Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills (33007 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Regex: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
***Takes a deep breath***

... here we go again.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by ExtremeDot: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
wunmi590:
I'm writing based on the thread that grace the front page either this week or last, see below for the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6833377/type-relationship-desire

In my own opinion, I feel it is the full responsibilities of every man, to foot every bills in your home, you claim to be the head and as the head you should always be responsible and not shy away from your responsibilities..

It is only broke men that fight their wives to share mans responsibilities, if you are not capable to take up your sole responsibility, please remain single..

You can't see Dangote or Femi Otedola splitting bills at home with their wife..

Your woman can only support you at her own will without being told to do so....

Know this and have peace of mind cool

Why are women selfish? Na natural follow come characteristics?

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
[s]
KingAlabi:

We ain't splitting the bills, all funds both hers and mine comes to me and I decide how we spend the damn thing, that's why I am the head of the house.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Kingcalls: 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
wunmi590:
I'm writing based on the thread that grace the front page either this week or last, see below for the thread:

In my own opinion, I feel it is the full responsibilities of every man, to foot every bills in your home, you claim to be the head and as the head you should always be responsible and not shy away from your responsibilities..

It is only broke men that fight their wives to share mans responsibilities, if you are not capable to take up your sole responsibility, please remain single..

You are wrong...its not broke men that force their wives ... its due to women and their equality agenda... if my wife says I must also cook and bath the baby and also clean the house, then she too will have to take her share of the bills

7 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Forthepeople21(f): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
Paying bills should NEVER be put on one person or the other. It’s not fair and will lead to resentment and breakup. Just a matter of time. No one is responsible for another full grown, able bodied person.
If you want your relationship to last, discuss this before moving in or getting married. If one is out of work suddenly, there needs to be some effort to still contribute. Unless you are just a lazy person. Then your spouse can deal with that.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by juman(m): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
OP need to borrow sense.
Probably she is a teenager.
Everybody no be dangote or adenuga.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by RexTramadol1: 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
Who tell you say Otedola wife no Dey do something?

U follow dem reach house?

Everybody get e own responsibility, but once you start giving a woman certain privileges, they widen it and that make you look angry

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by rahztafari(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
Very funny.

Anyways like someone mentioned, if I foot the bills that means she will have no say in the union.

And that should also mean she won't be allowed to work or pursue her career. What about that? Because I don't understand yall. How can a working woman in a union choose not to contribute to the bills? Why is she working na? Maybe she should stop working and be a full-time house wife then.

10 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mariangeles:

A woman should support her family with a sense of obligation, and not by “will”.

See better woman with good OT.. thank God not all Nairaland ladies are the same

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by KingAlabi: 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
I striked a chord didn't I?
Shameless species.
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Mikeeytools: 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
eazzzy1:
The days when paying bills was the sole responsibility of a man are far gone. In those days men didn’t want their wives working and the made that abundantly clear.

If a woman makes money she should contribute towards the bills. They either contribute a percentage of their income to a joint account with which they take care of all bills or they split bills equally.

Even children should pay bills when they start earning, if they continue to live at home. Any woman who doesn’t want to split bills should be fine if her husband tells her to stop working.

It’s this kind of pride that makes men die early. Keep paying bills while she saves up all her own money. You will be telling your siblings you don’t have 10k to give them, she will send her own siblings abroad for studies.

don't mind them kids everywhere in a situation when this useless economa has turned millions to thousand be up there assuming nonsense.
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Mrbenny001: 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
What kind of backward stupid mentality is this..so if the woman is working or she has a business...she shouldn't contribute to the growth and stability of the family... what should she be using her resources for then? Pls answer me what should be priority and woman responsibility with her income.. whether she has rich husband or not. All these children posting shit up and down

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by KingAlabi: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
killmods:

See better woman with good OT.. thank God not all Nairaland ladies are the same
They are bro, it surely finally comes out. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by just2endowed: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2021
paulavon:
Marriage involves shared responsibilities.
Both parties must contribute to the union to make it work.

An average man feels proud and happy to see his wife takes up some little bills and responsibilities here and there without being told.

Citing examples of billionaires like Dangote and Otedola in this discuss doesn't really hold water.Every man must not have the kind of money they do in other to have a decent and responsible home.
A man paying 100% of the bills doesn't translate to a happy home.

The sad reality is that, any woman who wants to have this entitled and feministic mentality of subjecting the man to foot 100% of the bills in the home will quickly wears the man off and ends up a widow.

And she will move to the next available man.

I Don't know how couple reason in this hard economy. If you like, do King Kong in the family and continue footing 100% of the bill. Na you know
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by MKO200: 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Marriage is the coming together of a man and woman, by implication; shared responsibility.
You guys should start using your big heads and stop being unnecessarily egotistic. If their is love and understanding btw you two (which is suppose to be the bases of any good marriage) then anyone can pay the bills. You guys are only scared that if she's taking responsibility you will not have 100% authority. Their is no constraints to a woman cognitive ability, she too can make even better decision

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by thesolutions(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
This kind of argument can only be caused by poverty.
When a man and a woman are doing well, you won't hear them talking about bills especially when there is love in the relationship.

