to decide how much needed or when to pay. If the borrower click it the said #100,000.00 will be reduced to say #5000.00(five thousand naira) and a repayment within 7 days(seven days) with a ridiculous interest rate.
Before you say JACK boom the loan is in your account. You are left without any option than to accept and pay by force.
How can you ask somebody to secure a loan with almost 50% to be repaid within 7days if not ridiculous and fraudulent.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by nedu2000(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2021
How else can they get their money?i don't blame them as such. That was how Opay was calling me 3x a day and another 3 sms/day to repay a N500 loan,as soon as network allowed me i swifted repayed, a creditor getting money from a debtor and a landlord getting rid of a defaulting tenant are two of the most difficult things to achieve in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Dannyfoxxy(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

To owe is human, to pay back is divine

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by heykims(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:

I have never and will never take loan from any of this fintech, but was he told messages will be sent to all his contacts?
I'm not justifying what the loan app did and it was wrong to do that anyway. But what other ways can they employ to get their money from terrible debtors like this op?

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by AntiWailer: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
this is the very reason people take them to court , you can sue them and claim damages

Lol
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Acidosis(m): 7:32am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

SORRY MAN

Borrow from friends? You're advising someone that couldn't pay a loan app to borrow from friends?

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by KoshCAD: 7:32am On Nov 05, 2021
When you wanted to borrow,whom do you tell. Did you not see the interest on it before agreeing. Now time for you to pay,you don't want to pay and you are claiming victim. Oga go and pay the fucking money.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by StreetPreacher: 7:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

When I was to travel out briefly, I needed some extra money and got a loan from my bank . Access Bank at a low interest rate with 1% penal charge if I didn't pay up after 31days. I actually paid few days after the 31days. They deducted the money I borrowed without any penal charge. It's safer borrowing from your bank mobile app than these money lenders everywhere. If at all you need to borrow, make sure the phone you are using to borrow the funds doesn't have contacts related to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Agbor, Delta, Breaks Down In Tears / 24-Year-Old Lady Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In South Africa / Sex With Prostitute Sends Married Man To Jail In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.