But there is also a transactional relationship where the objective of the Union is mutual. People in this category are mostly self acclaimed feminist who are suffering from personality Disorder. They are neither male nor female. They just want to exercise the authority of a man Just to prove that they are not weak but cannot bear taking the responsibility of the man hence nagging about responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Cyoung4real(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Werey grin grin

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by DaSugarBoi(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Talk is Cheap

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Nonexisting: 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
They will never want to take responsibilities but they will always want equal rights when it comes to decision making. The other day, an idiot was saying over her dead body would her father in law marry her nanny. That was a man who built an empire for his family and the olosho golddigger who contributed nothing wanted to decide for the entire household. Go to work places today, you will see them claiming weaker sex when it comes to work but on pay day, they will want to get the same pay with men who do the hard works. These days, I don't get angry at them but on simps like this who support them hoping for pussy but at the end of the day, the vaginarians ignore them and respectfully submit their pussies only to men like me who don't give a fucck. Keep on simping and keep on disgracing your fathers and grandfathers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Slavishbenin: 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2021
wunmi590:

This is exactly why men are no longer getting married. Taking care of a grown up adult as if the woman is incapacitated. Tueh, I just hope with this you will be submissive like a real slave you are grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by BlackPantherxXx: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nonsense.

I dont share any bills with any girls...

So don't expect me to do any household chore.

That's what your hands are for.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Slavishbenin: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
wunmi590:

Nobody is saying the woman will not have a say, what we are saying is that husband should stop forcing their wives to split bills, bill is the sole responsibility of the husband....

My wife pay bills, she buy fuel in her car, it was suppose to be my responsibility, because I gave her the car, but she does it at her own will....

A woman who doesn't support have no say and she's a pure slave no matter how you see it, it further renders them to the slave status

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by toujurs: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
You are a fool, a capital foool

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by callmeRichie(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
I found this irritating sha! You still carry this mentality enter marriage? At 40 now u con look like 70 and kpai early(God forbid, just an irony) dem go now dey talk say nah village people not know nah u put yourself on unnecessary pressure!

A virtuous woman knows she must have a say in the house by having a sense of responsibility!

I don't pray for a kind of woman with this write up undecided a woman that can't do anything if her husband is not around or down!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by litaninja(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
I love how nigerians embrace poverty sha.
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Slavishbenin: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
.......Like you were asked. In such union if the man says Yes,can the woman counter his opinion?

Your wife is sensible enough to understand that it is her obligation to fuel her car and that she is not doing it willingly.

Tell yourself the truth. If your wife stops supporting you,will you ever want to take any decesion in the family and put her on the know?
The guy is a hypocrite. He shouldn't even allow the wife spend her money what a foolish guy he is
Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by neonly: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
wunmi590:

U sound like a 15yrs old boy
Sorry no personal grouch

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by uvie66: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
paulavon:
Marriage involves shared responsibilities.
Both parties must contribute to the union to make it work.

An average man feels proud and happy to see his wife takes up some little bills and responsibilities here and there without being told.

Citing examples of billionaires like Dangote and Otedola in this discuss doesn't really hold water.Every man must not have the kind of money they do in other to have a decent and responsible home.
A man paying 100% of the bills doesn't translate to a happy home.

The sad reality is that, any woman who wants to have this entitled and feministic mentality of subjecting the man to foot 100% of the bills in the home will quickly wears the man off and ends up a widow.
Well said, if my wife leave all the financial responsibilities to me and fold her hands saying I am the head, l will just pack my things and leave the marriage...lass lass marriage is not by force, I didn't come to this world to die for another woman matter.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by robortonia: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
Don't mind them, bring that spiliting and sharing bills before me and watch me apply it everywhere such that you will hate yourself.A man should just be good,do his best,give love and care and you won't ever need to sound it to your wife to be supportive. But you see those redpillers immediately asking for bills to be shared ehn,me sef will activate my other side and even the air we breath will be shared,down to the bedroom as you'll only release sperm when I want kid,other times I'm going to stop you at your peak because we have to divide the energy as well.rubbish

U neva jam
One person go visit hell

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by Ayemoso17: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
still wondering why you wrote up this article You see ..
In this Western world where it is very hard for almost 80 percent of people to make a living. And you are saying someone shouldn't be supportive to others. And you are even comparing so many people that is Very hard for to make a living to the Dangote's and the Otedola' s. Pls. You have to wake up from your slumber. Is your mother not supportive to your father when you are growing up?.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills by uvie66: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
Forthepeople21:
Paying bills should NEVER be put on one person or the other. It’s not fair and will lead to resentment and breakup. Just a matter of time. No one is responsible for another full grown, able bodied person.
If you want your relationship to last, discuss this before moving in or getting married. If one is out of work suddenly, there needs to be some effort to still contribute. Unless you are just a lazy person. Then your spouse can deal with that.
I concur...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Day-old Baby Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Ondo (pictured) / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.